View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSA Worth trying?

nooodle

Bluelighter
I've been reading about LSA and the Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds, i've done LSD a bunch of times and people have said they're quite similar except that consuming the seeds can be nauseous for the start of the trip.

If anyone's tried LSA how different is it to LSD? Is it worth the nausea? I was gonna buy a bunch of HBW seeds online and have some with a friend but i don't know how it will go and how good the experience would actually be compared to acid.

If anyone is experienced or has tried LSA, lemme know.

Cheerssss

In my experience they are very different to LSD, and I have taken large doses of each. There is some overlap in the headspace and visual elements courtesy of them both being lysergamides of course but besides that I think they are quite dissimilar.

Granted, much of this difference might be a result of the nausea and significant bodyload of HBWR and other LSA-containing seeds... but for me the bodyload and nausea was significant, and very uncomfortable throughout the experience. LSD to me feels clean and stimulating, LSA in comparison is dirty and sedating. I did it a few times when I was younger and didn't have any access to LSD, but honestly I wouldn't bother again... Unless you just have some particular attraction to entirely "natural" hallucinogens, nausea and other negative effects notwithstanding, or are drawn somehow to substances that are quite unpleasant and difficult, then maybe it could be worth a try... otherwise, again, I wouldn't bother. For the record though in my own experience Hawaiian Baby Woodrose had far worse nausea and bodyload than Morning Glory, although honestly both were pretty bad.

If you're dead set on trying it anyway, I've never tried but I've seen it suggested that taking some motion sickness pills beforehand can help... and in my experience, weed also helps... but still not enough to make me want to try again.

I agree LSA-containing seeds/extract are more challenging body-wise, or can be.

But . . .

If you have fresh seeds (hand pick Morning Glory, if you can’t get fresh hbwr), the experience can be as “clean” feeling as LSD.
I have tripped on lsa and lsd well into the hundreds of times, and do value both.

As said already, there are some differences, albeit subtle to me.
I tend to get more natural themes like plants and vines mixed into a fractal overlay.
LSD gives me a more hyper-real HD technological vibe.
But most of that is largely due to my own experiences, background and suggestion.

To say the compound(s) should be avoided has merit; many find the bodyload huge and uncomfortable.
But . . .
I get huge body loads from eth-lad or 1p-lsd or lsd sometimes, too.
And sometimes from seeds.

I would suggest you find a fresh bunch of seeds and give it a try, starting small of course.
Crushing and soaking in distilled water works well. Look up various teks and try one.
Much better than just mow’ing down on handfulls of husky seeds!

Lastly, and this was touched upon above, there may be internally within you (certainly within me) that natural sources, taken in nature have something special in the peace of knowing this is just as it evolved - no synth, no purification, just grew. And our metabolism breaks down/converts/distributes the stuff we seek for us, no tek required.

And like Peyote, I read (can’t source at the moment) that these seeds contain other compounds, not just lysergic acid amides, which may contribute to the effects.

I still like it, and just last fall did a few MG trips. The year before that a couple HBWR trips. Throughout, I have enjoyed, and had challenges with various RC lysergamides.
So, if you like acid already, try it and you’ll know.
But don’t judge until you’ve tried some fresh seeds, still kinda soft. They get less visual and more crampy as they age (theory).
Good luck!

If you have fresh seeds (hand pick Morning Glory, if you can’t get fresh hbwr), the experience can be as “clean” feeling as LSD.
I have tripped on lsa and lsd well into the hundreds of times, and do value both.
This is pretty mind-boggling to me, the nausea was just so bad... :sick:

Admittedly though, I don't know how fresh my seeds were, I didn't pick them myself so they might have been quite old. I generally don't get much of a bodyload from LSD, luckily, although I've yet to try any of the newer analogues.

I think safety is a confusion addition here; it would be more down to whether or not you need/want to tick that box off your list. I say try it, so you know. You say you already know about lsd. Be the naut in psychonaut!

I have always picked them myself, sure of the variety, location and time of harvest. It absolutely makes a dif IME.
Try an extraction if you’re afraid of the nausea, and the other compounds. I frickin hate nausea, but fresh usually makes it no more than regular lsd.
And run around lots; be outside. YMMV

Fresh Morning Glory or HBWS are very potent and much different from the seeds that sit around for a bit. I have grown my own Morning Glories and as DrumTripper said those soft right off the vine seeds in say Nov-Dec of that year (North America) are up there with even great LSD. I had a friend in Florida that grew his own HBWS in a greenhouse. 3 of those fresh seeds right out of the pod felt like a strong blotter, no nausea. I cringe when I see people say they did 20 HBWS. They must be stale. But I even did a fresh seed trip when I had access to quality LSD. It is up there with the classics if done right.

I have also had some that were about 8 months old, all side effects, nausea and a light trip. For some reason LSA is not stable. Funny though, I have had nausea kill a trip, and then I have had trips where I started feeling nauseous, did a few tokes after a few crackers and the rest of the trip was wonderful.

I am a glutton for punishment, it took a few nauseous, crampy, sleepy trips to realize fresh is the way to go. Growing your own is rewarding.

I tried HBWR seeds once, they fit the description of old seeds everyone else is giving, nausea throughout the trip, sedating, and for me not visual or trippy, I just felt a bit of sedation and the nausea was very powerful.
Go with fresh ones as you don't need to waste your time really.

It's OK in high doses (I did 1 pack of seeds a few times and didn't get alot then once did 3 packs and was tripping pretty hard) but it's nothing on real LSD imo.

It can be much more sedating than lsd, and know there are a bunch of clavines in the mix, so the pharmacology is actually less simple.

Fresh Morning Glory or HBWS are very potent and much different from the seeds that sit around for a bit. I have grown my own Morning Glories and as DrumTripper said those soft right off the vine seeds in say Nov-Dec of that year (North America) are up there with even great LSD. I had a friend in Florida that grew his own HBWS in a greenhouse. 3 of those fresh seeds right out of the pod felt like a strong blotter, no nausea. I cringe when I see people say they did 20 HBWS. They must be stale. But I even did a fresh seed trip when I had access to quality LSD. It is up there with the classics if done right.

I have also had some that were about 8 months old, all side effects, nausea and a light trip. For some reason LSA is not stable. Funny though, I have had nausea kill a trip, and then I have had trips where I started feeling nauseous, did a few tokes after a few crackers and the rest of the trip was wonderful.

I am a glutton for punishment, it took a few nauseous, crampy, sleepy trips to realize fresh is the way to go. Growing your own is rewarding.
Cheers, if i go ahead and try this i'll be sure to try pickup some fresh seeds. Just wouldn't have any idea how to get fresh ones

But . . .

I tend to get more natural themes like plants and vines mixed into a fractal overlay.
But most of that is largely due to my own experiences, background and suggestion.

To say the compound(s) should be avoided has merit; many find the bodyload huge and uncomfortable.
But . . .

I would suggest you find a fresh bunch of seeds and give it a try, starting small of course.
Crushing and soaking in distilled water works well. Look up various teks and try one.

Lastly, and this was touched upon above, there may be internally within you (certainly within me) that natural sources, taken in nature have something special in the peace of knowing this is just as it evolved - no synth, no purification, just grew. And our metabolism breaks down/converts/distributes the stuff we seek for us, no tek required.

And like Peyote, I read (can’t source at the moment) that these seeds contain other compounds, not just lysergic acid amides, which may contribute to the effects.

I still like it, and just last fall did a few MG trips. The year before that a couple HBWR trips. Throughout, I have enjoyed, and had challenges with various RC lysergamides.
But don’t judge until you’ve tried some fresh seeds, still kinda soft. They get less visual and more crampy as they age (theory).
Good luck!
Thanks brotha hopefully i'll pickup some fresh seeds soon.

Seriously, by picking the seed pods yourself. If you look up morning glory, you’ll see what they look like. The vines are everywhere, here at least. They are so common, they are considered a noxious weed. It takes a while to pick enough, but that is part of a system; not just purchase and drop, but gather, process/prepare, ingest. It feels more shamanic, if I can borrow that term. Once you find them, you’ll see them everywhere. Look along back alleys, fences, behind gardens, in wild raspberry clusters, ditches, fields. I hope you get to try this, the hiking and gathering is fun.

Sounds exciting. I'm going to look for some. I have some which are pretty old. About 20 seeds. Might try them too and go through the nausea to get that blank out of my mind but picking out fresh ones sounds like a great idea. Now that I think about it, that's whay that gardener gave me that bunch in the morning while I meditated on top of the rock on Hampi, India. Should have popped them right then ?

But . . .

But . . .

Good luck!

Seriously, by picking the seed pods yourself. If you look up morning glory, you’ll see what they look like. The vines are everywhere, here at least. They are so common, they are considered a noxious weed. It takes a while to pick enough, but that is part of a system; not just purchase and drop, but gather, process/prepare, ingest. It feels more shamanic, if I can borrow that term. Once you find them, you’ll see them everywhere. Look along back alleys, fences, behind gardens, in wild raspberry clusters, ditches, fields. I hope you get to try this, the hiking and gathering is fun.

^Amen Mr. Peabody. When I had those fresh HBWS it only took 3. I was still holding on with that amount tripping very hard. I was wondering what would happen if a poor soul took 20 of these.

I think the only way to really utilize LSA/LSH correctly is by growing your own and monitoring it from there. Morning Glories are easiest. HBWS need warmer weather. Seeds from a vendor are usually old, sometimes years. So people eat 10-20 HBWS and think the stuff is bunk.

I was reading in the other thread about LSH and LSA. It was stated fresh seeds have more LSH which is more psychedelic. The notion of mixing in peppermint in the cold water extract to turn LSA into LSH has been thrown around. I am not sure how much that true or not. I like the speculation though and watching intelligent chemistry minded people get involved with that speculation.

If all psychedelics were unavailable and the only thing around were MG seeds a person that gave this a shot would be surprised. Now I admit I don't do it much. Once every few years because it is work. But that such a powerful psychedelic that grows all over is pretty miraculous.