• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

Aye me, I did a 100ug trip the other day. For once consumed during the daytime - I spent most of the day wandering about looking at the sky & watching the world go by with a contented smile upon my face.
It was a perfect dose for the situation at hand, i.e. having to interact with neighbours, family, random downs syndrome persons, weirdos who get made to feel uncomfortable being within 20 feet of some guy who grins continuously at the sky in the town centre instead of...shopping ?

Yeah for LSD at low dose & medium dose & high dose - but I confess it's a long time since I took a low dose & it was very very pleasant.

Did half a tab of some White on White blotter thinking it'd be a low dose but I got quite a decent trip out of it! No real visuals but had mad energy. Mixing music was fun and dancing felt great. It lasted a long ass time, roughly from 6pm till 5am the next day I could not sleep so I am thinking this was a little higher than a super low dose but still not high enough to give me visuals. I'll try a 1/4 tab of this blotter next time early in the day and see how that adds shimmer to the day! :)

BTW, great thread.
Love LSD.

I have often thought about what LSD would be like in really small doses for a antidepresant.... I have been thinking of maybe cutting up a tab into 8 pieces and taking it in the morning to cheer you up.

I have got past history with depression and have tried many things to help it but can't seem to find anything. I would really like to try this o see if you can still do your daily things ie. work, study and other things.

Has anybody tried this in the past before? If you have could you PM me and we will have a little bit more of a deeper chat into things...

Cloudy said:
What do you think the duration of an 30-50 mic LSD trip with a joint or so at roughly an hour and half after dosing. Would you say it'll end up being around 6 hours?

In my experience you will feel some of it for around 8 hours no matter how low the dose is, and more as the dose goes higher. That said, I would feel confident doing pretty much anything at that low of a dose.

OK, I admit low dose LSD (100-200mcg) can be quite fun.

But when you go under 50mcg (especially if you have weak blotter and are expecting to trip hard), it is a complete disappointment. And it is SO annoying not being able to go to sleep, and not really tripping either. :X

The preferred dose for me is 500mcg+. As much as I can afford. :)

why on earth would anyone take <50mcg and expect to 'trip hard'???

i've got a feeling you're missing the entire point of this. :|

I read somewhere that at doses of around 1ug, lsd has nootropic effects similar to hydergine. Is this true?, I'm trying to find a link to where I read that but so far nothing :\
Of course, measuring and dosing 1ug is tricky, but still it's interesting.

why on earth would anyone take <50mcg and expect to 'trip hard'???
The answer to that question is WEAK ACID. I've eaten 15 hits before of what I thought was at least decent blotter, expecting to trip hard of course, but they ended up being EXTREMELY degraded, I'd say 75mics total or something. It's not like I knew the dose before I took it.

That is what I'm talking about.

*facepalm*

this thread isn't about people taking 15 hits of acid. 8(

it's more like cutting ONE tab into thirds or quarters. the clue is in the title, it's nothing to do with 'weak' acid.

hey B9, it's good to see another convert to the cause! ;)

I think he was just giving his opinions on low-dose LSD... I take it he finds it to be rather disappointing and would prefer to take a large dose. ;)

i tried low dose acid today first time under 180 ug. I like it. It is colorful and very visual but not like OMG. I am used to the hoffman originals so this is a pleasant surprise -). I took a half of one of the panoramix druids (green dwarfs) so should be about 70 ug.

For me, the ergoloids (LSD, hydergine, nicergoline, ergometrine) are just chemical perfection. For example, my brain reacts so amazingly well to LSD: I can function perfectly in so-called "normal" society, with perfect cognitive lucidity on up to 4-5 decent hits and I have never had anything even resembling a bad experience, on a low dose, a high dose or anything in-between.

If LSD were more available and cheaper, I would love to try the famous "Hofmann cocktail." That is, take a few hits of LSD, drop them in like 500ml of distilled, deionized water (with a tiny bit of ascorbic acid in there for oxidative protection) in a light-proof bottle and put the bottle in the fridge. Then every day, take a couple of swigs for a nice, low-dose nootropic effect. In essence, what you are doing here is using it as a non-visual psychedelic--something that expands cognition, sans any "hallucinogenic" trippy perceptual effects. Apparently, this became Hofmann's favorite way of using LSD, rather than taking it in mindfuck, full immersive doses.

Thankfully, hydergine can also serve this purpose rather well, but I've always wanted to try it with real LSD, just as an experiment. I would also love to try lisuride for the same reason. It has similar a similar receptor binding profile to LSD, but is a very weak (as in sub-hallucinogenic) partial agonist at the 5-HT2A receptor, with a tad more dopaminergic impact. The cool thing (other than the fact that it is legal) is that it is also extremely potent, with doses around 250ug and acts as a functional antagonist at the 5-HT2B receptor, so there is no risk of cardiac fibrosis like there is with the dopaminergic ergoloids pergolide and carbergoline (both of which have the same efficacy as 5-HT itself in activating the 2B receptor). Of the ergoloids, lisuride, LSD, bromocriptine and nicergoline have the lowest risk of cardiac fibrosis, as they are far weaker than 5-HT itself at the 5-HT2B receptor.

Edit: To add, I do not agree with the idea that LSD has no nootropic effects at high doses. I think perhaps that just the opposite might be true--high-dose LSD might be too nootropic to be successfully integrated during the acute experience. A parallel to amphetamine can be drawn: at moderate (therapeutic) doses, amphetamine is godsend for increasing focus and concentration, but at tweak-a-thon (recreational) doses, it is too focusing and can lead to obsessional/stereotyped thinking. Similarly, at low doses, LSD expands cognition and increases the capacity to see new solutions and ideas, whereas at high doses, there is such an intense flood of new ideas that it is hard for most people to stay on task. That said, both types of LSD experience have their place.

Last edited:
Ive never taken any less than a hit, but with weaker hits i have gotten the "mentally blue balled" effect... You get that feeling of coming up on any amount of acid, but just never got any more than that... but then again that's when im expecting more. If i took something with the intention of a sub psychedelic dose, i might see things differently...

I like low dose LSD a lot as a little nootropic/mental tonic/stimulant to make things a little brighter and shimmery and motivate me to get things like cleaning or gardening done or to stay up after a long night of tripping/partying. Such a versatile chemical <3

One of my FAVORITE things to do is take a hit of lsd and just relax. It just seems to give me such a great way to look at things. sometimes even to just mellow me out. Occasionally taking 1/2 or a corner of the tab, although that seems to be a little to weak for me.

Just wondering, and I'm sure it's been covered somewhere in the previous pages but I'm a lil lazy - what constitutes a low dose? Obviously it's all relative to the individual, but what approximately would be a low dose? Saying half a tab, or a quarter is all well and good, but tabs can contain tiny doses or epic ones so it's not the best way of thinking about it, I feel.

For me, I would say around 150 mics is my ideal "low dose". I often used to spend the night in the pub with friends on that kind of amount and found it great. Saves money on beer and a far better time is had by all :).

I could live my whole life in that mildly sparkly state. Except I can't, of course cos it don't work that way 8). Shame really :).

EDIT - Oops! Just had a little flick through the previous pages and it appears that sub-100ug is a popular low dose. Meh, 100-150 is in the low dose range, I think. As long as it's enough to notice but not so much that it's noticable to others, I would call it a low dose :).

i just took a single hit of the hoffman millenium blotter. i'd consider 1 of these a light dose for me, but people take single hits of it all the time and trip ballz off one.

i do acid like every other day tho so of course i have a tolerance, especially since i took 5 not last night but the night before.

[Don't incriminate yourself]

Last edited by a moderator:
Shambles said:
EDIT - Oops! Just had a little flick through the previous pages and it appears that sub-100ug is a popular low dose. Meh, 100-150 is in the low dose range, I think. As long as it's enough to notice but not so much that it's noticable to others, I would call it a low dose :).
yep. for me, it would be a third or a quarter tab of a freshly laid and otherwise reasonable potency blotter. just enough to lift your mood and provide some stimulation/social lubrication, but not enough to give any dissociation or weirdness. :)

it can give a MAJOR boost to a nightclub situation; the energy and lack of inhibition (while still feeling/acting 'normal') is pretty damn amazing.