• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD Subthread] First time LSD

Am I prepared for LSD after taking high dose of AL-LAD (~500ug)? I know its always unpredictable, but give me something :)

Could you guys make a difference between LSD and AL-LAD in a blind test?

Taking LSD for the first time indoor? at night?
Also, is it safe to dose half blotter (over 75UG) and go mdma (120mg)?
How is sex on LSD?

I tried it with mushrooms, but ended up making anal with my gf which she never plan to do in her life.
You can imagine after her depression etc..
But it was fun for me :)

Sex on psychedelics can be quite good, and LSD is more sexual than most. If you're comfortable it can really enhance the experience of sex, especially if you're in love with the person. There have been plenty of times where I wasn't fully comfortable (trip anxiety, etc) where sex wasn't probably going to happen, but also plenty of times where it was greatly enhanced.

I prefer all psychdedelics outside during the day, but LSD is a good one for nighttime and inside compared to some others. I don't really like taking tryptamines inside but LSD isn't a tryptamine.

I haven't tried AL-LAD yet, but from almost every comment I have heard comparing it with LSD, it is easily distinguishable from LSD (whereas LSZ feels very much like LSD). AL-LAD is reported as being much lighter mentally and much more positively inclined. I would say you are probably ready for LSD, but don't jump into high doses. Truth be told, LSD tends to be quite a happy chemical too, but there is certainly the chance for a difficult or confusing experience to develop, and this chance increases as the dose increases.

Tried LSD and loved it.
It's like mushroom experience but more controllable. I can feel what I'd like to feel while my eyes closed. Fuck that was nasty :)

After 2h-3h, I opened my eyes and got out of the appartment. Explored many places..
Didn't want to have sex because the body high you feeling is much more the same feeling while you cum..
If you go for LSD indoor, and go outside do not come back. That's what I learned from my trip.
The visuals are not that hard, but for my first experince it was perfect.

The LSD has some bad taste which I pressed with my tongue to my upper lips. I sensed after 2-3minutes.
Was that LSD or 25nbmoe?

If it was an NBOMe, the taste would have been strongly bad. LSD can have a mild bitter taste because of the paper/ink, and some people report that the molecule itself tastes slightly metallic or "electric".

This started off really good but had a weird vibe the whole trip please read the bottom in (). My first trip it started off good now it's getting bad. So the my trip begins as I lay in bed at about 11pm I have one tab of good acid my friend started his trip before mine and took his at about 10:15pm after we both had smoked 50mg of dmt (that's another story though) so my friend said his started to kick in he said he felt heavy and kinda euphoric I believed him being that he has done a handful of pshycadelics before but this was his first real acid trip so about 30 minutes later he says he defiantly felt the come up and described it with a non stop smile and laughed at random things he said at that point I had to leave him to go home but my night wasn't over I got home at about 10:55 and talked to my parents everything was cool so I said I was going to bed got properly dressed for my trip aka (basketball shorts and a pair of sliders) at 11:05 I took the tab let it sit on my tongue for about 2minutes and than downed it with some water from there I laid in bed for about an hour without any signs of a come up I was still in contact with my the friend that was already tripping major nuts by now but than it slowly crept up on me I felt the heaviness that my friend had explained earlier and than a tingly feeling that got gradually more intense too the point were waves of numbness were hitting me but I thought the air from my fan was connected to my trip and but I didn't really pay attention to the fan much mostly my iPod or the frequent trips to the bathroom mirror to see my face morph at about 3am I was honestly getting a little worried because I didn't know what an acid peak is like so I was waiting for it to better but it stayed mostly the same very mellow trip I had no rush to do anything but look at trippy pictures and listen to mgmt about 4am I hadn't felt a peak still so I gave up on trying than I thought I was coming down so I would sit up in bed and wait for the weird feeling to get to my head but nothing so I tried standing up oh fuck it was like a huge head rush my vision went black and than I started seeing closed eye visuals like but I honestly don't know how to explain them it was kinda like tunnel vision in pink and grey 4:30am I'm getting really bored I wanna do something but don't want to make noise cause my family's asleep so i got up stretched and went and looked at my face warp and try and count all my freckles 5am the warping is gone I have no more head rushes than I just give up and mess around on the Internet cause it was already fucking 5am I knew I want gonna get much sleep anyways 7am don't feel anything I just suppose its gone. 9am the family's up I say good morning to everyone Dad tells me were doing yard work , I honestly was a little tired but not 9:30am I see small warping effects in the grass and leaves in my yard I thought I was gonna be notice able but I was fine 10am I'm sweeping the dirt off my sidewalk for a good 35minutes than I get really winded and tired I just wanna lay down so I go sit in the garage and grab a water bottl I pop the top of it drink 3 big gulps and it's there again that head rush with the colored tunnel vision I feel light headed so I sit down it goes away but I'm still winded 11:45am I'm beat almost tempted to just flop on the couch and sleep but I take a nice decently warm shower thinking it'd do the trick calm me down well everything was cool in the shower I get out and now I have the body high a little weaker than those few hours after I'd taken the acid but its now 12:50 I'm seeing warped things mostly on my iPod keyboard I'm tripping again why is this happening? (Just took a 15mg abilify I have work at 5pm and I'm starting to get really weirded out)

Confirmed LSD, frist time, 100 ug or 150 ug?

Hello, swim just bought a 150ug blotter of confirmed LSD, which swim is told from his friends is potent. However, being inexperienced with psychedelics he was wondering if he should take half or three-quarters of the blotter and seeing how that goes before dropping the rest. swim has had a music playlist ready for weeks preparing and studying the effects of LSD and has a very good idea of what to expect as far as visuals and state of mind go. Swim has tried mushrooms once before, a few years ago but they weren't strong in swims opinion. swim is also a heavy marijuana enthusiast. any other tips for a first acid trip would be greatly appreciated.%)

edit: oh and also swim has had one experience with DMT where he only took one hit and saw the room chnge colors, but again nothing too strong.

Last edited:
We don't use SWIM here, just use the first person like everyone else.

If you've unexperienced with psyschedelics (sounds like you are), go for the lower dose. It's better to take be slightly underwhelmed than to be overwhelmed for 10 hours ;)

I agree: 100ug for a first time, for the same reasons mentioned above.

I've given people around 25ug on their first time and they loved it. It was at a festival which was psychedelic enough to potentiate a minimal dose tho.

You should've just taken the whole thing. Now you have that spare 50ug and have basically no chance to trip off that alone. I guess you could save it for the next time you get some cid.

Most people I know who've done a bit of acid can have a great time with 50ug of LSD. But yeah if you don't want a mild trip, no harm saving it to combine with another dose down the road.

True 50ug can be good if you just wanna open your mind a little bit. It'd go very well with some marijuana too.

Hoo boy, this turned into a bit of an essay:

My personalized, really hippy-dippy recommendations for an absolutely wonderful first trip (if you want to take acid for the first time in a club, stop reading now):

Dosage: 100ug to 120ug of quality acid

Things to have list:

1. Super important: Really good, close friend who's had acid before and is an open-hearted, happy to give hugs, non-sarcastic, genuine, calm, fun person you feel absolutely comfortable with (either sober or on a low dose if experienced. I often trip-sit, and usually low dose (around 50 ug) just to get me into more or less the same mind-space) and/or, 1 friend taking the same dose as you.

2. Nature/outdoor music festival/home (see point 3) with space to roam (plus your own music + headphones)

3. Entire 24 hours set aside with NO worries about time to get home/phone parents/girlfriend/boyfriend/work or any shit like that

4. Switch off and abandon mobile phone.

5. Totally agree with "sekio" here - be really careful about herb, even if you smoke it a lot and it always 100% chills you out, take small tokes (even though acid does rather make you feeling like smoking heroic doses). If u suddenly experience mild paranoia, its likely the herb, stop smoking, you'll feel fine in 20 mins.

6. Water, food, warm clothes, cigs, lighter!!, something meaningful/special to you if you want, if you're doing a nature trip.

7. Personally, I would start off in daylight

8. Eat a decent but light meal 2 or so hours before.

9. Take your acid. Relax, try not to expect anything/force anything/fight anything.

The 5 cardinal checkpoints if you start to feel uncomfortable:
1. do you need the toilet?
2. do you need to drink something?
3. do you need to eat something?
4. are you too hot/too cold?
5. change your setting (go inside if you're outside etc).

My checkpoints:
6. If somebody/something is freaking you out, walk away
7. Talk to your friend if you need anything(that's why we're there)
8. Remember that there are no rules, if you want to roll around in the grass, do it. If you want to make weird noises, do it. If you want to cry, do it. There is no right/wrong way to trip. This is about you, and for you.

Have a wonderful journey :-D

Obviously I don't have any tolerance to this, I was wondering what kind of experience I should anticipate at a 250ug dose (let's just pretend that that dosage number is 100% accurate)? Is it too much?

Are there any special precautions/materials to have on hand other than the usual: don't drive, use machinery (heh) &c...

Previous drug experiences: 9 times smoking cannabis, 15 times DMT (6 'feel good' doses, 8 'pyschedelic doses,' and most recently a 75mg 'transcending reality' dose).
My intent would be to dedicate a whole day to the experience and to dose shortly after fully 'waking up'

Thoughts, opinions?

I'd split the blotter(I imagine it is a blotter) in half. 250ug is hefty dose for a beginner. It could still be fun if the people around you are all experienced and make you feel comfortable if you were to get bad vibes. If you're tripping with people who know how to trip, know what I mean, there's lots of things that can turn a bad feel into hilarity and love for your friend reverberating just as they do some kind of wavy kind of spaghetti move with their arms, LSD when in complete bliss feels like everything is underwater to me for some reason. One of my last trips were 2 hits I kept for myself (with 30mg temazepam and 5mg zaleplon pills in case I didn't enjoy myself. My dorm had an issue with the cable provider, they wanted to charge for every room, because they were single rooms.

So, wanting to find something relaxing to do, I looked at what was on TV, I know, a weird idea for somebody on LSD, all I could get was 2 channels,my antenna was too crappy. But there was a deep sea documentary on the most colourful beautiful fish in the world and I felt myself floating around with them in that blue sea. I guess that's what people mean on mushrooms or LSD (back in 2001, we could order things online, but there was no reason to even bother) when they said they felt like they were pissing themselves, they weren't understanding the message correctly. But I'm high on opiates and benzos right now and would trade me now to that me in january 2006 in my dorm room, coming back from my hometown having the most mental meth fueled nights and days and the pinning of bed sheets over windows so it no sunlight would get in christmas break of 2005-2006. Won't ruin my rather informative post with my own past history too much though, so, hopefully that was useful anyway. Blotter I had access to from 99 to '08 from the same source was always said to be between 75ug and 125ug, depends on how long and if some were badly stored.

First time with acid! Going to a rave! :D

Hey everyone. New poster here. I came across this site because I was doing some research on acid after, last night, a friend of mine told me he has the purest tabs he's ever taken/had. I experimented with shrooms a couple weeks ago for the first time when I went to Maryland with my best friends and had a pretty okay trip but I'm pretty sure they were not nearly as pure as they could have been. I couldn't help but keep telling myself I wanted to test it out, like, go through the woods at night or something since there was a lot of intense stimuli around. I actually wrote about it for my English essay and got an A so I'll take it.

ANYWAY,
Since then I wanted to try acid more than ever. I feel like I'll love the shit out of them. I go to raves consistently and had the best night of my life rolling molly when I saw someone named Zedd in Philly (SO wild). This time I'm seeing two groups named Tritonal and Cash Cash and I know exactly how the vibes are gonna be. It's gonna be intensely happy as opposed to like, something hardcore like trap. I'm thinking bout taking two tabs for this since we have a solid group of 8 close friends going. My friend said he recommends 2 because it's purer and it's a lot harder to take too much as opposed to too little and feeling disappointed.

I'm kinda just looking for something to really take my appreciation for music to the next level and let me have a kickass time with the squad I have. I've been a casual musician for some time and truly feel like drugs and music is one of the best fucking equations out there. I'm going in with an open mind to it though and although it's different than MDMA, I'm sure, I went into that with a real excited mindset and had a great time.

Any tips??
We're all going there Saturday night so a couple days. Any tips would be really appreciated! When to take it? What mindset should I keep myself in? Should I just keep doing what I do with the excitement but just add some tabs to it? Is two tabs too much?
Stuff like that!

Thanks!

Hi there, there are lots of resources about LSD online, I've moved your post into our megathread but I suggest also searching online.

You should find out the amount of LSD on your tabs and then plan accordingly. Taking more than 120ug in such a stimulating environment for the first time could be very overwhelming. At the very most, if you must take two then you should cut them in halves and take them over the course of half an hour to smooth your comeup.