• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marihuana's Insidiousness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do use marihuana occasionally. In general, marihuana addicts are the most vile and most degenerate drug addicts that exist. Addicts perpetuate the belief that marihuana is harmless, deny that marihuana is addictive at all, that it is good for you to inhale the smoke of combusted plant material multiple times a day and that marihuana addiction causes no social or mental issues including cognitive impairment. Put simply, marihuana addicts fail to see the damage the drug is doing. Heroin, cocaine, meth, alcohol and benzo addicts all know that what they are doing is not healthy. But a marihuana addict will smoke every day because it's obviously good for them and helps them.

Hey, man, it's all good. You have every right to think that. But no one's stuffing a glass pipe in your mouth so I'd hope you'd show the same courtesy by not trying to take it out of my mouth.

^ So all I have to do to stop my addiction to pot is renew my Medical Marijuana card?
Nope. Having a medical card does not mean that you really need the marihuana. Medical cards simply allow people to legally buy and own marihuana, any chemical contained in marihuana and marihuana-related products. This is similar to the prescription system for other controlled drugs, except it is far easier to get a medical marihuana permit than to get a prescription for say, OxyContin, Xanax or Adderall. A medical marihuana permit would be more like a theoretical medical opium permit where people could legally buy opium, morphine, codeine and the like, grow poppies and purchase opium-related products. But of course, no opioid chemical that did not naturally exist in Opium would be legal, so oxymorphone, hydromorphone, fentanyl or AH-7921 would obviously be as illegal as anything else.

You told me you only post facts,is this what you mean by that. Sounds much like the opinion of some asshole that has taken to many designer drugs to me.

If someone(meaning adult) wants to get high why do they need to have a medical reason to do so. The way I see it as long as they cause no harm and all they want to do is feel good,fuck it let em be.Who am I to judge? Don't hear about to many people commiting violent crimes to get there fix of smoke.How many of those other drugs that you mentioned do people rob,menace,or kill in order to get there fix? Oh,but I forgot all is forgiven because they admit they have a problem! Are you a priest ,because this isn't a confessional?

I was addicted to heroin and hung out with junkies and yeah we might have admitted we had a problem but because of that simple difference we were better?Fuck no,we robbed and hurt people to get our fix I don't see how you can compare the two. That to me is like saying if one guy kills another but he admits it he's better then the guy that stole ten bucks but won't fess up .Fucking ridiculous!

I am not judging anyone. And maybe you should get your ageist bullshit out of here, being 18, 21, 28 or whatever bullshit people come up with is irrelevant. Marihuana addicts claim that marihuana is safe under all circumstances. They claim that it is harmless. They claim that there is nothing harmful about getting drugged up on marihuana on a daily basis. Your point about crime committed by drug addicts is irrelevant. Not all addicts commit violent crime. The ones that do are responsible. No drug makes a user become addicted. No drug turns a user into a criminal. People get addicted. People commit crime.

In other news some people can't control themselves around a buffet. Won't someone please think of the fat children!

Nope. Having a medical card does not mean that you really need the marihuana. Medical cards simply allow people to legally buy and own marihuana, any chemical contained in marihuana and marihuana-related products. This is similar to the prescription system for other controlled drugs, except it is far easier to get a medical marihuana permit than to get a prescription for say, OxyContin, Xanax or Adderall. A medical marihuana permit would be more like a theoretical medical opium permit where people could legally buy opium, morphine, codeine and the like, grow poppies and purchase opium-related products. But of course, no opioid chemical that did not naturally exist in Opium would be legal, so oxymorphone, hydromorphone, fentanyl or AH-7921 would obviously be as illegal as anything else.

So IF it was legal to get a medical opium permit, and said permit holder used opium for a medical reason that would be equal to using medical cannabis for the same medical reason? Or if said patient was in severe pain and used illegal cannabis (no permit) instead of legal perscribed pain medication they would simply be a marihuana addict? Would you rather see said person using legally prescribed highly addictive pain medication instead of imo not nearly as addicting and not nearly as bad cannabis for severe pain?

One more question, Who would you rather have living next to you if you had no choice a pot head or a junkie?

I am not judging anyone. And maybe you should get your ageist bullshit out of here, being 18, 21, 28 or whatever bullshit people come up with is irrelevant. Marihuana addicts claim that marihuana is safe under all circumstances. They claim that it is harmless. They claim that there is nothing harmful about getting drugged up on marihuana on a daily basis. Your point about crime committed by drug addicts is irrelevant. Not all addicts commit violent crime. The ones that do are responsible. No drug makes a user become addicted. No drug turns a user into a criminal. People get addicted. People commit crime.
It's not ageist bullshit it's called harm reduction. Since you like to talk facts how about the fact that teenagers with still developing brains can have irreversible harm done while smoking pot. I think that's more of a fact then that diatribe you originally posted that sounds as if it was run in one of William Randolph Hursts newspapers from the 30's.
Of course I smoked before I was an adult and many more will but it's unwise but that's what young people do unwise bullshit.

It's not ageist bullshit it's called harm reduction. Since you like to talk facts how about the fact that teenagers with still developing brains can have irreversible harm done while smoking pot. I think that's more of a fact then that diatribe you originally posted that sounds as if it was run in one of William Randolph Hursts newspapers from the 30's.
Of course I smoked before I was an adult and many more will but it's unwise but that's what young people do unwise bullshit.

It's not unwise. Yes, marihuana is more harmful when abused as a teen, but responsible use is not harmful, regardless of age.

So IF it was legal to get a medical opium permit, and said permit holder used opium for a medical reason that would be equal to using medical cannabis for the same medical reason? Or if said patient was in severe pain and used illegal cannabis (no permit) instead of legal perscribed pain medication they would simply be a marihuana addict? Would you rather see said person using legally prescribed highly addictive pain medication instead of imo not nearly as addicting and not nearly as bad cannabis for severe pain?

One more question, Who would you rather have living next to you if you had no choice a pot head or a junkie?

In the end, it's always the patient's choice as to what they want to do, but it is in their own good to understand what they are doing. Legality doesn't matter. This is not a discussion about laws or prohibition. I would rather have a junkie living next to me. They are generally reasonable and can be talked to if there is a problem with something drug-related. A pothead will never listen to any complaints and they usually are much more public about their addiction.

A person's personality is not determined by their drug of choice. Some "potheads" are perfectly nice and reasonable, while some "junkies" are perfectly insufferable.

First off, I do have a medical condition that affects my daily life and marijuana is the only drug that safely combats my issues.

Second, having a medical marijuana card does not make it "legal", it's NOT a permit it's actually called a "doctor's recommendation" and has nothing to do with the 21+ legality of marijuana you so despise.

Third, it's 2015. It's called a Medical Marijuana card, NOT a Medical Marihuana card and we abbreviate as a MMJ, NOT MMH. Just fyi.

A person's personality is not determined by their drug of choice. Some "potheads" are perfectly nice and reasonable, while some "junkies" are perfectly insufferable.

You are correct. But the person I was replied to to implied that the person I would be living next to would be randomly-chosen and that they would be cause annoyances in some form.

First off, I do have a medical condition that affects my daily life and marijuana is the only drug that safely combats my issues.

Second, having a medical marijuana card does not make it "legal", it's NOT a permit it's actually called a "doctor's recommendation" and has nothing to do with the 21+ legality of marijuana you so despise.

Third, it's 2015. It's called a Medical Marijuana card, NOT a Medical Marihuana card and we abbreviate as a MMJ, NOT MMH. Just fyi.

I don't despise the legality of marihuana. I despise the marihuana culture that glorifies addiction, irresponsible use and abuse of the drug. You have a medical reason to use marihuana and a doctor who agrees with it.

I despise the marihuana culture that glorifies addiction
Really? Cause I thought you despised how much it makes you lie.

Admitting to an addiction is the opposite of a lie.

The above points can be addressed with the same answer to the question of what makes marihuana worse than heroin and opium. Unlike those drugs, marihuana lies. Every junkie knows that they are a junkie. Every person who wastes away each evening in an opium den knows that they themselves are also wasting away. Every other drug out there reminds its users that, no matter how much enjoyment they receive, there is a price to be paid. Every one except marihuana.

You say pot heads are liars and can't own up to an addiction and when one does you all of sudden claim potheads glorify addiction.

You can't be pleased.

Really? Cause I thought you despised how much it makes you lie.

Admitting to an addiction is the opposite of a lie.

You say pot heads are liars and can't own up to an addiction and when one does you all of sudden claim potheads glorify addiction.

You can't be pleased.
He has constantly contradicted himself .I don't know if he's coming or going,should change his name to 1trip2many!

In general, marihuana addicts are the most vile and most degenerate drug addicts that exist.

Oh, come now, you're not even trying now ;)

This whole thread is pretty laugable. Do some people overconsume cannabis? Absolutely. Does it result in them becoming complacent in daily life? For sure. Does it have negative social effects? Probably.

The sweeping generalizations (and now contracdictions) kind of undermine your points though.

Because I found the entire OP to be sooo incredibly inaccurate, the only thing (or the biggest thing) to actually get on my nerves is the part where you say alcoholics are a minority. As an alcoholic I know. That to be groosly untrue. Or, as a person who experiences life outside a bull I know too many people to be so naive.

... and I'm stoned. :p. Funny read though, thanks.

Because I found the entire OP to be sooo incredibly inaccurate, the only thing (or the biggest thing) to actually get on my nerves is the part where you say alcoholics are a minority. As an alcoholic I know. That to be groosly untrue. Or, as a person who experiences life outside a bull I know too many people to be so naive.

... and I'm stoned. :p. Funny read though, thanks.
Yes that is one of many instances where he appeared to be pulling facts from his ass. I believe he was T.U.I.(typing under the influence). It gets on my nerves where some put opinion up and misrepresents it as fact. The guy has no credibility and seems to try to make his skewed reality everyone elses.

Status
Not open for further replies.