• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide withdrawal.... horrible... suggestions please!!

Some of you people out there who are hanging shit on the fact that others are addicted to lope/imodium should shut the fuck up IMHO..Its no-ones business except the addict! They both ( 2 now) are on this thread asking for help and you few out there hang shit on them and judge them? Fuck me, who died and made you all GOD!!
I hope the OP and the other person get the help and support they need here on BL and not the critisism and cynical answers that have reared their ugly heads so far!
I truly wish you both the best, and if you need help like subutex or the like, you are entitled to it. You both have each other ifn you need..
GO down by a few mg every other day...before you know it you be down on 50mg and kicking ass!!

Wow, that's scary. I posted a thread last night about how I'd been taking sub, then ran out and used lope once, (40 mgs) then got a refill of sub, but was afraid to take the sub, in fear of precipitated WD. I had waited about 30 hours since taking the loperamide, and did about .5mg of lope, and immediately got really scared that I'd just done something really stupid, so I got in bed and closed my eyes, trying not to think about it...(like that's gonna help). Well, I dozed off to sleep about a half hour later...so idk. I guess even if I did precipitate WD, it was so mild that I slept through it...but I'd imagine that it would wake me right up, sweating and freaking out.

There is surprisingly veeeeery little info out there on this. I looked around on google for a good half hour before making my thread on here last night. I would imagine that lope will get a lot more attention here in the next few months/years.

To everyone who's saying they know what immodium WD's are like, I just have one question:

Why? Just... Why would you take something that's supposed to help the shits to get high? And at ridiculous doses like that?

I would not want to know what it's done to your bodies, and talk about a fucking embarrassment if you had to go to rehab over Immodium WD.

This is the first time I've been shocked at some bluelighters, and I have read some crazy shit on here.

lol oh come on man. any other opioid is also an anti dihareal or however its spelled. i mean yes there is a difference and im certainly not saying doing lope isnt stupid. but i could sure as hell make a prety good arguement taking morphine is stupid too. although lope still stupider :D lope actually gets me really high. the first four hours is like an intense rush that is actually shitty. then after that the central effects starts and even more at 6 hours. i donno. the first 4 hours are kinda shitty and intense. the high comes later.

You and I are in the same boat. You are not alone. I've been at 200mg a day for some time now and am quite concerned. I'm about to start some kind of taper as that's the only thing I can imagine at this point.

mmmmm yesir me also. i switched to suboxone now. well sort of. i switched to sub but also took a buttload of lope today to see if it would work through the sub, i have a feeling it might, lope is some weird shit. well lets hope it doesnt work i guess, cuz then im outa the woods

Last edited:
Wow, that's scary. I posted a thread last night about how I'd been taking sub, then ran out and used lope once, (40 mgs) then got a refill of sub, but was afraid to take the sub, in fear of precipitated WD. I had waited about 30 hours since taking the loperamide, and did about .5mg of lope, and immediately got really scared that I'd just done something really stupid, so I got in bed and closed my eyes, trying not to think about it...(like that's gonna help). Well, I dozed off to sleep about a half hour later...so idk. I guess even if I did precipitate WD, it was so mild that I slept through it...but I'd imagine that it would wake me right up, sweating and freaking out.

There is surprisingly veeeeery little info out there on this. I looked around on google for a good half hour before making my thread on here last night. I would imagine that lope will get a lot more attention here in the next few months/years.

yes i know. i had the same problem. that sucked pretty hard, i just posted in another thread my whole experience. http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/426279-helping-precipitated-withdrawal/page3

When did U shit the last time, seriously dog....
In how many mg's does your lope come? Mine come's in 2mg or something ( 220mg / 2mg = Too many pill's & $ bill's )

This thread came out of to woods for me too. Currently experiencing mild withdrawals from pods and I always have had a pack of lope in cabinet but I never thought using it, thought it was only for the shits which aren´t that bad for me. Anyway after reading this I decided to give it a try :D

Loperamide is an opioid. An opioid that is far more active in GI vs the brain, yes, but still an opioid. It will take years for the stigma around using it as a maintenance drug to fade. Eventually the FUD about not shitting for a month and its a placebo effect etc will fade, and when that happens it will be a Schedule II drug so in a way I am grateful that many people still put down Loperamide maintenance as it creates doubt in the government apparatus who watches for these things.

I dont think theres much stigma man.

I say its a placebo effect because of the science, and my own personal trial and error. And I mean maybe you think the scientific evidence backing this up is BS, and its some giant scheme that people say its a placebo, and that no one says you can get high off of it to keep lope legal, but I myself have NEVER GOTTEN HIGH from lope.

Also as everyone else is saying: 220mg, wtf? That is a SHITLOAD of pills. I guess if you have the liquid its only a bottle or two (yummy...) but pill wise, around here i only have found 2mg pills.....so 110 PILLS a day?

The only way I see people doing this regularly is with the liquid lope. And even then thats a lot...I guess if you have the will to take 110 pills of lope daily, god speed. I do believe you but i personally woulda got fed the FUCK UP with that a longggg time before you did hah.

I get that your chasing a high. But does it really take THAT MUCH lope to feel what your looking for? I mean....100mg doesn't give you the desired effect? Or even 150mg? you NEED 220mg and aren't satisfied with less?

As for the W/D? TAPER! Only thing I can suggest. I also have NEVER had lope w/d, so Idk how fast you can taper, but I'd recommend going as fast as possible. Perhaps drop a pill every day?

Well, the lope didnt do anything for me nor my withdrawals. Took 20mgs and it didnt even help with the shits. Placebo.

Hey guys, I realize this is an old thread, but I need some help. I am in the same boat, been taking high doses of lope for over a year now, am up to 300-400mg a day now, and am having severe muscle weakness which I now realize is my heart not pumping blood properly. I am scared and do not have the option of getting on a legal maintenance program. I live hours from any connections for real opiates, so that isnt an option either. Please, someone let me know how you did with the taper, and if you were successful. I work full time and cant take off to be sick, which is why I started the lope in the first place. Ugh, I'm so aggro with myself!

Ronette, most people say that you can drop a lot at first prett easily (like 20-30 mg or more) a day. Once you get down to a dose that is comfortable stay on it for a week or so and then drop a pill or half a pill and stay for a few days. Slow and steady taper is what does it. Never go up only down and hold. It takes a long time this way but you will feel better going slow.

Okay, I have been sorta stuck on loperamide at @20-30 pills a day. I say stuck because probably if I never researched it I would probably not even know about the horrible withdrawals.
It ABSOLUTELY feels like you're "sorta clean" because it keeps you off the street or doing desperate things to score "real drugs" or getting in trouble.
Anyway, it does work for withdrawal..... If you can just stop there......I guess we wouldn't be addicts.....would we?

Good lordy lord. I didn't read through the whole thread, but a couple quick things:

1. Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but a correlation has recently been established between megadose loperamide and heart arrhythmias sometimes leading to death. Be careful, it's not worth it. When you google it, you'll get thousands of hits from 2002 saying loperamide in high doses is great...the correlation was only recently established. It's not worth it.

2. If you are physically addicted to it and the withdrawals are that bad and you don't want to get subutex the legit way, can't you source it on the street? Anyone that can source H or any other illicit opiate on the street should be able to find subutex or suboxone with a little bit of work. This seems like a much better option than to risk a heart attack over a stupid molecule that doesn't even get you high.

Actually, many prescription drugs cause QT elongated heart rate.
I only know that because I did the research and found out I take a pill every single day that is on that list.
I'm not sure how bad the withdrawal can be yet BUT suggesting people run out and get hooked on something else (and then taper) seems insane.
What we need is help just as if we were addicted to 20 bags (or whatever a huge dose of H)is or could cause "bad health issues" even death. Isn't that what we are ALL here for?
First we get laughed at then told to just go get our doc or Krantom and then taper? I've gotten good information on here and other places but nothing concrete at all about deaths from large doses of loperamide. I don't know about mega doses like 100+mlg I'm on at most 60 but I'm right there stuck too.

What do we ALL want when we are in withdrawal?...... To "feel normal" most people are on such EXTREME doses of (enter drug here) they don't get high anymore anyway. They are "maintaining" WE are also "maintaining" feeling normal too.
What most loperamide addict do is keep going up and up like they would on a normal opiod and don't realize loperamide isn't a normal opiod and doesn't work that way. People taking 100 to 200 pills can drop HUGE amounts before they have to stop,and then go WAY slowwwwww. Loperamide only will do so much and that's all you're going to get from it.

Hey Ronette, I don't know if you check this out at all, but if you do please start tapering down whatever amount you can. You are at a dangerous dosage. If you need help there are lots of positive, helpful and non-judgement people on this site. Just do a search and you can find the help you need. Take care and if you need help I can help you.

Hey guys, I realize this is an old thread, but I need some help. I am in the same boat, been taking high doses of lope for over a year now, am up to 300-400mg a day now, and am having severe muscle weakness which I now realize is my heart not pumping blood properly. I am scared and do not have the option of getting on a legal maintenance program. I live hours from any connections for real opiates, so that isnt an option either. Please, someone let me know how you did with the taper, and if you were successful. I work full time and cant take off to be sick, which is why I started the lope in the first place. Ugh, I'm so aggro with myself!
Ronette I posted a reply to you but it went to the end of this thread, if you ever come back check it out and I hope you are doing well.

I suggest to everyone who is on a high dose of Lope to get some Subutex and Kratom. Then switch from the dirty Lope to Subutex for a few days (don't know about precipitated WDs in this case though) and then taper off with that before switching to Kratom and do the same.

Good luck!

Its crazy to think that 3 years ago people where shocked you could get addicted to lope. Now there is a thread on it weekly.

Ronette I posted a reply to you but it went to the end of this thread, if you ever come back check it out and I hope you are doing well.
Thank you, all of you who replied to me, I really appreciate it. It makes me feel not so alone in this.
And sorry for posting in the old thread, once again, but I just got back on here, today, looking, hoping that maybe someone had figured out a way to get off this crap without the horrible wd. (I try not to get on here too often because of that old habits thing, you know, that whole "the stuff you did while high makes you want to be high" thing, but jeeze, when you've been a junky as long as I have, as I'm sure A LOT of you know, everything makes you want to be high, so I give up.

I'm still struggling with the lope. I've managed to skip a day here and there, but by that 48 hour mark the wd start setting in and I give in and take the crap again. I'm still hovering at about 300mg a day, and still scared as hell about my heart, although obviously I do not have the will power it takes to get off this stuff. Hell, if I had will power I wouldnt be in this boat. I'm in tears constantly over it. I want my life back but I am obviously not strong enough to take it back on my own. I know I sound pathetic. I feel pathetic. Hell, I am pathetic. It's embarrassing being addicted to this crap. At least when I was a heroin addict I had some dignity. There's no dignity in this, I can't tell anyone I know about it. I am 100% alone in this, which only makes the depression that made me start using in the first place that much worse. You guys here are the only people in my life that I can talk to about this at all (and I'm still embarrassed telling you) so it's not like I have anyone supporting me, helping me to get clean. I've just realized this today, seeing that people actual replied and care. I've tried doing a taper, but I always end up back at my max dose, because it's just so hard to deal with everyday life while mentally and physically feeling like the turd that I do without taking anything, not to mention the obvious wd. I've just recently started to not get any kind of energy from the lope anymore, which is why I kept at it for so long, but I absolutely will not increase my dose any higher because of the scares I've had with higher doses and my heart, so I'm pretty much back where I was when I posted those few months back, except of course, I've added another 5 months or so onto my using time. I guess I'm going to try to start a taper again, a slow but sure one, maybe 2mg a day.
If any of you could point me in the direction of a thread or area of this site where people who need support while tapering and getting cleaned up go, it would be more than appreciated. Thank you all again.

Oh, and I do take herbal extracts on the daily that seem to work wonders as far as keeping any episodes with my heart or breathing under control, so hopefully I will find it in myself to get the hell off of this horrible crap before it kills me.

Emotional rant over! I'm sorry, I got carried away. Anyhow, thanks again for replying, those of you who did, it makes me feel a little less alone in this.