PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Storage & Stability

Hewhomustnotbenamed

Bluelighter
LSD storage question.

Link To Big & Dandy (General) Storage Thread

I know their have been a shitload of these types of threads, but I have a specific question that I need answered.

Say that one was storing blotter in a zip lock bag in a non airtight container in the fridge. Would moisture be a problem? If so, is there anything that can be done to remedy the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not just use an airtight container, they're not that hard to come by you know. Any glass jar with some rubber used for isolation will work. Also I would recommend adding some dried epsom salt which will adsorb any moisture that gets into the jar when it is opened.

These simple jars with a ring of rubber at the opening works perfectly with some dried epsom salt in them:

4_Piece_Set_Airtight_Glass_Jar.jpg

Last edited:
plastic bags will definitely let moisture through. You'd be better off storing it in your desk drawer, where there is not so much ambient moisture. Better yet, get a small, brown glass vial and store it in that, frozen.

Moisture isn't that big a problem compared to the main reason for LSD degrading ie temp it's stored at. Anyway, if you store LSD at say -18'C (average freezer operating temp), the amount of water vapour in te air is negligable.

Every drop of 10'C doubles the effective life of the LSD (an increase of 10'C generally doubles the rate of any chemical reaction and LSD degredation is subject to the same chemical kinetics as it is due to a conversion to the more stable d-isoLSD). Compared with storage at room temp (say 22'C), storing it in a freezer extends the life of LSD 16 fold

lsd blotter paper storage

okay so im supposed to get some lsd soon, and my friend wants to save his for a like a month. Is this okay to do? and if it is, what's the best storage method?
im thinking a cool dry dark place in a baggie with no oxygen

^ I taped a sheet to the bottom of my produce drawer in foil...it stayed fine..it wasn't around long though

there's a million threads on this so i'd do a search. buttttt the ideal storage is in the freezer in an airtight container with foil around the acid. cool, dry, and dark is the key so you got it. and you can store it for way more than a month fyi.

... in before close

If you keep wrapped in foil and in the freezer the lsd could very well outlive both you and your friend ;)

Should be fine for a month.

Put it in a little colored tube or opaque sealable container with some desiccant crystals in it, fill with compressed "I'can't believe it's not air" dust-off gas (to displace the oxygen) and quickly seal. Then chuck in the back of the freezer. That should keep it nice and anti-oxidized.

I wouldn't put it in a fridge or freezer because of possible moisture.

I would wrap the tab(s) in foil, then wrap it in seran wrap, then put it inside of a book, and put the book on a bookshelf, or in the closet, or somewhere cool/dry.

in an amber vial, dessicant, and in the freezer. Keeps a long time.

alternately, in your drawer in a piece of foil also keeps a surprisingly long time.

there is a B&D storage thread and a B&D basic acid questions thread

LSD Storage Question (Not found through the search engine)

Hey all,

I'm sorry to be posting another LSD storage question, but I couldn't seem to find an answer through the search engine.

So this past Easter, March 23rd, I was home from school and bought a 10 strip from an old friend. I didn't want to bring it back to school with me because my roommate doesn't really have an open mind when it comes to drugs. Plus I don't plan on using any of it until the summer. So my best bet was to store it somewhere at my house.

So I carefully wrapped it up in tin foil and hid it inside the booklet of a DVD case. The DVD case is now in my closet, which is probably around room temperature. I know it would have been better to keep the tin foil inside an airtight container and then in a freezer, but that wasn't really an option at the time.

So do you think this will be sufficient enough? I'm kinda worried about it getting damaged, which would be a bummer because it was supposedly fairly potent. I'm going to be home in the beginning of May, which will then give me the opportunity to make adjustments. I'll probably invest in a mini refridgerater with a built-in freezer for my room. But until then, do you think it will be okay?

I had ate a tab that had been sitting in my friend's car door in a plastic baggy for 2 years. I tripped balls. Yours is probably fine.

yeh i kind of had the same question, i wasnt sure whether to store mine in tinfoil in my cupboard or just in the freezer with tinfoil

its all right man. Your LSD will be good to go.

Definitely get the freezer thing if you're gonna store it longterm.

Wouldn't want any preciousness to escape that tasty snack =D

Tiny amounts of degradation may occurr, but keep it dark and stable temp, it should be fine. A search would defintely have revealed this...

LSD storage

If one were to obtain lsd dripped on smarties and they are wrapped in tinfoil put in a bag and then into a jar and kept in a cool place but not in a refrigerator would she last. How long? Would it be okay to leave for two weeks?