• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Lorazepam vs Diazapam

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
is Loraz stronger (what i've been told) than valium? if so whats the equivalent

lorazepam
onset: 5-30 minutes
duration: 4-8 hours
after effect: 1-12 hours
bioavailibility: 85% roughly
effects in general: Anxiolytic, sedative, high muscle relaxant properties.

Diazepam
onset: 30-90 minutes ( but i have found it to work a lot quicker, like 10-15 minute for me personally)
duration: 10-24 hrs
after effect: 1-120 hours
bioavailibility: all ROA 85% and up
effects in general: Memory loss, Blackout potential, Motor skill impairment, Dizziness, Depression, Irritability, Aggression, Rage, Personality changes, Drowsiness, Appetite fluctuation, Euphoria, Relaxation, Anxiety suppression, Muscle relaxation, Emotional and social dissociation or de-realization (normally seen with long term use). This here has the bad and good.

so with that info i think you can narrow it down to what will be the best but if i may ask, what is the reason for taking them and maybe i can help a bit more

oh and 10mg valium = 1mg ativan

As far as benzos go, I'd say that ativan is the least addictive one. It does what people want benzos to do--make one calm and anxiety free. But valium is a bit closer hitting to the benzo lottery. The feeling is much cleaner and tempting for benzo fans.

I've never seen an addict 'like' ativan. They always want a genie to magically transform it into xanax or klonopin. Take that how you wish :) 2+ milligrams of ativan sends me to a weird place. I started hearing voices and I swear that's never happened with any other drug for myself.

I actually prefer Lorazepam when it comes to the anxiolytic effects. Diazepam (best all rounder) is probably my second favorite though, follow by maybe Alprazolam (I just find it useful for crashes, insta-sleeps or long flights and stuff). I have a script for Estazolam at the moment. It works quite well, but the half-life is really long and as a powerful hypnotic benzo for sleep, there can be rebound anxiety/insomnia from it if I overuse it. As Coffeeshroom mentioned, 1mg Lorazepam is equivalent to 10mg diazepam.

I prefer lorazepam to diazepam. It kicks in quicker and find that is has slightly better anxiolytic properties. But to each his own ...

lorazepam
onset: 5-30 minutes
duration: 4-8 hours
after effect: 1-12 hours
bioavailibility: 85% roughly
effects in general: Anxiolytic, sedative, high muscle relaxant properties.

Diazepam
onset: 30-90 minutes ( but i have found it to work a lot quicker, like 10-15 minute for me personally)
duration: 10-24 hrs
after effect: 1-120 hours
bioavailibility: all ROA 85% and up
effects in general: Memory loss, Blackout potential, Motor skill impairment, Dizziness, Depression, Irritability, Aggression, Rage, Personality changes, Drowsiness, Appetite fluctuation, Euphoria, Relaxation, Anxiety suppression, Muscle relaxation, Emotional and social dissociation or de-realization (normally seen with long term use). This here has the bad and good.

so with that info i think you can narrow it down to what will be the best but if i may ask, what is the reason for taking them and maybe i can help a bit more

oh and 10mg valium = 1mg ativan
take it for anxiety

if its purely for anxiety then lorazepam will be my go to and has been for a long time for fast acting and relieve of anxiety but if you overdose, the sedating effect might over power anything and make you lethargic or noddy or whatever you wanna call it. But a low dose for anxiety solely i would go for lorazepam

Yeah I was taking Loraz 2,5mg, and also say it is least addictive benzo, from my point, 1mg is as 5mg Diazepam, or as 0,5 alprazolam, but it's least recreational also except with weed, goes great with that, someone who smoke weed and have a small like anxiety moments, racing hearts it takes away all that

Diazepam can be euforic at begginining, from my point if you need for accute anxiety, panic attack both are fast acters. Lorazepam is stronger definitely!

Last edited:
Lorazpam but dont take too many cos u will black out.
Lorazepam is more euphoric i also get energy off it
Im kind of addicted to them i buy ten a week usually ten 1mg i miss days but i feel crap im gonna tell my psychiatrist next week see if hed add it on to my 20mg diazepam script
diazepam is like methadone off benzos whilst lorazepam would be the oxy off benzos

Lorazepsm extremely short acting omly lasts six hours.
for a good high 2mg can do i ususlly take 3 but i took six in one go and ended up spending all my.money on crack and didnt remember any of it.

Lorazpam but dont take too many cos u will black out.
Lorazepam is more euphoric i also get energy off it
Im kind of addicted to them i buy ten a week usually ten 1mg i miss days but i feel crap im gonna tell my psychiatrist next week see if hed add it on to my 20mg diazepam script
diazepam is like methadone off benzos whilst lorazepam would be the oxy off benzos
im gonna tell my psychiatrist next week see if hed add it on to my 20mg diazepam

add what on to your 20mg diazapam?

Diazepam is a lot more sedating and has much stronger muscle relaxation properties which makes it feel stronger to the user.

Lorazepsm extremely short acting omly lasts six hours.
for a good high 2mg can do i ususlly take 3 but i took six in one go and ended up spending all my.money on crack and didnt remember any of it.

I know what you mean. I also did a lot of shit on lorazepam I don't even remember. I think all benzos have that amnesic power but I don't know why lorazepam completely transforms me, not even alprazolam does that. I would say that lorazepam has almost the same potency and onset time as alprazolam but without those strong hypnotic properties.

The difference is day and night...
Ativan will make you fall asleep, Valium will get you high

Yeah like potentiator

Apparently it's useless with Lorazepam.

Cimetidine had no significant effect on the peak plasma concentration or the time of peak concentration for either oxazepam, lorazepam, or desalkylflurazepam (formed from flurazepam). Cimetidine likewise did not alter the elimination half-life of oxazepam (9.4 hours) or lorazepam (11.6 hours), and did not change total AUC for lorazepam

Sources: