• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Low Dose DMT (Non-Breakthrough)

But we are talking about an adult with a developed sense of self and identity, who is suffering a (probably, we weren't given much info here) genetically predisposed schizophrenic condition

That's correct.

But even 5-10mg would mess me up? What if I have benzos on hand? Or even anti-psychotics (Abilify)?

Everything else in my world is just so boring now. Plus, I need a new perspective.

It might be fine. It might ruin your life. Whether you have benzos or not doesn't change that.

That's correct.

But even 5-10mg would mess me up? What if I have benzos on hand? Or even anti-psychotics (Abilify)?

Everything else in my world is just so boring now. Plus, I need a new perspective.

I really can't say. And that's the problem. I don't know exactly what you're suffering from, or how it's manifested before, or how you'll react to psychedelic drugs. I couldn't in good conscience say that ANY dose of anything won't make things worse for you.

Benzos work to relieve anxiety but they take about half an hour to kick in, by which point it will long be over anyway. Abilify may help for acute psychotic episodes but it's a bit like taking some bandages in case you get your hand ripped off.

Also, since you'll only be getting short-acting threshold effects anyway, I doubt it's going to give you the perspective you're after. It'll likely be a cool and quirky five minutes after which you'll just be let down and want to take it higher anyway.

I understand the need to relieve boredom and I sympathise, truly. I just don't think hallucinogens are the way to go about it in your case. There are other, safer ways. Sorry.

Right, but as you'll see earlier in the thread, I advocate oral DMT anyway.

Get your mind decluttered and take an enormous dose of dmt in yopo, make sure its blown straight into your brain, then never do it again. Blow the godamn doors off, totally worth it for that piece that never comes back. Its in a better place and you werent using it anyways. The rest is a bunch of bullshit designed for the people who never quite knew when to leave a good party and those who live vicariously through keeping them around

COMMITT DAMN IT!

I thought you weren't supposed to take MAOIs with benzos? Or, well, anything?

I thought you weren't supposed to take MAOIs with benzos? Or, well, anything?

Oh, not true at all. That's a just a myth that stems from the fact that certain MAOIs can cause a hypertensive crisis when certain monoamine-containing foods are eaten with them (mainly heavily aged foods). Some people reason, "oh, wow, if you can't even eat certain foods with them you must not be able to take anything in combination with them!" The contraindications include tyramine and a few other related chemicals (perhaps l-tryptophan), all of which are only found in significant amounts in uncommon and expensive foods. Furthermore, it's only a few types of MAOIs that possess this restriction. Furthermore, even the ones that do possess this restriction, it's not as strict as people have been lead to believe. Taking inhibitor-type antidepressants in combination with MAOIs is also contraindicated. However, apparently amphetamines, for example, are perfectly safe when used in combination with the most restrictive MAOIs:

Im not taking Nardil but I'm taking 80mg Parnate. Recent studies show that if you're MAOI resistant stimulants can help. I'm taking 70 mg of Vyvanse and Ritalin (not Adderal). My blood pressure is normal and the MAOI started working. Some people go as high as 120mg with stimulants. Just watch your blood pressure. Of course the higher you go the dietary restrictions become more pertinent.

7/2/2014 - MRDIGBY - http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/1073591857-post542.html

Stimulant + MAOI journal

This is a good read: MAO Inhibtors: Risks, benefits, and lore. Wimbiscus, Molly MD; Olga Kostenk, MD; Donald Malone, MD. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine, vol. 77, no. 12, Dec 2010

Definitely do not do this without a knowledgeable sitter or guide that understands your personal risks and is prepared to deal with it without going to the hospital unless seriously necessary. I doubt you'll have as many issues as you fear, but preparing and reassuring oneself the experience will be ok by preparing for possible issues can help. If course don't get hung up on it and let it take from the experience too.

Be careful. There are much more enlightening things than substances. Try hiking the largest hill you can to watch the sun rise or set.

Sure. Do they work wonders undoing psychological damage to a susceptible individual? Do they reverse a triggered psychosis permanently?
They would stop the trip before the damage even occurs. I cant tell you how many bad trios ive stopped within 10 minutes from benzos. Ones that could have been 8 hour lsd trips.

Also LSD has a relatively slow onset compared to smoking DMT…
So it can be kind of rolled into slowly starting with the giggles and then the trip after about an hour…
My very first experience with DMT was smoking it with a dab pipe and after many years of extremely high LSD doses I figured what the hell, let’s go for the gusto…

Big mistake…
Thought I had died and gone to some far off state of sight and sound I wasn’t gonna come back from.
After a half hour I was ok but damn…
Be careful with that stuff…