• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

Beginning to enjoy low dose

got half a hit under my tounge rihgt now . Ive got plenty of lucy but im in no shape to trip hard today , Its very cool to be able to get a little high that lasts all though the day without the huge commitment one embarks upon taking 2 hits or more of acid.

Last edited:
^ This is why i choose to dose low when i do choose to dose. Much more enjoyable than being far out there so to speak!

Not too big a fan of low doses, I hate being caught in between soberity and an acid trip. I find it brings the 'headfuck' of LSD out a lot more, as you feel more sober than you really are (due to lack of visuals, etc) and as a result get confused when you find things being difficult as you can't grasp why. Reminds me a bit of coming down on acid when you're feeling a bit wired. Plus I find myself getting a bit bored in lower doses, as unless I'm getting giggly there isn't much going on.

I do enjoy say a less than 100ug dose if I'm just sitting in bed with a few bongs, movies and healthy food. But I much prefer having a few tabs under my tongue so I get a few more visuals.

Is there any possibility of getting bad adverse reactions out of ~20-50 mics? Never tried any psychedelic but I would like to give this a try at low dose.

^ Extremely unlikely that you'll get an adverse reaction from such a dose. I've certainly never heard of it. I'd say give it a go. Enjoy. :)

I tried about a third of a hit (for what it's worth, allegedly lab-tested at 54ug) where 1.5 hits was enough for a decent trip, though I don't have much tolerance. Was pleasantly surprised at the good mood, general sociability and perkiness it induced. No anxiety and I wasn't frustrated at the lack of visuals/thoughts. Music still sounded amazing, which was handy as I was going to a space rock gig in the evening, and I didn't fancy fully tripping in a crowded room. Definitely recommended. :)

So I'm going to a Deadmau5 concert at the end of the year and am getting 2 tabs of acid from a buddy (no clue on strength). I have never done acid but have tried mush once and MDMA quite a few times. I'm debating doing a half a tab for the concert and trying something new. Low dose LSD and a deadmau5 cube would be wild but I don't want to freak out either. Half tab, quarter tab or just stick to MDMA?

^ Depends on the tabs, but I'd probably go with a half.

If I were you though I would take one of them on it's own BEFORE the concert and get the feel for it. If you enjoy acid, I would then take 1 on the day roughly 2 hours before the show, then 3 - 4 hours in eat about a point of MDMA. You'll be over the moon :D :D but I wouldn't try this combination until you know that you'll be comfortable with the LSD first.

Had a half a tab like a week ago, it was just what I needed. Spent the night just wandering around the neighbourhood with an old buddy, chatting about life in general after a VERY close call with a brown snake bite in the middle of nowhere at the beginning of the day. A good way to ponder what life means to you and your own mortality in general.

High dose LSD is very enlightening and great on occasion but low doses are so awesome if you want the LSD to aid you in the physical realm, rather than melt you into the ground. I personally would say low dose LSD is my absolute favourite chemical to have coursing through my system.

I have a new thanksgiving tradition of eating a low dose on the way to my parents house for dinner. Not enough to really be tripping per se, but enough for things to be a little brighter, and just a little more special. This year I ate 3/4 of a tab of some moderate strength blotter that I'd dosed from 1.5 to 5 hits of previously while I was out on my new mountain bike riding the trails on the way their house with my coworker and it was absolutely thrilling. I didn't feel that I was at any disadvantage at all other than riding a little slower and not trying to hit the most difficult features.
Low doses are great with all day physical activities, its like a psychedelic coffee. Better yet, its 8-12 Hour Energy®, it keeps you alert and focused on pertinent stimuli with more stamina and less jitters than coffee or energy drinks

does anyone remember the insane hoffman blotter that was around for awhile? those were so strong that it was almost 3 or 4 hits combined.?? i devided these into 1/4 hits and did them and had that giant head feeling but never got lost. im married and my wife likes to give me shit, but when i did it that way i wass allways there but still had fun. eventually i would allways seep back into the deeep trip. i love the body high just a little lsd can give you, i can feel it in my teeth and my mouth.

Ah I forgot about this thread. I've tried acid at a low dose. I can't tell you what that dose was, but I had threshold effects.

Me and a friend walked around the forest, it was lovely. Although I had no visuals or even a discernible brightening of colours, things looked extra special.My mood was consistently good throughout the day and I felt really at peace. I noticed something very interesting... although I didn't get the classic LSD giggles as such, when my mate told me a funny story I absolutely pissed myself, I suspect much more than I would have done 'sober' (I write that as such because the state felt like enhanced sobriety) In the evening I watched Spirited Away, had a long phone conversation with a good friend (a girl I really really liked and is now my girlfriend), and later on I got a surprise call from my mother, asking for advice (she does this). I felt more clear-headed and able to offer sounder advice than normal.

Low dose acid is great. Just one of the many reasons why it'll always be my favourite drug.

Is the acid usually evenly distributed on the blotter? Is it reliable to just cut a piece out of it if someone wants to use low dose LSD or is liquid measurement needed?

depends a little on who did the actual laying of the acid on the blotter. some people do it themselves, putting drops of liquid on each blotter.... thats arguably less reliable than what more professional large scale operations do, where they soak the paper in a vat of liquid.

for what its worth, in my experience, the blotters are rather ok-ish laid, in that even if its not that evenly spread, the doses involved are small already so if a whole square holds supposedly 100ug, and half should hold 50, ive found that variations, while they do occur, are never that extreme (say, finding all the acid in just one half of the blotter).

there are some blotters though that are notoriously unevenly laid. one has to do some basic research on this before going all out.

depends a little on who did the actual laying of the acid on the blotter. some people do it themselves, putting drops of liquid on each blotter.... thats arguably less reliable than what more professional large scale operations do, where they soak the paper in a vat of liquid.

for what its worth, in my experience, the blotters are rather ok-ish laid, in that even if its not that evenly spread, the doses involved are small already so if a whole square holds supposedly 100ug, and half should hold 50, ive found that variations, while they do occur, are never that extreme (say, finding all the acid in just one half of the blotter).

there are some blotters though that are notoriously unevenly laid. one has to do some basic research on this before going all out.

Ok, I guess I'll go with the liquid then since I have no idea how the blotter is laid. Thanks for the input.

I'm confused as to what is considered a high dose vs a weak dose? I've only dropped once before, I took one, my roommate (her first time too) took 3. Neither of us tripped super hard.

What form of LSD would be the most controllable? (e.g. stripes, liquid eye drops, etc?)

I'm not into tripping really but I have to say low doses really kick ass. I've been fairly depressed lately and a lot going on in my life, but LSD seems like a brilliant anti-depressant at low doses, also it drops my anxiety to zero with this feeling of clarity you all now. I became a fan instantly. I'm not sure if I should take a full dose cause i'm mentally unstable and not sure if I could handle it, I have a history of panicking on weed etc but i'm still kind of interested.

Start small, take breaks of a month or more, get your diet, fitness and personal relationships where you want them to be, don't be in a position to receive bad news whilst tripping (set and setting) and you can mitigate a lot of the risks.

Any excessive paranoia should be watched and don't stack your drugs but if you are mentally unstable than any one particular drug could trigger something.

You can't go wrong with self improvement (look for little ways to make your life faster/easier with or without psychedelics).

Hey! I would like to try low-dose LSD (25-50 mcg) but all the blotter bits I'm able to obtain contain presumambly at least 100 mcg of the drug. I've been reading that you can divide hits but how well does that work in practice? If I have an LSD hit of, say, 100 mcg and I divide it to four equal parts, isn't it quite likely that the different parts contain very different amounts of LSD? I assume that people making LSD blotters don't waste time on placing the stuff exactly in the middle of the square, but it's just an assumption. Not that it needs to be extremely precise, but for my medical purposes I don't want to get all psychedelic :) So what do you know about this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Man this thread gets me thinking of the good times and all the wierd times I use L for social enhancement. Sometimes it went great but sometimes I would chime in with some super wierd shit lol.

After a long history with L I dont even need a small dose for social enhancement.

But would be good research