• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD subthread] - Set & Setting Considerations

^^ HAHA
Well i decided to take two dewey lucy drops about 200mics probably and it was actually a lotta fun! Acid acts as a great intermediary if you use it as such. My significant other knows about my cannabis consumption but keeping the psychonautical adventures out of the limelight is better. Nice L.

I've done it many times on a wide variety of psychedelics when I was younger. These days I reserve the higher doses for when what I'm doing with the uniformed sober people of the group is event focused rather than interpersonally focused. It's much easier to get away with in these types of situations. Otherwise I stick to doses that are subjectively less intense than I imagine the typical intolerant person's experience of 200 - 250 ug of LSD is.

This has included things like going to haunted houses or laser tag when I was younger and tandem extreme sports-type stuff or public theaters more recently. Tripping around others without them knowing isn't ideal, but if you chase experiential intensity it's often a necessary evil. For me, the most important part of keeping it enjoyable has always been only engaging in activities where I'm not expected to have to exert nuanced control during the event, physically or mentally. When I've dosed at parties or in other more closely interactive situations I've gotten "are you high?"-type comments or astonished looks in reaction to something trippy or unexpected that I've said. Avoid these type of situations. My significant other knows to look for dilated pupils and can tell when I've smoked cannabis before I tell her about 1/3 of the time. Anyone who knows you intimately will be suspicious of something if you repeatedly trip in their presence without informing them.

Word. I agree... that's some funny shit though

Have done at a party with a heap of strangers who didnt notice but then only had one tab although it was a decent one and most of them were drunk.

Duddddddeeee....

I've done LSD at school .
I've also done it in a 6hour car ride to the states with my family ( border crossing was intresting )

also done it at home at night . Couldn't sleep so I was wondering around the house , my mom gets up and starts talking to me . Wow it was hard to act sober lol.

But yeah it's fun . Just don't get caught . And don't do ur first time like that either

I don't do this a lot anymore, but I do trip in public/at parties a lot. At this point, I know that any strange behavior from me in public generally gets written off as drunkeness or completely overlooked. I don't really worry about it, so I don't do anything to sabotage myself.

I would never take a strong dose of a psychedelic around loved ones and not mention it though. I don't think it's fair to them, they might say or do or expect something that they wouldn't if they knew my vulnerable state of mind.

However, in my world I never know when other people might be tripping, so I try to always treat people as if they could be...

I've done this on two different occasions. The first time I was on a field trip to go see a 4 acre greenhouse that grows seedlings into plugs. I'm a horticulture major so it was really cool to see how such a big house ran its operations. I felt like the LSD made me appreciate what was going on even more than i normally would have. I tripped the entire day and i never had a problem. I even sat next to the professor on the trip back to school and we just had a long in depth discussion about the greenhouse industry and he never suspected i was tripping.

The other time i went to the Georgia Aquarium with my family, which was also really awesome. The only hard part about that day was that we went out to eat and i didn't really have an appetite so i had to force down half a sandwich otherwise they would have known something was up. That wasn't too hard though.

As long as you don't tell people you are tripping and you can act fairly normal while tripping you really shouldn't have a problem. There is always room for the unknown though. keep your doses low and your wits about you and you should be just fine %)

i feel having to hide the fact that you're tripping will only stear your trip in the wrong direction.

I think you should wait till you can trip without having to worry about hiding it

Personally, when I trip around people who do not support it (some family, friends, police!) my thoughts begin to spiral down to negatives. Had the worst body load/mindfucks when my mom lived with me. I guess it just depends

Can you write while on LSD? I wanted to take a pen and a notebook with me, 200mcg. I'll be mostly with friends. Would I have problems travelling around by train?

Can you write while on LSD? I wanted to take a pen and a notebook with me, 200mcg. I'll be mostly with friends. Would I have problems travelling around by train?

You should be able to write, but you might become preoccupied with other things. I try to not plan my LSD trips, I find are fun if I simply 'go with the flow'. Are your friends dropping as well?

Being able to handle public transport depends on your experience with psychedelics, your knowledge of the public transport system and you're mindset while your on LSD. If you have experience with LSD, you should be alright. However, in general I tend to dislike dealing with sober people/strangers on psychedelics and I prefer to be in comfortable environment where I don't have to bother about anything.

I have dealt with the NYC subway system during the day and late night with on lsd and mushroom, along with pot. Usually, I was travelling to or from Madison Square Garden or the club Wetlands Preserve, places I was extremely familiar with travelling to by subway. Being aware of service disruptions, which usually occur after midnight, is key. Also, have an alternative way home that you can afford if you end up just too wasted or tired is good planning. I always had cab fare home as a backup plan.
Oh, when I travelled to other cities and tripped, I always had a business card from the hotel i was staying at to make sure I got back w/o confusion.

[original post:]

I'm just curious, what music do you guys like to listen to while tripping? Something that REALLY stands out.

I'm excited! I want to hear more stories from you guys.

Hi! I just got done reading through this whole thread and surprisingly enough didn't see too many music suggestions for you. Here are a few favorites of mine when on the voyage
Dead Can Dance
The Doors: soft parade or some of his poetry stuff
King Crimson
Curtis Mayfield
Pink Floyd
Beck :Mutations
Elliot Smith
Fleet Foxes
Band of Horses
Red House Painters
The Grails
This Will Destroy You
Mark Lanegan
Sigur Rios
Iron and Wine :the newer albums
Califone-this ALWAYS puts me in a great mind set
Low
Sun Kill Moon
Tom Waits
Mogwai-if you can handle the intense intense build up before the lull..
The Legendary Pink Dots/TearGarden/Edward Ka-spel...if you're feeling the need for a VERY introspective trip
TOOL
God Speed you Black Emperor
Then for the come down or after the peak some
Grateful Dead
Furthur
String Cheese
ANY BLUEGRASS
Yonder Mountain String Band

For the peak I would much rather have something completely instrumental, but that's because I tend to give the lyrics more meaning than they ought to have..just the way my mind works with these substances.
Happy voyages all!

I'm going to drop acid really soon for the first time. The problem is that I don't have many options... I live with my parents. I can either drop it and go to school or drop it late at night around 9-10 o'clock. Weekends are out of the question for a while. So, get back to me. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

-ThaDoktor63

P.S. Also... would it be worth even considering dropping in the middle of the night if I'd be alone in my room in the dark?

I'm going to drop acid really soon for the first time. The problem is that I don't have many options... I live with my parents. I can either drop it and go to school or drop it late at night around 9-10 o'clock. Weekends are out of the question for a while. So, get back to me. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

-ThaDoktor63

P.S. Also... would it be worth even considering dropping in the middle of the night if I'd be alone in my room in the dark?

Hey ThaDoktor,

While it's not an ideal setting, when I lived with my parents I had several very rewarding trips in my room after they went to bed, including my first trip. But be aware that acid lasts a long time, and you will probably still be tripping at school if you take it on a school night! Certainly, tripping alone in your room will be a much better setting than tripping at school, unless you plan to just pretend to go to school and then ditch all your classes or something.

Good music, and good films are a must for tripping in your room. Also a nice walk even just out the front stops you from feeling like your trapped in a box, sometimes with LSD my surroundings just get inside me and it's too much, I like to have a few different environments to switch between.

Also if you're doing it on a school night, expect no sleep. Last time I dropped around the time you mentioned (9 - 10pm) I didn't even get close to sleeping until 8:30, 9am.

Aporia, seems our spam shield flagged your post for some reason. Fixed and unhid it :) Nice music selection.