• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Manchester

yes. don't go near the printworks.

other than that, this thread is making me doubt about half my life. i'm fairly sure i both grew up close to manc and lived centrally for a year, but i know none of these places. i knew people from droylsden, dukinfield, ashton etc so right side of manc. the only rational conclusion for not knowing half the places you're going on about is that i've fabricated the entire thing.

Theres not many places I really go out to in manchester really, its either sankeys or warehouse project, or if im drinking I just go to a local pub near me or something or a party not many other places I can really think of in manchester central which appeal to me

i knew people from droylsden, dukinfield, ashton etc so right side of manc.

Droylsden is right next to Clayton and Openshaw. Ashton is up the road from all three (Ashton Old Road, Openshaw; Ashton New Road, Clayton etc). Ashton's a Lancastrian mill town though, so a million miles away from Manchester culturally, if not geographically.

Between Droylsden and Ashton is 'The Snipe'. Anyone from the other side of The Snipe is a 'yonner' and not a Manc. The accent changes markedly at that point too, though it's not so apparent nowadays.

The less said about Dukinfield the better, as that really is t'hills. :)

Kinda on topic, so forgive me.

As for the city centre, it is indeed limited if 'proper' clubbing's your thing (which for me it ain't). I've done the Sankeys bit, but it's always too full of heavies for my liking.

haha so if ashton's a million miles away culturally, where are all those places south of the ship canal? france?

Avoid the Deansgate / Castlefield locks area though - overrun by Ben-Sherman wearing, aggro-seeking incomers from the towns up in t'hills. Places like Rochdale, for example... ;)
Fuck you, you shit cunt. ;) You're right, though - Rochdale is full of those types. I'm not one of them, however. I'm lovely. You fat, ham radio obsessed, motherfucking shit stain, on the underwear of life. :D

Nobody's ever going to believe that pic isn't me until I post a real one, are they?

Nearly did t'other night whilst fucked. I only have one to hand, see, and I'm on stage, topless, mashed on methylone and being checked out by nobody except the photographer. Glad I didn't do that... :)

Yeah, there are sound people in Rochdale, I'll admit. Usually barricade 'emselves inside their homes for the reasons alluded to above though.

The Hippodrome in Middleton in the early '90s used to be full of those Rochdale folk.
I went to some very strange partys afterwards in those neck of the woods.Friendly folk though even without the pills. I always used to gauge the type of people by how they were coming down rather on their way up.
Don't know what it's like these days though I only get to Old Trafford these days when i travel north of Stockport

West didsbury's one of the nicest places I've ever lived.. Not much exciting going on really though.

The Hippodrome in Middleton in the early '90s used to be full of those Rochdale folk.
I went to some very strange partys afterwards in those neck of the woods.Friendly folk though even without the pills. I always used to gauge the type of people by how they were coming down rather on their way up.
Don't know what it's like these days though I only get to Old Trafford these days when i travel north of Stockport

The hippodrome's gone and been replaced by midd arena now, a massive gym/swimming pool thing now. Where the Market used to be is gone now and houses a 24 hour tesco

It's all about the other side of Christie hospital, folks.

We even have a Sam Smith's pub that scares students.

The Turnpike? That place stinks of piss and is full of tight bastards! My gf collects for marie curie, when she went to get the box from there a couple of weeks ago (it has been there for about a year) it has 43p in it! Either that or someone is a filthy charity robbing cunt.

I go to the turnpike quite alot ha ha, it's really close to where I live can't really argue with £1.46 a pints.. spending most of my time in York you get too used to Sam Smiths. I've never found it anti-student atall , there's much more unfriendly looking pubs around withington..

Admitadly though the Turnpike does look like a public toilet from the outside.

Is the beer keller still open in Withington?

I've lived in Wivvy on and off for ten years, but don't remember a beer keller.

I think I know where it could've been though; it's now a bar called Indigo, which is located (believe it or not) in a cellar. I pop in there from time-to-time, mainly because it's the only place you can get a Chimay blue in the locality.

The Turnpike is great! I know loads of people who are scared of it though, based solely on the exterior (which does indeed look like a cross between a public convenience and a working men's club).

They're planning to revamp the exterior in order to cash in on the real ale boom and attract a wider clientele. Which could be a very sad thing indeed. As for more unfriendly-looking pubs, you wouldn't happen to mean the Orion or the Albert, would you?

Small city, small world, eh? Shout-outs to my M20 Crew. ;)