Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD dosage question

greena

Greenlighter
Hello friends

recently I was at a festival and on the first evening I was there, at about 6 PM I dropped approx 300ug lsd. I had a great time, with some strong visuals and lots of dancing. about 10 hours after dropping the acid, at around 4 AM I went to sleep.

woke up after a good 10 hour sleep, hung around for a bit with my mates, and again at around 5 PM I dropped 300ug acid. So this is roughly 23-24 hours after I dropped it the previous day. However, this second day, I hardly feel any effects. It was the same batch of lsd i dropped on the previous day.

I would like to know, does your body build up tolerance in such a way that even after 24 hours you cannot feel any effects?

If I want to drop acid on consecutive days at a festival, will increasing dosage on subsequent days help in keeping the intensity ?

Thanks all

greena

Yes, tolerance builds up quickly. You should wait like 2 weeks to trip again. If you want to trip 2 days in a row, you need to like double the dose. This is not recommendable.

okay, thanks for this information...

but now...i fail to see the point in having 3-4 day long festivals if that is the case with lsd... I am assuming that most people go to music festivals to enjoy music on drugs...and with lsd...if you cannot enjoy it two days in a row....then why so many people attending multiple day long goa trance/psy trance festivals? unless there are some other psychedelic drugs that can help you in partying for a few days in a row?

There are other drugs, but you're simply not going to get something like a full-powered LSD trip two days in a row. When I go to a festival I usually trip/roll on one day and stick with Cannabis/caffeine/alcohol for the other days.

Yeah, I like to trip the first day and just chill with weed n alcohol the next days. I'm not a big fan of doing trips anywhere within a month of each other usually though. It keeps your tolerance at a good level, and gives you time to do other things in life.

You could always try taking a PEA the first day, and a tryptimine the second. I believe they would have less cross tolerance.

okay, thanks for this information...

but now...i fail to see the point in having 3-4 day long festivals if that is the case with lsd... I am assuming that most people go to music festivals to enjoy music on drugs...and with lsd...if you cannot enjoy it two days in a row....then why so many people attending multiple day long goa trance/psy trance festivals? unless there are some other psychedelic drugs that can help you in partying for a few days in a row?

Firstly you don't need drugs to enjoy a festival. Most people tend to use multiple classes of drugs when goin to festivals. For me I like using Tryptamines the first day, mdma or mda the second. Third day is usually some booze and weed. Maybe a little amphetamine to keep me going.

At festivals I've always had good luck just taking 1.5-2x the dosage on the second day. It also helps to have some K or MDMA on hand so you can take a few bumps or flip the trip if things aren't immersive enough.

There are some naysayers in here, I guess, but you certainly can have a full powered LSD trips two days in a row. It's not always gonna happen, but if you are mindful of your dosage scheme it can work.

thanks a lot for all this information, to be honest i have never tried increasing the dosage the next day, so this is something i am going to try next time and see how it goes.

i also wanted to ask, is a combination of mdma and lsd dangerous? i met this person at a party recently and he told me that he had lsd and a few hours into his trip he had some mdma. when i met him he was passing off more a much more mdma vibes/personality than lsd....very bouncy and unable to chill....i was just enjoying myself with my eyes closed and he just kept disturbing me insisting that i keep my eyes open..lol..

and what about cocaine and lsd a few days after that?

i have never tried cocaine and i am very inclined to give it a go..maybe in a club environment?

I am asking all these questions because I have a holiday coming up and I just wanna make sure it is one hell of a party

Firstly you don't need drugs to enjoy a festival. Most people tend to use multiple classes of drugs when goin to festivals. For me I like using Tryptamines the first day, mdma or mda the second. Third day is usually some booze and weed. Maybe a little amphetamine to keep me going.

Okay I agree, not everyone will need drugs to enjoy a festival....but for me personally drugs make it just wayyyyy more fun

Yeah, I like to trip the first day and just chill with weed n alcohol the next days. I'm not a big fan of doing trips anywhere within a month of each other usually though. It keeps your tolerance at a good level, and gives you time to do other things in life.

You could always try taking a PEA the first day, and a tryptimine the second. I believe they would have less cross tolerance.

they have soooo many amazing artists/djs playing at some of the big festivals....just being able to trip once over a course of 3-4 days just seems too little to me...unfair almost

Be careful with that cocaine. Most of the stuff in the USA has been of poor quality for a while and other parts of the world are beginning to get that way too.

leave it a couple of months before doing LSD again try E the next night I personally have had much better nights at festivals on E mixed with speed than any other drug happy days

It will not take two weeks, I assure you, I have done it. The effect of tolerance can ALWAYS be surmounted by an increase in dose. I have taken graduate pharmacology, we learned about tolerance, LSD acts in the same way every other drug does. It agonizes the TAAR1, the same receptor as amphetamine, to cause concurrent Serotonin and Dopamine release verrrry strongly. High doses of LSD, like over 600mcg, is what I usually have taken before. I have always been able to get the good stuff when I wanted to trip. Now, when I have taken 600mcg or above, I have found that I have to take an extra 300-400mcg plus the 600mcg previously dosed. So basically, you can play it safe by doubling it, or if you do not have a lot on handy then it would also be possible to raise it by, at least half. So if you said 300mcg, you could add 150-200mcg, total of 450-500mcg. The higher the dose before, the higher the dose you will have to take again for the same effect. The receptors you have for the drug to bind to are still there, they have just been "temporarily taken away," only some of them though, there are still places for the drug to bind, just less places, so you have to increase the drug amount to compensate for the lesser amount of binding spaces. Just think of it as the receptor is the lock, and Lucy is the key, that one key has to find one lock to fit into, but there are less doors if you have used the day before. I generally can wait a week and get the same effects, as I said, however, that may be because I have always taken large doses in the past when I used to trip.

i don't think coke would go well with lsd as it might make you very paranoid, and i've heard people saying it diminishes the psychedelia. and coke to me just doesn't seem like it would go well in a festival environment (simply my opinion), and i'd suggest mdma or another empathogenic stimulant if you want to be amped up.

Coke sucks with LSD, it's fun until the comedown hits then it's fucking terrible for the next 8 hours

I've never had the chance to experience a multi day festival with lsd, but I think if you insist on being blasted all 4 days, this is how I'd do it.
Day 1, mdma (opens the bond for meeting new individuals, residual effects and friends to relate to)
Day 2, lsd
Day 3, cannabis and/or alchohol
Day 4, eigther attempt lsd again (48 hour gap) or mushrooms.

Happy tripping :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I have done it, ONCE. Never, ever, again. It didn't mess my trip up for 8 hours, but the hour I was coming down definitely felt like 8, it still didn't ruin the rest of the trip for me :)

I wasnt thinking of mixing cocaine with lsd on the same day.....but I agree that a festival is probably not the best environment to be on coke

the more i read about mixing lsd and mdma...the more i wanna give it a go....Candy Flipping!!!

I wasnt thinking of mixing cocaine with lsd on the same day.....but I agree that a festival is probably not the best environment to be on coke

the more i read about mixing lsd and mdma...the more i wanna give it a go....Candy Flipping!!!
Have you tried LSD before? I personally have little experience with MDMA, but personally I feel the idea of candy flipping came about because people wanted to force positivity on their acid trips. I don't believe in doing that. But then again, the only drugs I mix with other drugs are pot n booze.

If you've never done acid before, then you should definitely try it alone first. Maybe with some pot if you're a pot head like myself.

Edit: Just read you have indeed tried it. I guess it's up to you, but the concept sounds overrated, and from reports I see, it doesn't always end well. I've never had a bad acid trip though.