• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Daily use as an Anti-Depressant

DMT is excellent in low daily doses, for me at least. I'm talking sub-psychedelic, around 5-10mg vaporized in the morning right upon waking.

You can also snort 10-15mg for a head-change that lasts a long time surprisingly.

I'm surprised no one has mention tolerance. If you do acid one day, you need to take twice as much the next day to get the same effects.

if you take very low doses (like 20-25ug) tolerance builds much slower.

samadhi_smiles said:
DMT is excellent in low daily doses, for me at least. I'm talking sub-psychedelic, around 5-10mg vaporized in the morning right upon waking.

You can also snort 10-15mg for a head-change that lasts a long time surprisingly.

I like the sound of your breakfast table samadhi.

I've tried the same with mushrooms but after a few days it just didn't work anymore because of tolerance. I'd look for another substance.

How about an anti-depressant? :\

Aeon Psyche said:
I've tried the same with mushrooms but after a few days it just didn't work anymore because of tolerance. I'd look for another substance.

How about an anti-depressant? :\
in my opinion psychedelics are much better antidepressants because:
- they work right away
- SSRI's are full of side effects, only work after 4 weeks so you dont even know if this one will work
- you cant take mdma on antidepressants
- they arent as effective

Not all anti-depressants are SSRI's now are they? In my experience psychedelics are not going to help a depressed person because one of the main rules for taking psychs is that you need to be in a happy state or a bad trip is bound to happen. Maybe if you do take real low dosages this rule applies less. But it won't as effective. How about building up slowly with psychs and keep increasing the dose untill you don't need it anymore?

we aint talking about daily trips here but low mood boosting dosages, there is alot succes using them this way

How about building up slowly with psychs and keep increasing the dose untill you don't need it anymore?
yes thats a good idea

Not all anti-depressants are SSRI's now are they?
you aint gotta tell me but tell 90% of the psychiatrist

Yes, I'll cut a tenth of this psychiatrist off (his head or something) and tell him :s

No, seriously. What did you mean by that?

Yes MeDieVil I meant daily use for a long time... Only in very small amounts though. I don't want to get the psychedelic experience or visual but just the mood lift it gives you.

I would have like around a tenth of a tab or something in the morning every morning... I will be on holidays soon for a while so I might have to give it a go.

many ppl used psychedelics that way with great succes, i suggest you try it
the only issue you might have is tolerance, but then again tolerance isnt reported to happen to the antidepressant effects

i am planning to do the same thing with DMT when i get my hands on it, might give it a try with schrooms too:)

@Aeon Psyche
many throw SSRI's at everything

Hell, I'm still on a 5-HT Reuptake Inhibitor. It is the one med where I honestly cannot tell if it is having any substantive effect on me anymore--I'm just afraid of stopping it because I know how much the withdrawals suck ass.

MeDieViL said:
in my opinion psychedelics are much better antidepressants because:
- they work right away
- SSRI's are full of side effects, only work after 4 weeks so you dont even know if this one will work
- you cant take mdma on antidepressants
- they arent as effective

lol ^^ You cant take mdma anymore. I don't think thats a big deal for a severely depressed person, The old disco biscuits should be avoided when you are already in a state of scrambled depression.

Brain Tetris

Aeon Psyche said:
....because one of the main rules(?)
for taking psychs
is that you need to be in a happy state
or a bad trip
is bound to happen.

Bit unfair.
I suggest'd the same thin' to my SO
weeks before (she be) tryin' LSD,
she said I was already 'setting' 'set'.... :)

I've personally found some of my
most 'important'*
&
beneficial
(esp. in the long term)
experiences have been
difficult...
...at points...

...But I still dig the story of movin' the heavy stuff
first;
then the lighter stuff,
well,
jus' feels like feathers...
maybe feathers,
maybe .'s l...;)

IMHO
PEACE
UnS
:)

Last edited:
theWorldWithin said:
lol ^^ You cant take mdma anymore. I don't think thats a big deal for a severely depressed person, The old disco biscuits should be avoided when you are already in a state of scrambled depression.
really depends on how much your depressed, for some ppl like me it would be a big issue

@mushi mushi 88
if you try this please post a log on how you are doing, i'm gonna try the same thing with DMT one of the days, as i just got it in the mail=D

another option might be AMT wich was developped for this purpose in russia

Ah, but AMT is a strong MAOI (more so than a psychedelic), so watch out for typical MAOI related side effects.

AMT is one of those weird rarities of psychedelia that I have always wanted to try but never encountered. Apparently it is also quite the effective stimulant.

Food Warnin'?

^
So next time AMTin',
breakfast/dinner should NOT
be Gorgonzola,
Chorizo,
Fresh Bread
&
Cheap Shiraz...?

I only ax' because that's the shit after I'm cravin'
& often eat/drink
afta LSD + other psikes....

I Hope Someone Can Answer This Directly...

PEACE
UnS
:)

I did not write this: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=16655

but I did something like the author did for 5 days on two occasions and it works well and at the end of the week you get a light psychedelic trip (I got trails, some slightly breathing walls, the feeling of being very alive/present in the now) that isn't like a moderate/high dose LSD experience.

That being said I don't think that LSD is that good of an antidepressant (in low or high doses) but I get moderate/severe depression at times, and I've found that actual talk therapy with an SSRI works a lot better for me. Changing your diet, exercising a lot, and doing other things can help a bit too with depression.

I no longer trip and part of that is because I get badly depressed. My depression wasn't caused by psychedelics but I'm pretty sure it's hereditary (my dad gets depressed but we don't really talk about it and he doesn't believe in therapy, also other relatives are depressed some worse than I am), and I have had some messed up stuff happen to me in my life. I don't mean to hijack this thread but I figured I'd write about my experience doing this.