• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD to cure depression and anxiety

Sup ismene?

Do you mind telling me a little about your dosages and frequency of use?

I might plan my own little long term experiment and give this a shot.

Psilocybin cured me of a long-standing deep depression. I don't tend to find the same effect from LSD unless you take it in a particular way - instead of taking the dose all at once, split it in half by 20-30 mins. This completely alters the trip into a much more MDMA type experience with added psychedelic fluffiness. But it can be a little harder on your digestive tract so take a little more care with what you eat (better off eating light with maybe a chocolate bar to take away the pangs).

But for depression - I think psilocybin is king. I never found this "It makes your problems worse" at all - it gives you 4 or 5 hours of blessed relief and gradually seems to alter your brain chemistry to decrease heavy depressions. Good luck man.

Well as I also should have mentioned I have done mushrooms, about 2.5 grams and that resulted in knocking out cold on the hard floor and seizing For about a minute. I woke up and then went to sleep. No problems but it seems I didn't react well. I am not closed minded enough to completely rule it out, what dosages and long term schedule were you using?

Vistaril's 5-HT2A antagonism is probably strong enough to help with a bad trip, and it's antihistamine activity could help sedate you as well - but if I recall correctly antihistamines do somewhat increase the risk for seizures (and I was wondering if you were on vistaril when you had your seizure on mushrooms?). The effect could either be very minor though or I could be plain old remembering wrong.

Well as I also should have mentioned I have done mushrooms, about 2.5 grams and that resulted in knocking out cold on the hard floor and seizing For about a minute. I woke up and then went to sleep. No problems but it seems I didn't react well. I am not closed minded enough to completely rule it out, what dosages and long term schedule were you using?

If you look into the problems with psychiatry and the very associations that create up these conditions, you'll find that they too accept that they don't know whether they exist or not. For time immemorial, we've tried to find ways to explain how we experience life but these are for the most part, speculative, subjective opinions and thanks to the use of science we can form empirical validating contexts for what we experience. However, science or not... Do those conditions exist? In the known reality of psychiatry - yes they do. In cultures that accept psychiatry - yes they do. But if you go to the far stretches of our lands and find men and women in tribes that have never met a psychiatrist, do these conditions exist? Well, that's a simple answer.

The biggest question you have to ask yourself is this; if I didn't know I had these conditions, would I feel better?
Most suffering and pain, anxiety and distress comes from having a condition stamped to you for the rest of your life. You carry around an idea, a concept, you are told what it is that makes you sick and that there is such a thing as the sickness you are suffering with but, if you never knew it was a sickness - would you suffer as much? If you read into this, you'll find that most psychiatrists and psychotherapists who try their best to deal with said conditions in patients like yourself, they openly admit that over 20% of their patients and clients go on to get WORSE after diagnosis. What causes the worsening effect? The fact that they now have been given a label which comes with attached stigma and cultural and social stereotyping. You now fit into a GROUP, a group of which in most cases you are ashamed to be a part of. You now battle descriptions, medication instructions and guidance along with repeat prescriptions, repeat appointments with your practitioner and now... finally now, you've reached your ultimate destination. You now know what the problem is but.... has it changed anything?

I think you know the answer. OP...
Forget about the labels. Forget about whether you fit into a certain criteria. Instead, focus on what makes you feel good. Focus on what makes you happy. Find out what upsets you, find out what makes you worse and then you have your own psychological research in your own words which you can use to better your life. The world of psychiatry institutionalizes people, it keeps people wrapped up in fear and doubt and for the most part, there seems to be no cure. They just slap you with a label and expect that to somehow change your life. If anything, being branded something or somebody or someone can make you worse not better. I'm not saying that psychiatry is a load of horse****. It's thanks to modern psychiatry that we now have the research, knowledge and experience and insight into the human condition and thanks to it's continuing evolution, the industry is now merging back with psychology and spirituality and there are no fields opening up every other year or so. Which is great, right? Sure is.

Do you have ADHD? Or do you really have a different genetic makeup or functioning brain than those who aren't like you? If that's the case, instead of attaching yourself to a label, perhaps you should be finding people you get along with, people that are just like you, perhaps you could even study the field and take what you need from research and professional experience and research and turn it into your own personal journey away from the confides of it's academic influences and back into normal easy to understand content you can utilize in your life?
As for psychedelics... if you had bad experiences before especially seizures then it's best to find out what caused that to happen to you first before taking them again. Did you mix them with other drugs or medication? Did you pick the mushrooms yourself or did you buy them from a street dealer? Did you know the source? Have you got medical conditions that conflict with psychedelics? You should do some research.

As for taking psychedelics. You need a structure as to why you are taking them. You need to make sure that your set and setting is right otherwise you can provoke negative stimulus (reactions) and potentially cause yourself anxiety problems and end up going in the wrong direction. LSD has been proven time and time again to be fantastic when it comes to healing people with anxiety and depression and many other conditions. You want to be taking psychedelics if you do take them that is, in a therapeutic setting preferably somewhere that is peaceful, safe and quiet away from loud noises, strangers and unfamiliar things. Then when you get there (reach your peak) you can face your problems head on. Ask yourself questions, think about your problems, your past, things that may make you uncomfortable and if you are meant to awaken and realize the solutions then you will do but it doesn't happen straight away and there needs to be a structure that is effective. You can't tell anyone how to trip or what will happen because everyone ends up going into their own little world and there they will get stuck amongst the interior of their own minds.

Anxiety is the inbuilt mechanism we all have about life and death and events that determine our fate. Our fate is inevitable. You WILL die. As will I and everyone else posting on this forum. In the next 100 years, none of us will be here. Anxiety then, is the process of living whilst worrying about living. What can I do? Why should I do it? I don't have enough time! I need to be this! I need to do that! I can't live my life without... Or I can't be this person without.... To rid yourself of anxiety you have to let go and psychedelics could be perfect for you in this very example as they really can put a lot of your thoughts and biases on life into perspective. When I first took psychedelics, I took a relatively moderate dose of high quality LSD with a friend. I realized that throughout my trip I was stronger than I had ever thought and I repressed my strengths and my ambitions because I feared the validation of others. My anxieties were that I wasn't good enough and that I wasn't like everyone else, I had some sort of inferiority complex and throughout my trip I started to realize how absurd my thoughts were and my anxieties that were based more on what everyone else thought of me and what I would become rather than what I actually wanted to be. Most anxieties are generalized, in psychiatry they call it GAD or generalized anxiety disorder and it's a condition we all have from time to time and some of us have it for life and it makes sense because it's only natural that we fear the end of life and we fear whether we are doing right and whether we are good enough.

It takes time to come to terms with anxiety. It took me a few LSD and one mescaline session to come to terms with my insecurities of which are most of everyone's anxiety problems and most of them are irrational in the first place. After your experiences, if done right, you'll realize that reality and the world around you isn't what it seems and we are programmed from life until death to live a certain life, be a certain someone and fear and enjoy certain things even though most of these things are irrelevant or un-necessary and some that are for the most part, downright dangerous to our mental health and damaging to society. You may just benefit from LSD, it may be the best thing that ever happened to you but I recommend you do your research and study into it's effects and perhaps watch and listen to some influential figures that promote it's use and figures that will effectively send you on your way in terms of exploring and awakening. People like Terence McKenna, Ram Dass, Alan Watts etc. And perhaps try some meditation. Learn about psychedelic research etc.

It's all down to you bro. Best of luck.

That is a bit of a strange reaction - perhaps stick to LSD then. I just found psilocybin had a more comforting "presence" than LSD. Schedule wise it was pretty heavy for a couple of years. Heavy doses (8-15 dried grams plus) every week or couple of weeks. It was during the period mushrooms were legal in the UK from 2003-2005 so supply wasn't an issue.

If you look into the problems with psychiatry and the very associations that create up these conditions, you'll find that they too accept that they don't know whether they exist or not. For time immemorial, we've tried to find ways to explain how we experience life but these are for the most part, speculative, subjective opinions and thanks to the use of science we can form empirical validating contexts for what we experience. However, science or not... Do those conditions exist? In the known reality of psychiatry - yes they do. In cultures that accept psychiatry - yes they do. But if you go to the far stretches of our lands and find men and women in tribes that have never met a psychiatrist, do these conditions exist? Well, that's a simple answer.

The biggest question you have to ask yourself is this; if I didn't know I had these conditions, would I feel better?
Most suffering and pain, anxiety and distress comes from having a condition stamped to you for the rest of your life. You carry around an idea, a concept, you are told what it is that makes you sick and that there is such a thing as the sickness you are suffering with but, if you never knew it was a sickness - would you suffer as much? If you read into this, you'll find that most psychiatrists and psychotherapists who try their best to deal with said conditions in patients like yourself, they openly admit that over 20% of their patients and clients go on to get WORSE after diagnosis. What causes the worsening effect? The fact that they now have been given a label which comes with attached stigma and cultural and social stereotyping. You now fit into a GROUP, a group of which in most cases you are ashamed to be a part of. You now battle descriptions, medication instructions and guidance along with repeat prescriptions, repeat appointments with your practitioner and now... finally now, you've reached your ultimate destination. You now know what the problem is but.... has it changed anything?

I think you know the answer. OP...
Forget about the labels. Forget about whether you fit into a certain criteria. Instead, focus on what makes you feel good. Focus on what makes you happy. Find out what upsets you, find out what makes you worse and then you have your own psychological research in your own words which you can use to better your life. The world of psychiatry institutionalizes people, it keeps people wrapped up in fear and doubt and for the most part, there seems to be no cure. They just slap you with a label and expect that to somehow change your life. If anything, being branded something or somebody or someone can make you worse not better. I'm not saying that psychiatry is a load of horse****. It's thanks to modern psychiatry that we now have the research, knowledge and experience and insight into the human condition and thanks to it's continuing evolution, the industry is now merging back with psychology and spirituality and there are no fields opening up every other year or so. Which is great, right? Sure is.

Do you have ADHD? Or do you really have a different genetic makeup or functioning brain than those who aren't like you? If that's the case, instead of attaching yourself to a label, perhaps you should be finding people you get along with, people that are just like you, perhaps you could even study the field and take what you need from research and professional experience and research and turn it into your own personal journey away from the confides of it's academic influences and back into normal easy to understand content you can utilize in your life?
As for psychedelics... if you had bad experiences before especially seizures then it's best to find out what caused that to happen to you first before taking them again. Did you mix them with other drugs or medication? Did you pick the mushrooms yourself or did you buy them from a street dealer? Did you know the source? Have you got medical conditions that conflict with psychedelics? You should do some research.

As for taking psychedelics. You need a structure as to why you are taking them. You need to make sure that your set and setting is right otherwise you can provoke negative stimulus (reactions) and potentially cause yourself anxiety problems and end up going in the wrong direction. LSD has been proven time and time again to be fantastic when it comes to healing people with anxiety and depression and many other conditions. You want to be taking psychedelics if you do take them that is, in a therapeutic setting preferably somewhere that is peaceful, safe and quiet away from loud noises, strangers and unfamiliar things. Then when you get there (reach your peak) you can face your problems head on. Ask yourself questions, think about your problems, your past, things that may make you uncomfortable and if you are meant to awaken and realize the solutions then you will do but it doesn't happen straight away and there needs to be a structure that is effective. You can't tell anyone how to trip or what will happen because everyone ends up going into their own little world and there they will get stuck amongst the interior of their own minds.

Anxiety is the inbuilt mechanism we all have about life and death and events that determine our fate. Our fate is inevitable. You WILL die. As will I and everyone else posting on this forum. In the next 100 years, none of us will be here. Anxiety then, is the process of living whilst worrying about living. What can I do? Why should I do it? I don't have enough time! I need to be this! I need to do that! I can't live my life without... Or I can't be this person without.... To rid yourself of anxiety you have to let go and psychedelics could be perfect for you in this very example as they really can put a lot of your thoughts and biases on life into perspective. When I first took psychedelics, I took a relatively moderate dose of high quality LSD with a friend. I realized that throughout my trip I was stronger than I had ever thought and I repressed my strengths and my ambitions because I feared the validation of others. My anxieties were that I wasn't good enough and that I wasn't like everyone else, I had some sort of inferiority complex and throughout my trip I started to realize how absurd my thoughts were and my anxieties that were based more on what everyone else thought of me and what I would become rather than what I actually wanted to be. Most anxieties are generalized, in psychiatry they call it GAD or generalized anxiety disorder and it's a condition we all have from time to time and some of us have it for life and it makes sense because it's only natural that we fear the end of life and we fear whether we are doing right and whether we are good enough.

It takes time to come to terms with anxiety. It took me a few LSD and one mescaline session to come to terms with my insecurities of which are most of everyone's anxiety problems and most of them are irrational in the first place. After your experiences, if done right, you'll realize that reality and the world around you isn't what it seems and we are programmed from life until death to live a certain life, be a certain someone and fear and enjoy certain things even though most of these things are irrelevant or un-necessary and some that are for the most part, downright dangerous to our mental health and damaging to society. You may just benefit from LSD, it may be the best thing that ever happened to you but I recommend you do your research and study into it's effects and perhaps watch and listen to some influential figures that promote it's use and figures that will effectively send you on your way in terms of exploring and awakening. People like Terence McKenna, Ram Dass, Alan Watts etc. And perhaps try some meditation. Learn about psychedelic research etc.

It's all down to you bro. Best of luck.

Thankyou for your advice mountainrange, I'm sorry for this late response but yes I have done research on my reaction to mushrooms and I concluded it was because of the extremely large amount of marijuana I smoked while tripping in an attempt to calm myself down. This seems to be a common reaction in some people that are prone to passing out or seizures (me). The information you have provided me with very much has helped me to better understand how the world of phyciatry is in no way definite and totally agree these labels are ridiculous and I have been trying not to take them as seriously as I have in the past. I still suffer from a day to day depression whenever I am sober as well as minor anxiety that I have been controlling through keeping active and trying to avoid weed because of my obvious addiction that makes me generally numb. I am through with being numb and know it is time to treat these problems. I have acquired 4 tabs. I asked a friend to trip with me in my home in a positive setting in a positive mood at a good time, as an attempt to see the potency of the tabs without doing any reflection, First my friend and I tried half a tab, this resulted in a very light giggly mood with barely any to no visual aspect. My friend and I each tried 1 tab 36 hours later, I could immediately tell these tabs are weak. minor visual aspect and a lightened giggly mood with barely any to no "mind fuck" was achieved. I now have only one of the same tabs. They tasted like absolutely nothing so I am assuming this is not a research chemical. If this was assured to be LSD, what would you guys suggest I do for the correct mindset, set, setting, time to reflect on my life and problems involving depression/anxiety? I understand the risks and don't want to hear "harm reduction" this is my choice and I understand the risks. It is worth it for me, these living conditions seem to be getting more and more unbearable. I would like to do this tonight if possible. The last time I tripped was 3 days ago, would my tolerance get in the way? How may I potentiate this LSD for an appropriate trip to face these problems?(if they do even arise) would I even need a potent dose to self reflect? I have heard melatonin and 5htp work well and I have both. I thank all of you very much for your help. Please some quick responses if possible.

I would pass on the 5HTP, but your tolerance probably won't be too bad if you didn't really trip before.

You may not of taken LSD the last time or you may of taken it but it was severely under-dosed. You can get your LSD tested and there are communities on the internet that deal with the specifics of purity and authenticity like the Dark Net Avengers who discuss sources and reviews and testing. They are a community based on the dark web which have a website built for that specific query and a community around that which supports harm reduction with psychedelics and drug testing. They use a legitimate laboratory in Spain called Energy Control to test their substances and you can check them out yourself by using Google and they you will find their website. All you have to do is send one blotter to their address and within a week or so they will test it for the active substance you think it is and then tell you what purity it is and whether it fails or passes for that active substance.

You should be good to go seeing as you didn't have a heavy trip before but the question is, is it worth taking them when you know you didn't trip hard the last time? Perhaps it's advisable to change your source and find a more reliable source that will at least give you the substance you want to take?
Don't let your conditions, illnesses and brands and whatever else define you, if you want to trip then for obvious reasons do your research and perhaps start reading some books on taking psychedelics like James Fadiman's Psychedelic Explorers Guide which is a detailed extensive book devised of advice for taking psychedelics and any sort of situation known to arise before, during and after. It's based on a lot of scientific research and practical applications. The bottom line is, if you really want to help yourself then you have to know what the professionals know already about the conditions you have so perhaps start looking on Amazon for books that detail the past and current standing research and opinion. Better still, get involved with the right audiences and listen to the best people who can guide you through it. Like I said in my previous message, philsophers like Alan Watts, researchers like Stanislav Grof, James Fadiman, Richard Alpert, Timothy Leary etc all described and have detailed the best environments and settings for therapeutic psychotherapy sessions with psychedelics and with this understanding, enlightenment, awakening and acceptance of oneself and ones problems can be reached.

There is no easy way to educate someone on the best ways to understand these chemicals and therefore have the best trip. Some of the best trips can become some of the worst and some of the worst, well, you get my point. You need to do your research brother. Reading a page or two out of Erowid just won't cut it. Neither will reading one essay on the use of psychedelics or listening to a mystic on YouTube. It takes more mental planning and considerate thought and research to enjoy these experiences and they just don't happen overnight. Careful planning and design has to go into them being successful.

General rule of thumb though which you need to look into more is;
Trip with good company (if you can) - its important you have someone there to reassure you if things start getting weird but it's not a strict requirement
Trip in a safe quiet and calm atmosphere - loud noises, strangers and unfamiliar sights and sounds can distract you and make you anxious so find somewhere peaceful and calming
Set the scene - Make sure you have a legitimate reason for taking them, a sound idea behind your trip and make sure your headspace is clear and you have structure behind the trip (its worth noting any structure may start to fade during the peak of the trip but that's expected)

But like I said there are a tonne of variables you need to bare in mind which require research and consideration. A lot of reading and research is in order.

Hope this helps, and... not so much of a short response but hope it helps :) Good luck!

Bottom line, these drugs DO work in this area of our mind and have been proven beneficial. The fact is, like everything I've just said is; it comes down to studying it for yourself and doing what works and learning from experience and listening to knowledgeable people and I know they are hard to come by especially the ones I've met in my life which seem to be hidden in the wood work and are very few.