• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD to figure out who you are?

My dad sister (or my aunt) has some form of psychosis. although she had a very traumatic childhood involving war.

I think yougeekay was right in saying that its my responsibility to go through the door. if i keep bitching about it then nothing will happen. Im hoping to cheat my way out with the use of psychedelics. sounds like im putting myself in a bad mindset though

I gotta relax haha :D im probably getting worked up over nothing again.

I gotta relax haha :D im probably getting worked up over nothing again.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "nothing". From what you've said so far it seems to be negatively affecting your life, and ignoring problems is rarely an effective solution.

Whether or not you decide to make the use of psychedelics a part of this process (which by the sounds of it you have already decided): if you want to make a change, then you need to really want to make a change, if you get what I'm saying. Desiring it is never enough; desiring to be the person to make that change - right here, right now - is what it will take.

nobody's soul is in need of curing. this is a bad mindset to get into.

it sounds like you can see things about you that you want to change. psychedelics will most likely NOT show you how to change these things. instead they will taunt you with the promise of a "truth" lying just beyond reach, and you can get burned trying to fly too close to the sun. they may show you repressed memories, bringing painful emotions to your surface and causing intense trauma.

changing your own personality takes TIME. if you end up 'figuring out who you are' after a trip, i can almost guarantee you that it will be traumatic and painful and you will not end up with what you thought you wanted.

remember-- life is like a wheel. there are high points and low points, and unless the two are in balance you will never go anywhere.

Our lives are a quest for self improvement and affirmation. We're always looking to better ourselves, to understand our own minds.

Some people work it out for themselves, some people see shrinks, whatever, we all do it.

I simply see LSD as a powerful tool in your arsenal, used correctly it lets you operate on your concious mind like a some sort of psychological surgeon. This is why some people fuck up hard on it. Surgery is a skilled business and one slip of the knife and you've got a problem.

I simply see LSD as a powerful tool in your arsenal, used correctly it lets you operate on your concious mind like a some sort of psychological surgeon. This is why some people fuck up hard on it. Surgery is a skilled business and one slip of the knife and you've got a problem.
That is a nice metaphor. I'll remember that one :)

Yes if you approach them the right way and see them for what they are: just drugs.

Don't ever let drugs define you, you can use them to help put your life into perspective and truly take a look at yourself but they shouldn’t be a definition of you.

The trick is taking an enlightening trip and applying the knowledge gained to everyday life.

In other words, psychedelics can open the door but you must step through it and you can only do that when you’re not on drugs. It takes determination and effort but just making subtle little changes, e.g. speak to a stranger in a queue or perhaps ask a friend if he could suggest any music to you.

I understand how you feel and trust me it is a far more common feeling than people think, everyone stops at limbo a few times in life.

I feel LSD makes you seem like more you then you usually are, very connected to who you really are, understanding yourself well, a lot of the mental effects are I think based around knowing yourself, and the more comfortable you are with yourself the more fun trips often end up too. I've seen a few people who really figured some things out while on LSD and I think it cán help.

Just don't expect it to be an instant fix of things, it míght turn out that way, buts it not very likely and you could just as well have 5 fun trips where you barely learn anything about yourself; it also depends on the mindset you enter the experience with, if you're looking to figure out yourself it might come more easily too.

With uni, im studying something i hate. ive always been a creative person with a love for inventing things. when i was 15 i built a jet turbine engine in my garage out of a few cat food tins and butane gas. The design has always been round but the point was i came to it independently. I also came with the idea of a pulse generator at the age of 7 (all i remember is thinking "what if we used electricity to make more electricity?)

Now im going to university to study electronics with the hope of working in the field. because i want the money. not because i enjoy it. But if i were to do something creative like innovation and design or architecture which i love (know nothing about the history i just love grand architecture) i would love it yet most likely not earn more then i would working full time at a supermarket.
Or even better, i would love to buy myself a van, live on the beach and play my music every day, meet random people and make lots of friends. If that wernt illegal here.

This post says to me that you DO have things in your life that make you feel fulfilled. I know money is something to think about, but I firmly believe that in the end, if you follow your passion, you'll end up the best off in your life, which may or may not include having a lot of money.

This post says to me that you DO have things in your life that make you feel fulfilled. I know money is something to think about, but I firmly believe that in the end, if you follow your passion, you'll end up the best off in your life, which may or may not include having a lot of money.

Im with Xorkoth here. Pursue what makes 'you' happy.

I thought I was finding myself last summer by taking acid as often as I could. I thought I was being reborn every time I dosed and that LSD was some kind of Sacrament. I actually started to believe that I could unlock unused parts of my brain by taking acid and that if I took it enough times I would essentially get super powers. LSD made me pretty wack in the head for a while and I've seen the same thing happen to friends of mine. Don't get me wrong, I still love it. I just learned that LSD needs to be respected. It's good to be used to refresh your outlook on life every now and then but it's a very powerful drug and I'd take any epiphany you have when you're that high with a grain of salt.

LSD can defiantly be used to analyze your life from a different prospective but if you're trying to define yourself to don't think drugs are the right means to that end. I was a lot like you when I was 18 but I've been doing biofeedback for a year and that's really the only thing that's cured me of my mental ailments. It's succeeded in ways that years of drug therapy and psychotherapy failed to.

Last edited: