PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Microdots

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
Welcome to the LSD Subthread for discussion of Microdots

<<return to Big & Dandy LSD Thread>>

My buddy told me he picked up a nice amount of L but he said it looked like little brownish pellets and he said the dude he got them from said the dude HE get them from were microdots....what the hell is the difference?

Last edited by a moderator:
i know what it looks like....i was wondering the diff. in potency and if any one has had any experience with them

damn i guess it always comes down to that in the end....o well only one way to find out.

I cant get any tabs, but i can get microdots, so
thats a bad way for me to ever do a first trip isnt it?

For some reason i remember hearing or reading that microdots were known for typically being alot more potent then blotter, but i guess theres no way to really know unless u know the chemist :)

Why?

Whats the difference between a microdot and a tab/blotter? The medium the LSD is stored on, nothing else.

They could be exactly the same strength, who knows?!

Just take a trip if you want to trip...

Just take a trip if you want to trip...
This.
If it ends up being super potent then your going to have a lot more fun on it. But chances are its going to be 75-125 like most acid. Whether blotter, or liquid, or microdot or granola bar.

Microdots fit a hell of a lot more LSD but in practice you will not find any that contain so much that it would not fit on paper. So what remains then? I got the idea that microdots are less liable to degradation since they are sealed from the outside... but I don't know if that is true. There is also a lengthy debate if degradation is even really noticeable qualitatively or only quantitatively.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's all acid. :) Just enjoy it.

Yea, I would guess dots are better... easier to make a certain dosage for one thing... you have a mash that you mix the LSD into then press into tiny pills. Easy. But with blotter, you gotta worry about getting a liquid to evenly absorb into and adhere to some paper that's possibly coated with ink. And then there's the chemicals in the ink and the paper itself (alot of weird chems in paper manufacture, btw.) that might mess up the LSD molecules. And yes alot higher exposure to air and light. Microdots just seem more reliable method IMO. But vendors prefer to try with blotters because it can be sent in the mail totally flat like paper, and even concealed totally if it is on unprinted, unperforated paper so it has distribution advantages. If I had a choice I would choose microdots just because it would seem to give a more reliable, stable, metered dose. Blotters are alot more variable and unreliable. I've had some kickass blotters for sure, but my experience with microdots was as I said more consistent and reliable.

Don't ever hear of anyone selling microdots anymore though... I hope they are making a comeback but I doubt it. It's also easier to rip people off with blotters too if one is a scumbag...

Microdots in NYC used be to sold as Mescaline when they were not mescaline at all. The ones sold in NYC in the 90s and early 2000s were just really weak acid/ low micrograms

Yea, I would guess dots are better... easier to make a certain dosage for one thing... you have a mash that you mix the LSD into then press into tiny pills. Easy. But with blotter, you gotta worry about getting a liquid to evenly absorb into and adhere to some paper that's possibly coated with ink. And then there's the chemicals in the ink and the paper itself (alot of weird chems in paper manufacture, btw.) that might mess up the LSD molecules. And yes alot higher exposure to air and light. Microdots just seem more reliable method IMO.
Don't ever hear of anyone selling microdots anymore though... I hope they are making a comeback but I doubt it. It's also easier to rip people off with blotters too if one is a scumbag...

Microdots are made my dropping liquid LSD on them just like Blotter is done

Last edited:
Blotters are made by "dropping" liquid LSD onto each and every hit??? HAHAHA! No fucking way, dude. Maybe sometimes, but most of the time I believe there is a container into which is put an entire book of sheets and then a liquid with enough LSD for the entire book is poured in and allowed to absorb throughout. I really doubt someone is sitting there carefully measuring out individual tiny drops of liquid LSD onto individual blotter hits LMAO that is just WAAAY too labor intensive... sounds like a pretty ridiculous method IMO. What like they use armies of elves with tiny little droppers? HAHA. Havent you ever hear of "laying blotter"? Now think for a minute. Its called that not "dripping blotter" for a reason. Where are you getting this information? I think you must be just making it up. No one in their right mind would do it that way. How about unmarked, unperf blotters with no visual indication of where to place the drops? And no one in their right mind would have blank microdots that they drip liquid onto. That is just absurd. I have seen microdots so tiny there is NO FUCKING WAY you can possibly get a drop to reliably land on it and then stick and absorb, just physically impossible. Of course they are going to mix the LSD into the substrate prior to pressing the pills. I suppose you think like Valium are made by dripping "liquid valium" onto pressed blanks? HAHA that is ridiculous.

Now if you are talking about someone taking pre-made candies or mints, then sure they drip drops onto those. But they typical microdots were called "micro" for a reason. They were each about this < o > big. If not smaller.

Last edited:
Im not talking about with an eye dropper, I know sheets are made by dipping them in the LSD Liquid, the LSD is not mixed in the so called substrate, the microdots are already obtained in their shape and LSD added later.

You just totally contradicted yourself... Bit of a Saturday night buzz perhaps? =D

dude i said its not done with an eye dropper, it can be dipped, or poured on while the paper is in the tray/aluminum foil. Thats how its done. Ive seen people do it plenty of times

Where are you getting the info that microdots are not made initially with LSD in them? If someone is making the dots it is always better to mix in the LSD during the mixing of the ingredients so before the pressing. And dwayne, microdots are like pills so there can still be what is called a spread i.e. an uneven distribution. It totally depends on how well the ingredients were mixed which is harder than it may sound.

I agree though that your chances of higher doses are better with dots. Seems similar to liquid: if you can find liquid or dots it is a correlation that it is also more likely that it is coming from people with higher quality standards. With WoW paper this is also possible, but I think the opposite is true as well since you only need some square white paper to fake it instead of printed blotter paper.

ive always wondered, can you take half a microdot? :) sounds like a good way to waste a few mcg...

Well sure, I used to do it all the time in order to get like 1.5 dots when I thought 2 would be too strong or whatever. A razor blade and a plate and you attempt to cut it in half, eating any powder that results and however much of the pieces as you like.

Where are you getting the info that microdots are not made initially with LSD in them? If someone is making the dots it is always better to mix in the LSD during the mixing of the ingredients so before the pressing.

do you seriously believe someone is sitting around pressing these things? Nah, They are done by a machine,they are bought already in what ever shape they come in and the cid is added later.