View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MANY Shrooms Questions!

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
So, a little intro you say? Well I have done LSD (untested) around 10 times and DMT 3 times. These are the only Psychedelics I'm experienced with. I took LSD and DMT last weekend on Sunday night into Monday morning (I mentioned this for tolerance reasons)

This weekend, on Friday, I will be embarking on my first mushrooms adventure. I'm hella excited. We're going to a house in the forest to spend a night. I was a little scared at first cuz I live in a country with a high murder rate and tripping in the middle of nowhere first time on shrooms just didn't float my boat. I decided to grow a pair and just go cuz it makes no sense living in fear, though I was studying my trip and the fear.

Anyway, it'll be an 1/8th and I'm currently deciding how to administer it. I have read up on the Lemon Tek, Shroom Tea and just straight up eating the stuff. From what I've read on the Lemon Tek it seems to not be as effective as everyone claims but it does speed up the come-up and make it smoother with a shorter overall duration. I do not wish for my duration to be shortened too much. My experienced friend said that the Lemon Tek does speed up the trip but is overall a waste. He prefers the Tea method but I'll be dealing with local mushrooms (cubes) that aren't gonna be too potent so I rather not risk destroying the Psilocybin.

So I think eating it should be my way to go. Anybody experienced with the Shroom Tea can you gimme some advice on it's duration and intensity? My friend said it makes the trip 2-4hrs. because I'll be tripping with others I don't wanna come-down too quick.

Also, because of my recent trip and the given low potency of the shrooms, would 5grams or 7grams be better for a full-blown trip? My friend who is quite experienced with these mushrooms recommended a quarter but I questioned that. Tbh I'm fed up of taking low doses of psychedelics. They're like the same thing for me. LSD 1 tab trips are all just the same. The one time I fully enjoyed an LSD trip was on 2 tabs where the mind-bend was so fucking real. I ended up talking to myself and shit. I like a full mind trip with obvious visuals like that trip. I know shrooms can be more visual but I'm not going all the way up in the bush to have to settle for a mediocre trip. Also trying to jump higher than the possible Tryptamine cross tolerance.

I will have some benzos and "Gold-Bars". Supposed to be MDMA but it's not tested and I wont be taking that on my first shroom trip. Maybe next trip I'll Hippie Flip.

I can post a pic of them, they're quite dark in colour.

Anyway, full stomach? Tea? 5grams?
I'm going for a serious mind journey here guys. And If I get the fear I'd just swallow some bennies but I have been able to handle myself on difficult mind-trips in the past with breathing techniques and the understanding that what I'm experiencing is all due to the drug.

Just eat them instead of making tea. They don't taste that bad. They taste like raw potatoes. Don't eat them on a full stomach, and stop eating for at least 3-4 hours before you eat them. 5 grams is way too much for your first time. You said you have an 8th or 3.5g so just split that with your friend and eat 1.5g each. Or if you somehow get more mushrooms don't eat more than 2.0g your first time since you've taken LSD before. Hope this helps.

Please write up a trip report and update this thread after you eat them.

Shrooms are not to be underestimated. The difference between 3.5 grams and 7 grams is more than twice as much (even though that doesn't make sense)...and 3.5 grams is a lot. I like 2 grams but if you insist on taking an 1/8th then go for it I guess. I still recommend a half 1/8th-2 grams like the above guy said.

They don't taste too bad, it's an acquired taste, but my favorite way to consume mushrooms is by making a chocolate/peanut butter/cookie melted mix (make sure to wait for it to cool down) and then add shroom in powder form. When you eat it you will think you're in heaven (at least I did). Thanks and GL.

Or just eat em raw or make shroom tea I guess.

If it's your first time with mushrooms, I'd go with maybe 3 grams. Shrooms bought off the street are much much weaker than home grown, as the ones I grow are potent enough to take at like 1.5 grams and have a very intense trip. The best way to take them I find is to mix them with orange juice in a blender with some frozen fruit and make a smoothie. As for the comparison of LSD and shrooms; shrooms are much more mental I find and non-malleable whereas LSD is much longer of a trip and less taxing mentally.

I am brand new to this forum(literally 1st post) but have lots of experience with both LSD and mushrooms. Don't go less than 2 grams IMO especially if you've already tried LSD. Mushrooms only last about 3-6 hours(depending on dosage), but are very strong and not to be underestimated as stated above. Just eat them raw on an empty stomach, layback with some good music and brace for a delightful impact :). I hope you have a great time!

id go for an eighth since you're already experienced

but shrooms are way less visual than acid and much more mindfuckey

- Just eat the mushrooms. They taste bad but you're not eating them for the exquisite flavor, you're eating them to get high. I repeat: eat them.

- Drugs, as a general rule, should always be taken on an empty stomach if one wants to get the most out of a high. The first time I took mushrooms my full stomach became an empty stomach anyway, as I puked everywhere. I was high as fuck though and it actually felt amazing lol

- An eighth of an ounce is a good starting dose for mushrooms IMO. Some people might advocate for a lower starting dose for a complete newcomer, like only a couple grams or so, but I say fuck it, 3.5 grams should be more than enough to punch your ticket with just about any kind of psilocybin mushroom.

Less visual? I thought shrooms was more visual and less mindfuck than LSD??

Everyone's different.

I found both LSD and mushrooms at all dosages low, moderate, and high to be very visual for me.

I'm not sure what you mean by "mindfuck" do you mean confusing? If you take enough of either drug things may get funny, or confusing; but just go with it.

But I know other people who have taken a high dose of LSD or a moderate dose of mushrooms and they did not see any sort of visuals, and the LSD and mushrooms were not fake and other people who they were with who also took the same LSD or mushrooms saw visuals and tripped.

I also know someone who took a standard dose of Ayahuasca but didn't trip or see visuals but he said how it was as though he had telepathy or could read other people's thoughts when he was in the Ayahuasca ceremony with other people who took the drug mixture.

For me both are quite visual, although LSD takes you to a deeper level/dimension.. Scary sometimes for real!
I personally don't like to lose myself, unless we're camping further away from civilization.. Lol

Considering you have some experience with LSD & have even smoked DMT, and have the desire for an intense trip, I'd say anything less than an 8th would be a waste of time. If an 8th isn't as strong as you want try 5 grams next time, personally most mushrooms I wont be satisfied with an 8th & want more like 5 grams. 5 days should be enough for tolerance to be almost baseline once, but if you trip that often continuously you will develop quite the tolerance!

In my experience I'd say LSD has stronger/more visuals than mushrooms at trips of roughly equal strength, however the visuals I do get from mushrooms are darker & more likely to warp the form of things, or be things you really can't explain. As well, intense doses of mushrooms give me the same visuals I had the first several times I smoked DMT (also happens with 4-AcO-DMT), just had that happen on a heavy shroom trip a few days ago.

Mushrooms are also a less controllable, less "recreational" trip than LSD, so keep this in mind when dosing. When I do mushrooms now I always make them into tea, first several times I didn't mind eating them but then it got too gross...once I'm already tripping it's pretty easy to munch down some more however.

I like to mix them with dark chocolate, cocoa nibs and lots of red hot chilis. I would make pieces of chocolate that contained a gram of shredded mushrooms each and munch a couple away on an evening stroll. Really tasty, really handy for dosing and storage (freezer) and the cocoa and chilis synergize especially nicely with the mushrooms (IMO).

I took about a half eighth this past weekend haven't had tripped in years and it was enough for me. No really big hallucinations just some end trails and colors morphing together. To me the main effect was the way it changed my thinking process.

LOL go take half a milligram of LSD and get back to me on that. I used to think that too until I started taking high doses of it. The mindfuck on acid is second to none (as are the visuals) and it's stimulating as holy hell. It works as a dopamine agonist as well as a serotonin agonist, which makes it extremely manic in high doses.

Some people don't tolerate shrooms as well as LSD, that's for sure. If you've never done mushrooms don't jump right into the deep end, 'cause you might just freak out...

I'd stick with 1/8 or under.

I started off by getting a little drunk to kill any anxiety. After that I probably ate an 8th and went from there. If after 30 minutes I felt okay still I ate more. This went on until I was fusing with trees and my friend was turning into a train.

I think it depends on the person for sure, but if you're still happy, and you want to go further, I believe you can ease your way into a more intense experience.

That's probably horrible advise, because I know people can go from good to bad on a trip pretty fast. That's just how things were for me. As long as I grounded myself to reality by saying "None of this is real, I'm having a good time" I feel like I can stay positive. Because I'll be honest. I saw some freaky shit. I saw a witch with rotting skin, and spiders on my skin and all kinds of screwed up stuff. But I mentally knew it wasn't real, so I laughed and had a blast.

^^^Why would that be horrible advice? There are no dangerous interactions between alcohol and psychedelic drugs. I always drink a beer or two when I trip... a little booze synergizes very nicely with psychedelics and helps with the anxiety and some of the physical side effects (such as tremors and fucked up thermoregulation).

Lol very true. On my 2 tab acid trip I necked prob the fattest cup of vodka I've ever drank. Alcohol is one of the best things to mix with a lot of intense drugs. Just the act of sitting and drinking or having a cigarette is calming.

Bad news though guys, the shrooms link failed out but i'll definitely refer to this thread in the future when it comes my way.

Going to smoke DMT and then take a gold bar (MDMA) after. Haven't rolled in really long and I think it'll be a perfect head to sit and reflect on the DMT trip. I'm usually so speechless after my DMT trips. I was thinking of taking the pill and then smoking the DMT.

I'll see how it goes but from my experience I much prefer MDMA in a relaxed setting. However this pill is not tested but has a good report on Pillreports and my friends have all gotten immense euphoria from it and cannot even handle a whole one.

Supposedly a high dose of MDMA in it. Meh fuck it, I haven't rolled in a year and I kinda wanna sit and ponder love and empathy.

While not my style anymore, a couple of beers before or during the experience won't hurt.

Just don't eat mushrooms when you're already really drunk, I made that mistake once and I was told afterwards that it wasn't pretty. (I have no memory at all of the experience, it was one of the stupidest and most depressing things I ever did drug-wise, also it was really disrespectful towards the mushroom.)

Alright my good sirs, the time has finally come. They're here!! :D

It's a big pic
NSFW:
Oh5wIup.jpg

I'm going to start by eating 2 grams whole to experience the raw experience without dodging the nausea etc by grinding etc..

2 grams tonight and then I'm gonna trip properly on the weekend.
Because of this 2gram tolerance I was thinking of dosing a quarter when I'm looking to properly trip. By trip properly I mean with friends and a higher dose.
That or combining w ~350mg Robo syrup. I'm just studying the dosage timing for that and what the best way to avoid nausea is?

Will DPH help? How bout some pepto? Or even simply grinding em up and placing in capsules?

Recommended doses are all welcomed.