• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Map of the Day: The High Cost of Vaccine Hysteria

everyone in this thread- stop having bad attitudes about your opinion is the only right one and should be forced on people. vaccines can have side effects including very severe negative ones rarely so its all about patient choice

By agreeing to be part of society you accept that some things must be done for the common good for all. The risks from vaccines while real, are extremely low compared to the risks from diseases that occur without. Growing up my father had three classmates who suffered from polio, I doubt any of us had three class mates with adverse reactions to vaccines.

People have the choice not to be vaccinated but if they choose not do do so they give up the right to come to work or attend schools. By not vaccinating your child you are saying that your child is more important than your neighbours. This is selfish and in fact flies in the face of everyone else's rights and freedom. Individual rights come with responsibilities. You can use the roads but you must follow the road rules. Vaccinations are simply another expected boundary that you must adhere to otherwise society expects you to leave and isolate your potential disease carrying body for the common good of all.

I'm with you MKat. I don't trust vaccines. How could I, with all that shit they reportedly contain? And when you hear stories like this one, you start to understand how people all over the globe might be a little distrustful over the whole thing.

Plus, with pharm companies wanting to chip meds, it's only a matter of time before vaccines have a chip in them as well. Everyone else might be OK with that shit, but I'm not.

If y'all want to protect yourselves against disease by using sketchy vaccines, go for it. Just don't force me to take them! I might reconsider if Polio breaks out again... but for the flu? I'll suffer through the flu naturally, thank you very much :)

Yeah for sure. And not to mention that the only cases of new Polio were actually caused BY the Polio vaccine being given out after Polio had been eradicated.

By agreeing to be part of society you accept that some things must be done for the common good for all. The risks from vaccines while real, are extremely low compared to the risks from diseases that occur without. Growing up my father had three classmates who suffered from polio, I doubt any of us had three class mates with adverse reactions to vaccines.

People have the choice not to be vaccinated but if they choose not do do so they give up the right to come to work or attend schools. By not vaccinating your child you are saying that your child is more important than your neighbours. This is selfish and in fact flies in the face of everyone else's rights and freedom. Individual rights come with responsibilities. You can use the roads but you must follow the road rules. Vaccinations are simply another expected boundary that you must adhere to otherwise society expects you to leave and isolate your potential disease carrying body for the common good of all.

So it is your belief that everyone on the planet should be forced to take these vaccinations without question or be punished with what basically amounts to having all of their rights and privileges stripped from them?

Its people like yourself who are the reason why humanity is heading towards being fully enslaved. 8(

I didn't think that such ignorance could exist on this very board.

12 points right here, with references:

There is a reason the CDC didn’t announce to the American public in 1999 the direct correlation between the amount of mercury in vaccines and the incidence of speech and learning disorders and autism it found in its own in-house study: a conscious, intolerable decision. (1)

There’s a reason Dr. Viera Scheibner’s cotwatch studies, which decades ago found a compelling link between vaccinations given to infants and the incidence of cot death – SIDS – is never mentioned by public health officials: a conscious decision. (2)

There is a reason the CDC never mentions that it was the radical changes they made to the definition and diagnosis of polio, right after the vaccine was introduced, that eliminated most cases of the disease, not the vaccine: a conscious decision to manipulate the public in their vaccine decisions. Nor do they mention that once the vaccine was licensed, the CDC pulled all remaining diagnoses close to the vest, disallowing for automatic inclusion in annual polio statistics cases reported by private medical practices or local public health departments, and declaring that only they, the CDC, after ostensible thorough review and lab analysis, could officially validate a case. (3)

There is a reason that, concomitant with the diagnostic and labeling changes made, a radical change was made as well to the definition of a polio epidemic, from 20 cases in 100,000 to 35, potentially cutting almost in half the likelihood that any subsequent outbreaks would be so labeled – a change that seems totally haphazard, except for the effect of painting polio as somehow and suddenly less severe, or less contagious, or more contained: a conscious decision, to boost the illusion of vaccine effectiveness. (3)

There’s a reason the mainstream media in general will give no meaningful column space to truthful information about vaccine pitfalls and dangers: the conscious decision of the publishers.

There is a reason the vaccine industry does not discuss the fact that for years adjuvants like those used in most vaccines have been injected into lab animals to trigger rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases: a conscious decision to keep the public ignorant of the ethical dilemma of then recommending their use for injection into newborns, infants, and toddlers, as a macabre tradeoff for acute, temporary diseases. This same adjuvantal effect in humans has been established by immunologists, as well. (4) (5)

There is a reason that every doctor or scientist who has ever spoken out publicly against vaccines has been branded a quack, regardless of their unblemished reputation up to that point: a conscious campaign to maintain the myth of vaccine safety, effectiveness and necessity.

There is a reason the AAP over the last three decades has been sliding down the hellhole of castigation of parents who refuse vaccines, initially espousing acceptance, to occasionally endorsing statements labeling such parents as irresponsible and a threat to the vaccinating masses; a reason they provide vaccine refusal documentation for parent’s signature that speaks not a whit to the potentially catastrophic consequences of vaccinating, despite, again, being well aware of the record: a conscious decision.

There’s a reason Dr. Paul Offit personally reviewed and approved for publication on the website of The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia an article on the value of the chicken pox vaccine that states the shot is perfectly safe, despite the post-marketing reports of catastrophic reactions on the vaccine insert, including anaphylactic shock, encephalitis and Guillain-Barre, and the availability of the VAERS record: a conscious decision. (6) (7) (8)

There is a reason that nowhere in the mainstream have we seen mentioned the fact that when the team of doctors at the Royal Free Hospital treated the twelve Lancet kids for their bowel inflammations, their symptoms of autism were greatly alleviated – a dynamic and heartening bit of information that should have been trumpeted in headlines globally: a conscious decision, to support the claim that there is no connection between the novel bowel syndrome described by the team – now corroborated by pediatric gastroenterologist Dr. Arthur Krigsman – and autism. (9) (10)

There is a reason the vaccine industry will not respond to the disclosure that among the 50,000 unvaccinated clients of Homefirst Health Clinic in Chicago, the staff is aware of only a few cases of autism, and virtually no asthma, allergies or diabetes – poignant statistics all, with obvious, staggering implications. In a general population of the same size we’d expect to see 250 or 300 cases of autism or more, and thousands of incidents of the other mentioned autoimmune disorders. (11)

Likewise, there is a reason CDC doctors appear before a Congressional committee on autism ostensibly so ill-prepared to answer direct questions as to be farcical, and in such repeated fashion over the years that, in days of aulde, they’d have been booted out for contempt and tarred and feathered by the thousands of parents who have watched helplessly as their kids took their obvious first steps down the road of developmental regression to ultimate diagnosis of autism, immediately following a round of vaccinations: an obvious, conscious directive to remain obtuse. (12)

And there’s a reason the CDC will never respond to pleas to compare the health of the fully vaccinated against the never vaccinated; that they will claim it unethical to conduct such a study as double-blind, because it will deny the protection of the vaccine to the control group, when the rationale is circular, since it’s the very safety and effectiveness of vaccines at question, and when all that is really necessary is to analyze the available data on the million or more Americans who are not vaccinated at all, out of personal choice: a conscious decision to avoid ferreting out and revealing the truth.

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2013/09/19/disinformed-consent-by-shawn-siegel/

Talk about being ill-informed.

Not to mention that the MMR vaccine talked about in this very thread NO LONGER WORKS!

Virologists Stephen Krahling and Joan Wlochowski describe how Merck had to recertify the mumps component in 2000, to comply with regulatory requirements in order for the mumps component to be included in two new multivalent MMR vaccines. The usual test, which had certified the mumps component’s efficacy in the 60’s, failed when used in 2000. They claim the results were so low Merck decided to change its own test protocol by testing the vaccine against the weakened mumps vaccine virus instead of the wild (naturally circulating) mumps virus which they used in the past.

When that modification didn’t result in the desired 95% efficacy figure, Merck’s executive directors of vaccine research, Drs Alan Shaw and Emilio Emini, instructed Drs David Krah and Mary Yagodich to implement a vast array of modifications to testing procedures, then, allegedly pressured both Krahling and Wlochowski to participate.

http://www.beyondconformity.co.nz/h...suit-against-merck-under-the-false-claims-act

Its pretty clear to me that the vaccine is becoming ineffective which is why people are getting sick. The article makes no mention as to how many of those patients actually got their MMR. Here in the US, you can't attend school without having your MMR. So why do we have cases of it popping up anyway? Because the vaccine is now ineffective.

Every child in the US is forced to have their DTaP, MMR, Hep B, Polio, and Varicella vaccine before they can go to a public school (Kindergarten on up).

Last edited:
All their rights? Personal rights are not a bubble around the individual, they are the freedom for us all to live without disease.

I'm sure the 20million people who were killed by the Spanish Flu in 1918-20 feel real bad that you get run down for a week or two after your vaccine. Wait, of course they don't, they would simply tell you to suck it up for the common good of society and stop being such a selfish child.

This is a real war we have to fight against a group of viruses with serious consequences for the human race. Our foe is cunning and adaptive and it is a matter of time before it mutates to something very dangerous. You only have to look at our success with small pox, polio and yellow fever to see vaccines are one of our greatest weapons. Sure their will always be unfortunate casualties in any war but that's what living in a community requires. Otherwise why have morals, empathy or manners, after all they surely hamper every one's personal freedoms just the same?

You speak of humanity when what you really want is to be selfish.

All their rights? Personal rights are not a bubble around the individual, they are the freedom for us all to live without disease.

I'm sure the 20million people who were killed by the Spanish Flu in 1918-20 feel real bad that you get run down for a week or two after your vaccine. Wait, of course they don't, they would simply tell you to suck it up for the common good of society and stop being such a selfish child.

This is a real war we have to fight against a group of viruses with serious consequences for the human race. Our foe is cunning and adaptive and it is a matter of time before it mutates to something very dangerous. You only have to look at our success with small pox, polio and yellow fever to see vaccines are one of our greatest weapons. Sure their will always be unfortunate casualties in any war but that's what living in a community requires. Otherwise why have morals, empathy or manners, after all they surely hamper every one's personal freedoms just the same?

You speak of humanity when what you really want is to be selfish.

Obviously you did not bother to read anything about what I posted above, particularly about the MMR vaccine failing (even The Guardian reports on it: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/jul/04/rise-mumps-waning-immunity-mmr-vaccine) nor did you bother to read that the CDC changed the definition of Polio right when the vaccine came out or anything else. This tells me that you are only interested in arguing that you're right without any factual and current data to back up your claims.

If you are barring people from working or going to school, you are taking away any chance that person has at a life. You might as well throw them in jail - oh wait, you'd be afraid that they would spread disease or you probably would.

People like you make me sick. I bet you're always going around with your antibacterial soaps and sanitizers thinking that you are actually doing the world a favor when in fact you're contributing to the development of superbugs and MORE disease!

People get sick! We're not immortal and we aren't meant to be immortal. There is no freedom, implied or otherwise, from disease. I think that this world we live in has made that message loud and clear with MRSA, MERS-Corona, and even things like Ebola which still haven't been traced to their origins.

If you want to live in a bubble, by all means, feel free. But I'm not going to be forced to live in a bubble because someone thinks that I (who rarely gets so much as a cold) refuse to get stuck with a poison.

I don't use antibacterial anything, I don't use hand sanitizer, I don't use Lysol or 409 and I don't get vaccines... yet I'm never sick. And the people that I know who are like me - guess what - they never get sick either.

I go to the doctor once a year for a physical examination. I can't remember the last time I went to the doctor because I was sick. I see my psychiatrist and a therapist often but I don't even have a primary care doctor right now and haven't for years because there is no need.

I worked in aged care and disability care for a while and when I started they told me I had to get a flu shot and a few other shots, it was essential to work there and they paid for it (I cant even recall what the other ones were now, there was 3 of them I think)..

Anyway I started work and all was going well, it was very busy, I had to deal with some serious sick people all the time, but I thought I'd be fine as I am hardly ever sick, and I was going to get the vaccinations as I had to for when I was reviewed and if I didnt have them I might be out of a job. Anyway time just went on and I didnt get around to getting the shots, silly me, I think it was after 2 months or so of working there when I was taking this disabled chick out for a walk on the foreshore and she had a constant dripping nose and was coughing up serious yucky stuff, I tried my best to get her to wipe her nose with tissues but a few times I noticed she'd wipe it with the back of her hand. It was disgusting and I had to walk her across the road at the lights and hold her hand. And there were various other really sick people I was working with. But I think I got it from her. Long story, but basically I got a cold shortly after and it turned into some serious flu shit and I got bronchitis and was off work for 8 or 9 days, I was so weak and fucked it was horrible. Work got up me for not having the required shots so this wouldnt have happened. I had to wait quite a bit even after I was better from the anti biotics till I was allowed to get the shots.

I ended up getting the shots. I didnt get sick again. I get the flu shot every year and havent been sick since, 3 years later. I have also never been sick from the shots. My doctor said he has them and rekons it's a good idea everyone has them.

Thats my story. If I had a kid, I would definitely be getting them vaccinated for those highly contagious diseases.

you are taking away any chance that person has at a life

No, inflicting a disease that kills someone else is taking away their life.

Vaccines are not antibacterial. They do not work by directly killing bacteria, instead they prime a persons immune system to recognize and then fight invading viruses.

But by all means continue to school me.....

Pretty sure 23536 was talking in jest. The issue isn't about denying people consent, it's about informing them of the balance of risk. Of course patients should have the power of consent but it should also be an *informed* consent.

I was serious! Unless you have an autoimmune disorder or are a Christian scientist or something. Vaccines or Mali: decide now.

No, inflicting a disease that kills someone else is taking away their life.

Vaccines are not antibacterial. They do not work by directly killing bacteria, instead they prime a persons immune system to recognize and then fight invading viruses.

But by all means continue to school me.....

You're trying to get a rise out of me and I'm not going to allow myself to be manipulated into getting into a pointless debate, especially since all you want to do is argue and you don't care to talk about actual facts.

You keep believing what you believe and I'll keep believing what I believe. What I'm doing now obviously works as I'm around sick people often and I never get sick so I'll keep on the same path I'm on now. I'm fortunate that if my state starts trying to enforce mass vaccinations, there will be a huge public backlash so I never need to worry about this. Peace.

You're trying to get a rise out of me and I'm not going to allow myself to be manipulated into getting into a pointless debate

Yes, god forbid you be "manipulated" by evidence and facts. Much better to just shut down and refuse to acknowledge anything that might upset your strongly held beliefs.

Yeah for sure. And not to mention that the only cases of new Polio were actually caused BY the Polio vaccine being given out after Polio had been eradicated..
utter nonsense and please dont give me some more anti vaccination propaganda... sorry but polio was not eradicated and still isn't because not everyone got vaccinated. polio still has strongholds in humans on earth.. afghanistan and struggling places are places were the virus is alive and kicking.

Can't believe people are still rolling out the crap from Andrew Wakefield about autism - I honestly don't know how anyone could be proven any more wrong and fraudulent than he has. Yet, people like MagicalKat uncritically swallow everything they are fed from an article because it has "references" - doesn't matter that the references are complete bunkum, it has footnotes it *must* be gospel truth.

Here, MagicalKat, have a read of this - engage yourself critically with the sources of information you are regurgitating without question:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield#Fraud_and_conflict_of_interest_allegations

NSFW:
In February 2009, The Sunday Times reported that a further investigation by the newspaper had revealed that Wakefield "changed and misreported results in his research, creating the appearance of a possible link with autism",[88] citing evidence obtained by the newspaper from medical records and interviews with witnesses, and supported by evidence presented to the GMC.

In April 2010, Deer expanded on laboratory aspects of his findings in a report in the BMJ, recounting how normal clinical histopathology results (obtained from the Royal Free hospital) had been subjected to wholesale changes, from normal to abnormal, in the medical school and published in The Lancet.[89] On 2 January 2011, Deer provided two tables comparing the data on the twelve children, showing the original hospital data and the data with the wholesale changes as used in the 1998 The Lancet article.[90]
On 5 January 2011, BMJ published an article by Brian Deer entitled "How the case against the MMR vaccine was fixed".[91] Deer, funded by The Sunday Times of London and Channel 4 television network, said that, based on examination of the medical records of the 12 children in the original study, his research had found:[91]

"The paper in The Lancet was a case series of 12 child patients; it reported a proposed “new syndrome” of enterocolitis and regressive autism and associated this with MMR as an “apparent precipitating event.” But in fact:

"Three of nine children reported with regressive autism did not have autism diagnosed at all. Only one child clearly had regressive autism;
"Despite the paper claiming that all 12 children were “previously normal,” five had documented pre-existing developmental concerns;
"Some children were reported to have experienced first behavioural symptoms within days of MMR, but the records documented these as starting some months after vaccination;
"In nine cases, unremarkable colonic histopathology results—noting no or minimal fluctuations in inflammatory cell populations—were changed after a medical school “research review” to “non-specific colitis”;

"The parents of eight children were reported as blaming MMR, but 11 families made this allegation at the hospital. The exclusion of three allegations—all giving times to onset of problems in months—helped to create the appearance of a 14 day temporal link;

"Patients were recruited through anti-MMR campaigners, and the study was commissioned and funded for planned litigation."[91]

In an accompanying editorial, BMJ editors said:

Clear evidence of falsification of data should now close the door on this damaging vaccine scare ... Who perpetrated this fraud? There is no doubt that it was Wakefield. Is it possible that he was wrong, but not dishonest: that he was so incompetent that he was unable to fairly describe the project, or to report even one of the 12 children's cases accurately? No. A great deal of thought and effort must have gone into drafting the paper to achieve the results he wanted: the discrepancies all led in one direction; misreporting was gross. Moreover, although the scale of the GMC's 217 day hearing precluded additional charges focused directly on the fraud, the panel found him guilty of dishonesty concerning the study's admissions criteria, its funding by the Legal Aid Board, and his statements about it afterwards.[1]

In a BMJ follow-up article on 11 January 2011,[18] Deer said that based upon documents he obtained under Freedom of information legislation,[92] Wakefield—in partnership with the father of one of the boys in the study—had planned to launch a venture on the back of an MMR vaccination scare that would profit from new medical tests and "litigation driven testing".[19][64] The Washington Post reported that Deer said that Wakefield predicted he "could make more than $43 million a year from diagnostic kits" for the new condition, autistic enterocolitis.[92] According to Deer's report in BMJ, the ventures, Immunospecifics Biotechnologies Ltd and Carmel Healthcare Ltd—named after Wakefield’s wife—failed after Wakefield's superiors at University College London's medical school gave him a two-page letter that said:

"We remain concerned about a possible serious conflict of interest between your academic employment by UCL, and your involvement with Carmel ... This concern arose originally because the company's business plan appears to depend on premature, scientifically unjustified publication of results, which do not conform to the rigorous academic and scientific standards that are generally expected."[18]

WebMD reported on Deer's BMJ report, saying that the $43 million predicted yearly profits would come from marketing kits for "diagnosing patients with autism" and that "the initial market for the diagnostic will be litigation-driven testing of patients with AE [autistic enterocolitis, an unproven condition concocted by Wakefield] from both the UK and the US".[93] According to WebMD, the BMJ article also claimed that Carmel Healthcare Ltd would succeed in marketing products and developing a replacement vaccine if "public confidence in the MMR vaccine was damaged".[93]

In October 2012, research published in PNAS, the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, identified Wakefield's 1998 paper as the most cited retracted scientific paper, with 758 citations, and gave the "reason for retraction" as "fraud".[2]

Journal retractions[edit]

On 2 February 2010, The Lancet formally retracted Wakefield's 1998 paper.[94][95] The retraction states that "the claims in the original paper that children were 'consecutively referred' and that investigations were 'approved' by the local ethics committee have been proven to be false".[13]

The following day the editor of a specialist journal, Neurotoxicology, withdrew another Wakefield paper that was in press. The article, which concerned research on monkeys, had already been published online and sought to implicate vaccines in autism.[96]

In May 2010, The American Journal of Gastroenterology retracted a paper of Wakefield's that used data from the 12 patients of the article in The Lancet.[97]
On 5 January 2011, BMJ editors recommended that Wakefield's other publications should be scrutinized and retracted if need be.[44]

You're trying to get a rise out of me and I'm not going to allow myself to be manipulated into getting into a pointless debate, especially since all you want to do is argue and you don't care to talk about actual facts.

You keep believing what you believe and I'll keep believing what I believe. What I'm doing now obviously works as I'm around sick people often and I never get sick so I'll keep on the same path I'm on now. I'm fortunate that if my state starts trying to enforce mass vaccinations, there will be a huge public backlash so I never need to worry about this. Peace.

You mean your facts that antibacterials are used to kill viruses? Or that polio has been eradicated?

Penn and Teller on Vaccinations

[video=youtube_share;RfdZTZQvuCo]http://youtu.be/RfdZTZQvuCo[/video]

Polio underscores the need for a change in the way we look at so-called “vaccine preventable” diseases as a whole. In most people with a healthy immune system, a poliovirus infection does not even generate symptoms. Only rarely does the infection produce minor symptoms, e.g. sore throat, fever, gastrointestinal disturbances, and influenza-like illness. In only 3% of infections does virus gain entry to the central nervous system, and then, in only 1-5 in 1000 cases does the infection progress to paralytic disease.

Due to the fact that polio spreads through the fecal-oral route (i.e. the virus is transmitted from the stool of an infected person to the mouth of another person through a contaminated object, e.g. utensil) focusing on hygiene, sanitation and proper nutrition (to support innate immunity) is a logical way to prevent transmission in the first place, as well as reducing morbidity associated with an infection when it does occur.

http://www.infowars.com/polio-vaccines-now-the-1-cause-of-polio-paralysis/

Here the WHO even admits that Polio vaccines can cause Polio and then turns around and says that the solution is not to stop using the vaccine, but rather to vaccinate even more people!

Oral polio vaccine (OPV) contains an attenuated (weakened) vaccine-virus, activating an immune response in the body. When a child is immunized with OPV, the weakened vaccine-virus replicates in the intestine for a limited period, thereby developing immunity by building up antibodies. During this time, the vaccine-virus is also excreted. In areas of inadequate sanitation, this excreted vaccine-virus can spread in the immediate community (and this can offer protection to other children through ‘passive’ immunization), before eventually dying out.

On rare occasions, if a population is seriously under-immunized, an excreted vaccine-virus can continue to circulate for an extended period of time. The longer it is allowed to survive, the more genetic changes it undergoes. In very rare instances, the vaccine-virus can genetically change into a form that can paralyse – this is what is known as a circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus (cVDPV).

It takes a long time for a cVDPV to occur. Generally, the strain will have been allowed to circulate in an un- or under-immunized population for a period of at least 12 months. Circulating VDPVs occur when routine or supplementary immunization activities (SIAs) are poorly conducted and a population is left susceptible to poliovirus, whether from vaccine-derived or wild poliovirus. Hence, the problem is not with the vaccine itself, but low vaccination coverage. If a population is fully immunized, they will be protected against both vaccine-derived and wild polioviruses.

http://www.who.int/features/qa/64/en/

So ... the solution to a virus which was introduced by a vaccine... that somehow managed to mutate into a more dangerous poliovirus... is to give that same vaccine to everyone.

Flawed logic much?

There is so much out there about the truth. The CDC even had a polio vaccine page up but of course that is now gone.

Then there's this

The Oral Polio Vaccines were given to Indian children. The CDC dropped the OPV from its vaccine schedule in the US because it was causing polio.

“In 1976, Dr. Jonas Salk, creator of the killed-virus vaccine used in the 1950s, testified that the live-virus vaccine (used almost exclusively in the U.S. from the early 1960s to 2000) was the ‘principal if not sole cause’ of all reported polio cases in the U.S. since 1961 [44]. (The virus remains in the throat for one to two weeks and in the feces for up to two months. Thus, vaccine recipients are at risk, and can potentially spread the disease, as long as fecal excretion of the virus continues [45].) In 1992, the Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published an admission that the live-virus vaccine had become the dominant cause of polio in the United States [36]. In fact, according to CDC figures, every case of polio in the U.S. since 1979 was caused by the oral polio vaccine [36]. Authorities claim the vaccine was responsible for about eight cases of polio every year [46]. However, an independent study that analyzed the government’s own vaccine database during a recent period of less than five years uncovered 13,641 reports of adverse events following use of the oral polio vaccine. These reports included 6,364 emergency room visits and 540 deaths (Figure 3) [47,48]. Public outrage at these tragedies became the impetus for removing the oral polio vaccine from immunization schedules [36:568;37;38].”

http://nsnbc.me/2013/05/08/bill-gates-polio-vaccine-program-caused-47500-cases-of-paralysis-death/

I love how the CDC admits that every new case in the US since 1961 was most likely caused by the virus being shed from the vaccine. That tells me that the virus was eradicated in the US and was only sticking around because of the vaccine.

And all of this from a virus that is passed fecal to oral transmission. And from a virus that was not likely to make healthy people sick. And from a virus that was not likely to enter the central nervous system if you were infected. And to top it all off, this virus WAS LIKELY WIPED OUT IN DEVELOPED NATIONS BY CHANGES IN HYGIENE AND SANITATION, NOT A VACCINE ANYWAY!

Here's something interesting... Some nice graphs and all.

http://www.medicinekillsmillions.com/articles/truth-about-decline-of-the-infectious-diseases.html

http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/graphs/

Its actually quite interesting to see that in all cases, these diseases were already on the decline when their vaccines came about. Not to mention the graphs where deaths still declined when there was no widespread vaccination in a country.

Last edited:
http://www.infowars.com/polio-vaccines-now-the-1-cause-of-polio-paralysis/

Here the WHO even admits that Polio vaccines can cause Polio and then turns around and says that the solution is not to stop using the vaccine, but rather to vaccinate even more people!

Why do you believe that infowars.com is a legitimate source of expert opinion?

This, inevitably, is going to be the root cause of your anti-vax hysteria - the inability to properly asses what constitutes expert opinion.

The CDC even had a polio vaccine page up but of course that is now gone

Oh, but of course, the CDC are clearly in on "it"

Flawed logic much?

Yes, crazy man on the internet, you and your awesome powers of logic and deduction has single-handedly overturned over 200 years of immunology science - you're a genius.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

Last edited:
And all of this from a virus that is passed fecal to oral transmission. And from a virus that was not likely to make healthy people sick. And from a virus that was not likely to enter the central nervous system if you were infected. And to top it all off, this virus WAS LIKELY WIPED OUT IN DEVELOPED NATIONS BY CHANGES IN HYGIENE AND SANITATION, NOT A VACCINE ANYWAY!

Your liberal use of bold and bold underlining and THE WAY YOU SHRIEK AT PEOPLE IN CAPS really gives you the air of a dispassionate and thoughtful person who has thought deeply calmly about this issue. Kudos!

I come from a developed country and I can assure you that the rates of polio in the 1950's were not reduced by sanitation. Are you saying the same reasons small pox and yellow fever infections have fallen are not due to vaccines either? What about Hepititis A and B?

By agreeing to be part of society you accept that some things must be done for the common good for all. The risks from vaccines while real, are extremely low compared to the risks from diseases that occur without.
This is spot on.. if we reach a certain percentage of the population which is immunized then the threat of the virus being able to spread quickly and devastatingly destroy. But MK77 your ability to live disease free has been made possible buy the people who have taken the small risk and have gotten immunized. So although you are making a choice that is the safest choice for you individually, your safety was earned by the people who chose to take the small risk and be inoculated and thus have made it possible to contain the diseases preventing their easy dispersal. Just a heads up incase you were thinking your somehow automatically immune to all these diseases. Also since I think polio has a secure safe nome in primates then I'm not sure we will ever be able to eradicate it so I would at least not count on that one going away.

Advancing, Drop By Drop, In Polio's Last Strongholds Though The Virus Is But A Painful Memory In The U.s., It Still Cripples Children Abroad.