• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Lost the "magic" after Candyflipping once ?

TheCuriousOne

Bluelighter
Hey bluelighters,
I've had the pleasure of candyflipping once some months ago, and this was the very first time of using Mdma.
I was in the midst of an incredible LSD trip and then I took it (the real deal).
I was completely blown away. It was so magical and euphoric, I was the happiest in my life. =D

After waiting two months to finally do it again and reach the same euphoric level as before, I took it again (150mg) but this time without the acid. I knew for a fact that it was real, and it kicked in pretty hard. I was very euphoric, happy, empathogenic and a little sedated/sleepy. It was fun, but I felt something was missing. It just wasn't that "WOW!-Holy shit!" feeling like the first time, when I was completely off the ground.

It's pretty sad that I somehow lost the magic of it already after 1 use (and I made sure to wait enough). :(
Is this because the first time (in the Candyflip) was just so incredible that rolling without acid just will leave me disappointed every time or is it just common that no matter how long you will wait to roll again, it just won't be as mind-blowing like the first experience? :?

Is there some way to bring that magic back again other than spacing out?

Set and setting bro. 150 is a really big dose. I'm surprised you weren't blown away again. You said you know for a fact it was real...how do you know this? Reagent test? Bc a nice 150mg dose of methylone maybe give you that "almost there" "something's missing feeling"

Well, I got it from a trusted source and the high was similar to my first time, just without this incredible WOW pleasure effect. But maybe I did underestimate the Setting, that could be the cause for it. I'm actually more interested if people had that after having "Candyflipped" just once that their roll was never that good again as before ...

BTW: What does going "neon" mean, need translation for that!

'trusted' source or not, it still doesn't change the fact that you must test your stuff to know exactly what it is... trust nobody...

Well, I got it from a trusted source and the high was similar to my first time, just without this incredible WOW pleasure effect. But maybe I did underestimate the Setting, that could be the cause for it. I'm actually more interested if people had that after having "Candyflipped" just once that their roll was never that good again as before ...

BTW: What does going "neon" mean, need translation for that!

Haha, I just meant that once you've had an experience so that's as fulfilling, mind bending and euphoric as a candyflip, it's hard to go back to either MDMA or LSD on their own again.

I think the magic was due to the virginity. Same thing with anything else you try for the first time.

Occasionally, some magic returns, but unexpectedly.
That's what magic is.

I have used mdma 6 times in my life spaced out 3-12 months every time and I feel that i've "lost the magic" but not in the traditional sense.

First time taking it with superb mindset & setting I havent been able to achieve same kind of ecstatic state, but it still works like it should. its just that I know what to expect and first time is always that, first time.

MDMA + mushrooms took it to another level and maybe this is also one of the reasons that taking only MDMA doesn't feel so magical.

Good thing that I haven't candyflipped yet, should be mindblowing.

I don't understand the question, you expect MDMA on it's own to be as euphoric and mindblowing as MDMA combined with another hard euphoric hallucinogen? if this is what you're asking, the answer should be pretty clear.

You didn't lose the magic, you just expect the drug to provide with the same experience you got from a combo. Which is, in all honesty, just silly.

Nah, I didn't expect it to be the same experience as the candyflip, but just like the typical Mdma experience and euphoria... but that roll was not even on that level. It just felt like a typical amphetamine euphoria... which is why I really asked if anyone else thinks rolling on itself is just not enough after having candyflipped once

Did you really take both MDMA + LSD as first time experiences with either? Get comfortable with each substance on its own before doing any combos is pretty much rule #1

Are you sure it was even MDMA?

But yeah, after doing a lot of the combos I've done I wouldn't really even consider taking MDMA alone. Just doesn't cut it, but then again I like to be "that guy" at parties

Last edited:
After waiting two months to finally do it again and reach the same euphoric level as before, I took it again (150mg) but this time without the acid. I knew for a fact that it was real, and it kicked in pretty hard. I was very euphoric, happy, empathogenic and a little sedated/sleepy. It was fun, but I felt something was missing. It just wasn't that "WOW!-Holy shit!" feeling like the first time, when I was completely off the ground.
something was missing. read your post again to try to work it out. hint: i bolded it for you :)

also, set and setting.

alasdair

1 + 1 = 2. 1 + 0 = 1

It is only common sense that eating two drugs is going to provide a different experience than taking one alone. Candyflipping is quite a different experience than rolling alone.....but rolling alone is umm, definitely a worthy experience. LOL

I've mixed MDMA with the full array of party drugs, and all those experiences are different, with the sole exception that taking enough of drugs tends to floor you like a motherfucker.

Good luck, happy rolling!

Nah, I had taken LSD plenty of times beforehand.

It's a bummer that I can't enjoy Mdma to the fullest without acid anymore though. It's just I was let alone from rolling alone without even expecting too much.

Thanks for your replies

Last edited:
Typical Amphetamine Euphoria does sound fishy, because MDMA feels nothing like Amphetamine tbh. I could never understand how people can consider it "a type of Speed".

Yeah, it gives you energy but that's where the similarities end and it's not an exclusive Amphetamine effect. LSD gives you energy, 2CB gives you energy. Hell, Alcohol gives you energy. Amphetamines force alertness and eliminate fatigue, with MDMA I feel like you become hyperactive in the same way a kid who knows he's gonna get a shiny new toy becomes hyperactive.

That's of course my personal experience, and is probably atypical considering I have ADHD. Hell, Meth literally makes me -less- talkative, almost shuts me up even lol.

At any rate, i'd give it another shot with high quality, tested MDMA. It shouldn't feel like typical Amphetamine no matter how you look at it.

From my experience the "lost magic effect" is mostly psychological. Could it be possible that from your previous experience you had high expectations for the next roll based upon the levels of euphoria and empathy you were able to achieve from candyflipping?

I have rolled more times than I like to count but I have to say that ecstasy and mdma is still 'there' for me as a substance that can be used to achieve altered states of consciousness.

Even though mdma and ecstasy do not have the same affects on me as my first few rolls I still enjoy high levels of euphoria and enlightenment as well as empathetic psychological effects. I like to wait long periods of time between rolls, usually not quite by choice. During that period of time I do some soul searching and prepare my mind for what I want to get out of my next trip/roll. Maybe doing the same will help you as well.

Also on a final note ecstasy has often been dubbed to be highly influenced by setting. If you are looking to achieve phenomenal conversation and high levels of euphoria and love than maybe a setting with close friends and a good balance between males and females will help you with this. Music is also a definite positive in this department. Sometimes ecstasy can be improved with moderate use of other substances as well. A small amount of cocaine or even opiates and marijuana can help guide your roll to the levels and planes of existence you are hoping to achieve.

Enjoy!

Just doesn't cut it, but then again I like to be "that guy" at parties
ditto.. haha i feel the same some times. it feels more my place now.

as for the original post, and as stated, doing acid on mandy is the realm, and i can agree they have become less interesting alone for myself
theres an incredible synergy with them together.

the other week i went raving albeit without the acid, and i think what it lacked was the energy that acid delivers -- i was buzzing of the mdma no doubt, but there was less immersion in the entactogenesis.

its surprising this has happened after your first try... i think this is purely a psychological self-fullfilling prophecy. try entering trips with no expectations.

failing that, get on a weeks course of piracetam before you dose, or even take 2400mg or so before a night. usually does the trick i can certainly vouch for :)

Yes,
like I said, the setting and my psychological aspects on my 2nd roll were not appropriate.
Getting into it without any expectations should do it. Or maybe call some friends and have them rolling too.

I somehow can't enjoy rolling on my own, I get so bored on it and don't even want to listen to any music, because the thought of dancing alone seems just stupid to me.
I kind of need acid when rolling on my own. Without acid, I hang out with friends that are rolling too... otherwise they would just get annoyed by me (which kills the fucking roll).

Weed is btw a very nice substitute for acid to take while rolling.
I get full blown hallucinations on Mdma + Weed combo, it feels just like Candyflipping (I get an LSD flashback doing this) and it's just wonderful. I get extreme OEVs and colourful CEVs with an extreme euphoria from the E this way.

It's fucking awesome, brings the candyflip back. But rolling without weed/acid feels just like an amphetamine high, It sucks... I don't know why I feel this way.