• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD dosage question

Weed and LSD seems to potentially be a very bad combination.
I've honestly never tried any psychedelic without weed, save for 25i. Every time the weed comes out the trip gets more pleasant, no matter the substance. Maybe it's because I have a tolerance usually that permits weed to just be relaxing.

I smoked pot daily for three years straight, that probably explains why it was always accompanying my trips.

I realize some people get paranoia on pot though, I do if I'm in the wrong place or wrong time.

Last edited:
but the concept sounds overrated, and from reports I see, it doesn't always end well. I've never had a bad acid trip though.
For a festival adding some MDMA towards the end of my trip, as it gets dark in the night time, works well for me. Keeps me going and warms me up for a night of dancing, when I'm starting to get tired after a day of tripping.

As for tripping multiple days in a row I have managed to do it many times, although by the end the dosages can start to feel like a waste. Mixing up your psychedelics helps as well. Perhaps mushrooms or another tryptamine one day, 2ce and LSD on others. I often find that tripping almost gets normal, or it loses it's novelty by the last day (although taking more might sort that out). I also second mixing it up with some k for more immersion, many festivals I've taken some psilocybin and k on the last day and just sat on a hill watching the world warp.

I've honestly never tried any psychedelic without weed, save for 25i. Every time the weed comes out the trip gets more pleasant, no matter the substance. Maybe it's because I have a tolerance usually that permits weed to just be relaxing.

I smoked pot daily for three years straight, that probably explains why it was always accompanying my trips.

I realize some people get paranoia on pot though, I do if I'm in the wrong place or wrong time.
You are thinking weed paranoia gets in and messes up your trip. I think something else entirely is happening. The problem starts as a psychedelic reaction that changes your reaction to weed.

i always smoke weed/hash joints during my lsd trips....mostly during the end of my peak ....helps with a little kick as you are coming down

I have never tried any other drug besides lsd, mdma and marijuana

so i have absolutely no idea about any RCs or Ketamine...

I was thinking...
Day1: Only LSD
Day 2: Only MDMA
Day 3: MDMA+LSD

Weed + Alcohol on all days

I think if I can achieve being very high with the above consumption I'd consider it a success !!

It will not take two weeks, I assure you, I have done it. The effect of tolerance can ALWAYS be surmounted by an increase in dose. I have taken graduate pharmacology, we learned about tolerance, LSD acts in the same way every other drug does. It agonizes the TAAR1, the same receptor as amphetamine, to cause concurrent Serotonin and Dopamine release verrrry strongly. High doses of LSD, like over 600mcg, is what I usually have taken before. I have always been able to get the good stuff when I wanted to trip. Now, when I have taken 600mcg or above, I have found that I have to take an extra 300-400mcg plus the 600mcg previously dosed. So basically, you can play it safe by doubling it, or if you do not have a lot on handy then it would also be possible to raise it by, at least half. So if you said 300mcg, you could add 150-200mcg, total of 450-500mcg. The higher the dose before, the higher the dose you will have to take again for the same effect. The receptors you have for the drug to bind to are still there, they have just been "temporarily taken away," only some of them though, there are still places for the drug to bind, just less places, so you have to increase the drug amount to compensate for the lesser amount of binding spaces. Just think of it as the receptor is the lock, and Lucy is the key, that one key has to find one lock to fit into, but there are less doors if you have used the day before. I generally can wait a week and get the same effects, as I said, however, that may be because I have always taken large doses in the past when I used to trip.

You might be a little bit mistaken in saying that LSD releases serotonin or dopamine- it does neither of these significantly. Its primary effect is thought to be elicited by agonising the 5HT2a receptor group- it 'mimics' serotonin at these sites (and others) in a way that could be called more excitatory then serotonin itself, and can inadvertently release serotonin in other parts of the brain. But this is minimal and does not really contribute to the effects of LSD. I would be pretty wary about formulating a technique for overcoming drug tolerance using the above misconception.

To be honest, I think its actually pretty dangerous trying to overwhelm drug tolerance. It is certainly tempting, and can be effective, but tolerance can act as a way for us to allow our brain to attempt regaining of homeostasis and is possibly an effective safety mechanism in the face of psychoactive and exogenous chemicals entering the brain.

The hedonistic solution is to just use other classes of drugs, such as dissociatives. :)