• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Lost my love of cannabis after harder drugs

mooseball

Greenlighter
Hi all

I used amphetamines most day for a year, alpha-ppp or mppp or speed or whatever.

I smoke cannabis daily

I have been clean off amphetamines for around 40 days now, and I am bored as hell, i really really want to get some, but I am very addictive with the feeling, as soon as i get some i want more

So i was thinking of trying psychdelics. I always thought they would be my drug of choice, i used to love cannabis and natural things but i have lost my love for weed, even though i smoke it daily i no longer cherish it,

i remember a time when if i woke up at 3am i would be glad about it cause i could wrap up a zuggie. ( even after 2yr daily smoking ) now it means nothing

Any advice is appreciated

If I smoke a week or more it tends to get boring. Usually after a break the magic will come back

Eventually it will come back. Right now your used to harder drugs but that will change with time and weed will seem more fun again. Same thing happened to me for a while.

Yes and Changing Up the Different Kinds Of Strains Of Cannabis that you Smoke Helps Keep you High Despite Tolerance.

Its pretty clear to me that what you need is a good tolerance break. IMO drugs shouldn't just be something you do to alleviate boredom.

I smoke daily . Some strains are better then others giving different highs . I love smoking . Dont get me wrong I have a high tolerance. I do think you need to try a dif strain depending on the high you want or what its helping you for .

After taking LSD and MDMA, cannabis just wasn't the same any more. But slowly I started smoking more again, and I'm back loving bud. Although, we've still gotta take our T-Breaks to prevent the stage of getting used to the high of weed.

I'd take a break. I always do a break once in a while, or the weed doesn't affect me anymore and it's boring.

Strange hard drugs have never turned me off bud. I have always found it difficult to enjoy other substances without it. For me it just enhances whatever it is i am using. It has also always aided me when trying to get off of drugs or stay away from them. Life just doesnt seem complete without it!

TBH i still LL+OVE smoking on the tree
Even after cocaine and heroin...
It is a hybrid type of high that gets me high in multiple ways

I don't think I will ever lose the love of MJ.

The plant is just too unique and truly beautiful. It's so unique in the fact that even same strains can look different, smell different, have different potency , effects, depending on how it was grown and setting.

But I just love that there are all these different strains, flavors, smells.

The highs can be psychedelic, narcotic, energetic, happy/euphoric/uplifting and usually all a mix of it.

Love that you can eat it, vape it, smoke it ALL DIFFERENT KINDS OF WAYS AND GET DIFFERENT EFFECTS LIKE THAT TOO!!! =D

The plant is just too unique and truly beautiful. It's so unique in the fact that even same strains can look different, smell different, have different potency , effects, depending on how it was grown and setting.

The highs can be psychedelic, narcotic, energetic, happy/euphoric/uplifting and usually all a mix of it.

Love that you can eat it, vape it, smoke it ALL DIFFERENT KINDS OF WAYS AND GET DIFFERENT EFFECTS LIKE THAT TOO!!! =D

Basically this^

Feeling the exact same way as you. Smoke a ton of weed, but doesn't feel the same anymore as it did before. Your body gets used to the over powering sensation of the harder stuff and when you give it the lighter stuff it's just a tease and your body craves the harder stuff.

I can relate. I smoked for a while and then I tried ecstasy - I loved it wayyy more than bud. Now when I smoke the euphoria is no where near the MDMA euphoria and I crave some good thizz. But I don't regret it.

I actually find using other drugs helps cannabis stay interesting. Periods where all I was doing was smoke a ton, it would get boring as shit, but taking other drugs a lot keeps cannabis fresh, and particularly I'd say hallucinogens make it far better and help keep my tolerance down.

I also gotta say though, I really never thought of weed as the greatest thing around, I've always loved smoking it but always known it's not the best drug for me. Those who view it as the best thing since sliced bread, I can see how other drugs would make it less special.

I'm the same, although weed just makes me depressed recently, but I think that's hopefully more to do with my life situation than anything else. Keeping my fingers crossed that once I sort my life out I can enjoy weed again.

It's different if you don't have it legal in your state like most of us. If it's legal/medical I'm sure you can pick your strain for your desired effects.

Here I would take what I could get and eventually it just led to me having all sorts of anxiety/paranoia.

i think this is precisely why herb can be dangerous. it replaces the fleeting high of accomplishment with an amazing feeling that you can access just by smoking some green. how can you sell sobriety to someone who knows that happiness is just a dimebag away?

It's kind of the opposite for me. I had a particularly bad experience with 25i just over a month ago and now it seems that weed brings me up a whole lot more. Perhaps part of that is the fact that I stopped doing drugs including weed for a month after my bad experience which will have brought my tolerance down. However I also feel like my bad experience has caused me to react differently to weed now.