• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD subthread] - Set & Setting Considerations

ive taken some mushrooms in the winter we were just chillin on my boys back porch and he lives in this real secluded woody area and there was just like this little roof over our heads out there where we werent getting snowed on it was bomb. But we were still freezing haha

It's not acid :\, but I took 2C-E many times while it was snowing in a really interesting location. I mostly stayed inside for those trips, but I was a transplant from a warmer region and ill-prepared for the winter. Nevertheless, I too can recommend tripping during a snowfall. Falling snow is beautiful, tripping or not.:D

i had one very long trip in the snow.. at one point i may have seen the most beautiful thing in my life just gazing down at the snow covered street.. just one of those times where everything goes purple and wavy you feel like you have seen the face of god..
we walked for miles and miles around and outside of my small town.. we tried to make a fire in the woods, but that was a flop.. by the end we were tired and our feet were numb, but it was quite an adventure..
snow makes an excellent backdrop for vivid color visuals..!!

i want acid.. soon.... now..!!

I've gone sledding and skiing tripping while it snowed, as well as just on walks. It's all great. The highlight for me is the sensation I get from watching a field of white glittering points as deep as the sky falling in synchrony. It's better a night, and if there's little or no wind, as the snow blows around too fast to track the patterns otherwise. I also enjoy places where there are towering lights beaming down, or lit stretches of distance like quiet empty lots, the edge of a lake within a city, a walk bridge over the darkness of a still flowing river, or a long straight trail through a park. Pay attention to the swirls at the meetings of walls, and the tiny rivulets that flow though spaces between bricks. Watch the surface of freshly fallen snow as you walk. You'll see networks of brilliant little blue sparks emerge from the thousands of random reflections blinking at you as you pass.

I did not even finish reading this post when I decided that I must trip outside this winter.

Moving this to the LSD Set & Setting Subthread, as this is about a particular setting :)

I just did lucy for the 3rd time on Saturday at a party although I kind of found out the first two times I had really shitty acid. 8) I was just wondering if I continue doing lucy will I be able to overcome the very anti-social part of acid for me because I was constantly trying to hold a conversation would convince myself that I'm talking nonsense and drop it.

Is Acid an anti-social drug in a way?

maybe yes or maybe no!!!

The first thing the determines if acid is a social drug depends upon if you are comfortable with the fact that you are doing acid during the social situation you are in. I had a lot of experience with acid and shrooms in social situations, such as museum guided tours, nature tours, nation park tours, the statue of liberty and even a tour of the CIA (LOL!!). Also, I was never one to worry that my possible odd interactions would place a neon flag on me that I was on acid, even though I usually was flying the hippie flag (wearing tie dyes). Of course, some of these tours required extensive security clearance, especially post 9/11, so my usual pot stash and bowl was usually left home. I usually interact with tour guides on these tours and sadly have been on tours where I knew the area better than the guide. A good guide is gracious when that happens.

I have also done my share of concerts and clubs on acid and I am usually able to be socially interactive. If it becomes clear to me that i'm not able to follow the flow of conversation....I would say I'm a bit more wasted than you think i am and try to get the other person stoned, if socially acceptable, hehehe!
There have been more than several times where I have spilled the beans about the acid I was tripping on. Most times the other person was quite intreged and in no way judgemental.

steve

Dropping LSD secretly around others

Have you ever dropped LSD secretly and tripped around others who are not in the know without them finding out that you were tripping? I was wondering how that affects your trip. If they are not accepting of you using anything other than pot, do you think you can play it off without them knowing you were tripping on acid? Of course, I realize it depends on each person individually what they can handle secretly but I am trying to see if someone has actually done that and was able to keep it together and actually had a good time repeatedly. It's weird on acid so it's a question whether someone can handle it because, in contrast, I think it's much easier being around others not in the know on E, cocaine, mj, barbs, amps, etc. To normalize, let's just say the acid is in the 200mic - 250mic range. Comments?

Last edited:
I've done it with a handful of psychedelics including lsd, but its not exactly a good idea. It can get quite taxing in the wrong situation...

I've done it before, but as egor said.. it can get pretty intense in the wrong environment, as your focusing all your mindset to trying to act sober, effectively fighting the effects of the drug, which won't go down too well.

I find it kills the trip to have to hide it. I find it easier to hide phens than acid, and easier to bounce back into good-trips-ville when the other people are gone.

10mg of 2C-I i can talk to my father just fine, and fairly well with 2C-E. I mean, it's a waste of tripping time, but other than that it's fine. But i would not be nearly as comfortable with that on 50ug of acid. I can't imagine trying to do that on 200ug of acid. Then again, i havn't had acid for a while, and i'm more experienced with psyches now, so maybe it wouldn't be as bad.

I would generally think that it is definitely not impossible to survive it, but nigh impossible to still enjoy the trip.

From what i've heard, E would be hard (because you'd be all emotionally open (ie, guard let down).

I don't believe I have. I've been around people who didn't know I was tripping but not for a long time, like the whole trip, no.

I guess I am wondering about those people that have dropped around others, hid it well, and still had a good time. I can see not having a good time around others who you are trying to hide the trip from but I am wondering if there are those that have bucked this trend and had fun. Maybe bonding with a significant other w/o them knowing but you still tripping, or just having a good time w/ others not in the know.

^It can be fun, but that is more related to what you are doing at the time than the people around you...

To me it would depend on the reason why I was hiding it from other people I was around. Atleast if you're around bud smokers you could always pass it off as being really high if you needed to. If it was a more serious reason it might be more difficult to have fun.

one time for fun i was hanging out with my life long friend and i ate a yellow microdot without telling anyone - we went for a long walk across the highway and into the woods, but i was able to hide it all the way back to his house before i told him i was tripping.. very fun for a lark.. :)

Like most bad ideas involving psychs, it's doable but not recommended. You'll have a much better time if you don't have to hide it. If you're going to do it anyway, you'll have to restrain yourself somewhat (on 200+ ug this would be difficult) and you're far less likely to have an altogether enjoyable experience.

The most I've done around "people who can't know" was half a tab, and I managed to pass the few strange things I did as simple excitement since I was leaving for an international flight soon after.

I've done it many times on a wide variety of psychedelics when I was younger. These days I reserve the higher doses for when what I'm doing with the uniformed sober people of the group is event focused rather than interpersonally focused. It's much easier to get away with in these types of situations. Otherwise I stick to doses that are subjectively less intense than I imagine the typical intolerant person's experience of 200 - 250 ug of LSD is.

This has included things like going to haunted houses or laser tag when I was younger and tandem extreme sports-type stuff or public theaters more recently. Tripping around others without them knowing isn't ideal, but if you chase experiential intensity it's often a necessary evil. For me, the most important part of keeping it enjoyable has always been only engaging in activities where I'm not expected to have to exert nuanced control during the event, physically or mentally. When I've dosed at parties or in other more closely interactive situations I've gotten "are you high?"-type comments or astonished looks in reaction to something trippy or unexpected that I've said. Avoid these type of situations. My significant other knows to look for dilated pupils and can tell when I've smoked cannabis before I tell her about 1/3 of the time. Anyone who knows you intimately will be suspicious of something if you repeatedly trip in their presence without informing them.

Last edited:
I think tripping without anybody knowing it very interesting. I've found at gatherings where I've let it be known that I was tripping that would be the focus of people talking to me... "are you seeing pretty colors" "how are you feeling"...

When I trip and dont let anybody know I can appreciate more comfortable interactions and have a much more fun time--- while enjoying all the pretty colors

Yeah the first time I took LSD which was a very high dose with Ego death and I lost the ability to speak/comprehend language I was a teenager and in highschool and I took it at school but I only went to 2-3 more classes before I went home and then I smoked some herb and a math teacher from my school who was helping me with Algebra came over and I tripped very hard around my mom too.

I also took daily low doses of LSD for both the fall and spring semester college classes and I'd go to class and just interact with people and go about my day normally while on acid.

I have no idea what ug the LSD I took was as I've been told it's basically impossible to know.