• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Losing touch with reality on phenibut

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Hey guys I’ve been off all drugs but phenibut for like 6 months which is a God send but unfortunately some Gabapentin abuse lead me back into the dark world of phenibut ..

I’m taking like 2-3 grams a day and it’s dissociative effects are seriously messing with me. It feels like I’m never present I can’t think straight I never feel like my mind is mentally sharp or clear…

I want to stop but I fear it’s only gonna get worse and I’m gonna end up back in jail or rehab or a psych ward and I don’t know what to do. I might try to taper with benzos but last time I did that I ended up in jail

Losing your clarity of mind is a very disturbing experience. I've been there, although probably to a lesser extent, with kratom. For some reason kratom causes me to lose a good portion of my executive functioning skills.

You can regain control, don't feel like you're hopeless because there is a light. Do you have anyone that can help you taper with phenibut or a suitable substitute drug? If you can sit down with them and lay out a taper that will eventually get you off phenibut then you can have them monitor your progress/supply to help keep you true to the taper and/or keep you grounded.

Whether this actually works, I have no idea. . . but, theoretically, it seems possible that high doses of L-theanine (which is supposedly an NMDA agonist) might counteract the dissociative aspects of phenibut.

I know I've read of someone on Bluelight (@negrogesic ?) who successfully aborted, or at least reduced, the effects of a much more potent dissociative (like a ketamine analog IIRC), which seems hopeful.

^^^Yeah that was me.

But any dissociative type effects from phenibut wouldn't be glutaminergic in nature.

Yet I am familiar with the dissociative-like or perhaps disorienting effects or phenibut. I have been taking at minimum 4g of phenibut every night for 6 years until very recently, when I cut it in half to 2g/night.

It definitely puts you in a haze. I'm sure I'm still hazy. Going to do another big decrease soon. It's really dirty stuff.

^^^Yeah that was me.

But any dissociative type effects from phenibut wouldn't be glutaminergic in nature.

Yet I am familiar with the dissociative-like or perhaps disorienting effects or phenibut. I have been taking at minimum 4g of phenibut every night for 6 years until very recently, when I cut it in half to 2g/night.

It definitely puts you in a haze. I'm sure I'm still hazy. Going to do another big decrease soon. It's really dirty stuff.
O man , that’s gotta be hell on the ol GI system :/

O man , that’s gotta be hell on the ol GI system :/

I think, of the various organ systems, it's more my kidneys that appreciated it the least (aside from my brain). It is hard on the stomach too. I pour the phenibut in a little 30ml cup and mix it with water before drinking it, and I've tested the resulting solution with pH paper and it instantly turns bright red. I tried the free acid phenibut but it unfortunately didn't work the same as the HCL salt.

In regards to the OP's question, if you are having trouble getting off I recommend getting some baclofen, it can be directly substituted and is a bit easier to get off of.

I find pregabalin even more "dissociative-esque" than phenibut, very trippy, but in a far more enjoyable way. I only started phenibut because I couldn't handle the post pregabalin and gabapentin insomnia. I've never liked phenibut, just sort of got stuck on it. Going to see if I can quit it for good this year.

Phenibut starts putting me into psychosis if I take high doses for more than 2-3 days. I start having very peculiar open eye visuals that progressively get worse and I begin to get delusional, eventually I become unable to know where I am or what's going on.

I avoid phenibut now, evil drug. I've literally seen dancing cartoon characters projected over everything.

My receptors don't like being activated for that long.

Phenibut starts putting me into psychosis if I take high doses for more than 2-3 days. I start having very peculiar open eye visuals that progressively get worse and I begin to get delusional, eventually I become unable to know where I am or what's going on.

I avoid phenibut now, evil drug. I've literally seen dancing cartoon characters projected over everything.

This is exactly what happens to me to a lesser extent but completely feel on the verge of psychosis on a daily basis and I just tried to quit and the itching crawling skin was overbearing going to attempt a taper

The WDs for me after only using 1.5g for 3 days, took me 10 days to feel normal again. This stuff is no supplement, it's a potent drug and should be banned IMO. I was abusing it since back in 2020, by 2021 had a huge overdose, tolerance went down and had to explain to hospital what I'd taken. Didn't know what had happened to me, fkd up my Gi and was on 4gs a day. Anyone starting should read these posts very dangerous stuff

No other drugs, except my prescribed diazepam, which didn't do a thing. I also get prescribed 2x 7.5mg zopiclone a week, and I rarely take them unless I'm really struggling to sleep. It was that bad I was waking up wide awake, on edge a little and 15mg diazepam didn't touch the sides, ended up having to take a zopiclone in the morning to stop my mind from racing, and that only just helped me out. This went on for around 10 days and luckily had a shipment of kratom come in. That is the only drug that has helped me and been consistant. Mood improved, helped my back pain, helped my anxiety, even though I was stimulated. Out of all things I have taken, this changed my life for over a month, felt normal and I ordered 750g of red, green and white. Took 1-2 doses to start, then got up too 2 tsps 3x a day. Instead of hiding behind my problems with medicine, I faced them without hiding behind addictive substances. I couldn't believe I hadn't tried this before, way better than those addictive medicines. Near the end though was a hit or miss if it worked, so rotated between strains and was really euphoric, talkative, stimulated and little things that bothered me, just shrugged it off. Slightly off topic lol but in comparison phenibut is dangerous, addictive crap.

I must have had bicarbonate of soda cause the phenibut I had I took 1g x twice an didn't get any anxiety relief at all so must have been bunk. Oh well I won't bother buying any more.

You don't want to take phenibut, it's a very easy to get dependent, and tolerance goes up very quickly. I wouldn't even bother with it, as it is a horrible addiction. They told me on bottle only 3x a week to avoid dependence any fast forward 2 months was on 4gs a day. Trying to stop is horrible, not so much insomnia which you can get or anxiety but electric type shocks all over my body. It took me a while to find out what was causing it. Couldn't sleep one night, next day looked like snow in my vision then I got a couple of cans of k cider into me and took that horrible feeling away. Actually thought about A+E, but was at a mates during lockdown so just had a drink to ease the WDs.

I get the feeling that relatively high doses are more troublesome. Have a lot going on in my head but trying to slow it down a bit. So much data and shadows about.
I would tend to agree that if we can get doses to below 2g a day the rest will be somewhat easier though maybe a little more time cause we cuttin out the receptor (i think) that is activated in higher doses.
Please fell free to correct me if I am amiss.
psychosis if I take high doses for more than 2-3 days
Bro this shit has a super high "half-life" iirc. I can certainly feel it a day or so later but it slowly balances like everything. If doising daily at relatively high dosed I could not imagine the build-up of :stuff" that this would accumulate in ones system. First thing comes to mind is toxicity and poisoning. Been there on a couple things and I think the worst of all was hydro/tylenol od (no shit). Fuck these pills my buddy knows some body that gets a cript. If I have to strap I just take a nap. ;)
Everything is plastic these days not sure if this is good or bad but wtf cares, right? <3

Last edited:

I thought I was the only one who had visual hallucinations! I also get some auditory. My visuals are just me seeing a bug or shadow out of the corner of my eyes then it's gone. My auditory is a bit more severe. Sometimes it's a ringing so loud I can't hear people talk or my TV and stuff like that. But other times it's very loud music (that's actually kinda good) or a baby wailing loudly. It doesn't happen very often only when I take over 2 grams. It's definitely a very strange drug. But it has helped me with my anxiety. Actually like a game changer. I am at about 2 grams a day now but would love to get to a half.

Phenibut gives me bizarre geometric patterns covering my entire vision, projected over everything. It progresses into cartoonish characters.

Fairly unique.

Update: I no longer feel on the verge of psychosis but I gotta be taking 5-8 grams a day now. I don’t have a scale and just poor a shit load in a cup and drink it.

My habits with drugs are I simply lose control on everything and anything I take.

I actually just got a DUI from phenibut. I took way too much and overdosed. I feel asleep at a red light and failed a sobriety test. The good thing is I passed a breathalyzer and I don’t think the state lab will test for it however I had a tub of 200 grams of phenibut on my front seat. I’m hoping the cops just overlooked it.

I ended up in the hospital O2 a steady 80-90 and a BP of 80/50 with muscle spasms and chest pain.thankfully I’m alive but I’ve damaged the nerves in my foot it goes numb.

You know I fuck around with drugs and eventually if you’re not careful the drugs start to fuck you. And I’ve known this to be true for a long time with any substance. Heroin, pills, meth.. these substances need to be respected and my ego says i can always push the limits and it always fucks me.

Lately I’ve been mixing Lyrica in too 600 mg and Lyrica makes me feel so fucking drunk it’s overwhelming at times.

I’m considering going into a state run facility but for me I must say.. phenibut withdrawal in jail was worse than heroin or methadone. It causes complete loss of touch with reality. Psychosis, serious anxiety and hallucinations. I would much rather withdrawal from fentanyl or methadone.. which is saying a lot guys. When i quit opiates at least I am present. It fucking blows but phenibut withdrawal much like benzo or alcohol withdrawal is a serious fucking matter. I saw an article I can’t find it now of a guy who in psychosis murdered his girlfriend and killed himself by stabbing himself. This shit is no joke.

I continue to fuck up my life when on the outside it looks so fucking great. New job hot new girlfriend I go to AA meetings and pretend I got 7 months when I’ve been ripping phenibut like a man in the desert who finds water.

Be careful out there anyone reading this.