View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD

Marji

Greenlighter
I’m on meds that effect the effects of LSD which I love. The best trip I’ve had a a 20 hitter. 1-3 doesn’t effect me and I’m tired of wasting time with baby doses. People think I’m lying and just being greedy or nuts. Any suggestions on skipping meds a day or two before? Should I not do that? I just wanna have a lovely intense trip.

i don't think a day or two would be long enough
Yeah I don’t think I could go much longer. I can’t take the brain zaps and I’m manic depressive and bipolar II. Is there an unsafe amount to take? Like, do you think. 10-20 hits will work enough? And why do my meds affect the intensity of psychedelics?

you would need a minium two weeks off them. But withdrawing from them you need to wean off instead of cold turkey.

you would need a minium two weeks off them. But withdrawing from them you need to wean off instead of cold turkey.
Yeah, thank you. I can’t do that. I’ll kill myself. Same with ayahuasca right? I’ve studied the benefits of it far as treating addiction but know I’ll die if I don’t stop my meds for a while before right?

Yeah I don’t think I could go much longer. I can’t take the brain zaps and I’m manic depressive and bipolar II. Is there an unsafe amount to take? Like, do you think. 10-20 hits will work enough? And why do my meds affect the intensity of psychedelics?

i would not recommend taking 10-20 hits. you should ween off these meds if you want to trip. i am not sure why they effect psychedelics but it probably has to do with how they act on serotonin receptors.

i would not recommend taking 10-20 hits. you should ween off these meds if you want to trip. i am not sure why they effect psychedelics but it probably has to do with how they act on serotonin receptors.
I’m pretty sure that’s what it is. When I did do 20, it was the most beautifulest experience I’ve ever had! But my sisters scared for me to do that again. Thank you for your input 🖤

Yeah, thank you. I can’t do that. I’ll kill myself. Same with ayahuasca right? I’ve studied the benefits of it far as treating addiction but know I’ll die if I don’t stop my meds for a while before right?
Yeah ayahuasca has many interactions and its psychedelic effects will be blocked while the MAOI will probably kill somebody on SSRIs.

If taking more hits of LSD works for you stick with that. SSRIS block things from attaching to the serotonin receptors blocking or greatly reducing the effects of psychedelic drugs.

Yeah ayahuasca has many interactions and its psychedelic effects will be blocked while the MAOI will probably kill somebody on SSRIs.

If taking more hits of LSD works for you stick with that. SSRIS block things from attaching to the serotonin receptors blocking or greatly reducing the effects of psychedelic drugs.
What do you think of DMT, would it harm me or stop me from crossing?

Entheogenic properties from any and all psychedelic journeys will be muted from any SSRi.
If enthegenic effects are what YOU are looking for.

I'm pretty sure every single report I have researched or found online with people who have tried breaking thorugh on DMT while on an SSRI never made it because the other drugs canceled out the "break through" experience from neurological exhaustion and reup-take.

This problem recurs periodically, and I'm coming to suspect it's because of a fundamental psychological layer going back to the dawn of the post-industrial psychedelic age, when lightning struck and global control left families and became something on its own a bit like a snake, right after the second world war. LSD highlighted serotonin as mental mediator molecule, and Prozac&Co found a way to lock one in firmly into the snake. Of course its runaway process has become quite unacceptable, and we need to go back to the roots of how we're managing a nuclear civilization. So that's basically the forces you're playing with when you throw psychs at pharms, it's no pretty kind of morphic resonance and I'm glad it's not my problem. Dealing with medical doctors I mean.

I'd tell my own story with pharmaceuticals again but last time I did it fell in a cold place, and it is a ghastly cold anecdote I'd rather not share too often.

That
I'm pretty sure every single report I have researched or found online with people who have tried breaking thorugh on DMT while on an SSRI never made it because the other drugs canceled out the "break through" experience from neurological exhaustion and reup-take.
that’s so sad 😞

225mg/Effexor, 300mg/Limictal, 5mg/Abilify. Weening off the Abilify!
Jesus, please don't skip a day with this combo!!!!! You could do some serious damage to your neurochemistry! And I mean that shit!

Besides, skipping a day wouldn't even help because of the long half life of these drugs. Skipping a day will make you super angry and in a state of antipsychotic induced withdrawal, which will be masked by your lsd trip, making your comedown shitty.

Trust me. I know what I'm talking about

I took Effexor for a month, saw what it did to me, then quit cold turkey, which you're indeed not supposed to do, but I couldn't help myself, I'd rather have the awful brain zaps, nonsensical reality glitches and kinda feeling off for the next year with strange heart frequencies than take another one of 'em.

No idea how to deal with longterm use of it, people do seem to be able to develop a flexibility with it, but I've also read about people who open the pills and start weening off the little pellets inside just so they don't have to go from one to zero. Been a while, the world has evolved and many more tools are available so it might not have to come to that, but that's been my impression of this particular compound.

I took Effexor for a month, saw what it did to me, then quit cold turkey, which you're indeed not supposed to do, but I couldn't help myself, I'd rather have the awful brain zaps, nonsensical reality glitches and kinda feeling off for the next year with strange heart frequencies than take another one of 'em.

No idea how to deal with longterm use of it, people do seem to be able to develop a flexibility with it, but I've also read about people who open the pills and start weening off the little pellets inside just so they don't have to go from one to zero. Been a while, the world has evolved and many more tools are available so it might not have to come to that, but that's been my impression of this particular compound.
It’s horrible. My old psych dr walked out and quit. I couldn’t get refill. I went nuts and that’s when I lost everything to dope and hard. I’m scared to death to come off them.

I believe you. I went off one time and really dove in the deepest of my addiction. So, before I took a 20 hitter and it was the best trip I ever had. Should I just do 10-20 again? This times going to be gel tabs. Never had them. They stronger?