• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Storage & Stability

It would be fine for two weeks. Even long-term (ie: 6+ months) that method would be fine for storage in the fridge/freezer. There is some isomerization(is that the right word to use?) of the active molecule(d-LSD) to l-(iso)-LSD after extended storage but as long as it's in cold/dark conditions it can stay good for a long time.

Two weeks? You'll be fine.

In an opaque glass container with the tabs wrapped in foil and put into a fridge or freezer, LSD can last for a year or two without losing much, if any potency.

I keep mine in a plastic baggie in a cupboard in the dark. They keep for years like that.

That is all.

Probably not a good idea where I live as its about 40 degrees celcius every day, but if its not particularly hot I dont see it being a problem.

My friend has been obtaining acid by the bulk, and he says he's told this acid has different alkaloids that require different storage. He says he's told that instead of storing it in tin foil, it should be stored in plain paper. It's definitely LSD though as I've eaten it a few times, but is his connect just being stupid? I personally still think it should be stored in tin foil, but I'd like to hear everybody's opinion.

"Acid" or LSD is a semi-synthetic alkaloid. It is singular, i.e one semi-synthetic alkaloid...not alkaloids.

LSD should be stored in the cold, free from air and moisture.

free from moisture? I've never heard this or ever experienced a problem with storing it in a freezer, which is obviously quite humid. But yes, away from heat away from light. and it doesn't matter what you put it in, it just so happens that tin foil restricts large changes in heat and also keeps out light.

Tell him to ask his dealer WHY it should be stored in plain paper, then have him tell you so you can tell us. This way I can get a really good laugh from somebody attempting to bullshit their way through complex chemistry.

Just keep it out of heat and light and you'll be good.

Yeah, I know the proper storage methods, but I was wondering if he had a point about having it wrapped in paper instead of tin foil for THIS particular batch. Anyway, it's already in tin foil in a cool, dry, dark place. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that there is no science behind that.
The foil's there just to stop light, and to a lesser extent air and moisture.
All 3 of which are done by paper, but to a lesser extent, and paper offers nothing in the way of chemical storage that foil doesn't.

Also, there's only one true Acid. There are other similar psyches that might need either more or less stringent storage methods, but as paper is only a disadvantage on foil for storage purposes, it doesn't seem likely that paper would offer any advantage.

The best way I've stored (kept it good for a good 6 months) was in a piece of paper, folded over (taped, but that doesnt matter), with tin foil around it, then sealed in a melted plastic baggie. Then put in a container and closed and kept in freezer.

free from moisture? I've never heard this or ever experienced a problem with storing it in a freezer, which is obviously quite humid.

Cold doesn't mean humid. Remember the driest place on Earth is Antarctica!

Cold doesn't mean humid. Remember the driest place on Earth is Antarctica!

I know this, however, freezers (especially mine) are humid. especially when you open the door, the humidity pours in

yeah, I guess it's probably the humidity in the freezer that causes freezer-burn?

but anyway, maybe the "free from moisture" is just an added precaution and maybe refers to extremely long storage times (several years).

sweet tarts

ate some lsd for the first time in awhile. We gotn the doses and they were on sweet tarts lol, never heard of that one but it definatly became the trip topic for awhile. Low grade acid it was a good mellow trip. My question is putting a dose on cubes orsweetarts ect reduce the potencey/

It can reduce the potency of the LSD dropped on the sugar-object if stored for a while. This happens because a greater amount of oxygen is allowed to circulate around the present LSD-molecules (causing deterioration due to oxidation of some part of the molecule into something different).

So i had some hits of paper stored for 3 months in 2 baggies in foil in a plastic container in the back of a clock on a brick wall....and you know what NOOO loss in potency if not seemed to be stronger (uneven layed paper perhaps) either way great times were had last friday night :) 8):D=D;)%)