• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD subthread] - Set & Setting Considerations

I wasn't expecting to get sleep xD I know it lasts long. Thanks for the tips. I'll see what happens. Thanks for the advice.

LSD first time- setting question

Hi Everyone
Me and a friend are both going to try Lucy (1 hit) for the first time, in the near future. The only problem is that the house is free for only 6hours, but there is a park/ woods close by. my question is, would we be able to chill and then function enough so that we could leave the house before parentals came home as to avoid any communication?

I think that would probably be okay. You could feel the effects for 10-12 hrs, depending on the quality I guess. I have not done acid in over 15 yrs, and I think people now pass off other drugs as acid, so be careful who you're getting it from.

It's not hard to function and act normal after the 6 hr point of an acid trip, which should start about an hour after taking the dose. Maybe sooner if it's really good.

Start your trip outdoors and enjoy the beauty of nature then go to your friends house when your coming down. I had my first trip out in a park during the day and it was beautiful, u wont regret it!

Yeah bud - being outside with nature with the come up is the best possible thing you can do on LSD.

You'll still be feeling the effects after 6 hours.. but by then it's some-what possible to act normal. The comedown, you might feel a little after glow , like "WTF just happened" going over your (hopefully) wonderful trip. It can be hard to sleep for 12hours or so after taking LSD IME. But I find the strong effects tinge off after like 8 hours.

Have you tried any other psychedelics before? You'll be going into it to expect some effect, what you'll get will be something completely different. In other words, no one can explain a LSD trip - you just have to experience it and trip fucking balls!

[edit] I find LSD MUCH more easy to ride than mushrooms. In fact - LSD feels so more clean and just awesome.

Last edited:
I think that would probably be okay. You could feel the effects for 10-12 hrs, depending on the quality I guess. I have not done acid in over 15 yrs, and I think people now pass off other drugs as acid, so be careful who you're getting it from.

It's not hard to function and act normal after the 6 hr point of an acid trip, which should start about an hour after taking the dose. Maybe sooner if it's really good.

Thx for sharing your thoughts. Definitely want the right stuff for sure.

Start your trip outdoors and enjoy the beauty of nature then go to your friends house when your coming down. I had my first trip out in a park during the day and it was beautiful, u wont regret it!

I have to agree, during the day would be amazing outside. Only thing is here it's a little cold, so I guess prep for that in advance.

Yeah bud - being outside with nature with the come up is the best possible thing you can do on LSD.

You'll still be feeling the effects after 6 hours.. but by then it's some-what possible to act normal. The comedown, you might feel a little after glow , like "WTF just happened" going over your (hopefully) wonderful trip. It can be hard to sleep for 12hours or so after taking LSD IME. But I find the strong effects tinge off after like 8 hours.

Have you tried any other psychedelics before? You'll be going into it to expect some effect, what you'll get will be something completely different. In other words, no one can explain a LSD trip - you just have to experience it and trip fucking balls!

[edit] I find LSD MUCH more easy to ride than mushrooms. In fact - LSD feels so more clean and just awesome.

There is a fairly isolated section outdoors that I have in mind, where chances of running into people will be minimal. It's cold out, so as long as I'm not stripping clothes off and going for a run I'm sure it would be fine. I'm definitely bring music, notebook, colored pens. Do you think its even worth brining a guitar or is there no way I'll be able to play it haha..

I've done shrooms a couple times, my last trip on them wasn't the best a little scary at points but then again at night and in the dark is a whole different game. Looking forward to it for awhile. Hope it goes through.

Awesome, man.

LSD is like a walk in the park compared to mushrooms. This is my experience anyway, and a lot of friends in real life think the same too. Shrooms can be very emotional. You seem like you're making good decisions. I'm sure you're going to have a carnival as **** time! Good set and setting , with a good friend. You can't go wrong.

yeah, even if you do run into random people, it's not bad at all I find. Most of the time they wont know your tripping (unless of course you are peaking and laughing at something funny) haha.

Yeah bring a back pack with essentials. some water and some sun glasses if you wish to hide your pupil dilation. It's funny, get all the items / belongings together to make tripping a lot more fun .... Then when you start tripping "What the fuck do I have all this shit for" If you think carrying around a guitar wont be a problem, I think it's a good idea. In fact, I really do think it's a good idea. You might feel an attachment to it, even just holding on to it and not playing it.

If you smoke marijuana I HIGHLY recommend it, if it doesn't make you paranoid or nervous. But I found it to mix with LSD so well. So well in fact that I'm in the process of trying to quit weed, and only smoke weed while on LSD (not often at all). Though if you do, I'd recommend to save for after the peak, or towards the end of your trip. So you get a feel for cid. But whatever you feel is good.

Have fun!

Wow Amazing!! My friend and I were laying down (cold as f*ck i might add) and just as we dropped he said "Were watching Nature on commercial break" an hour later, we both knew it was just that we couldn't see what the world was trying to show us yet. Breathtaking.

I'm sure you've found your answer already, but I'd like to make a few music recommendations: TOOL(post-Undertow is glorious for tripping), A Perfect Circle, Phish jams, Cream, and Peach. In that order.

I have tripped in a variety of places and I've found, as a rule, I struggle to be outside with the public. I once decided to drop 200ug on a train from B'ham UK to north Wales to visit a friend, came up pretty hard about 40 mins away from my stop and while it wasn't an unpleasant time it was a very stressful (yet hilarious) 40 mins. I then had to get off the train and find my mates house which was very difficult but he lives in a beautiful place by the coast so I just chilled on the beach until I remembered I had a phone to cal him on, he then came to collect me.

Tripping in the dark can be a lot of fun and I often have the most trippy hallucinations in the dark, seeing tiny cities full of tiny people going about their day at some point in the future. I also often think there a thousands of spiders crawling all over me and it is at this point I have to switch the lights back on...

My ideal setting would be in a familiar house/flat with friends I love, a lot of ice lollies, sweets, fruit and fruit juice (maybe some gin); very good music and a lot of cushions and blankets with a lot of patterns and interesting trinkets to play with. But you can still have fun almost anywhere on LSD in my opinion.

Dang... Looks kind of dead around here. I joined hoping for some lively and current discussions about psychedelics... At least the post before this one was less then a month ago.

Well this thread is pretty dead... but plenty of people are posting in other threads. :)