• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana and Benzos

EphemeralOutlet141

Bluelight Crew
Okay so pot has always deeply upset my anxiety and I would very rarely get a good high out of it. I want to get back into smoking weed in a socoal setting so I take my klonopin an hour or two before I smoke.

Problem is, I don't know what the sweet spot is with the ratio. What's a good amount of klonopin to take to keep the edge off but not completely zombify me? 4mg is a little too much, had me pass in out smoking a mostly sativa hybrid. Also, do they potentiate each other or have some kind of synergistic effects? Any other random information would be appreciated.

Apologies if this belongs in BDD.

unless you're scripted it I wouldn't recommend taking benzos with habitual pot smoking.

Try the lowest dose in relation to your tolerance that takes away all your anxiety then smoke.

Try switching to an indica strain with higher CBD.
that can help with that.
ALso i've heard edibles can produce a trippier but still more relaxing type of high.
Many people swear they get a better high eating it than smoking or vaping.

I quite like to combo of weed and benzos, but not so much in a social setting. Benzos take the edge off and make me feel like I'm invincible to the negative effects of weed, so I end up smoking a lot and turning into a bit of a zombie xD. It's more suitable for a lazy evening on the couch with some music on or something. I usually lack the cognitive skills on this combo to watch TV/movies.

marijuana and benzos

best combo ever. I could take it further but, you know.... harm reduction.

Not sure on the k-pin dosage, though. I never really messed around with clonazepam like that.

Potentiation.... as far as that goes, the sedative qualities of benzodiazepines are enhanced for me with weed. If you don't want to knock yourself out, take half of your medicinal dose and try it out. Take note of how it effects you and adjust accordingly in the future.

As long as you stay under a medicinal dose then you shouldn't have any problems other than feeling extra sleepy, in my experience. Benzo's seem to kill the.... uhhh.... the "psychedelic" aspect of a weed high. It basically takes you from being high/smacked, to being straight up couch-lock stoned. Again, just my experience....

Last edited:
I agree last part completely about the lack of psychedelic feel. Just super stony. If ur not scripted pins I think it's a bad idea but 1-2 mg will curb any anxiety.

I'm not scripted pins, my parents don't believe in pharmaceutical medicine but I definitely have an anxiety problem, especially when it comes to weed.

I also noticed the sedative qualities were amplified and the psychedelic qualities were downplayed. It was a pleasant high but in conclusion I think I'm gonna cut the Klonopin dose in half and it would be perfect.

Thanks guys

I'm not scripted pins, my parents don't believe in pharmaceutical medicine but I definitely have an anxiety problem, especially when it comes to weed.

I also noticed the sedative qualities were amplified and the psychedelic qualities were downplayed. It was a pleasant high but in conclusion I think I'm gonna cut the Klonopin dose in half and it would be perfect.

Thanks guys

Yep yep, no problem. Just be cautious and you won't have any issues.

For the record, I just looked up how clonazepam is prescribed for social/panic disorders-- starts at 0.25mg/day (I'm assuming for super-small and/or hypersensitive patients) and hits a ceiling at a maximum recommended intake of 4mg/day. source

Naturally that's going to vary from one individual to the next but it's as good a guideline to start with as any other.

benzos and weed is heaven... if you can stay awake.

I'd say start with a small dose of then benzo, like maybe .25 and wait until onset(go by time frame not feel), then start with a very very low dose of weed, like maybe one small hit.

Once you start feeling good it is hard to remember that more isn't always better, at least for me, but just start slow. Dip a toe in, see if you like it.

i really couldn't answer your question due to differences in weight and tolerance between users. me personally, with no tolerance 2mg is plenty. i find benzos get shitty if you try to get high off them, the lowest anxiolytic dose for you is what you should take.

Thanks guys

The best thing to do to lessen your anxiety and still be able to get the full high is take you Kpins the night before say like 8 pm and then smoke the next day. It will still be in your system but if u take it when u smoke u r missing out on a full high.

The best thing to do to lessen your anxiety and still be able to get the full high is take you Kpins the night before say like 8 pm and then smoke the next day. It will still be in your system but if u take it when u smoke u r missing out on a full high.

Shooooooot, the best thing to do would be to learn to cope with anxiety without medication but, maannnnnn, fuck that noise.

I know what you mean, though, dark man. Disagree with the second part of that last sentence of yours, by the way. ;)

The noradrenaline aspect of the high is severely diminished but the dopamine euphoria is very much still there. I actually been nipping on Valium(fav benzo) and smoking hella grass(fav drug) and they combine very well. I keep my tolerance to drugs low so my 10mg Valium and weed is like the most perfect feeling. The noradrenaline aspect (excitedness/fear) part of the high isn't there tho. But tbh I can do without that sometimes. And that dose of valium doesn't diminish anxiety completely so there's still the spritz of noradrenaline that ads to the excited THC buzz:).

High-dosed Bennies and weed is fucking whack tho. You'd be more sedated than lifted IMO.

i would simply just never recommend habitual use of benzos as those drugs are the devil and I'm happy to see that you do not believe in the therapeutic use of pills to aid our "disorders" or more intelligently put, "natural fucking emotions"

Okay so pot has always deeply upset my anxiety and I would very rarely get a good high out of it. I want to get back into smoking weed in a socoal setting so I take my klonopin an hour or two before I smoke.

Problem is, I don't know what the sweet spot is with the ratio. What's a good amount of klonopin to take to keep the edge off but not completely zombify me? 4mg is a little too much, had me pass in out smoking a mostly sativa hybrid. Also, do they potentiate each other or have some kind of synergistic effects? Any other random information would be appreciated.

Apologies if this belongs in BDD.

Try 2mg. I love weed + benzos. I've found they potentiate each other. great combo!

To be honest, I don't understand what people are talking about when they say they "love weed and benzos".

Granted, the only benzo I ever took was Klonopin but I was on it every single day for 11 years and it never helped the paranoia or negative thought patterns I got from weed one bit.

I only took 1.5mgs daily, but when I'd smoke I often got negative thought cycles and paranoia and even doses as high as 2.5mgs didn't help with it but I never went over 2.5 mgs unlike some people who take a shit load of Klonopin because even at that dose it just made me groggy as shit.

My tolerance was also really high taking it everyday though so maybe I would have needed more but Klonopin never ever gave me any kind of high at all, it just helped with anxiety and only the type of anxiety I'd get when I WASN"T high, never when I was high.

The only drugs that ever helped with the anxiety or negative thought loops from weed were either alcohol or opiates and I don't like to take too many opiates which is why almost every time I smoke weed I get drunk first and then I always feel great lol, and which is why I don't smoke these days.

Unless my life is going perfectly and there's nothing to worry about (and who's life is perfect?) weed usually makes me focus on only the negative aspects.

I wish it were for me what it is for many others, and it used to be when I was younger, but now it only brings out negativity so I don't smoke without drinking.

To be honest, I don't understand what people are talking about when they say they "love weed and benzos".

Granted, the only benzo I ever took was Klonopin but I was on it every single day for 11 years and it never helped the paranoia or negative thought patterns I got from weed one bit.

I only took 1.5mgs daily, but when I'd smoke I often got negative thought cycles and paranoia and even doses as high as 2.5mgs didn't help with it but I never went over 2.5 mgs unlike some people who take a shit load of Klonopin because even at that dose it just made me groggy as shit.

My tolerance was also really high taking it everyday though so maybe I would have needed more but Klonopin never ever gave me any kind of high at all, it just helped with anxiety and only the type of anxiety I'd get when I WASN"T high, never when I was high.

The only drugs that ever helped with the anxiety or negative thought loops from weed were either alcohol or opiates and I don't like to take too many opiates which is why almost every time I smoke weed I get drunk first and then I always feel great lol, and which is why I don't smoke these days.

Unless my life is going perfectly and there's nothing to worry about (and who's life is perfect?) weed usually makes me focus on only the negative aspects.

I wish it were for me what it is for many others, and it used to be when I was younger, but now it only brings out negativity so I don't smoke without drinking.

You don't "get it?"

Maybe because you use benzo's to negate a natural aspect of a marijuana high, whereas we seem to like benzo's for what they are and happen to think they synergize with tree wonderfully? That could be why you just don't "get it."

You cause yourself anxiety with one drug and then get confused when you take another drug and the anxiety persists, eh? I feel like you're doing it wrong. Not sure what exactly, but something.

You don't "get it?"

Maybe because you use benzo's to negate a natural aspect of a marijuana high, whereas we seem to like benzo's for what they are and happen to think they synergize with tree wonderfully? That could be why you just don't "get it."

You cause yourself anxiety with one drug and then get confused when you take another drug and the anxiety persists, eh? I feel like you're doing it wrong. Not sure what exactly, but something.

Don't take it critically man, it's great that the synergy works for you.

I like benzos for what they are also because they helped me deal with anxiety for 11 years and changed my life.

I'd say I used them to a much greater positive end than most people who use them, never recreationally (not that there's anything at all wrong with that) only therapeutically.

What I don't "get" is how they syngergize with weed so well for other people while they never did for me.

They worked SO well for any other kind of anxiety EXCEPT for that caused by weed and THAT is what I don't get.

So yes, it confused me that it didn't work for the anxiety caused by weed when it worked so well for all my other anxiety and it confuses me that the synergy works so well for other and not for me and I think it makes sense that that should be confusing.

And yes I find it odd because there other drugs that can cause anxiety where I found Klonopin got rid of it, for example, caffeine.

If I ever started to get anxious from drinking too much coffee some extra Klonopin always got rid of it, but not with weed, so I found that odd.

I see the point you are trying to make though, that you didn't take the benzo to get rid of the anxiety but just to enjoy the benzo, but I guess I don't "get" that either because in 11 years of taking Klonopin I never ONCE got any kind of high from it, so the only way for it to synergize with the weed would be to rid me of the anxiety it caused, which it didn't do.

However, you have mentioned liking Xanax and I've heard that is more euphoric than Klonopin but I've never taken Xanax so I don't know.

It kind of seems like you are "talking down to me a bit" though lol, which isn't necessary.

I'm sure you know plenty about this subject but so do I, having been on Klonopin for 11 years and smoked plenty of weed in my life.

The point I was making is that the OP IS talking about doing what you don't do and what I tried to do with the exact same 2 drugs (Klonopin and Weed)...Which IS to combat the anxiety caused by weed with benzos...NOT simply to enjoy the combo cause he likes both drugs...and my point was I never "got" how that worked for others, cause it never worked for me.

It's also not THAT odd to try to combat a negative side effect of one drug with another....which is EXACTLY why the weed and alcohol combo is my favorite:

When I drink and smoke weed I am able to experience ALL the good effects of the weed and NONE of the bad effects which is what is so great.

I still get all the euphoria from the weed and all the changes in thought patterns and the stony feeling but NONE of the anxiety AND I get to enjoy being drunk also.

And no matter what anyone says I disagree that drinking to combat the weed anxiety and further enjoy my weed high is "doing it wrong"...cause I think it's doing it right and it works for me.

I just never understood why Klonopin didn't do the same thing when prescribed for anxiety.

People talk about taking benzos to combat anxiety from tripping on harder psychs, so I don't get why that is "doing it wrong".

Combing 2 drugs for any reason still must mean that something wasn't "good enough" for you on its own, so even if the logic behind your taking 2 drugs instead of one is different you are still playing games with substances in order to achieve a certain effect you find more desirable.

In the end, it's still not THAT different really.

You are making one good thing into an even better thing, I'm trying to make a good thing that has negative aspects into a better thing without negative aspects...which works when I combine weed and Booze and doesn't when I combine weed and Klonopin.

However, people react differently to different drugs...which is the answer in the end (sorry for writing a book, I drank too much coffee lol).

Don't take it critically man, it's great that the synergy works for you.

Not trying to be critical, I'm just a li'l fucked up and not too diplomatic at the moment. My apologies for coming off that way.

They worked SO well for any other kind of anxiety EXCEPT for that caused by weed and THAT is what I don't get.

They don't work well for weed-related anxiety for me, either. Granted, weed is almost always anxiolytic for me. The tree itself reduces my anxiety, pretty much 99% of the time (random number, but there's only been one or two times out of probably hundreds of thousands I can remember where I started freaking out because of my weed high).

I'll agree with that-- all day, every day.

I see the point you are trying to make though, that you didn't take the benzo to get rid of the anxiety but just to enjoy the benzo, but I guess I don't "get" that either because in 11 years of taking Klonopin I never ONCE got any kind of high from it, so the only way for it to synergize with the weed would be to rid me of the anxiety it caused, which it didn't do.

I see the confusion! I was a bit misleading. Most of my benzo' experience is restricted to Xanax/alprazolam, Valium/diazepam, and Ativan/lorazepam, so those are the drugs I'm mainly referring to when I say "benzo" even though they all literally apply. I've tried Klonopin/clonazepam several times but I just didn't like it, so I haven't bothered with it since.

However, you have mentioned liking Xanax and I've heard that is more euphoric than Klonopin but I've never taken Xanax so I don't know.

You show me a user who can't get high off Xanax and/or Valium and I'll show you a man that's a fucking android or something and's been fooling all of us all this time.

It kind of seems like you are "talking down to me a bit" though lol, which isn't necessary.

Sorry, brutha, wasn't my intention. Again, fucked up and dickish. I'm trying to correct that with this post, though. :)

I'm sure you know plenty about this subject but so do I, having been on Klonopin for 11 years and smoked plenty of weed in my life.

Truthfully, I'm rather ignorant when it comes to Klonopin, specifically.

The point I was making is that the OP IS talking about doing what you don't do and what I tried to do with the exact same 2 drugs (Klonopin and Weed)...Which IS to combat the anxiety caused by weed with benzos...NOT simply to enjoy the combo cause he likes both drugs...and my point was I never "got" how that worked for others, cause it never worked for me.

You're right. I have a habit of going off on sort of OP-related-but-sort-of-its-own-topic kinds of tangents all the time. I like both drugs immensely separately. Together, it's basically a 1 + 1 = an-impossible-to-overdose-on 2. Just my opinion (and lots of other peoples' as well, from my experience.)

It's also not THAT odd to try to combat a negative side effect of one drug with another

Again, you're absolutely right. My underlying point which I probably should've been more direct with was that a person shouldn't be disappointed when this kind of thing backfires and works oppositely of the way you intended it to..

People talk about taking benzos to combat anxiety from tripping on harder psychs, so I don't get why that is "doing it wrong".

Combining 2 drugs for any reason still must mean that something wasn't "good enough" for you on its own, so even if the logic behind your taking 2 drugs instead of one is different you are still playing games with substances in order to achieve a certain effect you find more desirable.

That was actually from a personal perspective, not scientific or anything. I feel like a person should take their drugs for what they are. Weed causes anxiety that you find unbearable? Well, tree might not be the daily drug of choice for you then. Opiates make your skin crawl unless you drown yourself in benadryl? Might want to find another solution... (Those are generic examples not directed at anyone in particular.)

idk, I guess (in my mind), a drug habit is unhealthy enough on it's own. I feel like it's a bad idea to have a daily habit that relies on more than one psychoactive substance to get you where you need to be, especially if the purpose of one is to tune down the unpleasantness of the other. Shit man, that might be hypocritical of me but it's what's going through my head at the moment.

Sorry again for seeming like I was talking down to you. I was just talking like me, which at times is basically an abrasive asshole. Didn't mean to make you feel any sort of offended by it.

excuse jib! let him hit his weed. He's a really nice guy.

Like i think i firstly said. Do not use benzos for habitual pot smoking cuz.

Benzos and weed is a very nice feeling. I was trynna explain it with my 2 cents. The adrenalin part of the weed high is diminished and high adrenalin is what causes the "fear". Decent levels cause "euphoria". So the benzo makes the adrenalin a little more bearable for people who are sensitive to it.

Dopamine part of the high is still there. Euphoria wise. I like to do drugs on benzos. No matter what it is besides hallucinogens. Simply because it makes most drugs smoother and this is the synergy Jib's talking about. From cocaine to alcohol to weed to cigs to DPH. Benzos make it all a smoother ride.