• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

lsd alone at night in my room, first time?

TheBeatles

Bluelighter
ok so i'll finally be getting acid soon, and i plan on doing it alone. i've done a lot of research on acid, and i'm pretty sure i'm ready for it. btw i'm 17, does this make a difference? anyways i plan on doing it at night in my room when my parents are asleep. i only plan on taking one hit, and my source tells me it's really a light dose. so during acid how conscious will i be? like will i just me making random sounds, talking, or laughing? bc i want to pretty much stay silent, listen to music, and be involved in my own thoughts and think about current issues in my life. is this a good idea, and can i realistically get away with this? thanks

First time I took acid, it was a powerful half tab, which might be the equivalent of your light full tab. It so happens that I took it in my room, at night, while my roommates were asleep. Everything went absolutely fine. I was very much myself, just a euphoric, clear-headed, creative me. I think there's very little chance of a bad trip, and if you have former experience with psychedelics, you should even be able to pull off interactions with other people - though I recommend avoiding this if possible.

Now, for all that, would I do it again? No. I think it was reckless. Next time I did acid was with friends, in the bush, and it was much better. But if you want to go ahead with it, you should be all right; I just think you're better off waiting for different circumstances. Finding a friend to do it with you or trip sit, and doing it during the day, would be better. You might get a hangover like I did and then have work (or school) the next day, and believe me, that's a bad combination! But whatever you decide, best of luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Depends a lot on your personality. I'm very comfortable tripping alone. My only difficult trips have been due to interaction with other people. But some people aren't very comfortable alone.

Ask you how comfortable are you alone? Are you the kind of person who's more comfortable alone, comfortable with yourself, or are you the kind of person who feels more at ease among your friends?

anyways i plan on doing it at night in my room when my parents are asleep.

Bad, bad idea. Unless the dose you're going to take is less than threshold (1/8 or even less of a tab) then being afraid to make any sound for fear of waking your parents is going to be a terrible experience. What are you going to do when your parents wake up? You'll still be very under the influence of acid after 8 hours particularly your first time.

my first time was in your situation and it was a heavy dose. it was fine. no noise and i didn't worry about the parents at all. ever since, solo trips have been the most enjoyable and fruitful. at one hit you should be fine.

and i didn't worry about the parents at all.

Did you give a shit whether your parents caught you tripping or not tho? What happened when your parents woke up and you were still under the influence? Did you just shout "Call the fucking cops if you want to" at them from inside your room?

It depends on your parents.

Also, you'd have to be pretty fucked up to be making enough noise to wake someone. LSD makes me (at least) rather sensitive to sound.

be aware that things can go terrible wrong. IMO tripping alone isn't for begginers.

Yeah broski, even on one tab you might tap into the deep meditative state that LSD can bring on. And If you're not ready for that then god help you. I spend the majoriy of my time meditating and trying to attain higher states. But when I took LSD and acidently stumbled into that energy I almost freaked the fuck out. But I went up to white bird and talked to a sober sitter for a while to help convince me that regardless of the crazy astral transgression shit I was going through that reality would prevail. Don't do it alone, think about obtaining another tab and giving to a friend that you don't collide with.

my first time was in your situation and it was a heavy dose. it was fine. no noise and i didn't worry about the parents at all. ever since, solo trips have been the most enjoyable and fruitful. at one hit you should be fine.
My whole concern about this is that since he is asking that means he has a shadow of a doubt at the least. which could possibly manifest and then well he's headed to hell in a friggin' basket made out of knives and needles.

thanks everyone. i actually plan on doing it on saturday night, so i won't have school the next day. my only real concern now is my parents because they come and check on me. will i be able to hear them come, and will i be able to close my eyes when they're there? i'll go to bed around 11-12. my parents usually come around 1 to check. then at 5am when my dad goes to work, then again at 9 am when my mom goes to work. so at 1 and 5 i'll have to act like i'm alseep, and at 9 my mom sometimes talks to me, like asks yes or no questions like for a minute. will they figure out i'm on acid, or can i get away with this? the rest of the day i'll be home with my sister, like starting from 11am. by then no one will be able to tell, right? thx

Wether you can get away with it or not depends on if you can hold your shit down. You'd probably be surprised by how sober you are capable of acting, but no one can tell you whether you'll be good at it or not until you've tried it.

what do you plan to do if something goes wrong? what's your plan?

i think tripping alone the first time is somewhat irresponsible and i would not recommend it.

alasdair

I was gonna say go for it... but they check on you wtf? Are you 12?
I trip alone almost every time, I think its better. Being with someone else who is on a different level than you isnt fun, you will find yourself wanting go do something, but oh shit you cant because your with your friend

I agree, being with people who distract you from the trip will not allow you to go as deep as you might when you're alone. That being said, being with people can still be a really amazing time, and probably makes for an easier introduction to the psychedelic world.

Are your parents - by any chance - checking on you twice a night to determine if you've taken drugs?

you probably won't trip off 1 hit. Get 2 hits, take 1 and take another an hour later if you don't trip.

If you get just one you may waste your money.

haha no, i think it's out of habit, they just peek in once before they sleep (around 1ish) then again when they leave for work (5ish and 9ish)

haha maybe, but on a light dose, would i be able to pretend like i'm asleep? and any ideas for what i should do during the night, like will i get bored just thinking of thoughts, or should i have something for entertainment, like my mp3 player? thx