• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Making my fraternity "cooler"

^ hahaha!!!

pretty much what everyone has suggested would work. give it a year and a round of better selected guys and you'll be all good!

kk im from aus n dont know wtf a frat house really is but yer if ya wanna be cool u have to define what cool is in ur specific area wether it be drugs or bitches usually both

1. if any other frat disses u bomb the shit out of their property wit paint
2. bash em too
3.to get the girls going always have "loud" parties by this i mean u want those bitches to hear that music from 2 states away
4. do sum charity work dun worry cuz half the time they dont ask for receipts meaning free money for u
5. get a tolerance for the alk cuz u will be able to drink ur enemies under the table (u do not want dis to happen to u)
6. party hard on weekends ne kunts r in but during the week partying only mates n shiz cuz u need ta concentrate (on drugs)
7. blow up something important but not monumental let everyone know it was u
8. ask a few cops for a spare badge or uniform (hats r best) since ur too pussy to bash em doesnt mean other people will think that
9. i dunno im drunk as fuck but im on like 4 lt's of beer so yer that might be a good start for u fucks too

OLMARTEEE said:
Funny, where I'm at in Louisiana, Delta Tau Deltas are a male group. My apologies if you are gay and intended your statement to reinforce that fact.

yeah

i forget that i don't frequent this section of bl that much

but yeah, i'm a fag.

which pretty much makes this reply useless (see below):

dissapearing-girl said:
^ hahaha!!!

;)

arquin42 said:
^^^ Definitely teaming up with a sorority is the way to go. Your frat bros might think it sounds lame, but chicks really dig sappy sweet things. My frat every month or so picks a sorority and goes to their house and sings good-old-college-romance type songs, and they really love that. Or, if you have anyone in your house who can cook decently, you can really impress the ladies by inviting them all over for dinner. Group community service is good as well; often a sorority might have different connections in the community that you, and guys are always more motivated when there are chicks to impress lol.

Also, it's not necessarily bad to not be the greatest party house on campus. My house certainly isn't the most happening, but girls who come over repeatedly tell us that they feel safer here than at other houses.

while that sounds like a great idea, when you arent a cool frat you prob dont have connections with many, if any, sororities, and they are likely busy competing for the attention of more popular frats to want to bother with you

Dammit people did no-one learn anything from Revenge of the Nerds???

You need to start up a rockband of sorts. Then hook in with the quarterback's cheerleading girlfriend.

Add some physical slapstick comedy and you are well on the way!

new wave band

with a faggot singer

and i don't think anyone here's willing to do that. ;)

BLUTO: "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily."

OTTER: "Better listen to him, Flounder. He's pre-med."

Seriously...everything will fall into place when you and your comrades have no regard for anything except your own intoxication. It worked for my frat. Yeah, we got kicked off campus and had our house condemned, but it was damn well worth it.=D

^^Every IFC Frat on campus has a connection with any Sorority on campus at any time. If you want a frat that cooler, remember that its all cyclical on campus. I joined one first, then quickly dropped when I realized they were a bunch of hazing douche-bags who fit every stereotype to a 't', so I joined another one on campus that wasn't as big or popular at the time. After 3 years of huge parties, we were #1 on campus. Just throw the best parties, thats all the girls care about, and thats all the people not in the frat care about. And really, thats all the guys in the frat should care about. Its college, its supposed to be fun. . .

Nothing says "cool" like a bonfire made of furniture out on the lawn.

Just don't get caught.

Laura said:
lol... were you an SAE by chance?

sae alumni here. :)

your fraternity will not become cooler overnight. You need to build on it, start with the pledges because that's your only hope. Most of the brothers are are probably a waste and have no personality. Become a rush chair and put a lot of focus on rushing dudes. Spend a decent amount of your budget on places worth a damn to get people at. Talk it up and tell stories. My fraternity still uses a shitload of my crazy stories to get them in, or if you don't have any - just make them up. During pledging if you realize someone doesn't belong there..throw them out.

Then concentrate on your parties, girls love theme parties, just make sure the brotherhood participates in them as well. If you need any help with these I was also a social. Talk up your parties and make sure everyone gets fucked up beyond belief though stays safe. There are a million and one ways to get people to your party and to throw an unbelievable bash.

Push hard on doing other events and mixers with sorostitutes.

Drink heavy, Party hard, and Fuck even harder.

wear sea-shell necklaces.

by the way, asking what can be done to make you and your buddies "cooler" is, well...not cool.

Last edited:
I would just like to say that of my friends who joined fraternaties, the vast majority distanced themselves greatly from the organization after the "honeymoon" phase.

how about you all dissolve your boy scout club, go out into the world, discover youselves for who you really are, and look back and see how inexorably childish fraternities are.

th_frontLetters.jpg

only real lifechanging letters, imo