• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD right before sleep....

Yeah I've tried it, woke me up and kept me up all night. I didn't particularly enjoy it compared to other trips. It's kind of disconcerting waking up tripping, and I really enjoy the early stages of the trip (which I missed). Seems like a waste of tabs if you could sleep through it though..

You would definitely wake up once it started kicking in.

I once ate some mushrooms and took a nap before I started tripping (trying to bypass the pre-trip anxiousness), woke up tripping and incredibly confused about what was happening. Got up, looked at myself in the mirror to see my eyes, mouth, nose, and other facial features morphing in the classic mushroom mirror fashion and remembered what I'd done. :D

I don't get nearly as much stimulation from mushrooms as I do from LSD, so I'm entirely sure it'd wake you up within an hour, when the onset starts to really take off.

I don't get nearly as much stimulation from mushrooms as I do from LSD, so I'm entirely sure it'd wake you up within an hour, when the onset starts to really take off.

Yeah, high dose's of Mushrooms will actually make me very sleepy.. and i have to force myself to stay awake until the peak hits.

I've fallen asleep on LSD before in a tent, i'm not sure how long i was asleep for, all i remember is waking up wondering where i was.. walking out of the tent extremely disorientated and confused unable to see anything but darkness.. felt a bit like waking up into a lucid dream.

Took me about 10mins to become fully aware of what was happening.

you'll definately wake up, i took 2 licks at like 1:30am the other day, then blazed and went to sleep... then woke up again at 4 so dissoriented until i realized why everything was so fucked

^ was it worth it? :p

i remember once, while being on acid, deciding it was just like that split second when you wake up and don't know what the fuck is going on, except for 12 hours

It seems people think this maybe a fun thing to do. Its really not. Read all the posts of people who have actually fell asleep while tripping. Those posts all point out perfectly what its like to fall asleep and wake up tripping. Even when I had intentionally induced sleep during a trip I would still wake up with the disoriented "WTF" feeling. While its not terrible there's no real reason to do it unless you're doing it for the dreams. All 3 times I feel asleep tripping though I never had any dream...that I can recall anyway(really good at this normally).

mate have popped one then falled asleep.. they wake up pronto. The missus managed to sleep for when tripping, (she sleeps easily).. dont think it was that pleasant, and waking up tripping is pretty nasty apparently :p

I did this once with 2C-E just to try it. You fall a sleep and wake up when stuff starts kicking in and feel really bizarre (sort of regretting doing it). After that you can not go back to sleep (at least for me) until it wears off.

After I started coming down I felt amazing, very clear minded and felt like I got something off my chest. It's not something I recommend doing though regardless.

I've ate some and fallen asleep on the come up. That was the only time i've ever fallen asleep before or in the middle of any trip. It didn't wake me up, and the next morning when i did get up, I couldn't remember any dreams or sensations or anything along those lines.

It's been a good 35yrs ago for me, but when I tried this I woke up maybe an hour later. Altered, as you might imagine. Not that pleasant really.

my mate once slept all the way through a trip, snoring and all. he only woke up once but he'd been drunk before he took it so he slept like a log. woke up several hours later with a hangover and a full blown trip and he had to go to a wedding reception later that evening. he spent a few hours at the wedding then left to go to an all night rave :)

he also did the same once on mushys, man did he make some weird noises in his sleep. Me and my mate were in tears of laughter at him.

I took a very small dose (1/4th to 1/2 a tab) and was able to sleep thru some of it. If you're doing it for the dreaming portion - it looks like it might not work. I had one dream that I can remember and it was really crispy clear and about a topic I don't think I've ever dreamt before and really symbolic - or maybe it was the acid that made me think so lol.
I did wake up when it peaked and it threw me off a little but I had gotten mentally prepared for it and was able to doze in and out of consciousness with decreasing amounts of heightened sensitivity as I came down. Some of the revelations I had (main reason I took it) still make sense now that I'm sober.
I can't imagine it being a generally pleasurable experience with a higher dose tho.

idk if it's just me or what but whenever i drink alcohol on acid or shrooms i can KO pretty easily. providing they were probably degraded and thus low dosed but idk.

the 'magic' of psychedelics seems to interact and amplify the 'booze buzz' and can easily floor you, IME

I don't know, man. I will say that I can't even get CLOSE to sleep until about 12 to 14 hours after dosing, and that's with the help of a benzo...or three, in fact. I often still feel somewhat over-stimulated during the next day, well after it's supposed to have worn off. To me, it's far too mentally over-stimulating to sleep, and I'll often skip sleep entirely until I totally come down the next day. Then again, I often take large doses, which only adds to the problem. Usually between 300-400ug with no tolerance, and up to 1000ug with a bit, like tripping a week previous.

I have fallen asleep on lsd a number of times. I have never suffered from the insomnia that some people find with lsd. I once took a dose of around 400 ug just to see how a heavey does was around 5 hours in i lied in bed and closed my eyes i had pretty clear dream that i fully remebered when i woke acouple hours later. At which point i was on the come down and had little to no visuals. Granted the first couple times i took lsd i took it at night so that may affect how i react to it.

on more than one occasion I have taken L and fallen asleep while waiting for the come up. the scenario was the same every time. sometimes when I can't sleep, and I mean really can't sleep, like hit 3 or 4 am and still up, I would say fuck it and just take some tabs. of course while I lay and meditate I would fall asleep each time haha. its actually kind of fun, and entertaining but also potentially dangerous. its one thing to gradually come into a trip, you have a reference point to gauge how high you actually are from the come up and etc. with this you just wake up fully trippy, or just about peaking. it gives for a good mental scavanger hunt for a couple hours as you assemble yourself lol. I had some good trips but I remember only very little, I think the first few hours upon waking are in a particular consciousness that may not be completely aware that its high..........I would say a calmer headspace psychedelic might be more appropriate for the wake up tripping sessions haha.

One time I took DOC and laid down to wait for the come-up, while watching TV. I dozed off and had the most intense dream... the dream was just of me getting up to walk downstairs and get a glass of water, but I 100% believed it was real. But partway through I woke up in bed, like whoa, that was realistic, okay, gonna go get a glass of water. Woke up again partway through. I had several false awakenings before I finally woke up, tripping. Each time I was fully aware I was having false awakenings, but each time I was sure I was actually awake.

It's a very strange sensation to wake up tripping hard espt if you were just coming up and not tripping yet.