• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Magic Mushroom and Opioids

my friend gets really far out and schizophrenic from taking low doses of oxycondone or other opiates. supposedly he experienced the walls melting from what i'm pretty sure was a fake tab of acid. i know another person that used to claim to have supernatural stuff from morning glory seeds... from the doses of opiates that you are taking, it sounds like that is what is creating the voices. even low doses of opiates can get people prone to schizophrenia into breathing patterns that give them psychedelic or schizophrenic whatever you want to call it results. i think it makes people breath like monks with out having any experience meditating so they get shocked by spiritual experiences. maybe even withdrawing from the smaller doses is making your brain more sensative to schizophrenia or spiritual experience.

did you say whether or not you were using the opiates for pain management or just for recreational purposes? my friend that likes opiates doesn't really use any more that i'm aware of because it's easier for him to deal with. i think he was saying he still likes mushrooms, but he only eats like the smallest cap in the bag. some people's brains are a lot more sensitive to that stuff, you got to be careful. sometimes just thinking a person has taken drugs will cause the brain to react.

my friend gets really far out and schizophrenic from taking low doses of oxycondone or other opiates. supposedly he experienced the walls melting from what i'm pretty sure was a fake tab of acid. i know another person that used to claim to have supernatural stuff from morning glory seeds... from the doses of opiates that you are taking, it sounds like that is what is creating the voices. even low doses of opiates can get people prone to schizophrenia into breathing patterns that give them psychedelic or schizophrenic whatever you want to call it results. i think it makes people breath like monks with out having any experience meditating so they get shocked by spiritual experiences. maybe even withdrawing from the smaller doses is making your brain more sensative to schizophrenia or spiritual experience.

did you say whether or not you were using the opiates for pain management or just for recreational purposes? my friend that likes opiates doesn't really use any more that i'm aware of because it's easier for him to deal with. i think he was saying he still likes mushrooms, but he only eats like the smallest cap in the bag. some people's brains are a lot more sensitive to that stuff, you got to be careful. sometimes just thinking a person has taken drugs will cause the brain to react.
you mentioned a good subject,i see scary hallucinations even without oxycodone and hopefully(from addict prespective) the whole hallucinations are mind set based like a trip,if i am hopefull they get better no matter what i see or hear.
but i found out Biotin affects in some special way,when i use it i feel like i am not here anymore like i never been.it gets me to some trip like imaginations which i hate.so i use it so small just to feel oxycodone a little more(for tolerance)
and i am a very sensitive person,and i did hypnosis couple times and i believe it opened my mind doors and damaged my sensitive mind set so i gone into hallucination for awhile,and i believe when the brain finds environment a safer area to live it removes the hallucinations on its own.but the main problem is why the hell brain thinks if the environment is bad,you should make a worse hallucination for your self?it just worsens everything!!!

I have never heard of opiates causing schizophrenia.
Some lucid dreamy hallucinations while nodding out? Sure.

Although I know of one other person who says they get hallucinations/psychosis from some opiates.

Opioids/opiates used to be used to treat conditions like psychosis back in the 1900's. Before they became illegal.
I've watched people in psychosis become normal again (either temporarily or consistently after) from taking an opioid, including myself.

I think anything that increases dopamine (opiates, stimulants, a variety of other drugs) could cause some one with schizophrenia to have problems tho.
Because people who are schizo or prone to psychosis usually have a dopamine imbalance (too much) & any increase can trigger their symptoms. This is why so many antipsychotics aim to block dopaminageric pathways.

I have never heard of opiates causing schizophrenia.
Some lucid dreamy hallucinations while nodding out? Sure.

Although I know of one other person who says they get hallucinations/psychosis from some opiates.

Opioids/opiates used to be used to treat conditions like psychosis back in the 1900's. Before they became illegal.
I've watched people in psychosis become normal again (either temporarily or consistently after) from taking an opioid, including myself.

I think anything that increases dopamine (opiates, stimulants, a variety of other drugs) could cause some one with schizophrenia to have problems tho.
Because people who are schizo or prone to psychosis usually have a dopamine imbalance (too much) & any increase can trigger their symptoms. This is why so many antipsychotics aim to block dopaminageric pathways.

When i had a minor psychotic episode back in january i came right back to earth when i had a shot of morphine then popped a clonazepam. I could see a atypical opioid like tramadol or demerol (i had minor halluciations from this once) but thats it really.

Though i guesss since they do increase dopamine somehat that risk could be there

When i had a minor psychotic episode back in january i came right back to earth when i had a shot of morphine then popped a clonazepam. I could see a atypical opioid like tramadol or demerol (i had minor halluciations from this once) but thats it really.

Though i guesss since they do increase dopamine somehat that risk could be there
Yeah I've found it very shocking to hear people who say opioids cause them psychosis/schizo issues, since I know from reading through old medical literature that morphine & opioids were the standard go-to for people with psychotic symptoms. Opioids absolutely can obliterate a psychotic episode.
I'm not sure about helping with schizophrenia but it's my own personal experience that they can.

I've dated a schizophrenic (and narcsissist) off and on for almost 10 years now & have seen him use opioids with me at times. And any time he was in one of his episodes (seeing shit. being a narcisstic dick, being angry constantly, hearing things, delusional) any opioid would have him back to speaking & functioning like a normal person (at least until it wears off). Not only does it stop his hallucinations but it temporarily gets rid of his narcissism a bit as well. But he hates opioids unfortunately.

I keep having mental breakdowns lately, mostly due to my environment, asshole people & wicked anxiety/dread that's been hanging over me. But an opioid would stop that immediately once I start to feel it come on. But I no longer have that option (for a full agonist anyway).

i never said opioids caused my mental illness,opioids give me more hope in a way,from the start i changed my opinion on my illness a lot,one day i think its a corona virus that everyone got or maybe the vaccine itself caused it,another day i think its going to be apocalypse,and at the least point i think its a normal hallucination caused by environmental factors and can be treated with medication,

i never said opioids caused my mental illness,opioids give me more hope in a way,from the start i changed my opinion on my illness a lot,one day i think its a corona virus that everyone got or maybe the vaccine itself caused it,another day i think its going to be apocalypse,and at the least point i think its a normal hallucination caused by environmental factors and can be treated with medication,
I was referring to foodcrisis, who said their friend gets "really far out & schizophrenic on low doses of oxycodone"...

two days ago i used a tiny bit of cubensis maybe 10 microgram(i tried to do lowest dose) and still my heart rate got fast and a voice was talking fast like hallucination and i was anxious and some magic invisible movements in front of me i don't know what they were. and i saw lots of no meaning scenes every couple seconds,it was obvious that it is made by a confused mind.after two hours got a little better but the whole night was bad to me.just found its not suitable at all for me

1mg of powdered mushrooms isnt even a microdose, that would literally do nothing. As far as physical danger of mixing Opioids and Mushrooms, that isnt a concern. Psilocybin isnt gonna cause you to get Seratonin Syndrome so no need to worry about that, bad trip is possible on a high dose you arent prepared for.

The main problem with this combo is that it will blunt the effects like Opana mentioned. Especially if your non-tolerant to the Opioid. If you are on maintenance however with like Buprenorphine or Methadone and are taking the same dose that keeps you stable it wont effect the effects of the Psychedelic to any noticable degree.

But lets say you dont use Opioids daily and you pop 20mgs of Oxycodone and 2 grams of Mushrooms it will absolutely make the trip weaker in general. But it will also be stupidly euphoric and pleasurable in my experience mixing psychs/opioids.

In the past i used to like sniffing some Heroin on the comedown of an LSD or Mushroom trip, the warm wave of euphoria that washes over you when you administer the opioid is lovely. Id like to do it at the end because i would still have a full pure trip for the majority and just use the Heroin to relax, and as euphoriant.

*Also love Heroin on the MDMA comedown*
Co-Signed.