• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Loperamide withdrawal is hell on earth

pcass89

Bluelighter
I've seen tons of threads on here about using loperamide for withdrawal which I agree 100% it works, however I don't see many on the withdrawal from loperamide itself. I've been a long time opiate user with pretty much any kind of opiate imaginable. Recently I started using loperamide because I lost my job and barely had money. I enjoyed it to start but eventually I was just maintaining. I was using far less than some other people who have posted here, anywbere from 50-100mg a day. I recently tried quitting cold turkey and it's awful. Like worse than all other withdrawals I've had. I'm on day 5 and it just seems to keep getting worse. Ive never withdrawled from methadone but I hear it's similar. I'm taking clonodine and gabapentin which help a ton but regardless I still feel like absolute shit. I would do anything for something to help me sleep like benzos but I that's not in the works. The clonodine was helping me sleep at first and now it just makes me dizzy. The gabapentin actually makes me wired. I would trade regular H withdrawal for this any day. I just hope I'm close to being on the back end of this. I cant imagine how bad some of the people taking way more than I was must have felt. Stay far away from this shit. I didn't even touch on the shit it can do to your heart. Just not worth it.

withdrawal from loperamide itself
I have actually wondered about this myself but never used lope to wd from opioids... just waited on the h/fent wds and started dosing kratom (not sure if available in your area). Did the trick nicely.
Welcome to bluelight.
Just getting my shit together so will probably not be any help with all that is going on for a minute.
Ya seem to be nearing a "better" place regarding beating back h and now looe... keep pushing. Get out and get some sun and physical exertion should help a great deal if ya can.
Best wishes with this.
p

I have actually wondered about this myself but never used lope to wd from opioids... just waited on the h/fent wds and started dosing kratom (not sure if available in your area). Did the trick nicely.
Welcome to bluelight.
Just getting my shit together so will probably not be any help with all that is going on for a minute.
Ya seem to be nearing a "better" place regarding beating back h and now looe... keep pushing. Get out and get some sun and physical exertion should help a great deal if ya can.
Best wishes with this.
p
Thanks. Appreciate it. Kratom definitely works just as well. Probably better. The lope is just stronger if you take enough. You can get more of an opiate buzz. Kratom has a much lower ceiling because you'll start feeling dizzy if you take too much.

I feel that there's still kind of a misconception that if something is legal then it is safe. Hope things get better soon!
Thanks. Apparently they're making it harder to abuse in different ways. Some places have them behind the counter of the pharmacy. They're also selling them in blister packs instead of bottles now.

Thanks. Appreciate it. Kratom definitely works just as well. Probably better. The lope is just stronger if you take enough. You can get more of an opiate buzz. Kratom has a much lower ceiling because you'll start feeling dizzy if you take too much.
Well since krato is known about and lope is the choice to get a buzz ( ? ) then i figure kratom the lesser of the two possible evils. just my experience and gen knowledge on matter at hand.
Not really sure lope should be used to sustain a "high" effect mostly for a part of coming off of stronger opioids (or other substances) if I am not in err.
Well
Happy trails with this i hear lope can cause some damage but what cant am i right?

Well since krato is known about and lope is the choice to get a buzz ( ? ) then i figure kratom the lesser of the two possible evils. just my experience and gen knowledge on matter at hand.
Not really sure lope should be used to sustain a "high" effect mostly for a part of coming off of stronger opioids (or other substances) if I am not in err.
Well
Happy trails with this i hear lope can cause some damage but what cant am i right?
Ya no you're totally right. Kratom is honestly the way to go. Chasing the "high" with lope is pretty lame. It's not even really euphoric. It's more just the body high and gives you energy. When you first start it's great but then it gets pretty tame really qui m. I guess that's the case with most opiates. I refused to keep increasing my dose because it can give you serious heart problems. I've used a lot of kratom and came down from it numerous times. It's definitely the better choice. I was just being stupid.

26e7aa14-39dd-4bcb-a841-ecff14b770ec.png

<3

so we plannin on drooping lope for kratom... am i right?
seems a breeze.
how well will the kratom saga continue?
guess what im askin is are ya just done with opioids and want away out or just keep the buzz at lowest risk? ktratom use can go sideways on a mf too. lol I used it as needed mostly and at low dose ~2g 4-5 x day... good for me. But I also got pregabalin, phenibut (another story but maybe worth it) and access to real opioids. Other meds around that can "set me free" I choose to take none of that cept once in a while. Maybe once a month or two months maybe tomorrow makes other substances last and the freakin music is da shit. lol
Up to us how we use/abuse nobody got a gun to my head atm. damn whid i bring that back up shit err
Ya got familial about?
Any furries have you as "pet" ha
p

Loperamide has a 2-phase dose-response curve (one reason it's so dangerous to use too much) and although the T1/2 is already 12-14 hour i.e. x4 longer than morphine, I strongly suspect that once you reach that second phase, it's even longer.

So it's sort of OTC methadone with the added attraction of not getting one high and causing severe and even fatal toxic reactions.

And how calculate WHAT 50mg of loperamide equates to is not known. Jannsen showed that it takes 615x more loperamide to stop pain than to stop intestinal issues.... but their are other opioids that will stop withdrawal but don't seem to get you high. Actually, some were difenoxin and diphenoxylate. Their abuse is what got loperamide made to replace them.

Last edited:
so we plannin on drooping lope for kratom... am i right?
seems a breeze.
how well will the kratom saga continue?
guess what im askin is are ya just done with opioids and want away out or just keep the buzz at lowest risk? ktratom use can go sideways on a mf too. lol I used it as needed mostly and at low dose ~2g 4-5 x day... good for me. But I also got pregabalin, phenibut (another story but maybe worth it) and access to real opioids. Other meds around that can "set me free" I choose to take none of that cept once in a while. Maybe once a month or two months maybe tomorrow makes other substances last and the freakin music is da shit. lol
Up to us how we use/abuse nobody got a gun to my head atm. damn whid i bring that back up shit err
Ya got familial about?
Any furries have you as "pet" ha
p
Na I just decided to say fuck it and be off of everything. I'll probably start smoking weed again eventually it's just that it fucks with my anxiety too much when I'm in full-blown withdrawal. I have bad depression and anxiety when I'm at baseline. I've taken kratom for a long time too and while agree it's not nearly as bad as "real" opiods it still can cause pretty shitty withdrawal and causes you to crave heavier shit. If i do it regularly i always slowly get to an insane dose. I'm starting to feel a little better in some ways though. It was day 5 when I originally posted. Now it's day 8 going into 9. I've heard people say this is similar to methadone withdrawal and I believe them. It's way longer than H, oxy, kratom, even suboxone. It makes sense, a single doese of 48mg would keep me well for pretty much 2 days and 96mg would be even more. I'm starting to sleep better, and with less clonodine. Have more energy. Appetite is immensely better. It's weird though I'm just now starting to have horrible diarrhea but I guess that has something to do with the fact that high doses of immodiumare cause awful constipation. I'm also getting the bugs crawling under your skin feeling worse which I think might be from using the gabapentin for 3 or so days and then quitting. Fortunately I have almost zero RLS which is always the most agonizing symptom for me. Pretty much everything is manageable right now and I can tell I'm on the back end. My advice to anyone would be not use lope unless you're seriously in an emergency. It will totally work but I think kratom would be a better alternative.

Taper down on it.
You have to do it slowly.
I totally get that. I know I'm not doing this the the most painless way, but i just really want to get this out of the way. This stuff is like playing Russian roulette with your heart so if anything I would taper with kratom. I know if I tried to taper with kratom I'd just end up switching addictions. I feel like the only way for me to be "clean" is to just obtain from everything. Fortunagely I feel like I'm on the back end of this at day 8.

kratom for a long time too and while agree it's not nearly as bad as "real" opiods it still can cause pretty shitty withdrawal and causes you to crave heavier shit. If i do it regularly i always slowly get to an insane dose.
man its the insanity of dose with kratom to reach that dream.
been taking it lately? dose?
ya say ya wanna get away from it all, right?
one thing at a time.
what all are we dealing with
lope
kratom
?
?
?

bugs crawling under your skin feeling worse which I think might be from using the gabapentin for 3 or so days and then quitting.
3 days of gabapentin. ? i doubt the bugs came from this short spell with a used to be otc here. i would put my money on just going through it. :(
however ya sound confident and strong. kudos.

man its the insanity of dose with kratom to reach that dream.
been taking it lately? dose?
ya say ya wanna get away from it all, right?
one thing at a time.
what all are we dealing with
lope
kratom
?
?
?

3 days of gabapentin. ? i doubt the bugs came from this short spell with a used to be otc here. i would put my money on just going through it. :(
however ya sound confident and strong. kudos.
I thought only 3 days wouldn't do shit either. But it's just weird I didn't get creepy crawlies until I actually started feeling mostly better. Who knows. Maybe it's my body healing in some way. But I guess I was doing H and occasionally oxycodone for years with kratom for periods in between when I was tired of being broke. Let's be honest I was probably doing mostly fentanyl the last few years. But I quit and started the lope like maybe a month and a half or 2 months ago. I quit that 8 or 9 days ago. I felt horrible but i feel good enough that I think I can manage without anything. I'm still going to have cravings and bad depression and anxiety for months, years, or maybe the rest of my life. I forgot to mention I'm alsoab alcoholic although I haven't had a drink in a few months. I'm a long time bar tender with a bad habit of drinking with patrons. I'm 32 and have been using opiates since I was in middle school. I'm from West Virginia. It's 100% my fault and i accept that but that shit is just everywhere here. It seems like everyone is either on opiates or meth here, even people who don't look like addicts. Shit I don't look like an addict at all. My coworkers and most of my friends never even knew I was an addict. I'm strong and healthy looking and women seem to think I'm good looking. It just goes to show that anybody can be addicted to this shit.

Not to be a Debbie downer but the reality of detoxing from Lope is pretty intense and withdrawal can last up to eight weeks and that’s even with a taper. Tapering will make the withdrawal less intense but it still seems to go on forever. In higher doses it could take 96 hours before peak withdraws even start. Nothing about it is worth it. I know this post is older so I really hope you were able to get through it. Best wishes

I'm guessing you must have been using Tagamet/Cimetidine so it would behave like a real opiate, I heard that makes it cross the BBB more.
Nope. As long as you just take enough it'll get you where you want to be. I've used tagamet like a million times and I swear it never worked so I quit using it.