• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Low Dose DMT (Non-Breakthrough)

No. 13 Baby

Bluelighter
How is it for you guys?

I read a thread on here about a guy who said he loves it. Gives him feelings of beauty, peace and joy - beyond description.

I've recently gained a little bit of experience with it (oral DMT) and I love it too. It inspired me to do my own extraction so I could obtain more.

In large doses ayahuasca can produce very dramatic effects including visions and a substantially altered sense of perception but in these small doses it just wakens the brain up a little, enhancing mood, creativity, inspiration, visual perception, and practical effectiveness.

Holly Paige. http://foodforconsciousness.blogspot.com/p/reactivating-pineal-gland.html

subtle increase in visual acuity, focus ability, outlook, sexual energy, social outgoingness, creativity, meditation ability, openness to love in my heart, feeling lighter on my feet, feeling energy flow through me, and a sense of tapping into a larger wisdom of the world,

10/23/2013 - Warrior - Microdosing Ayahuasca Analogue (ACRB + SR)

took ayahuasca the first time last night at the santo daime
and I just felt really drunk and energized after I left.
I asked several people for
the direction to the train station ans I noticed a strong beautiful IDGAF attitude.
Fully calm and relaxed nothing could bother me
kinda a bit like mdma

09/21/14 - Zarotti - http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20597247#20597247

I can't comment on low-dose smoked DMT yet. Most accounts say it's very anxiety-inducing. Some people are able to simply relax and enjoy the visuals. The consensus I hear is it's a waste of DMT, because while you're taking half of a breakthrough dose, you're getting only a tiny fraction of the experience.

Low-dose ayahuasca was nice, but hardly worth the effort of brewing it. If you happen to have plenty of it readily available then sure.

After trying an acid-base extraction of B. caapi as well as Syrian rue, I never have any desire to do anything but "pharmahuasca" (extracted DMT with a synthetic MAOI like moclobemide). In fact, my only experience with oral DMT so far is freebase DMT mixed with Parnate.

The Moclobemide Report supplies information about this short-term, reversible, medical MAOI. Learn about the benefits of this drug (over Peganum harmala and other herbal MAOI drugs) when used in pharmahuasca experiments. Moclobemide is fast becoming the MAOI of preference amongst in-the-know psychonauts. Educate yourself today! (3 pages)

Psychedelic Resource List. Jon Hanna. 2003/2004. http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/psychedelic_resource_list.pdf

The naturally occurring MAOI, harman, may be good though:

Bioassay of the crystalline extract was confirmed with a pronounced harmala intoxication, though much cleaner feeling than a few grams of syrian rue.

germx99 - 10/17/14 - Russian Olive: MAOi in Our Backyards

why is harmine toxic and why is harman not toxic?

While it's not dmt 5-10 mg of 4acodmt every couple days or once a day is wonderful

I have to say, I always enjoyed DMT at lower doses. Not saying I don't enjoy the pure insanity and enlightenment of a breakthrough, and I know many of the hardcore deemster advocates will say it's a waste, but doses in the 15mg-35mg range launch me into a mental state akin to peaking on LSD. Everything is there, especially low doses in combination with other psychedelics.

Oops, I should've specified I meant low-dose smoked/vaped N,N-DMT

I only ask because I'm psychosis-prone, but still want to experience it

Yea of your prone to psychotic breaks and have had one recently, stay far away from dmt, or any psychedelic for that matter, at any dose dmt can blow your conceptual mind, which I imagine, is horrible for someone who struggles to cope or live in reality.

That's my opinion on that matter.

low dose dmt is very enjoyable. in addition to the typical psychedelic effects on perception and thoughts you also get a euphoric rush. and the whole thing is over before there's any chance for the trip to turn unpleasant. but a typical non-breakthrough experience with dmt would be comparable in intesity to a medium-high dose lsd or mushrooms trip. so if you have a history of psychosis you should stay away from dmt just is the same way as you would from other psychedelics. the only fundamental difference between dmt and the other classics is the duration.

Dmt and psychosis do not mix. CBD from hemp or cannabis is supposed to help as an anti psychotic according to gw pharmaceutical and their theory of atyplical dopamine regulation it causes....

Really though talk to a psychiatrist about these issues. Self medicating will only make it worse. Medication without therapy is useless.

There's plenty of evidence that psychedelics help psychosis. It can go either way: worse or better. That's the nature of the drug. Don't be narrow-minded and think that psychedelics are chemically incompatible with various psychoses.

Was this the first experiment using psychedelics with psychotic or autistic children, or was there prior work that you had heard about?
No, this was in 1959 or 1960, and I hadn’t heard of anything. Then by late 1962, we could no longer legally obtain LSD, and all these projects were shut down. I wrote a long paper on the treatment of one girl, and it was read at the International Association for Social Psychiatry in London by my friend Dr. Joyce Martin. Joyce was a psychoanalyst, and one of the early people who worked with outpatients using LSD in low doses. The editor of the International Journal of Social Psychiatry was in the audience and wanted to publish the paper, so that was my first publication. The paper was about a girl named Patty. When I told her that we couldn’t continue this work, she asked, “Why?” I said, “Well, we can’t get LSD anymore.” And she asked, “Don’t you know where it is?” I replied, “Sandoz still has it but they won’t give it to us because we’re not allowed to use it anymore.” She asked, “What’s the man’s name who has it?” So I told her the Sandoz representative’s name, and she took my hand and said, “Gary, this is what I think you should do. You go up to San Francisco and find this man, and you tell him that Patty Simpson sent you to see him. And tell him that Patty Simpson says, ‘Please give Gary some LSD because Patty Simpson really needs it.’” We cried for two days. This was a girl who, when we started, was completely psychotic, totally out of contact, destructive, violent, and entirely unmanageable.
So your results with these kids who were not responding to any conventional treatment were excellent. Most of these kids came back to life, right?
Yes. Older schizophrenic children, ages seven to nine, had the most successful response. The least responsive children were very young and had primary autism. Although one girl who was three years old did have a successful response.
We weren’t much focused on diagnoses, as these kids were all totally dysfunctional—incredibly disturbed, violent, and noncommunicative. However, their behavior changed somewhat, even with the young children who were nonverbal and who didn’t have as much response. One three-year-old girl initially would not let anyone touch her or allow any interaction. After the LSD treatments, she would want to come and touch you and be with you, and sit on your knee and stroke you. Totally opposite from before, when if you got near her she would screech. So behavior changed, even in kids who had no verbal ability and no interaction, which is amazing.

Gary Fisher
Higher Wisdom: Eminent Elders Explore the Continuing Impact of Psychedelics (editors: Roger Walsh & Charles S. Grob), pages 106-107

Fisher treated kids using doses of at least 300 micrograms (stated earlier in the interview).

More links on Fisher's research:

Treatment of Childhood Schizophrenia Utilizing LSD and Psilocybin. Gary Fisher, Ph.D, 1997, , MAPS Newsletter, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 18-25

http://youtu.be/J01YPfOQRv8

Okay hang on Red. I know about that early experiment and as amazing as it was, this is not the same thing.

Those children were generally considered 'psychotic' because they had extremely fucked up, abusive, loveless lives to that point. In other words, they'd been so horribly tortured for their entire short lives that they never had a chance to develop a proper view of consensus reality to begin with. Chances are most of them would have developed just fine if they'd grown up in normal, stable families.

A child is not the same as an adult. Children are wide open. They have no experience and no starting point of identity so their minds are extremely impressionable. Careful and therapeutic use of psychedelics may allow them a second chance to adapt to the world by introducing extremely high-intensity stimulus to their still-developing minds that manages to show them something other than hell.

But we are talking about an adult with a developed sense of self and identity, who is suffering a (probably, we weren't given much info here) genetically predisposed schizophrenic condition. Who is considering taking one of the most powerful hallucinogens in the world on his own, not in a therapeutic setting. And is basically hoping what he sees when reality as he knows it utterly disintegrates will not unhinge him for life.

Until there are very strong examples of psychedelics being used on psychotic adults under the guidance of professional therapists to help them better integrate into consensus reality, I have to strongly advise OP against this course.

Thanks for the intelligent reply. I think there are case reports in Stanislav Grof's LSD Psychotherapy.

Thanks, I'll give that a look. I've read some of Grof's stuff before. For the record I wouldn't discount the possibility of psychedelics improving one's psychosis and I even met a guy once who's mildly schizophrenic yet uses them with no apparent ill effects, including DMT. Still generally recognised as a major risk factor though, especially outside of controlled settings (which you're not likely to find in this day and age anyway, sadly).

But at the beginning of LSD Psychotherpay, Grof said that a 250 mcg dose would be preceded by hours of psychotherapy. Someone just going and tripping on DMT or ayahuasca is a totally different story.

It's an interesting subject, one which isn't remotely comprehensive or conclusive. Self medication is rarely a good idea.

Really though talk to a psychiatrist about these issues. Self medicating will only make it worse. Medication without therapy is useless.
Quoting myself for truth.

Also dmt and lsd are completely different ball games as they have a giant difference in neural activity. LSD is unique as a tryptamine as it has dopamine activity most tryptamine compounds don't. Again medicine without therapy or a guide is useless.