View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man downs 22 drinks in 13 secs

poledriver

Bluelighter
Man downs 22 drinks in 13 secs

698954-bdfcbefa-348f-11e4-a5a3-257a79d5c9ca.jpg

A MAN who was filmed knocking back a full bottle of Jack Daniels in just 13 seconds, has copped worldwide criticism and revealed why he regrets the dangerous stunt.

A MAN who knocked back a full bottle of Jack Daniels in 13 seconds in a video has said it was “stupid” and regrets it.
Will Williams posted the video on his YouTube page after the reckless stunt was filmed by a group of friends.
The clip, which has had more than 400,000 views, shows Mr Williams biting the seal off the 700ml bottle of 40 per cent proof Jack Daniels bourbon.
A 700ml bottle of Jack Daniels contain 22 standard drinks.
After completing the stunt you can hear him saying “Neknominate that”, in reference to the controversial online drinking game.

“It was something that I did jokingly and regret deeply. Straight away, I knew it was a stupid thing to have done,” he told UK’s Daily Post.
“I was on a stag-do at the time, one thing led to another and things got out of hand.
“I wasn’t dared and I wouldn’t want anybody to do the same thing after seeing me do it.
“It was a dangerous thing to do, I know that now and I’d never do it again.
“After I finished, I jokingly said ‘necknominate that’ but I absolutely didn’t mean it and didn’t nominate anybody.

“When I posted the video, I only expected friends to view it really.
“I didn’t realise that it would go UK wide and eventually worldwide, I’ve had messages from people all over the world since.”
Some viewers described Mr Williams as “hot” and “gorgeous” with one telling him he deserved “big respect”.
Others were appalled at his behaviour.

Continued with link to the video -

http://www.news.com.au/technology/o...-for-video-stunt/story-fnjwnhzf-1227048700064

shoenice slammed a 700ml bottle of 190 proof everclear (85% alcohol) in 12 seconds, so in reality this guy is a pussy

proof

When I was 16, I had never been drunk, so I decided to experience it.
I slammed 14 oz. of tequila in about 10 seconds, and spent the next 6 hours crawling around and vomiting in a haze.
Lucky I didn't die.

wow... you must be someone who jumps into the deep end of things. i get a gag reflex from the smell of spirits, and theres a good chance i might vomit some back up after 1-2 shots

^ Definitely jump into the deep end, suddenly (or at least I used to).
I quickly learned, though, and since then I drink no more than about 4 drinks in an evening, except for once every year or so.

neknominate is natural selection taking its course, i agree the jack daniels sculler is an idiot, but shoenice has some good values and ideals imo (check out the documentary vice did on him)
Not sure if you are joking, but I don't think this has anything to do with 'natural selection' at all...
More like devolution if you ask me. Western civilisation in steep decline ;)

I slammed 14 oz. of tequila in about 10 seconds, and spent the next 6 hours crawling around and vomiting in a haze.
Lucky I didn't die.
Pardon my ignorance of imperial measurements - but roughly how much is 14 oz?
I did something really similar at 13. I knew nothing of alcohol's strength, and drank 10 shots (~300mL) of whiskey one after the other.
Id not developed a gag reflex for alcohol yet, as my body did not recognise it as a poison....until later that day.
I didnt drink for another 5 years (when I hit legal drinking age, and suddenly had legal access to a drug!
It was a horrendous experience - it all kicked in at once, and actually gave me something akin to a "rush" (I actually felt like I was in a jet going very, very fast. It was very unpleasant).

Somehow I played if cool in front of my parents, but was puking for the rest of the day and night. Likewise, I'm lucky I didn't do longterm damage.
I never did learn to love alcohol though; eventually I gave up trying to fit in with the accepted drug of choice, and stopped drinking 5 years ago.
It may be that my first experience had a bit to do with my eventual decision to go teetotal - because I found weed in the meantime (in highschool, that is) and booze just never suited me the same way.
I don't miss it at all, I just wish that weed was offered in band riders, not just booze. I just give my the booze to my friends when I play gigs. Ah well. Hehe.

Last edited:
It is actually whiskey and not bourbon so the Euro that wrote this got it wrong. I will say Jack daniels is the only whiskey I will drink.

Just looking at this thread gave me a wave of nausea.

Lucky I didn't die.

Lol I remember when I was 16 and was at my friend's 15th birthday party at his house with a bunch of our friend's and friends of his family were there. It wasn't the first time i drank but the first time I got wasted. Well anyway one of the older kids brought some rum and stupidly gulped down a bunch straight and made a 1/1 coke/rum drink. Surprisingly I managed to stomach it just fine. I was so obviously trashed in front of my friend's family. lol Since I was a 'goody good' his mom assumed somebody slipped something in my drink. My friend told me his dad's friend told him that he said I was a bad influence and not to let his kids hang around me, when in fact they were the bad influences because they also were the ones that introduced me to weed.

Pardon my ignorance of imperial measurements - but roughly how much is 14 oz?
About 400 ml!! I think that it is 14 shots.
So you also dove off the deep end the first time...
I am impressed that you held it together in front of your parents!
Like you, SJ, I far, far prefer cannabis to alcohol, and barely drank until age 35 or so, just a few years ago I began to drink relatively often, but small amounts (1-2 in a night). I drink because I can't get cannabis here in japan, partly, and it an essential drug for social reasons here, but I also love the taste of rich, bitter dark beer, red wine, and dry saki. If I could smoke weed, I would almost never drink. Too bad, since the alcohol is known to be a potent neurotoxin. The cannabis would be much gentler on my system. It would also open me up, instead of making everything fuzzy and closing me down, which is what alcohol does. I cannot even begin to imagine to what extent my life would be better if cannabis were legal and smoked instead of alcohol being drunk in bars, after dinner in restaurants, etc.

Lol I remember when I was 16 and was at my friend's 15th birthday party at his house with a bunch of our friend's and friends of his family were there.
I think that many 13-17 year olds (esp. males) just try pushing all limits. Driving crazy, drinking, etc. Some don't make it, but most of us somehow make it through.

Jack Daniels technically meets the government standards for being "bourbon whisky". It's just that the company chooses not to classify the drink in that manner.

(At least, that's what I remember reading on Wikipedia)

wow at 22, that's so young. Pretty sad and horrible, it happened to a guy I used to know from school, he was in his early to mid 30's I think.