• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

LSD storage and purity/potency issues.

^ ROFL... I'll stick to having faith in the dose in micrograms rather than the topology of the storage medium, I think ;)

BT =D

[edited] As you can see, its a little less then a month away. Right now I have it wraped up in air tight sealed bag and stuffed into a medicine bottle. Its also in a draw where it is dark an dI was woundering if that was the best place to store it? I would store it in the fridge but there is a risk of my parents finding it and I wouldn't want that.

[edit - removed irrelevant info]

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Sounds like rather suitable storage conditions to me. If you've got a little satchel of silica gel or some other hygroscopic material, it might not hurt to throw that into the medicine bottle too... But I wouldn't be too fussed :)

apollo said:
^^ Sounds like rather suitable storage conditions to me. If you've got a little satchel of silica gel or some other hygroscopic material, it might not hurt to throw that into the medicine bottle too... But I wouldn't be too fussed :)

RIght now I have it stuck in a book and the tabs wraped in tinfoil. Book is in a draw also. THink it will survive.

Biscuit << can you elaborate on your "plateau" comparison between acid and DXM?

I took a dot of acid about a month ago and experienced full detachment from my ego, as with a large dose of shrooms - "who am I" kind of thing and complete alienation from the outside world and "my body" - and I have had smaller mushroom trips (and a San Pedro one, *wow!*) where I preserved my sense of identity... is this where you would draw a line to denote a plateau?

I haven't seen the answer on here, so here goes.

A lot of people have different opinions on LSD storage...I always stored mine in aluminum foil (which I'm kind of wondering about now...someone mentioned the chemical reaction between the foil and the LSD and I have noticed, or so my mind thinks...that when I stored mine for any length of time, then took it...it seemed weaker). Which do you all prefer for your storage methods of blotter paper?

How about liquid, gel-tabs and (even though I've never seen them...just in case) microdots?

It's coming through around here and well, quite frankly. I'd like to save some for down the road =D

Thanks for all replies.

You need to cut down on oxidisation. To achieve this use a glass jar with a rubber seal, as plastics/zip lock bags are not air tight. Do not let any light into the jar/paint the jar black, and to remove the oxygen get some dry ice, let it sublime into carbon dioxide by having the lid off, and it will stay in the jar because it is heavier than air. This is a technique that is used to preserve mushrooms, and I think would be the most appropriate method to store LSD also.

As a side note regarding my above post the experiment was performed regarding the onset of tabs vs distilled water. I'll put up a thread regarding the experiment with results in a few days.

^^ I'm only a beginner chemist, but there's O2 in CO2 the same way there is in air, is there not?

Or does being bonded to C atoms prevent the O2 from reacting with the LSD?

Psilocybin deteriorates by oxidisation the same as LSD does. This storage method for psilocybin mushrooms has been confirmed effective in storage for multiple years without a potency drop, I don't know why it would not work with LSD also. I guess p_d will be able to jump in and sort out the chemical interactions for us.

Some interesting replies here. Glad to see some here have some alchemy up there sleeves :)

My last trip was a bummed out one. We were heading down to nannup for a jaz festival, as we were traveling I put them into a ziplock and put it in the cooler where the ice was for keeping the drinks cold, damn satti had a staple hole in it, fuckind DD :( When we took them out there was water in the bag, just shows how QUICKLY you can mess it up.

All six of us wondered why the jaz wasn't "jazzed" up LOL the blotter paper was still sharp, and you could see the swirls in Barts eyes but it was no better than a cone.

I found out that day just how fragile it was (luckily I popped the extra one we got on the way down there hehe)

How well would a tab last inside a sattie, wrapped in card in the mail system. It would only be en'route for two days max, but might get a little hot ? Protecting it from getting crushed would be easy.

I am for the belief also that there is NO difference between acid trips other than set, and setting. IMO you pre-disposition AT THE TIME will also be a major contributor, like vitamin deficiency, hydration and what foods you have processed.

How long, provided it is stored properly, can LSD be active for, months, years ? Does anyone have a time scale for this, like a sliding bar graph ?

If stored in a cool, dark dry place it will keep longer than ten years.

From my own experience, of course.....which, if considered, is statistically insignificant.

CO2 won't oxidise at all in the way O2 does. CO2 is a very stable molecule, however it will react with some very unstable compounds or in certain extreme environments, sometimes even at the low temps of dry ice.

It has to do with the bonding dissociation energies (doesn't everything ;)), as well as charge distribution of the species (delocalisation of orbitals, dipole movement and lone pairs) and things of less significance here.

To make CO2 react as an oxidising agent, it's necessary to have substantial energy input and/ or have a reaction in which the reactant is electron deficient enough that it can bond with the lone pairs of electrons on the O's, or the molecule could be a very reactive species able to instill a charge to the C (much harder to do). In a given reaction of a species like CO2, if the "starting energy" only needs to be slight in order to get above the "knee" or activation energy of the forward reaction, as long as the reaction is exothermic, it will probably sustain itself. Some reactions and changes of state are so thermodynamically or kinetically favoured that any required energy may be drawn in from the environment (endothermic)

Think about aluminium and magnesium powder. A tiny amount of moisture provides the activation energy for the thing to react violently.

Although CO2 doesn't normally react easily in the lab, certain reactive species will react with CO2 at dry ice temps. CO2 is used in the manufacture of amino acids. And of course plants do it via photosynthesis, and animals/humans - believe it or not - actually breath IN a small amount of CO2 if ever their the blood becomes alkaline. But nature has wonderful enzymes, and buffers for controlling this, in some cases each enzyme on it's own representing a giant chemical laboratory, setup specifically just to pull this off here or stick this over here, while leaving the rest intact.

[EDIT: In what may seem like somewhat of a contradiction to the above - but isn't - I thought I should explain another important property of CO2;

Although CO2 won't react like oxygen in oxidation reactions, CO2 does dissociate in water and give rise to different species: CO2-, HCO3- and H2CO3 relating to, but also affecting pH. This is why pure unpolluted rainwater is slightly acidic.

Last edited:
^^ One important point I should add concerns plant material storage. Some bacteria exist in a CO2 rich environment. If it is desired that plant material be stored for lengthy periods of time, the best medium (allowing ~10% moisture to remain) is under a nitrogen or argon environment.

Procedure:

Warm up a preserving jar. Vacate air with argon or nitrogen. Place in plant material. Re-gas before sealing and cooling. Plant material which normally deteriorates after 1 year of storage may last 5-10 if preserved in this manner.

Well, after re-reading my above post on CO2 and oxidizing ability, I thought I did a pretty bad job of briefly explaining it's properties, leaving out possibly the most important part :\

So I've edited/ removed the half info regarding bond energies and added a bit on the properties of CO2 in water which should give a better outline of what CO2 is - well at least I hope so. 8(

apologies if it cost anyone money ;)

Now back on topic....