• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD subthread] - Set & Setting Considerations

SO HAPPY I FOUND ACID + a few questions

ok i wanted to try acid for the longest time but not one of my connects new how to get it so i gave up on it. then today out of the blue one of my connects tells me hes gonna get acid strips over the weekend MY heart exploded with euphoria. he chargin 10$ a hit i know thats alot when it comes to acid but im willing to pay what ever
now i have a few questions

1.since its my first time would i trip of half a hit or should i just take the whole thing

2. if i take the acid at 8 at night will i be able to sleep at like 4 in the mourning then wake up at around 10-11 in the daytime and be sober

3. when i take X my eyes stay dilated till the next day is it the same on acid

and finally 4. will i be able to control myself like if the trip gets a lil scary can i just remind myself that im on acid and and its not real so i should just enjoy it

sorry for long read but im exited to try it Thanks for your help

1. a whole hit should be fine. This is your first time you wanna make the most of it I assume :D
2. If you're sold authentic lsd, probably. If you're sold DO*, probably not.
3. Hard to say. Sometimes my eyes stay bugged out and sometimes they dont.
4. If you're worried, have someone with you to sort of watch out for you(called a "trip sitter")

Hope you have a good time man try to write a trip report =D

the OP have pretty much answered your questions o i have a question about acid myself. if 1-2 hits is wrapped snugly in tin foil and placed inside a pair of headphones (wedged betten the pad that goes on your ear and the inner plastic) will it be safe/not degrade?

Take an entire tab. There's no reason to take half a hit... you'll just half-trip. In fact, for a 'full' acid trip I'd recommend a minimum of two tabs, but since this is your first time I suggest dropping only one.

If you drop at 8 P.M. you'll probably be able to crash by 4 A.M., and you'll definitely be sober by 10, but I still recommend against tripping if you have any serious plans the next day. IME a night of tripping is preceded by a very tired and burnt out day.

Don't know about the eye dilation.

If you're in a comfortable environment, there's virtually nothing to worry about. I doubt you'll encounter a part of the trip that is "scary" - the only negative feeling I've had tripping on LSD is a sort of baseless anxiety (e.g. I'm not actually afraid of anything, and I'm fully aware that I'm not in any peril, but there still is a persistent feeling of anxiety). Nothing insane, though. I've always had anxiety issues, as well.

Just go with the flow, listen to your favorite music, and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! =D <3 Please report back after you trip - I'd love to hear how it went...

one thing i forgot to mention
im not gonna have a trip setter
As long as you've got your head on straight for the most part, you'll be totally fine without a sitter - especially on only one tab.

I dropped a tab or two when i had a staph infection around my eye causing it to swell shut....

Granted i was also on some steroids and darvocet to bring down the swelling/pain.... All in all it was a good trip, did it at night and saw a shooting star flash across the sky... That made me happy...

I think it would have been far better to have waited. Any drug that keeps you up and about for an extended period of time tends to give your immune system a battering, thus giving whatever is lurking around in your bloodstream a chance to regroup and cause havoc all over again. Is it really worth it for 8-12 hours of psychedelic fun, to be laden with the lurgy again for who knows how long?

Nah.

1.since its my first time would i trip of half a hit or should i just take the whole thing

take a full hit, or two... My first time i tripped with a friend and we bought 3 and did 1.5, it was great...

2. if i take the acid at 8 at night will i be able to sleep at like 4 in the mourning then wake up at around 10-11 in the daytime and be sober
4am? you might be able to fight to sleep but in my experience that's where things start to get into a bit of a headfuck... that's about the point in the trip where i usually get comfortable in my bed, put on some beatles and close my eyes, CEVs and the general emotions get intense... you will definitely be sober by 10 though... I would save it for a time when you have nothing planned, after my first acid trip i was shaken up....

3. when i take X my eyes stay dilated till the next day is it the same on acid
Pupils will generally go down in size by the time your sober...

and finally 4. will i be able to control myself like if the trip gets a lil scary can i just remind myself that im on acid and and its not real so i should just enjoy it

As far as this its best to just try and avoid a bad trip than to try and get out of one...

Set and setting are important especially when your new to psychs, do it in a good mindset and in a good setting without people your going to worry about.

Trip with a friend your first time, you can talk about things that come across your mind and when shit is flooding your mind you will probably want an outlet of some source... I love tripping by myself, by for the first time its best with a friend....

Before the trip write on a sheet of paper "i am on LSD, i took this drug and its making me feel the way i am, things will be back to normal by the time the sun comes up" or something along those lines... Anyone could tell you that you took something and its making you feel this way, but being able to read it in your own handwriting tends to be more comforting...

If something is starting to bother you, try and get away from it whether its something physical or mental... Physical is easy, change the setting by going outside for a while or if your outside try going inside... Mental can be a little more involved... Thoughts and feelings will be strong, bad thoughts and feelings suck, but the good news is the attention span on acid is relatively short.... Find something to think about, i have heard of a method being used that is pretty simple... Hold your thumb and index finger apart and try and put all of your thoughts into defining a distance between the two fingers... To a sober mind the answer would be about 6 inches... To a tripping mind, you might ask yourself "what is an inch or any measurement of distance? well the metric system is based on a set unit, maybe i should try and figure it out in centimeters, now where did i leave my ruler?" and that train of thought kind of keeps your attention on something and by the time you decide on an answer or get distracted you have probably forgotten whatever was bothering you in the first place....

I have never had a bad trip, my first acid trip i felt insane... So many thoughts and revelations were flowing into my brain, and i had that megalomaniac feeling of knowing everything... Erowid list that as a negative, i think the feeling of being all knowing kind of remarkable... Thinking about it i couldn't remember what sanity even was or felt like, but i managed to just tell myself "its the drug, whatever sanity was i was ok with it and it will be back by the time the sun comes up".... That first trip shook me to the core, it was the most intense and life changing trip i have ever had...

I like to use the sun as a measurement of time while tripping. You will learn that time is a very relative thing, hours can and probably will seem like days... 2 hours into a trip can feel like it should all be over soon but your not even really peaking yet...

I really do hope you can get even a fraction of what i have gotten from this wonderful chemical... It changed my life for the better, i discovered happiness from the very first time.... Most will say that afterglow fades, but if it impacts you enough it can change your perspective on things forever... For me it was the happiest experience of my life, the trip was like an atom bomb of happy going off in my head, the leftover radiation of happy is there for a long time...

I think it would have been far better to have waited. Any drug that keeps you up and about for an extended period of time tends to give your immune system a battering, thus giving whatever is lurking around in your bloodstream a chance to regroup and cause havoc all over again. Is it really worth it for 8-12 hours of psychedelic fun, to be laden with the lurgy again for who knows how long?

Nah.

This reminds me of why i dont like to share water...

NYE was my first rave, feeling just fine with my health... Through the night did 4 pills, shared lots of water, stayed up and danced all night long...

I was sick for almost 15 days after... Sore throat, sore neck and back, headaches, nose running, a bad cough, and fever...

cool and i dont have anything to do the next day but is the crash hard like on ecstasy

for me te "crash" is very gradual and more of a lesseing of effects than a crash. the worst part is being mainly baseline trying to sleep but still feeling the body energy. otherwise its really gentle.

i typically bank on these numbers:

10 hours before i can drive
12 hours before i can sleep

fuck half a tab. do 1 if that's all you can afford. i recommend 2.

will you be able to control yourself? trips can go north or south in a heartbeat. it's also generally easy to stabilize them if you just remind yourself that you're on acid and try to consciously involve yourself in another subject or task that deviates from negativity. in a few minutes you'll forget all about what just happened and be on your way to good times.

havent tried it and with what i've experienced thus far with acid (~25-30 trips), i'll never dose while sick.

for me, acid has a very pronounced effect on my mucus membranes. i get sniffly, runny nose, increased saliva production, etc. so this would probably just make the cold worse.

oh and also my friend told me not to look in the mirror because ill see the devil or something like that is that true

The only drugs I enjoy doing while sick is smoking smallish amounts of cannabis. It really helps me feel better especially if I have any problems with nausea.
I've had the oppertunity to trip while sick but I decided against it. There are better times for such things.

Merged in (confusingly so) some LSD questions

Aye, I've got a cold right now, just mild, but I certainly won't be tripping. Smoking pot yes :)

for me, acid has a very pronounced effect on my mucus membranes. i get sniffly, runny nose, increased saliva production, etc. so this would probably just make the cold worse.

Same here. Alot of mucus seems to develop and it feels like it sits in my throat/chest.

oh and also my friend told me not to look in the mirror because ill see the devil or something like that is that true

You'll see all sorts of strange things in a mirror - it's not frightening, though. It's rather fascinating... I would encourage messing about with a mirror, if you're interested in the visual aspect of tripping. :)

Just respect the drug and its power, and you'll be fine.