• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball March Madness 2023 v. Bracket Deadline 16 March 12:00 EST

Coming in to take my lumps. Good win for y’all and you needed it, but we played like absolute dog shit.

fuck yeah we needed it. Our season was over without it.

I'm not celebrating yet though. If we slip up again we're still fucked.

Two home games that we absolutely cannot lose, then on the road against vandy who just beat Arkansas.

then Kansas at rupp :jrumb:

We crushed stupid Georgia good tonight. Texas on Saturday.

How is college of Charleston the #18 team in the country? Can’t say I’ve ever seen that, not even when Bobby Cremins was there.

How is college of Charleston the #18 team in the country?

you mean you don't value wins against the likes of North Greenville, Stetson, Hampton, Coastal, Towson, or W&M ?

They got crushed by UNC in November. Beat Virginia Tech by two @ Charleston.

I haven't watched them so I can't say if they're good or not. Maybe they are. But I do know the selection committee has been putting more and more of these schools through the past few years. It's good for business overall. Almost guaranteed a deep Cinderella run. As you know that gets huge media coverage and gets the casual/non fans more invested in the tournament.

It is also in their best interest to put more smaller schools in because it legitimizes their conferences. Look at what has happened to the WCC over the past several years. Gonzaga...one team... has made the entire conference somewhat relevant. Saint Mary's is ranked way ahead of us at 22 and their best win was @ Vandy.

What would Charleston's record be if they played in the SEC or Big 12 etc?

Just saying.

Well they lost to Hofstra today so they can just go away now.

Great day of hoops today.

UK game is good. Sorry, mal, I just don’t have it in my cold black Vol heart to pull for your boys.

Well they lost to Hofstra today so they can just go away now.

Great day of hoops today.

UK game is good. Sorry, mal, I just don’t have it in my cold black Vol heart to pull for your boys.

eh, it's alright. When Kansas went on that losing streak I figured it'd be us that broke it. Seems to be the formula last several years. No rank for us on Tuesday. Oh well I guess.

yea, tough loss. I thought y’all would win that as well. Y’all just need to finish strong and I could see a decent tourney run in your future.

I’ll be interested to see the top 25 tomorrow. Lots of upsets this weekend.

#2 spot is cursed. Or Tennessee just sucks on the road. Possibly a combo of both.

UNC/Duke on Saturday and neither team is ranked. Either way, go Heels. Duke is the fucking worst.

We barely beat auburn in what was one of the most boring game I’ve ever seen. I don’t think Tennessee deserves to be in the top 10 at this point.

But otherwise a good day of hoops. Fuck Kansas, fuck Perdue and fuck Florida. I think Arizona might deserve at least a 2 spot if they continue this ass whipping they’re laying right now.

I’m watching St. Mary’s/Gonzaga. Last year when st Mary’s upset Gonzaga in this gym was my favorite game of the season.

Last edited:
We barely beat auburn in what was one of the most boring game I’ve ever seen. I don’t think Tennessee deserves to be in the top 10 at this point.

But otherwise a good day of hoops. Fuck Kansas, fuck Perdue and fuck Florida. I think Arizona might deserve at least a 2 spot if they continue this ass whipping they’re laying right now.

I’m watching St. Mary’s/Gonzaga. Last year when st Mary’s upset Gonzaga in this gym was my favorite game of the season.

st Mary got 'em again. I watched it too.

what did you think about the foul no call at the end of the Tennessee game ?

Those refs sucked all game, but especially in the last 5 minutes. They missed one on auburn that resulted in them getting the ball back for that last possession with a good amount of time on the clock. That said, I do think it was a foul.

But it was just a shitty game all around. We gave them plenty of opportunities to beat us. Neither team deserved to win that game.

That saint marys game was a lot of fun to watch. Will be interesting to see the poles tomorrow.

Well, mal. It appears that both of our teams are hot garbage.

well, Tennessee just got extremely unlucky on two buzzer beaters. We on the other hand just flat out lose games because our defense sucks. It would be more accurate to say we don't even play defense. And it's weird because that was always our bread and butter. I'm actually kinda glad I won't have to watch them lose to Alcorn State in the First Four game.

We went from #2 in the country to losing to Florida, barely surviving against auburn and then dropping back to back games against two shitty teams. Buzzer beaters or not, there isn’t an excuse for a team with this much talent to lose those games. This is classic Rick Barnes and why Texas got sick of him.

I don’t know, maybe we’ll get hot during the tournament but I highly doubt it.

We went from #2 in the country to losing to Florida, barely surviving against auburn and then dropping back to back games against two shitty teams. Buzzer beaters or not, there isn’t an excuse for a team with this much talent to lose those games. This is classic Rick Barnes and why Texas got sick of him.

I don’t know, maybe we’ll get hot during the tournament but I highly doubt it.

you have a target on your back as a number 1/2 seed ... I think 3 seed is the sweet spot this year. If Tennessee gets that I might pick them...