• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSA Subthread] Dosage of Morning Glory Seeds

I did 600 morning glory seeds once, and rather stupidly just crushed them up and ate them without doing any kind of chemical extraction. The trip was strong and nice, but then after 2 hours I was completely overwhelmed by nausea. I was unable to move my head even the smallest amount without instigating 2 minutes of violent vomiting. This lasted for 4 hours and as you can imagine was a thoroughly horrendous experience. All I could do was try to lie as still as humanly possible - not easy when tripping.

The trip itself was good though not sufficiently exciting to make me want to repeat it in a hurry. I might possibly try it again in the future, but only via a chemical extraction method.:(

I managed to trip hard with 120-150 morning glory seeds....It was the first psychedelic i ever tried.

It depends on the LSA content of the batch you are using. The strength of potency between each batch you buy can and often does vary dramatically.

Morning Glory seeds can really kick your ass. I'd start with 100 and work your way up.

It's better to be patient and find your correct dose than too rush into it, take too many, and have a bad trip.

And MG's can really turn dark on you pretty quick.

As mentioned above....these seeds are a natural product and potency can vary by incredible amounts. I have had full-on effects with less than 100 seeds before, and other times only mild effects with 250 seeds. I highly recommend trying a small amount to gague the potency of what you have, and then working up from there. I would not just start out eating 600 seeds, and anyone who recommends you do so is offering dangerous advice to you.

I just found a bag of mg seeds (heavenly blues i belive) that i had totally forgot about, got about 320, what would be the best/easyest way of takein em. I was thinkin just orally, chewin em for a good 10 min and leting them soak in my mouth, then swallow em. I have done them once before, takin only 175 with little to no effects, some nausea thats about it.

all who can bear the taste of morning glory seeds deserve respect! lol it's just horrible, I did them 4 times and the 4rd time I vomited really soon after ingesting as much as i could before gag reflex...just thinking about the taste makes me shiver (even cactus doesn't do me that)
next time i'll retry lsa i'll do hbw as there is much less to eat.
400-600 mgs was where I had a moderate trip.

I have used the rule of thumb: "one microgram per seed" and have had strong trips on two hundred. I would therefore suggest a get acquainted dose of 75 seeds well chopped up in a blender. I have also had a trip on seven seeds that had not turned hard, as in straight from the vine. You should look a the literature and extraction methods or counter nausea methods first. I'm old school stomach ache and vomiting are part of the shamans bargain, but then I seem to be fairly resilient to those effects when every one around me is barfing there insides out.

Does anyone find the c.w.e. to work well? I've tried somewhat massive amounts using a c.w.e. and the second time the nausea was almost unbearable. I have yet to experience visuals either. More of a trippy mind buzz... but like I said the nausea was pretty intense the first hour until I took some upset stomach medicine.

Ugh, another exhumed corpse. :p

Check this thread out and read through it for your answer :)

Probably yes, but read to make your own informed decision.

The heavenly blues are the ones with the LSA. If they are treated with chemicals, it wil have to say so on the package so read the entire package. With low quality seeds like that (such as one you'd find in home depot or walmart) I would eat around 200, and wait an hour and guage it up from there. It sounds like a lot, but I at around 400 the few times I did it. I assume you're not going to extract the LSA, so you WILL feel nausea. Eat the seeds maybe 10 at a time, chewing really good. DO NOT take LSA if you feel depressed or anxious, it will make it a MILLION times worse. Don't talk to any cops, your pupils will look like dinner plates.

ok so im trying morning glory tommorow or the day after and i was wondering what a good dose(in number of seeds approx.) would be to have some visuals and have a fairly strong high but at the same time something that isnt to overwhelming and ive also read that alot of people grind up the seeds and put them in food or drinks but i dont have anything to grind them up with so is their any method i could/should use to help me digest them faster/easier and for them to take effect faster and more efficiently

also i have had a few experiences with psychedelics shrooms once,salvia 6 times,2c substances twice and i smoke pot pretty often if any of those things could effect me already maybe having a tolerance of some sort

ok so im trying morning glory tommorow or the day after and i was wondering what a good dose(in number of seeds approx.) would be to have some visuals and have a fairly strong high but at the same time something that isnt to overwhelming and ive also read that alot of people grind up the seeds and put them in food or drinks but i dont have anything to grind them up with so is their any method i could/should use to help me digest them faster/easier and for them to take effect faster and more efficiently

also i have had a few experiences with psychedelics shrooms once,salvia 6 times,2c substances twice and i smoke pot pretty often if any of those things could effect me already maybe having a tolerance of some sort
erowid said:
Light 50 - 100 seeds 1.5 - 3 g
Common 100 - 250 seeds 3 - 6 g
Strong 250 - 400 seeds 6 - 10 g
Heavy 400 + seeds 10 + g
400 seeds was the max i did. i got pleasant effects, it wasn't as much of a trip as shrooms but sometimes it can surprise you. it can be pretty euphoric and sometimes crazy trip stuff will happen

ive seen trip reports where people chewed the seeds but i couldn't imagine doing that. they taste insane, id rather munch on a bottle of foul tasting pills. if you have any cash i'd reccomend a grinder from walmart or something

there's not too much you can do about how bad it is. once i actually downed it with water, with a friend as an on the spot decision (careful with those on the spot decisions to use psych's lol). he got sick as hell. i nearly gagged but i have a stomach of steel and despite taking many drugs never puke. most get sick from morning glories and it often ruins their whole trip

so perhaps think about pepto bismol &/or benadryl

600 seeds + mint extract from grocery store gave me visuals like an 8th of mushrooms

I've done LSA [Lysergic Acid Amides, the chemical in MG seeds] for about a year now.
I suggest you wait until you have the proper items to tripp, or don't tripp on them at all. I know it is tempting to just chew them up, but you will get an extreme stomach ache. I will simplify this technique:

You will need:
•500 Morning glory seeds
•Bottled Water
•Scissors/Knife
•A masonry jar
•A bowl [like what you eat cold cereal out of]
•A t-shirt

○Get about 500 seeds. Normally this is too many because they will give you a stomach ache, but you are going to work around that using a "CWE", or "Cold Water Extraction".
○Find a pepper crusher, or anything to grind the seeds. If they are not ground up, then the LSA will be stuck inside the seed, and it will leave your body before you can digest the outside of the seed.
○Put the seeds in a container with a large opening. The best thing to use is a glass masonry jar. Or a jar that holds jelly.
○Pour some bottled water[or water without chlorine] into the jar, then pour in the 500 crushed seeds.
○Shake the jar, and put it in the fridge. Some people say the freezer is better, but I don't like thawing it out.
○Here is the controversial part: Keep shaking it for 12-48 hours.
○Now put your t-shirt over the jar, and pour the liquid into a bowl. Throw away all plant matter that is left in the jar after you empty the liquid into the bowl.
○ Get any kind of oil out of the kitchen. Vegetable oil, or even the oil that comes in those cans of tuna. Just get some oil. Pour some in the jar, put the liquid back into the jar, and shake it up. Shake like hell. Shake it like a polaroid picture.
○ Now pour it into ziplock bag. Wait about 10 minutes, and the oil will float to the top, and your CWE will stay on the bottom. The oil now contains many of the chemicals that make you sick, making the 500 seed dosage safe.
○Use your scissors to cut a small hole in the bottom of the bag, just big enough to let the liquid leak out into your jar.

Now add lemon juice, or anything with citric acid.

Use it then or put it in the freezer and enjoy on a rainy day :)
I prefer to use 3000 seeds and make a fun gelatin desert for me and 5 friends. :D

I quite recently took 750 seeds. I washed them, ground to a fine powder in a coffee grinder, put them in gel caps and consumed. Takes a long time for them to come on like 2 plus hours. The trip is like 14 hours long, but mild. I think the seeds provide for a slow release effect of the LSA. The nausea is a big drawback as it is present most of the trip. The next day I felt weak for the most part. However, it was a trip worth taking.

i ate 6 pkg. of seeds from a supermarket soaked them for 2 hours to eliminate the preservatives etc. about 500 seeds total. the comeup took 2 hours and stomach ache like you ate apple or watermelon seeds...but was rewarded when the "peak" hit with a mild pleasant trip. some pastel looking visuals. friends kept asking "whats it like?" thats not easy to answer. its very controllable and easy to maintain in public but enjoyable overall with a nice clean dayafter. worth an investigation should be quite safe and OTC

The other day i ground up 13 grams of heavenly blue morning glory seeds and soaked them in water for 3 hours, i then strained them and drank the water and ate the seed powder and nothing happend, before that i tried 250 seeds and nothing happened, is it possoble that i am immune to the effects or am i not doing somthing right, or am i just not taking enough???? i am a male and weigh 145.

The other day i ground up 13 grams of heavenly blue morning glory seeds and soaked them in water for 3 hours, i then strained them and drank the water and ate the seed powder and nothing happend, before that i tried 250 seeds and nothing happened, is it possoble that i am immune to the effects or am i not doing somthing right, or am i just not taking enough???? i am a male and weigh 145.

Did you use cold water? You should definitely have felt something from 250 seeds. I always chew the seeds, without doing the extraction; although it does cause nausea, it is highly effective. You might need a higher dose. If you get it right you will feel the come-up within an hour (on an empty stomach).

A few years ago I tried morning glory seeds a half dozen time and never got any effect. And I was pushing the dose too, up to several hundred seeds and I think maybe a dozen grams was my last try? Never got anything beyong terrible nausea, I kinda think a lot of morning glories reputation comes from obviously fake erowid reports. I'll note I never tried an extraction or anything similar to that, always just chewed the seeds in my mouth, but no i never got effect 1 from this "Drug"

Moe.ron, either you're naturally tolerant to LSA or you were using bunk/wrong type of seeds. The LSAs from Morning Glories and other plants are capable of providing as powerful a trip as any other natural entheogen. I introtuced friends to Morning Glories last summer, and they were utterly astonished at how hard they were tripping from a product they could buy from their local B&Q DIY store. They are very psychedelic.

Do a cold water extraction with 750 seeds. Works every time for me