• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and the mothers who don't "get it"

You might point out to her some of the trials that have been done with psychedelics - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26841800

"Recent and exciting developments in the field have occurred in clinical research, where several double-blind placebo-controlled phase 2 studies of psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy in patients with cancer-related psychosocial distress have demonstrated unprecedented positive relief of anxiety and depression. Two small pilot studies of psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy also have shown positive benefit in treating both alcohol and nicotine addiction."

Psychedelics are increasingly being used to treat anxiety, depression and addiction clinically, but unfortunately it is very rough going for the researchers because there is so much stigma.

Are you a drug user yourself, or are you on this board to try and better understand your son?

I am a long-time user of psychedelics. I wish my son could have known their healing power. That might well have saved him.

Thank you for your kind words.

Last edited:
it doesn't help our cause to be telling people that psychs have healing powers when we are currently also fucked up on opiates or stims. if your life is a mess due to hard drugs nobody will really take you seriously if you start preaching about psychs....if they were so great why don't they make you stop doing opiates? (which they do for some people, but you get what I'm saying)

it doesn't help our cause to be telling people that psychs have healing powers when we are currently also fucked up on opiates or stims. if your life is a mess due to hard drugs nobody will really take you seriously if you start preaching about psychs....if they were so great why don't they make you stop doing opiates? (which they do for some people, but you get what I'm saying)

This was not about me. It was about my son, a long-time user of oxy/meth who died last week.

I was talking to the OP Mr Peabody since he has that situation. Sorry about your son it must be super hard.

well I hate to break it to you but it is not harmless. There is a real psychiatric disorder with a diagnostic code,292.89 from the DSM-5, Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder. It seems to happen mostly with LSD but other halucinogens will bring it on as well. It isn't well researched because LSD isn't well researched and not that many people out of the general population take LSD. But it occurs often enough to merit it's own psychiatric diagnosis and a couple pages in the DSM. See below. There are support groups online for people with it and it's no fun at all. It's rare but unpredictable and they do not much about it but it's real and apparently occurs in about 4% of hallucinogen users.

Diagnostic Features
The hallmark of hallucinogen persisting perception disorder is the reexperiencing, when the
individual is sober, of the perceptual disturbances that were experienced while the individual
was intoxicated with the hallucinogen (Criterion A). The symptoms may include any
perceptual perturbations, but visual disturbances tend to be predominant. Typical of the abnormal
visual perceptions are geometric hallucinations, false perceptions of movement in
the peripheral visual fields, flashes of color, intensified colors, trails of images of moving objects
(i.e., images left suspended in the path of a moving object as seen in stroboscopic photography),
perceptions of entire objects, positive afterimages (i.e., a same-colored or
complementary-colored "shadow" of an object remaining after removal of the object), halos
around objects, or misperception of images as too large (macropsia) or too small (micropsia).
Duration of the visual disturbances may be episodic or nearly continuous and must cause
clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas
of functioning (Criterion B). The disturbances may last for weeks, months, or years. Other
explanations for the disturbances (e.g., brain lesions, preexisting psychosis, seizure disorders,
migraine aura without headaches) must be ruled out (Criterion C).
Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder occurs primarily after LSD (lysergic acid
diethylamide) use, but not exclusively. There does not appear to be a strong correlation between
hallucinogen persisting perception disorder and number of occasions of hallucinogen
use, with some instances of hallucinogen persisting perception disorder occurring in
individuals with minimal exposure to hallucinogens. Some instances of hallucinogen persisting
perception disorder may be triggered by use of other substances (e.g., cannabis or
alcohol) or in adaptation to dark environments.
Associated Features Supporting Diagnosis
Reality testing remains intact in individuals with hallucinogen persisting perception disorder
(i.e., the individual is aware that the disturbance is linked to the effect of the drug).
If this is not the case, another disorder might better explain the abnormal perceptions.
Prevalence
Prevalence estimates of hallucinogen persisting perception disorder are unknown. Initial
prevalence estimates of the disorder among individuals who use hallucinogens is approximately
4.2%.

Or HPPD is triggering already there qualities that some people have but don't notice till they take a hallucinogenic drug... no one really knows or understands it so not a lot of reason to bring it up. Just cause someone talked about death wouldn't mean you need to bring up suicide prevention, same as with LSD. If they are not about to take LSD then why bring up a 4% in the population of users chance?

my hppd went away after about a year or two....and now i can trip a lot and it never comes back. wonder if it was just due to youth or something else

The more information people have the better, and not just the OP will read my post.