• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD-cure depression in bipolar disorder.

I think I'm going to try it. Only thing is I just started a new job with a steep learning curve. Idk if this is the best time.
I’d certainly talk to your psychiatrist about it and see if you are a suitable candidate. It’s usually only given AFTER drug treatments have failed. But if I had to choose I’d go with the ECT and forget about the drugs given all their side effects.

With each treatment you need a whole day off work and someone to take you home from the hospital because you’ve had a general anaesthetic.

Wow, I was always affrayed by ETC, maybe because of the image it has in social culture, or maybe because I don't think a seizure is a good way to go..
I don't understand how this can work, I was thinking a lot about it some times ago, where I really thought it could be my last resort.
Still I'm fine for now, as I said I'm sot reassured about ETC therapy.
Nice to have your ideas !

Sorry, I didnt read the whole thread. Bipolar here. I spent 8 years with psychiatric drugs. It didnt not help at all. Even worst depressions.

Now Im 8-12 years doing only microdoses and Im having the most happy and productive years of my whole life. I haven´t had another mania or depression phase, but just normal, perfectly functional life. I basicly dose as I please. Sometimes I can be 3-5 months without taking any, and then 6 months microdosing almost dayly.

So in my experience 5ht psychs(plus some dissos)>>>>>>>psychyatric drugs by a long shot

I just avoid hero doses, even medium ones... just keep sure in the microdose to low dosage area

YMMV but probably you can heal yourself better than following strict psychiatric sheet. Just know yourself and be wise.
Hmmmm. Given the mangled wreckage made from self diagnosis and treatment I have seen, I'd be reluctant to advise such. But no judgement intended--a simple caveat from a shrink who has a lot more successes than failures. But in a coincidence, I asked some of the very same questions today on another forum--turns out I should have posted here first. So I was thinking about this guy Shane Mauss interviewed at: https://psychedelictimes.com/shane-mauss-psychonautics/ who went manic/psychotic from too many psychedelics, and is very leery about repeating that experience, and was first of all wondering if psychedelics were risky like other antidepressants in the bipolar population? So going from a few of the posts on this topic, psychedelics do appear to have the potential to unleash mania in bipolar individuals. And so I wondered naturally, well what if microdosed? And lo and behold there is your post. You mentioned the meds didn't help much if at all with the depression, what about mania? I trust you have had manic episodes--any so severe that they resulted in hospitalization or emergency treatment? I.m really hoping to gather enough anecdotal data to frame possible research trials. Thanks.

how it works??? I think it fries pyrimidal cells, just enough. but only the ones that are active, which, if you have a compulsive or repetitive nature like OCD'ers are prone to having, then that context becomes fried. it's over.

Hmmmm. Given the mangled wreckage made from self diagnosis and treatment I have seen, I'd be reluctant to advise such. But no judgement intended--a simple caveat from a shrink who has a lot more successes than failures. But in a coincidence, I asked some of the very same questions today on another forum--turns out I should have posted here first. So I was thinking about this guy Shane Mauss interviewed at: https://psychedelictimes.com/shane-mauss-psychonautics/ who went manic/psychotic from too many psychedelics, and is very leery about repeating that experience, and was first of all wondering if psychedelics were risky like other antidepressants in the bipolar population? So going from a few of the posts on this topic, psychedelics do appear to have the potential to unleash mania in bipolar individuals. And so I wondered naturally, well what if microdosed? And lo and behold there is your post. You mentioned the meds didn't help much if at all with the depression, what about mania? I trust you have had manic episodes--any so severe that they resulted in hospitalization or emergency treatment? I.m really hoping to gather enough anecdotal data to frame possible research trials. Thanks.
Good luck, a noble goal.

My intuition would say that most people get (hypo)manic, I do anyway 90% of the time. I read a paper once that said psilocybin helped with depression in bipolar individuals. I went psychotic on AL-LAD after a month of hypomania. Anecdotal evidence is going to be tough, because as you saw in the OP, many don't know that they're manic (no offense).
I hope to hear from you again :)

Good luck, a noble goal.

My intuition would say that most people get (hypo)manic, I do anyway 90% of the time. I read a paper once that said psilocybin helped with depression in bipolar individuals. I went psychotic on AL-LAD after a month of hypomania. Anecdotal evidence is going to be tough, because as you saw in the OP, many don't know that they're manic (no offense).
I hope to hear from you again :)
Thanks, and I totally get that many don't know know that ..... It never fails to amaze me when folks are bouncing off the walls, sleep 3 hrs a nite and are good to go, hornier than a pack of rabbots, constantly getting in arguments, even altercations and haven't a clue, as they whistle on. AL-LAD a lot of LSD? Sorry new to the forum, but loving it. I am hoping that enough folk with a diagnosis--current or past--of bipolar might chime in. We'll see.

how it works??? I think it fries pyrimidal cells, just enough. but only the ones that are active, which, if you have a compulsive or repetitive nature like OCD'ers are prone to having, then that context becomes fried. it's over.
Did you ever have ECT?

Was it really psychedelics that sent him mad? Or was he mad anyway? i saw that film he made and it seemed like a PR stunt - hes a really shit comedian and this was his last chance of getting a few quid and making a name for himself. If hed made the film and just said "getting drugged up is great" netflix wouldnt have touched it. "Going mad" was his only route to fame. Its a well thought out con - he still supports drugs so he gets the drug crowd but he says he went mad because of drugs so he gets the antidrug crowd and mainstream exposure too. People who have never touched psychedelics go mad every single day.

Even he did genuinely go mad from taking psychedelics its still misleading cos ive taken about a thousand times more psychedelics than he has and im as happy as larry.

Last edited:
Thanks, and I totally get that many don't know know that ..... It never fails to amaze me when folks are bouncing off the walls, sleep 3 hrs a nite and are good to go, hornier than a pack of rabbots, constantly getting in arguments, even altercations and haven't a clue, as they whistle on. AL-LAD a lot of LSD? Sorry new to the forum, but loving it. I am hoping that enough folk with a diagnosis--current or past--of bipolar might chime in. We'll see.
AL-LAD is an LSD like drug, somewhat different but as strong. It's not necessarily being aware of it either, memories of trips and events fade, and the good remains.

Hi everyone, again. So it went trough my toughs, I was diagnosed HP many years ago, and "high IQ" while I was child, it never bother me much, never really went into theses questions (and never had any trouble or anything..so yes ''all'' went "easy" if I can say), but I know I am hyper-aware of people's emotions, and I'm maybe too much pragmatic, but always with a touch of humour most people don't understand (my rare best friends catch it, but mostly it seems weird to most people, apparently (what I say and take for a joke)).
Nevertheless, I'm asking me if there could be a link between HP (+ hyper-sensitive) and bipolarity (and other stuffs, but I really focus on that specific topic for now) could these be linked in some way ?
Because recently I read some books about HP's and many thinks are exactly how I'm living/thinking/acting/feeling, I was curious about it because I saw a paper while giving a little tidy, of a psychiatrist I had to see (elsewere I really can't see them, sorry, I'm always affrayed they would put me in PH (psych' hospital), even if I may need to see one again now), and reading the paper he had to deliver to the police where he had to give details about me, and it came back again has I'm most propably an HP...so I got curious about that. (Yes it was during a that bad bad event, as I've explained before, my neighbour died at home nearly 3 years now since and can't get it out of my mind, and someone said a lot of liars (+ put false "proofs" of what she said, it was a total non-respect, calculated to crush me, but I was stronger, I'm stronger) and so it all began, but finally it's OK, everything is fine, I'm ok with it I don't wan't to see that person suffer like I really wanted to, while all this shit happened, because of that person liars, giving me an extra vacancy to jail; sorry I'm out of topic again I think this event is too fresh and somehow I need to talk about it but it's not the right place..).

So do you think there may be a link between HP and/or hyper-sensitivity and bipolar disorder?
Because many signs of HP and bipolar seems so close, even if there are so many similarities there are also some differences (but it's all about interpretation right?).

Thanks!

Thanks all.

I don't believe there is a correlation between hyper sensitivity and bipolar disorder. A high IQ probably isn't directly related either, but people with high verbal IQs are in general more sensitive and perceptive to social dynamics and see links that others don't, which in combination with all the rest might lead to a lot of overthinking,

Also, you should see a psychiatrist, as far as I know they can't forcefully put you in the psychiatric ward unless you're specifically endangering people, or if your family reports you or whatever. You might be somewhat manic again and you might benefit from mood stabilizers (do you any experience with any?), or could maybe benefit from therapy? Anyway, if forcefully placing you in a psych ward is off the table (I'll look it up again tomorrow), that's one less factor to take in consideration ;) nobody will force you to take any meds either. I saw a psychiatrist once and she thought I full blown manic on the spot, recommended I admit myself to a psychiatry, but I refused and that was it.

Don't really know anything about hypersensitivity.... I'm sure I've said this before, but good luck again ;) it'll seem like lame advice, and it is, but overthink less, leads to nothing good.

Take care man! :D

Was it really psychedelics that sent him mad? Or was he mad anyway? i saw that film he made and it seemed like a PR stunt - hes a really shit comedian and this was his last chance of getting a few quid and making a name for himself. If hed made the film and just said "getting drugged up is great" netflix wouldnt have touched it. "Going mad" was his only route to fame. Its a well thought out con - he still supports drugs so he gets the drug crowd but he says he went mad because of drugs so he gets the antidrug crowd and mainstream exposure too. People who have never touched psychedelics go mad every single day.

Even he did genuinely go mad from taking psychedelics its still misleading cos ive taken about a thousand times more psychedelics than he has and im as happy as larry.
Who ultimately knows, but him and perhaps his shrink. I get the sense it's the real deal. And no I am not proposing that psychedelics make you crazy--they have been very good to me--only that they may trigger an illness like bipolar disorder into full blossum. From the interview it seems he was aware at least of manic-depressive tendencies (seems like many comedians are, Robin Williams being the best example), that were set ablaze into a full blown manic/psychotic episode by a stretch of very high dose shrooming.

Hi everyone, again. So it went trough my toughs, I was diagnosed HP many years ago, and "high IQ" while I was child, it never bother me much, never really went into theses questions (and never had any trouble or anything..so yes ''all'' went "easy" if I can say), but I know I am hyper-aware of people's emotions, and I'm maybe too much pragmatic, but always with a touch of humour most people don't understand (my rare best friends catch it, but mostly it seems weird to most people, apparently (what I say and take for a joke)).
Nevertheless, I'm asking me if there could be a link between HP (+ hyper-sensitive) and bipolarity (and other stuffs, but I really focus on that specific topic for now) could these be linked in some way ?
Because recently I read some books about HP's and many thinks are exactly how I'm living/thinking/acting/feeling, I was curious about it because I saw a paper while giving a little tidy, of a psychiatrist I had to see (elsewere I really can't see them, sorry, I'm always affrayed they would put me in PH (psych' hospital), even if I may need to see one again now), and reading the paper he had to deliver to the police where he had to give details about me, and it came back again has I'm most propably an HP...so I got curious about that. (Yes it was during a that bad bad event, as I've explained before, my neighbour died at home nearly 3 years now since and can't get it out of my mind, and someone said a lot of liars (+ put false "proofs" of what she said, it was a total non-respect, calculated to crush me, but I was stronger, I'm stronger) and so it all began, but finally it's OK, everything is fine, I'm ok with it I don't wan't to see that person suffer like I really wanted to, while all this shit happened, because of that person liars, giving me an extra vacancy to jail; sorry I'm out of topic again I think this event is too fresh and somehow I need to talk about it but it's not the right place..).

So do you think there may be a link between HP and/or hyper-sensitivity and bipolar disorder?
Because many signs of HP and bipolar seems so close, even if there are so many similarities there are also some differences (but it's all about interpretation right?).

Thanks!

Thanks all.
What is HP? As for hypersensitivity, this can indicate borderline personality disorder, as well as narcissistic personality disorder, and histrionic personality disorder. But you should see a psychiatrist, or mental health or medical professional. Tell them about the drugs you take and which ones you are prescribed. Now they have Skype/FaceTime apps so you do not even have to go see a doctor in person.

@psicho is this about where a lawyer got you a reduced sentence in court for a crime that you committed which involved a psych assessment, because if that is the case, you really did get out of jail free and should cooperate with the shrinks.

@psicho is this about where a lawyer got you a reduced sentence in court for a crime that you committed which involved a psych assessment, because if that is the case, you really did get out of jail free and should cooperate with the shrinks.
I only fuck ex-patients and never fuck over paying patients.