PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

I have only recently become interested in lsd
(mainly due to it being hard to come by, for me anyway) :\

my mates and i had one tab each the other weekend
and although this was probably not a very "low dose"
i still felt completely in control and had an amazing time, with clear-headedness
i could still communicate and felt that the day was almost perfect

however the next week i took 2 tabs and had a relatively more intense trip (more visually orgasmic) ;)
both were amazing times

i could see myself "mini-dosing" occassionally for an interesting day :)
however, i still love full-blown trips (probably moreso, the mind is a wonderous place)

hoping to get my hands on some liquid soon
...and possibly candyflip :D
gotta love MDxx
haha

^good combo MDxx and LSD. Just make sure you cut your dose of each by about 1/3 because they really potentiate each other. Have fun candyflipping :)

In appreciation of this thread, I thought today is a wonderful day to take low dose ;)

I was doing some research to see if I should split a tab into four and try it that way because it has been a long time since I did acid and I had an experience where I was on the edge from 3 hits. I later on did only a couple of hits and had a more level experience.

But last year a friend of mine gave me a sack full of shrooms and bits and I wanted to add to this thread because I saw the question of psilocybin come up on the first page. Well I decided to start popping just one 1" round cap at a time last year and it worked as an amazing anti-depressant and had very MDMA-like effects. Not to say that I was depressed, but shrooms can definitely be a social drug when taken in small amounts like I was.

If I decide to do it, I think I will go with a quarter tab at first.

One sweet tart which contained 90-100 micrograms,(rough estimate) even in this low of a dose, instilled pure and raw emotion in the user. As a good friend entered our circle, anxiety and confusion set in. She talked and talked, about her job and about all the bullshit associated with working with young adults. I became unsettled to the point where I knew I just couldn't take it, I calmly informed everyone how I was feelings. "Is it me?" She asks, staring right at me. I feel as if she can see right through me, see all the bad things about me, I become nervous and say "I'm not trying to be a dick, man." She decides she will leave, because she understands the situation. I look down, and ponder to myself, and I felt so much anger over what I had just done, I begin to feel extremely sad, and worried I have affected our relationship. My other friend, calmly asks, "where are you at man?" I was comforted to hear someone cared about me, even after I did something like that.(I was taking it pretty hard, lol) "I'm mad at myself, I shouldn't have said that." My friend could sense I was pretty upset, and she reassured me it was okay. I wondered about what I had just went through, and quietly thanked the energies at work for letting me experience something so raw, pure, and genuine.

I still had three doses left, I am excited. :D

Last edited:
My low dose experience took place today and it was interesting and insightful.

I started out with 1/8 and then ate the other bit of the 1/4 after deciding that 1/8 was not enough. I peaked early, had a heavy onset of goofy acting and giggling, and lights and sounds were having a profound effect on me. Sunlight was particularly beautiful and serene, even if it was coming from a movie playing on my monitor. I felt like laying down on my bed a couple of times, mostly around the same time while peaking from each 1/8 hit. A car drove by with the system blasting and it felt like it was inside my head.

My experience in the outside world on the downswing of the trip (a couple of hours after taking the second half of the 1/4) were fairly normal--able to drive, communicate, and buy a couple of burgers without trouble. I had a feeling of being on the edge for a while there though and it lasted longer than I expected.

So far though, I feel that psilocybin is more manageable in lower doses and I'm quite intrigued by those of you who see LSD as giving you a more 'natural' overall feeling.

Can someone here answer a quick question for me?

I want to take a low dose of acid right now, but I'm not sure how much will be too much for just chilling out and not being noticeably high. Two tabs of this blotter sent me on a +++/++++ trip (closer to 4) a few weeks ago. Will one tab be good, or should I take a half?

And will the "trip" be shorter in length? (again, like most everyone else in this thread, I don't intend to actually trip but enjoy LSD at a lower dose)

Thank you!

My opinion is that a full-tab of common strength LSD lasts for 12-hours, a half tab is more around the 6-hour mark

Light LSD trips are my favorite, I still get the mindspace and "tripping" feeling without any of the headphuck large doses can be.

My opinion is that a full-tab of common strength LSD lasts for 12-hours, a half tab is more around the 6-hour mark

I've tripped many times, and have never noticed much correlation between amount taken and duration. I mean, give or take an hour or two, but a full six hours? The effects of LSD last a certain amount of time, give or take a small amount given on dose (unless you dose super high). Half the dose = half the time is not true IMO.

Hello everyone! I hope I can get a quick answer on this, cause I'm really on it. Can I get something good out of a 1/4 blotter or is it a waste of paper? I have no earlier experience whatsoever of psychedelics and don't feel well enough to go throught a real trip - I want to start carefully.

Opinions?

^ It really depends on the strength of the blotter you are taking, if its in the 200ug range and you take a quarter of it then 50mics should feel quite nice and still be a fun, light, easy trip. So you would have to take half of a 100ug blotter to get those same effects. I really like doing low doses , The ganesha blotters from last year are very active at a quarter tab and is enough to have me tripping real nice and give me a great energy and body high. A half of one is a real sweet trip and a full one is very groovy tripping:)

Fuck low dose LSD trips, I think once you dose enough high doses of acid it sets a bar, and that's where you wanna get to each trip. JMO

Greenstar: I see. Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately the only thing I know about my blotter is that it has blue/purple and turquoise dots on it. Is that familiar? I got it from a girl who is well experienced, so at least this is real LSD.

However, I will try the quarter a sunny day ahead and hope for the best. :)

I've tried low dose LSD before as a stimulant before work. It was okay. Not as good as AMT ! Now there is a good low dose drug. I thought a low dose of LSD was still pretty trippy. I felt a little bit loopy, not the kind of energy I wanted exactly, but I was defintely awake. I think I will stick to eating 2-3 hits at a time...or however many is required for a full on trip. I wonder how 2C-T-7 would do as a low dose stimulant.

Fuck low dose LSD trips, I think once you dose enough high doses of acid it sets a bar, and that's where you wanna get to each trip. JMO

Well it depends on what you plan on doing after you dose. If you have shit to do, socialize, or if you just need to be stimulated without being tripped out then low dose acid is great. But if you are looking for a full on trip then of course a low dose trip is not what you are seeking.

I found a low dose LSD trip potentiated nitrous as much as a higher dose, but was clearer and with less confusion. More vivid if you like. Had some of my most memorable nos trips with this combo!

What's tolerance like for everyone?

I took a whole hit a couple of nights ago, my first time tripping in about two weeks, and it went by pretty quick, after a couple hours I felt pretty normal, except some giggles later on when trying to sleep (about 7 hours later).

I just took a half hit at around midnight and I haven't felt much but just the slight weirdness, a bit of extra happiness and an increased effect from lights.

Feels like tolerance, like now I have to go 2 hits minimum if I do it again within the next couple of weeks (about to take the other half hit soon, might as well).