• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Lost the "magic" after Candyflipping once ?

I can kinda see where you are coming from! I'd gone through quite a heavy phase of (ab)using LSD for ages before I ever even tried MDMA. The first time was good fun, I had ridiculous amounts of energy and was just bouncing off the walls with excitement about going out and dancing all night, but at the same time I didn't get what all the fuss was about. I was euphoric yes, but it felt fake and shallow compared to the euphoria I got from LSD. The empathy/loved up feeling I heard so much about was rather disappointing as well. I was talkative yes, and happy to be around my friends but again it felt fake and shallow compared to LSD. It was more similar to regular stimulants where you just keep wanting to talking to someone, but couldn't give less of a crap of what they had to say back. No desire to connect, only to make others listen to my rantis :p.

Methylone did give me a much more "authentic" feeling of empathy and loved upness, but that's only when I took it together with my girl. With friends it was just a glorified amphetamine kind of high. The one that takes the cake above all is mescaline though, both times I took that I felt in love with every single living thing around me; from the grass under my feet to the people walking by to the sky above my head :).

The candyflip to me kind of took away some of the more subtle effects of the acid but as the MDMA kicked in it brought on a feeling of warmth and explosion of colourful, detailed visuals like I'd never seen before! The combination of the two definitely takes you to a place neither drug alone will come close to! I did notice though it made the after effects a lot worse though... To be honest I didn't feel a 100% recovered until two weeks after.

Hey bluelighters,
After waiting two months to finally do it again and reach the same euphoric level as before, I took it again (150mg) but this time without the acid. I knew for a fact that it was real, and it kicked in pretty hard. I was very euphoric, happy, empathogenic and a little sedated/sleepy. It was fun, but I felt something was missing. It just wasn't that "WOW!-Holy shit!" feeling like the first time, when I was completely off the ground.

Shulgin in PIKHAL talks of a +4 level of experience with these types of substances. MDMA is clearly one of them that offers the possibility of the experience. When it happens it's clearly not 'drug related'. It's a shift in consciousness, irreversible, in respect to how you see from that point on. One of the telltale signs is the feeling of being awake for the first time ever. It's a very straight state, even though you may be tripping out of your mind. All senses are in hyper clarity, featuring what I can only refer to as 'the headless' position. Reading Douglas Harding's book "On Having No Head" speaks of this place. It's life changing. No amount of drug will bring it back however, only make it available.

I think the ops awnser is simple.. First of all the first time with most drugs is the most intense and fun IMO but you said it yourself, you candyflipped your first time and your second you just took the mdma. maybe the candyflipping was the "over the top" feeling