View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD right before sleep....

takimarn

Bluelighter
Ok. Well. I have done my share of L. And i have my current stash sitting in my mini fridge feet away from where i sleep. Everytime i get comfy in bed and am about to pass out, i just wonder what would happen if i ate a couple tabs and passed out. Stupid idea, maybe. But just curious. Psychedelic dreams? would it just wake my ass up, sleep through it, wake up later peaking? idk, what do you think?

I took some and accidentally passed out, it woke me up pretty quick.

I'm guessing you'd just wake up (you ever slept through fireworks?) and then you'd be totally exhausted by the end of the trip. Even if you could sleep through the mindfuck aspect alone, the change in tactile sensations would probably be a roadblock. Any time I try to lay down on a bed and close my eyes while on cid, it feels like my body is constantly sliding off in one direction and I wake up thinking I'm about to fall off the bed, hah.

You'll most likely wake up. I feel asleep right as I started peaking on a few hits plus some 2c-e. I just awoke abruptly about 45 minutes after falling asleep wondering what the fuck was going on then realizing I was tripping and had fallen asleep. I've also intentionally put myself to sleep before and each time I would wake up about 45 minutes to 2 hours later with that WTF feeling.

Yeah, good luck with that! Id expect you'd wake if you could even fall a sleep to begin with. If it was me just the fact of knowing id dropped acid would prevent me from sleeping full stop. Let alone when the magic started working! =D

If you were able to fall asleep before the acid kicks in you might get a little sleep, but I suspect the stimulating properties of LSD would wake you up pretty soon.

Yeah, good luck with that! Id expect you'd wake if you could even fall a sleep to begin with. If it was me just the fact of knowing id dropped acid would prevent me from sleeping full stop. Let alone when the magic started working! =D

Was just about to post that.

If you're really curious as to what would happen, maybe you could get a friend to unknowingly dose you in a few months when you'd forgotten about it? Would have to make sure you had nothing to do the next day and he was there to make sure you didn't freak out when you awoke!

That's probably a really stupid idea so I wouldn't recommend it =D

This sounds like such a good idea.
Just before you sleep eat some acid, wake up tripping balls. That would be pretty damned cool I say.
But I think if I tried it i'd be too excited to fall asleep.
Thanks for the inspiration

This is actually a very interesting topic. I know some people when taking Ayahuasca practice going to sleep and letting the drug wake them up once they have fully come up. I'm thinking maybe this would be useful to people who have difficult come-ups with drugs, and/or nausea on the come-up or something. Just sleep, and you'll awake when you're fully tripping.

Not something I'd personally try unless I had plenty of whatever it was I was consuming though, just in case I somehow did manage to sleep through it - wouldn't want to waste it.

I woke up tripping balls on mescaline once - took me a while to realise it though, since it was my first time and I wasn't expecting it to work. I don't imagine many people could sleep through a powerful psychedelic experience.

This could be a good way of avoiding a long finger-tapping come-up with longer lasting psychedelics - dose in the early morning, wake up a few hours later tripping! I might try that next time I have a free morning.

Last edited:
I think it would be interesting to try. Wake up around 5am, wash down a couple tabs with some OJ or water and then lay right back down to bed. I bet by around 6:30-7am you would be pretty wide awake.

I've read of many people doing just that - would get rid of the anxiety in the come up I suppose.

I don't mind the come up. I often enjoy it. But I just think it would be quiet the experience to wake up in full trip.

I had a friend in high school who said he and a friend somehow managed to fall asleep after a few hours of peaking on 15 hits of LSD. Everyone was amazed that they could sleep at all, and the last time I talked to him about it he was too (it probably had to do with the fact that these were the last 30 hits of a sheet they had been binging on regularly for a month). My friend had no dreams he could remember, and the first thing he recalls is opening his eyes and seeing his bedroom melt. It's something he'll always remember, but was never motivated to repeat. This isn't exactly what you're asking about, but it's close.

Like others have said, just knowing that I had taken something that I would begin feeling in 15 minutes would keep me up. I did once fall back to sleep after taking aMT orally, though, but that's because aMT takes hours to really feel. When I woke up I wasn't quite tripping yet though, only feeling stimulated. For the same reason a DOx or FLY compound might be a more realistic choice if you're going to try this.

Yeah if I just consumed a tab or two... I don't think I'd be able to fall asleep, I'd be too excited that I just took acid. :p I do like the idea of setting your alarm for 5 am or so, grabbing the acid, eating it while you're still groggy, then conking back out. I'd do that.

I took 6 tabs once, and just after my peak started coming down I slept for a bit. When I woke up in the morning, I consistently thought that parts of my peak were a dream I had while sleeping (because I had dreamt while sleeping, too). It wasn't until later, when my friend reminded me of some... actions... that I had done, that I realized my weird "dream" was actually me tripping with my friend, then going to bed while still tripping, and having a real dream.

I was thinking of doing something like this sometime
Wake up at 8. Drop a few tabs...
Go back to sleep.
And wake up to an unforgettable day !

Stay up for 24+ hours and do some sort of exhausting activity. It'll put you in a deeper sleep a lot faster and might help you stay asleep while tripping.

I would imagine you would feel like shit once its over though.

i did that once in high school on a school night - as soon as it kicked in i woke up in the middle of the night.. so - i don't think you can sleep through it..