• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD storage

I think Shulgin or Hofmann one of those guys succesfully stored it for decades, but this was under pretty ideal conditions.

Compared to some other compounds like mescaline LSD may be more fragile but that is not saying much, it may say though for example that LSD should not be stored in solution ideally - and if you do, freeze it - while mescaline should be fine even in solution.

The point is IMO that in some unfortunate instances there may be an impurity or another agent that may catalyze degradation. Moisture, UV and perhaps pH instability may shift tendency to ionize which can in time form a problem.

In most cases there is not such a 'perfect storm' to fuck up your LSD which is probably why if you take a few easy precautions - you effortlessly avoid them and enjoy your acid for a long time like most people.

Just don't say 'never' or 'urban myth' either - that is just as polarized.. nuance plz

Ismene,

I had LSD degrade noticeably within hours in hot un-airconditoned cars at >100F. I had LSD degrade noticeably within days camping at ~60-95F.

If you're asking me is it possible to destroy LSD then I'd agree yes. Put it in the oven, put it in hot cars, throw it in boiling urine. I imagine all those would work. (Although I'd be wondering how you knew LSD lost potency "within days". Are you saying you tripped and then tripped a few days later and you could "tell" that the LSD wasn't as potent? You're certain it wasn't because you'd tripped a few days earlier?)

But if you're asking me can I store LSD with no loss of potency for years/decades at room temp in tin foil in a glass jar? The answer is yes. If you're having trouble with your LSD losing potency then you're doing it wrong pirate.

@Ismene, yes, yes, and more yes, and super lol at "boiling urine"

LSD is actually a pretty tough and sturdy molecule (don't believe what your first google hits are giving you cos there's weird shit in there ie. "pooled urine"???) In my experience the worst factor for severe degradation is light, then exposure to oxygen, and then a far far last, temperature (my experience is mostly with liquid, but I assume the same applies to paper). I live in a very hot, humid climate, and most of us just wrap what we have in tinfoil, and chuck it in the fridge. Blotters that have been wrapped in foil and forgotten in non-fridge places were still as potent several years later. @TheBlackPirate, your last sentence is most definitely due to tolerance, unless you had your tabs/bottle lying open exposed to extremely hot direct sunlight for the few days you were camping

I've been storing 5 LSD blotters wrapped in tin foil and seller-tapped at the back of my freezer, hiding between the bags of frozen pease and carrots, not hurting anybody :3 waiting me to pass my exams and giving it a try, or are being prepared to be chucked if I fail my year. lol

No but seriously I wouldn't have done this if my friend who sells and makes LSD hadn't told me to, he said for long period of time it's better to put them in the freezer.

Btw what do you guys think of mixing Xanax and LSD ? Should it be an escape option for a bad trip ?

Anyways yeah I'd defiantly put them in the freezer.

Cheers.

A freezer is an okay place to store LSD if you need to store it for a very long time, but it's not really necessary and it creates some risk of the LSD coming into contact with moisture.

I've been storing 5 LSD blotters wrapped in tin foil and seller-tapped at the back of my freezer, hiding between the bags of frozen pease and carrots, not hurting anybody :3 waiting me to pass my exams and giving it a try, or are being prepared to be chucked if I fail my year. lol

No but seriously I wouldn't have done this if my friend who sells and makes LSD hadn't told me to, he said for long period of time it's better to put them in the freezer.

Btw what do you guys think of mixing Xanax and LSD ? Should it be an escape option for a bad trip ?

Anyways yeah I'd defiantly put them in the freezer.

Cheers.
I once accidentally mixed LSD and Valium. My friend who was getting us shrooms said it was a no-go, so I popped 30mg Valium because I was determined to have a good night anyway. Anyway, I got a text from said friend 10 minutes later saying be got some and to come over, so while the Valium was kicking in I drove over (bad idea, but I made it there just fine). I got there and he handed me a gel tab, which I was fine with, so I let that desolve and waited to trip. It took a little longer for it to kick in for me compared to the others, but when it did it was 4 hours of one of the most unique acid trios I've ever experienced. I was extremely relaxed the whole time and just wanted to lay down. I was just watching a painting like a TV at one point on the couch. And oh my the closed eye visuals I was getting were just amazing...it was like I could see and break down molecules and control the visuals it was just amazing and very hard to describe. I fell asleep 4-5 hours into the trip.

Any 'special' sheet I vac seal and place in a book for long term storage. Any thing I plan to use rather frequently, goes into foil, then thick poly pag, then into book. Has worked perfectly for years. If in doubt buy a vac sealer, they're dirt cheap.