• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

Vierailija: just get a scissors and cut the blotter in four. Take one and see what happens. Just as someone mentioned above that blotter is usually reasonably well laid, the same would go for individual paper trips.

I love LSD for its versatility. At one point, when I had a really boring job, sitting behind a computer in an 'office garden' for 9 hours a day, typing like a fucking typing monkey all day, I decided to experiment with the setting instead of the dose. Overdid it a little bit, cause I took a quarter papertrip just before brushing my teeth. After rinsing, I thought I had spit it out so took another quarter just to be sure. I had a quite little secluded corner, with my boss sitting at the other corner of the table. When she arrived at the job half an hour later, she said hi and then mentioned how scruffy I looked. I thought 'fuck, she knows'. Then I realized it was because I hadn't shaven in a week so I did look scruffy indeed. Spent the rest of the day hearing people mention LSD (impossible, really) and trying to not make too much contact with my co workers. It was manageable but not so much fun. I did work quite hard that day though, but it was a bit weird. ;)

LSD in low doses works perfectly as a stimulant by the way!

^^ Yeap, I'll do that. Went asking elsewhere too and got similar advice, people in the know saying the stuff is reasonably well laid.

Not always though, I have some higher dosed blotter and one time I did a quarter I had the effects you're aiming for, and the other time I tripped pretty hard. Going to do the other half this weekend to see where it takes me :D

Just make sure that you don't end up in a situation like Reverend Random haha

Dosing at 5am and going jogging (and watching sunrise) might be a recurring thing for me this summer, that low dose felt better than MDMA IMO. Plus a bit of movement will do my body good

Well man, I've began my venture into the world of low-dose acid now, this probably sounds crazy low to you motherfuckers but I began with 1/9 of a hit - a hit being about 110mcg in this case.

Medication, not recreation :) I have experienced the consequences of not being careful enough. Don't have a trip sitter here... hence the XL (extra-low) dosage.

I was wondering how soon should I go for a bigger dose? I've been reading about the tolerance and some say that tolerance is not so big with low doses. Maybe I'll wait two days and then up the dose?

P.S. I don't think I'm feeling this ~12mcg at all, which is naturally not surprising.

E: Oh, what's Reverend Random?
smiley-blush.png

You should try 3 times that (somewhere along 30ug), that's not even near "I need a sitter" territory if that makes you feel anything. After that I'd titrate up a bit slower because it doesn't seem like you want to be tripping and the line between tripping and that low-dose feeling is fine.

Wow... I take my words back. I fucking felt this. I too thought that the ~12mcg I took wouldn't do anything, just wanted to be very careful. But it did do many things, maybe it was more in reality but anyway, good that I didn't do more.

Around the time of my post above I already noticed an increase in general feeling of well being. I just didn't think it was about LSD, but I tested with music later and I think it was different than normally. Nothing hallucinogenic though. Later on day I just felt somehow a little different, nothing significant. But then.. I had been wondering the whole day why do I need to urinate so often. I peed every hour. So, when going to bathroom once again I decided to check my urine and boy was it clear! Looked like water. I paniced and my pulse went up to 156 and took some time to come down. I can't be sure what caused that but panicing seems like the best explanation. So after I calmed down I felt ok but the need to urinate continued. I've been drinking a lot since that since I've clearly lost a lot of water - a couple of liters just by peeing. Also I've had sharp twinges occurring all over my torso, they're not too bad but quite odd.

The reaction to music showed me that alredy at this low dose this possibly doing part of the medical trick I want it to do, but the physical shit was unexpected. Not too encouraging to get this sick from so small dose... I think I'll wait some days and try this again, same dose. Gotta really digure out how this affects me.

How strange does this sound? Urine going crystal clear from a minimal acid dose? Should I make a thread of this?

People what's your take on tolerance with low-dose LSD? It's not as bad as with high doses? I know a guy who has used low-dose AMT and 2C-D daily for weeks with zero tolerance, I'm wondering if the same works for LSD. I'm starting so low that the effects are hardly noticeable so it's hard to tell just by testing whether the lack of effects is due to tolerance or simply the smallness of the dose.

LSD Tolerance doubles for a few days after you take it if im not mistaken or close to it anyways.. no one should have any sort of tolerance to LSD its not something to take every day or even every week IMO very special chemical low doses are great though as long as a low dose is 1-2 hits(of potent blotter) at least

I still have 27mg of Hydergine, I want to take it for a week again and at the end of the week take 1/2, maybe 1/3 of a blotter (they're not strong i'd probably eat three if I was going to have a proper trip). I'm hoping to possibly upregulate some of my receptors and observe all the positive effects lysergamides can produce for me. Oh yea I'll definitely eat plenty of dark chocolate too so my body will have more monoamines to play with :)

You know, I learned something the other night: dosage does NOT always correspond to the intensity / power of a trip.

I had a single blotter of LSD, from a sheet sold to me as 90 mcg / hit (I trust this figure). And I had the most soul-cleansing, paradigm-shattering, insightful, beautiful trip that I've had in a long, long time. <3 It was leaps and bounds more "powerful" than when I took two hits of this very blotter.

In fact, I'm starting to think that LSD becomes more confusing and disorienting if you dose much higher, which lessens the transformative power of the trip!

You know, I learned something the other night: dosage does NOT always correspond to the intensity / power of a trip.

I had a single blotter of LSD, from a sheet sold to me as 90 mcg / hit (I trust this figure). And I had the most soul-cleansing, paradigm-shattering, insightful, beautiful trip that I've had in a long, long time. <3 It was leaps and bounds more "powerful" than when I took two hits of this very blotter.

In fact, I'm starting to think that LSD becomes more confusing and disorienting if you dose much higher, which lessens the transformative power of the trip!

Awesome to hear. I've had powerful insights and life revelations from, surprisingly, medium doses of shrooms.

How long was your trip? Set/setting? Did you go into it with questions and intentions? How did you integrate the insights post-trip? Got a report? And could use some pointers....

I'm new to LSD, my only psychedelic experience is shrooms.
I'm getting a hold of quality blotters soon.
I will be micro-dosing 10-15 mcg every 2-3 days as nootropic.

I will do a single blotter of around 100-110 mcg at some point. Would love any tips you have to make the best of this. Is a sitter recommended? My life is solid and generally positive and goal-oriented. Just in a bit of a plateau and curious to see what this molecule can open up. Thanks.

Would love any tips you have to make the best of this. Is a sitter recommended? My life is solid and generally positive and goal-oriented. Just in a bit of a plateau and curious to see what this molecule can open up. Thanks.

1. Do not be stressed about bad trip or something like that happening to you. If you are in good/neutral mood, all will be fine.
2. A sitter is recommended, however, if you're planning on dosing just a single blotter, there's not much that can happen to you. HOWEVER, everyones body response to LSD is different, so be careful
3. Do not have anything planned for the day tripping and the day after.. You won't feel the effect the next day, but your mind will be a little off for some time :D.
4. Do not combine it with any other stuff (weed, alcohol etc.) and you're fine.

I wish you the best of luck ;)

How long was your trip?

It lasted quite awhile, because I took another half a blotter after seven or eight hours to extend the duration (which was really nice by the way). I can't say exactly how long it took to wear off.

Set/setting?

It was very warm outside, so I enjoyed an evening walk for the first part, then for the second part, I went home and listened to music in the dark, with headphones. Psychologically, I was generally in a positive mood, but also feeling kind of lost, and confused about where to go next in my life.

Did you go into it with questions and intentions? How did you integrate the insights post-trip?

I went into it with a pretty open mind, just hoping for something positive, like maybe helping me work on some personal issues, or expanding my music appreciation, or anything really. I think it ended up doing both of those, and much more. As far as integration, it's only been a couple days since the trip, so I have yet to fully integrate.

Got a report?

No, but as this was a particularly great trip, I'll probably write one. I'll give you a link if I do.

I will do a single blotter of around 100-110 mcg at some point. Would love any tips you have to make the best of this. Is a sitter recommended?

Well, it's not like you need a sitter to keep yourself from going psychotic and harming yourself or anything. That's not a risk at ~100 mcg, in my opinion. And I'm more of a lone tripper, myself. But, I would recommend tripping with a friend or loved one if it makes you feel more comfortable, certainly!

My personal favorite things to do on LSD:

1. Listen to MUSIC. <3
2. Walk, through quiet and peaceful places, and just absorb the beauty and magnificence of the world, especially nature.
3. Think about deep, philosophical stuff!

But THE #1 most important rule of tripping is... there are no rules! Have fun, go with the flow, do whatever you please, as long as you stay safe!

My life is solid and generally positive and goal-oriented.

Good! Those are three great standpoints from which to trip. :)

Last edited:
Last time I low-dosed, I went for a hike, about a month ago on the Appalachian Trail, low dose of course, because unless I am at a rave or something, I almost always do low dose, because I love to get ten trips or more out of a strip.

When peaking, about 2-4 hours into the trip, I felt like my body was this mechanical robot, and I was a little man inside by head, controlling levers and switches which said to "lift leg up" "put other leg down", very cool trip indeed

Hmm, quite interesting this low dose thing (like 50mics or less). Thing is what I get is liquid at 100mics a drop or their abouts. Any tips on dividing that up? Put it in say six ml of water and stir then take out 3 ml with a syringe? Probably would work - any other thoughts?

Also, how do very low doses effect tolerance. I'm planning on going to a festival soon and I need to get a 5am train to get to the fest at about 5pm. Since their will be music and stuff already on I'd like something to give me a little boost - and I try to keep away from straight stimulants. Would taking say 50mics mean that if a couple of days later I wanted to go for a 300-400 mic trip (no tolerance) I'd have to up my dose significantly?

Hmm, quite interesting this low dose thing (like 50mics or less). Thing is what I get is liquid at 100mics a drop or their abouts. Any tips on dividing that up? Put it in say six ml of water and stir then take out 3 ml with a syringe? Probably would work - any other thoughts?

A micro-dose is sub-threshold with minimal perceptual, sensory, or cognitive changes or distortions. James Fadiman PhD defines a micro-dose as around 10 micrograms of LSD (or one-fifth the usual dose of mushrooms). Start conservative and if it’s too small, you can always add more the next time. Test every three days at first as a baseline and adjust amount and frequency from there while you monitor yourself. Putting a drop in distilled water and dividing it with a syringe or pipette will work. If the crystals in your vial were dissolved in something like vodka, use vodka.

Keep in mind the goals of micro-dosing, it is not to trip in the slightest but tested for sustained intellectual/emotional clarity, creativity boost, sharpened insight, awareness expansion, performance enhancement and whatever else you might discover. Treat it like a supplement/medicine. Go in with curiosity, fun and even a sense of mission that you're helping pave the way for wider and intelligent use of these fine molecules. And micro-dosing isn't for everyone, some may not do well at all (e.g. negatively tampering with emotions).

Google micro-dosing with LSD, psilosybin, mescaline, iboga... tons of discussions out there.

An article that mentions micro-dosing:

http://www.themorningnews.org/article/the-heretic

A chapter from Fadiman's book "The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide" -
Chapter 15: "Can Sub-Perceptual Doses Of Psychedelics Improve Normal Functioning?

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7527/excerpt.gif

Clip from that link:

The Question of Tolerance

I asked a once prominent LSD chemist if the “every three days” regimen like the one “Charles” used was necessary, since it is well known that one cannot take repeated doses of most psychedelics and have them continue to be effective.

His initial reply was, “As far as I can determine, less-than-obvious doses do not cause tolerance, which could argue in favor of benefits from ten a day. I’ d have to test further, but so far I suspect that sub-detectable doses several days in a row cause no tolerance for a similar barely detectable dose the day following. At this sub-detectable level, there is really at most only the tiniest of intimations you took something.”

Last edited:
A micro-dose is sub-threshold with minimal perceptual, sensory, or cognitive changes or distortions. James Fadiman PhD defines a micro-dose as around 10 micrograms of LSD (or one-fifth the usual dose of mushrooms). Start conservative and if it’s too small, you can always add more the next time. Test every three days at first as a baseline and adjust amount and frequency from there while you monitor yourself. Putting a drop in water and dividing it with a syringe or pipette will work. If the crystals in your vial were dissolved in something like vodka, use vodka.

Keep in mind the goals of micro-dosing, it is not to trip in the slightest but tested for sustained intellectual/emotional clarity, creativity boost, sharpened insight, awareness expansion, performance enhancement and whatever else you might discover. Treat it like a supplement/medicine. Go in with curiosity, fun and even a sense of mission that you're helping pave the way for wider and intelligent use of these fine molecules. And micro-dosing isn't for everyone, some may not do well at all (e.g. negatively tampering with emotions).

Very interesting thanks. I guess I was thinking of something near threshold or detectable, but this is also something worth trying. You answered my question on how to split very well as well, thanks a lot.

Now, if I was to go for something a bit more (say 40-50mics) for day one at this festival, any one know what my tolerance would be like 48 hours later? Don't want to be in a situation where I have to waste good acid to get properly high later.

My dose wasn't a real proper low dose, I would say it was around 60-70micrograms. I just enjoy taking around 1 hit of acid usually everytime I dose. The only times I do more would be at a concert/rave. I never feel like I need much more than a hit.

Now, if I was to go for something a bit more (say 40-50mics) for day one at this festival, any one know what my tolerance would be like 48 hours later? Don't want to be in a situation where I have to waste good acid to get properly high later.
With a dose that low, I would say you would only need to take one whole hit MORE than whatever dose you would plan on doing with no tolerance. But, if it isn't strong stuff, take two just to play it safe. Honestly, I would try to find something different to keep up on than a low dose of LSD, that way when you take your cid for an actual trip, you can take a "normal" dose of your choosing, and not worry about tolerance.

I find that no matter what your tolerance level is, it doesn't matter how many more doses you take, that magic isn't there. But that's just me.