• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD microdosing experiment, no effects: did I do something wrong?

OP, this is a good month old at least, have you had any luck with new blotter since then?

Microdosing is very enjoyable. Sort of this private adventure through your normal day no ones the wiser of. Like when u first start smoking pot as a child and u take a walk thru some trees or space out for awhile from your day. Real like renassiancy or something lol.
but uhhh. 25 mcg is thrrshold I believe, no reason that you should not feel it.
LSD is one of the most powerful sources of energy known to man analogous with nuclear energy. Internet reports are often misleading. All LSD is strong. Any LSD is powerful.

Last edited:
30mm by 7mm originally, now 20mm by 7mm.
Should I chew it up and leave it in my mouth for a bit first or just swallow it?

That means you may have gotten in the area of an equivalent of 4 hits, which certainly could easily have 350ug. You certainly got more than 1 hit at those dimensions.

I am going to echo what someone else said: it might work better for you to take a full dose first before you go looking to try to identify micro-dose effects. I find that low-dose psychedelics can be very subtle, and until you know what a full dose is like, you may not even notice them.

That said, it's also possible you're naturally tolerant. I have tripped hundreds upon hundreds of times, on many things, but I have never had a full trip on LSD, despite having tried it over a dozen times, and at least half of those times I took the same dosage or a bit more than my companions, and they tripped nicely but I barely had threshold. I believe I am naturally tolerant to LSD.

I have been using LSD and other hallucinogens for years, usually in high doses. I have recently gotten into microdosing LSD. I buy 400-500 mcg tabs, and cut them into 12ths or 9ths, depending on my tolerance. I am currently on day 16 of chronic use. I started, by finding my own baseline/threshold. This is done through trial and error. Take too much, lower the dose, still feel the effects, lower the dose, and so on until it becomes sub-perceptual. Once i established a baseline, i cut my doses accordingly, and i began with one a day, as my tolerance built, i increased the number of doses. I am now up to nearly 100 mcg each day. Because of my increased tolerance, it is still SP. I have literally never felt better, happier. Colors are brilliant all the time. I have a great appreciation for everything in the world. Respect for all things.

Now to get to your issue, i think there are multiple factors playing into your situation. The diluted solution may be far less than you anticipate. You want to dose yourself as close to a perceived level as possible without going beyond it. Placebo has a major influence on this. Where you may feel like you are consuming a decent amount of product, the actual dose may be too insignificant. I take 1/12 of a single blotter hit. very small piece of paper. I would recommend taking a full dose, to know what the "worst/best" effects are. Then you can microdose. I have been receiving compliments from co-workers, on my attitude, and my abilities in my job, since i began this regimen. Don't dilute, just dose, the benefits will come as subtly as the dose itself, but when you realize the benefits, it will be clear to you how well it works. I will repost when i hit the 30 day mark.

I have been using LSD and other hallucinogens for years, usually in high doses. I have recently gotten into microdosing LSD. I buy 400-500 mcg tabs, and cut them into 12ths or 9ths, depending on my tolerance. I am currently on day 16 of chronic use. I started, by finding my own baseline/threshold. This is done through trial and error. Take too much, lower the dose, still feel the effects, lower the dose, and so on until it becomes sub-perceptual. Once i established a baseline, i cut my doses accordingly, and i began with one a day, as my tolerance built, i increased the number of doses. I am now up to nearly 100 mcg each day. Because of my increased tolerance, it is still SP. I have literally never felt better, happier. Colors are brilliant all the time. I have a great appreciation for everything in the world. Respect for all things.

Now to get to your issue, i think there are multiple factors playing into your situation. The diluted solution may be far less than you anticipate. You want to dose yourself as close to a perceived level as possible without going beyond it. Placebo has a major influence on this. Where you may feel like you are consuming a decent amount of product, the actual dose may be too insignificant. I take 1/12 of a single blotter hit. very small piece of paper. I would recommend taking a full dose, to know what the "worst/best" effects are. Then you can microdose. I have been receiving compliments from co-workers, on my attitude, and my abilities in my job, since i began this regimen. Don't dilute, just dose, the benefits will come as subtly as the dose itself, but when you realize the benefits, it will be clear to you how well it works. I will repost when i hit the 30 day mark.

Thanks for sharing your impressions. I've been experimenting with microdosing LSD as well. The big problem is always the quick tolerance buildup. To get the similar effects on the next day, I would have to double the microdose. Another problem is that even doubling the dose on the next day didn't always give me as strong results as the smaller dose the day before. The microdose on the next day also tends to work a bit differently - I would say less of 'broader perspective', more of ordinary stimulation. It is less desirable effect for me.

Eventually I decided to take my microdoses, which are 15-30mcg, every OTHER day or three times a week. This way it is much easier for me to achieve the desirable effects and also not use up too much blotter.

Do you take your microdose every day (and each day of the week)? If so, by how much do you increase the dose each day? You don't seem to double the dose if you are only on 100mcg on day 16.

I would love to be able to do microdosing everyday, but doubling the dose each day and achieving lesser and lesser effects each day is not a good solution. If I'd start a regimen with 15mcg after a week I would have to take almost 1000mcgs 'micro'-dose! :) (1st day -15mcg, 2nd day -30mcg, 3rd -60, 4th day -120, 5th -240, 6th -480, 7th, 960mcg) And it's only week 1!

So far I haven't found a way to fight the LSD tolerance. Maybe the up-regulation is impossible to overcome.
I have also tried to take another route - find ways to increase the potential of LSD without increasing doses. I've been trying to aid my microdosing with noopept/piracetam. I thought noopept could work as the next day LSD 'booster'. I haven't experimented with it much enough because Noopept, although able to increase the potential of LSD, also had other effects that I didn't like.

The challenge is still open! Anybody, any new ideas, suggestions as how to make LSD an everyday nootropic?

Last edited:
Expirience

I wouldn't mix a blotter with water and expect it to work to its full potential for any amount of time. Even if it did sit for a while.
If you want liquid try and get the alcohol based. A lot stronger and mabe a bit more expensive. If you have it on water then it's less potent. I personally like blotters because of the fact you can accurately split the dose with good mesure. Unless it is one of those 2 or 3 drops on one. My buddy fish likes to do me like that and not tell me wich is wich. I like the suprise :) if you ever get lsd it's better to leave it the way it is, you don't have as good a chance of messing stuff up.
Furthermore, there's a lot of analogs out there like 25-i , 25-c, that are so close to lsd effects that they dose the blotter saying it's Alice.Those are the sour tabs. There's been a few times I broke the golden rule and didn't spit it out. Kinda good but upsetting. Not an exceptible trip at all. And if you do tell your buddy to hit you once with a fire vile and he does a SQUIRT, don't freak, let it flow. Lay on your back and wide eye the heck outta the clouds or the stars and listen to myselium music spore sessions vol 28 ovoid on soundcloud and get ready for a ride you won't regret preferably on top of a hill so the sunset is astonishing.if you do find some 2cb it's a rather powder form. But super worth it. Visuals are blotchy rather than fluid but you feel like you can run for 200 miles. Pretty tight.

Last edited:
Here is something i came across about Micro dosing lsd...
http://peacefulwarriors.net/this-re...can-enhance-mental-function-physical-ability/

This Revolutionary Way Of Using Psychedelics Can Enhance Mental Function & Physical Ability

AUGUST 8, 2014 / 7775 VIEWS
microdose

Micro-dosing is taking sub-perceptual (6-25 microgram LSD, 0.2-0.5 gram dried mushrooms, 50-75 microgram mescaline HCL) while keeping up with ones daily activities, engaging in extreme sports, appreciating nature or enhancing one’s spiritual practice.

This manner of integrating psychedelics, also known as a psycholytic dose, doesn’t inhibit ego-functioning as the ‘heroic’ Terence McKenna dose does. It can be much easier integrated into everyday functioning. What are the benefits of taking psychedelic micro doses?

Athletic Performance
James Oroc, the author of the amazing book Tryptamine Palace: 5-MeO-DMT and the Sonoran Desert Toad, while writing about the secret affair between psychedelics and extreme sports, stated that while taking psychedelics at lower doses, the “cognitive functioning, emotional balance, and physical stamina were actually found to be improved.”

Virtually all athletes who learn to use LSD
 at psycholytic dosages believe that the use of these compounds improves both their stamina and their abilities. According to the combined reports of 40 years of use by the extreme sports underground, LSD can increase your re- flex time to lightning speed, improve your balance to the point of perfection, increase your concentration until you experience “tunnel vision,” and make you impervious to weakness or pain.

“LSD’s effects in these regards amongst the extreme-sport community are in fact legendary, universal, and without dispute.” – James Oroc

Sprituality
Myron Stolaroff, while writing about the usefulness of psychedelics in the practice of buddhism, argues that low doses of psychedelics can be extremely beneficial to improve ones meditation practice.

The use of low doses often can be much more effective in dealing with our “psychic garbage.” Many do not care for low doses because they can stir up uncomfortable feelings, and they prefer to transcend them by pushing on into higher states, but it is precisely these uncomfortable feelings that must be resolved to achieve true freedom.

With low doses, by focusing directly on the feelings and staying with them without aversion and without grasping, they will in time dissipate.Resolving one’s repressed feelings in this manner clears the inner being, permitting the True Self to manifest more steadily.The surfacing of buried feelings that this procedure permits often can bring new understanding of one’s personality dynamics

Creativity and Problem Solving
In the 60′s the creativity enhancing effects of psychedelics were already hailed as revolutionary, and these famous trippers would certainly agree. One significant study investigated the effect of 100 micrograms of LSD on top of the field experts who had been struggling with a hard problem for months. Their solutions were reviewed by a panel of other experts in the same field. As Tim Doody reports;

LSD absolutely had helped them solve their complex, seemingly intractable problems. And the establishment agreed.

The 26 men unleashed a slew of widely embraced innovations shortly after their LSD experiences, including a mathematical theorem for NOR gate circuits, a conceptual model of a photon, a linear electron accelerator beam-steering device, a new design for the vibratory microtome, a technical improvement of the magnetic tape recorder, blueprints for a private residency and an arts-and-crafts shopping plaza, and a space probe experiment designed to measure solar properties.

Experimenting With Psychedelic Micro Doses
To be able to experiment with these states of conscious in a safe and constructive manner, be sure to follow these guidelines.

Start out with a dose on the lower end of the psycholytic spectrum and record how you react to it. A too high dose makes you incapable of following your normal routine and you stay in the limbo/coming up phase the whole time, which is neither clear nor trippy and often uncomfortable.
Follow your normal routine, especially sleeping, eating, working and spiritual practice.
Be conservative with consecutive doses. Building a tolerance is unlikely, but having a normal baseline improves integrity of action.
Like this article? Then join the Conversation with many others in EWAO !

Credit: Martijn Schirp – High Existence

Art by Brandon Moore