View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD question that Ive never had to ask.

sin_is_synthetic

Bluelighter
I was trying to find a Big and Dandy thread for LSD-25 so feel free to move this to there if needed-

Growing up I just always had the mindset LSD is LSD. Now I see all these different phrases like needlepoint and fluff as descriptors etc. So what do these mean-is there a hierarchy of what types of LSD are superior? I assume it has to do with different methods of synthesis for the product. So yes a very noob question from someone who has been a user for very long time but I cant be the only one

It’s all over these forums, but I’ll bite.

In order of purity, generally these terms refer to: Needlepoint > White fluff > Amber > Lavender > Tornado juice

As far as effects go, some insist it’s just due to quantity of dose or purity (less pure stuff requires more for same effects), while others maintain that impurities can have cascading effects on the trip, making it more speedy or nauseating, etc.

From ChinaCat’s post:

Needlepoint -very pure(95%) white powerdery crystal,was available in small amount`s. The best of the best

White Fluff -Very pure(95%) white light flakes of crystal. Still around and the most sought after. very pure

Silver -Good and clean(85-90%)-light greyish crystal. Was an unbelievable amount of this around in the late eighty`s and early nineties. Very good stuff. My first thumbprint was this kind. If you ate acid in the 80-90`s you probably sampled some silver.

Amber -Decent(70%?) This crystal varied from a light amber color to an almost dark brown color.Was always available.One batch called quadricept amber was the color of light honey and was very good.Lot`s a people worked with this crystal but I always would use silver instead since it was better and the same price.

Lavender -(60-70%?) light purple to almost black colored crystal. Like amber it varied batch to batch.

TJ (tornado juice) - purity unknown. I seen this shit in about four different colors and it always scared me. No experiance with it.

Champagne -(50-60%) black crystal, nasty stuff IMHO. I worked with it once and swore to never touch it again.

There are a ton of posts on this question, just search lsd purity and get ready to laugh at all the arguing.
Cheers :)

Last edited:
It’s all over these forums, but I’ll bite.

In order of purity, generally these terms refer to: Needlepoint > White fluff > Amber > Lavender > Tornado juice

As far as effects go, some insist it’s just due to quantity of dose or purity (less pure stuff requires more for same effects), while others maintain that impurities can have cascading effects on the trip, making it more speedy or nauseating, etc.

From ChinaCat’s post:

Needlepoint -very pure(95%) white powerdery crystal,was available in small amount`s. The best of the best

White Fluff -Very pure(95%) white light flakes of crystal. Still around and the most sought after. very pure

Silver -Good and clean(85-90%)-light greyish crystal. Was an unbelievable amount of this around in the late eighty`s and early nineties. Very good stuff. My first thumbprint was this kind. If you ate acid in the 80-90`s you probably sampled some silver.

Amber -Decent(70%?) This crystal varied from a light amber color to an almost dark brown color.Was always available.One batch called quadricept amber was the color of light honey and was very good.Lot`s a people worked with this crystal but I always would use silver instead since it was better and the same price.

Lavender -(60-70%?) light purple to almost black colored crystal. Like amber it varied batch to batch.

TJ (tornado juice) - purity unknown. I seen this shit in about four different colors and it always scared me. No experiance with it.

Champagne -(50-60%) black crystal, nasty stuff IMHO. I worked with it once and swore to never touch it again.

My favorite trips were from Nick Sand’s LSD, which was a local hookup for me. Other stuff has been less trippy and more somatic side-effects for me.

There are a ton of posts on this question, just search lsd purity and get ready to laugh at all the arguing.
Cheers :)

Awesome thanks for copying all that! Answered everything

I think when it comes down to it, these 'purity' levels are hippy-dippy bullshit.

I've got a tendency to turn my ears off the moment someone says 'fluff' or 'amber' in regards to LSD in conversation. It's like an immediate sign that someone doesn't actually know much about what they're talking about. Now I don't doubt purity causing stronger effects i.e. the more acid per square centimeter on a tab the more it'll hit you. But I do greatly doubt the 'varying' effects that can mostly be easily dismissed as set and setting changes. I've taken the same psilacetin batch at least 100 times this year, yet almost every trip was different and had its own flavor.

Big difference in the trip between 95% lsd and 99.9% the best lsd has zero body load and a smooth come up and comedown no vasoconstriction. Everybody I knew complained when the lsd was white fluff yet i did not tell them what quality it was as I usually only try get needlepoint. But lsd is lsd and still the trip is the same but will be cleaner on your body with 99%.

Every lsd chemist knows this and labels the effects and recommended highest dose with that batch. 500 ug type trips should be consumed on needlepoint as the body load will fuck you up on fluff

I think it would be interesting to do double placebo tests because you see this question come up a lot and with regard to a lot of different drugs. Sometimes it makes sense the effects would be different, like different strains of cannabis. Although I tend to think the differences between strains are overblown, the differences, if they exist, have a reasonable explanation. When it comes to purified/chemical drugs it's harder to come up with a theory for why they would be different, yet people will swear up and down that they are. My personal opinion is that some of the reported differences are just imagined but I don't think they all are. The only way to tell for sure is to do double blind placebo experiments though.

When I used to do heroin I remember two different batches of heroin I got gave different highs. I always wondered why this was since I thought the dose is the only thing that should matter and although one batch was weaker, if I just did more of the weaker batch shouldn't it be exactly like the stronger batch? But it wasn't and I don't think either was cut with fentanyl since this was before fentanyl became popular and I've had fentanyl and neither felt like that.

I also think rum and whiskey give me a different buzz which isn't easy to explain since they are pretty similar from a chemical standpoint. It seems as though tiny differences in drug purity/composition can somehow effect the high. I don't really have a clear explanation for why this is the case but it is a question I find interesting and would like to see experiments done to prove whether or not the difference is real or imagined.

To be honest i think it's all BS, acid is acid

Just how i see it, i haven't actually researched it/seen solid proof from someone arguing there is

Big difference in the trip between 95% lsd and 99.9% the best lsd has zero body load and a smooth come up and comedown no vasoconstriction. Everybody I knew complained when the lsd was white fluff yet i did not tell them what quality it was as I usually only try get needlepoint. But lsd is lsd and still the trip is the same but will be cleaner on your body with 99%.

Every lsd chemist knows this and labels the effects and recommended highest dose with that batch. 500 ug type trips should be consumed on needlepoint as the body load will fuck you up on fluff
How do you know your crystal is either 95% or 99% besides the anecdotal evidence?

Yeah... LSD is LSD. I've never seen any evidence that any of these terms are any more than marketing BS. I also don't believe - although I could be convinced if I did see any of the aforementioned evidence - that impurities, even if they did exist, would lead to a perceptibly different experience.

It just doesn't make sense, the difference between a 90% and 100% pure 250ug dose is 25ug. What compounds are both significantly active in this range - to the extent that they can make a significant and noticeable contribution to the character of the experience, making it more speedy, nauseating, etc - and just happen to be possible byproducts of an imperfect synthesis and/or unreacted precursors? And remember also, they need to be active enough that whatever contribution they make is STILL NOTICEABLE in the face of a significantly higher dose of LSD. I'd bet almost no one could tell the difference between a 250ug dose of LSD and a dose of 225ug + 25ug some random lysergamide, let alone some vaguely active impurity.

I've also picked some quite generous figures, 250ug is a reasonably substantial dose, and 10% is a higher gap than the fairly implausible differences in % that some people claim to be able to detect. Reduce these values slightly, and the difference is going to be even MORE undetectable for the end user.

Again... LSD is LSD. These purity claims along with the terms for them are likely to be total BS.

The only scenario in which I would consider that purity discussion might have some relevance is to those who are actually handling large quantities of LSD crystal, in that case perhaps a 5% impurity in a batch makes some difference to something, laying blotters, resale value, I dunno. But for the end user LSD consumer... nah.

At the moment, all we really have is anecdotal reports, just folks sharing their experience as they see it. Until such time as double blind trials are completed, their interpretations of their experiences are what we have to discuss. To posit that some human other than one’s self can’t detect iso/lumi just because it’s inactive is rubbish.
We can make educated guesses, but should not call others out for their beliefs/observations. Once the tests are done, solid, proven answers will be irrefutabl, and this discussion might be put to rest. Unless we find that lsd somehow in the brain becomes quantum-malleable!
I like Twain’s quote:

“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.”​

LSD is definately not LSD. there are specific recipes and specific methods of handling that produce slightly different highs.

I myself have seen and worked with many diff crystals in the distant past. from Needlepoint to a couple diff Owsley batches (new and old) to Orange sunshine to Sandoz and swiss. they all have their own characteristics, and can 100 percent be picked apart on a blind test if you know whats up.

I believe, like I stated above, as did many of these clandestine chemists, that LSD especially while being produced and handled tends to absorb the intetion of whoevers handling it. I have given Needlepoibnt LSD to an old friend that had been robbing people and generally being an idiot. He charged people 5 times what i gave it to him for, and those same people came to me saying it didnt hit the same. People like Oswley revolutionized LSD production with this, he took immense care as to who handled his shit and what happened to it while it was being made. He would have shamans bless it.....set up meditation circles around it.....that LSD is always going to be vastly superior to , say a random chemist syntesizing it for the sake of science. DMT and muushrooms when handled the same way also produce vastly more spiritual trips.

Not only that, but purity comes into play as well. I remember way back (decades) they rereleased the 85' Owsley from his vault. chemists then cleaned it up because it had biodegraded due to LSD nature. that in turn reduced the vasoconstriction and made it more "clean."

thats my take from years and years of experience!

Whilst I'm willing to accept that different batches of LSD can provide different effects, believing that it picks up bad vibes from the handler is pushing things a little too far imo...

If LSD is, say, 95 % pure what is in the remaining 5 % that could have a perceptible effect in the amount that fits on a blotter?

i presume that the 95 % pure bit is 100 % LSD made up to 100 % total volume dose with some contaminant?

Whilst I'm willing to accept that different batches of LSD can provide different effects, believing that it picks up bad vibes from the handler is pushing things a little too far imo...
Clearly haven't tried the VOODOO crystal batch that does the rounds once every 666 moons.