• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide withdrawal.... horrible... suggestions please!!

Well I buy lope in bulk amounts, sometimes from raw material suppliers. I did use pods for awhile but the price became too prohibitive. Consulting with those in the area it's been made clear that 1. I will be documented as an addict and if I develop chronic pain in the future I will be limited to 5/325 hydrocodone/apap given 10 at a time with drug testing at best because doctors will see the "addict" scarlet letter in my medical records for life. Many doctors, at least in this area, assume all addicts to be drug seeking patients and due to DEA auditors constantly auditing practices many docs want nothing to do with such patients -- association alone puts them at risk of prosecution. and 2. When I considered subs it was made abundantly clear that nobody is giving me scripts for at least the first 6 months. Plus I am uninsured which makes things even more complicated. There's ways to prevent getting the addict scarlet letter in your records but it requires having a lawyer.

And if that ain't bad enough, congress is far from done waging war on opioid users. It will get even tighter and doctors will be even more tightfisted with opioids. It'll get worse before it gets better. The onslaught of RCs has the federal government in a disarray of how to deal with it. It is the "second front" of the offensive on drug prohibition, which I believe will eventually result in the dissolution of the war on drugs at the federal level.

Since there's a no price rule I'll simply say that Loperamide is the only maintenance method I got that doesn't ever go above 4 figures a month. I hold out hope that there will be a cheap opioid RC at some point that has readily available precursors, and that'll be the rescue ship. I know the 72 count and lower bottles of Lope are expensive indeed, but i buy in bulk, sometimes not even tablets just raw drums.

"which I believe will eventually result in the dissolution of the war on drugs"...

90% of DEA agents & their knuckle busting ladder scrambling underlings would rather hang themselves, or more likely take lethal doses of schedule II drugs & alcohol than ever see this happen...ever.

Last edited:
You and I are in the same boat. You are not alone. I've been at 200mg a day for some time now and am quite concerned. I'm about to start some kind of taper as that's the only thing I can imagine at this point.

"which I believe will eventually result in the dissolution of the war on drugs"...

90% of DEA agents & their knuckle busting ladder scrambling underlings would rather hang themselves, or more likely take lethal doses of schedule II drugs & alcohol than ever see this happen...ever.

I'm not sure what percentage of Law Enforcement are for or against the war on drugs, but I don't think that 90% are for it.
Related reading

To all the nay-sayers in this thread: high doses of lope are a godsend for easing if not completely erasing WD symptoms from traditional opioids. While I agree it's retarded to try and get high off it (all you'll get is a dirty body high), I recall lope being called OTC methadone, and for me and many others that's exactly what it is.

The key is, same as with methadone or bupe, a very slow taper. CT will lead to OP's situation, but if you start with a high dose, then gradually reduce over a couple of weeks to 4 or 6 mg daily, the worst you'll get is trouble sleeping and night sweats for a week, at least that's my experience.

I'd hate to see it scheduled, it's one of the primary ingredients of my WD kit and I'd like to keep it that way. Small chance of that happening though, as it's the one of most effective anti diarreah meds known to man. They won't ban it for the same reasons they won't ban DXM.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what percentage of Law Enforcement are for or against the war on drugs, but I don't think that 90% are for it.
Related reading

My reply wasnt clear...The majority would rather hang themselves, than live to see the "war on drugs" dissolved...(opposite than what you read)

I say just start up on Gabapentin or Pregabalin for WD's. A lot better and effective imo.

And to the first person who has to get on Bupe over immodium, c'mon man..

BUT, me and the rest of bluelight will support you all the way.

My reply wasnt clear...The majority would rather hang themselves, than live to see the "war on drugs" dissolved...(opposite than what you read)

I still might not be getting what you are saying, or maybe I did the first time, but you didn't understand what I meant with my reply.
I take it that you are saying that the majority of Law Enforcement don't want to see an end to the war on drugs. I was just saying that not all Law Enforcement agrees with the war on drugs, but I have no idea of the percentage that agree or disagree with it. I only know that there are enough that disagree with it for there to be an international organization about it.

so let me understand...you're using loperimide as a substitute for an opiate addiction?just trying to understand how you're doing this.i'm only asking because i'm trying like hell to come off subs that i've been on for nearly 4yrs.4yrs too long.got down from about 24mg/ed to now at approx 4-6mg/ed.i wanna taper further and have only recently heard of people using lope to get thru the WD's.went to the store to price the shit yesterday.might as well be back on smack for what i'd have to pay everyday.they only come in 2mg tabs in 48pks by me.what is the best way to start using lope to come off the subs,just stop the subs completely at around 1mg/ed then start the lope?

i hate not being able to shit,lol.i'm a bodybuilder so you know i shit 2-3x/ed and at least 3x/wk clog my toilets up,lol.hope this shit works out.i wanna get off these fucking subs now...

so let me understand...you're using loperimide as a substitute for an opiate addiction?just trying to understand how you're doing this.i'm only asking because i'm trying like hell to come off subs that i've been on for nearly 4yrs.4yrs too long.got down from about 24mg/ed to now at approx 4-6mg/ed.i wanna taper further and have only recently heard of people using lope to get thru the WD's.went to the store to price the shit yesterday.might as well be back on smack for what i'd have to pay everyday.they only come in 2mg tabs in 48pks by me.what is the best way to start using lope to come off the subs,just stop the subs completely at around 1mg/ed then start the lope?

i hate not being able to shit,lol.i'm a bodybuilder so you know i shit 2-3x/ed and at least 3x/wk clog my toilets up,lol.hope this shit works out.i wanna get off these fucking subs now...

You can get to 500micro gram easy mate. I was on 8mg for 3 years and managed to get to under 1mg with ease and use ontop. If you were to crush half of 1mg up and sniff it that would hold you 24 hours easy.

^ Yea, it's better to get down to 500mcg before stopping. If you choose to use loperamide after stopping the suboxone, you have to be careful with it.

Bigjoey, I have bought the same loperamide bottle that you speak of (48 count of 2mg pills) but you can find it for cheaper online. You don't need these high doses that some people are mentioning and those doses would probably make things worse. I would recommend tapering down to 500mcg of suboxone before stopping, and if you are experiencing bad withdrawals after that, then take 10mg of loperamide and see how you feel from that. I would only use it for a few days though, since you don't want to get a habit to the loperamide. I would try to go without using it though, since getting off of suboxone at a really low dose shouldn't be that bad.

Bigjoey, I have bought the same loperamide bottle that you speak of (48 count of 2mg pills) but you can find it for cheaper online.

A certain mega-chain-store for which you have to be a member (the name of which begins with C and ends with o), sells 2x loperamide 200 count bottles for about $6usd (total=800mg/$6). FYI, if you have access. & If memory serves...

I didn't believe it would work - how could it, I thought but in one day I switched from heavy opiate use with absolutely not a single wd effect from the opiates. I did a ton of research ie read all the forums and everyone's experience not paying attention to all the ones where people were now wondering how to get off the lope. From all that reading I decided to not do it half assed but try it and try it for real. My thinking was what the hell - I'll try the lope and make damn sure I'm taking enough and so on so there'll be no mistake about it... my thinking was that there'd be nothing ventured nothing gained. I felt like I had one day and the cost of one bottle of lope to spare. No harm no foul.

And that's what i did - one bottle of lope. I did it over the course of one day so I think I took 40mg first to make sure I felt okay... then over the next few hours another 20mg until I'd taken all 96 of them. I was completely amazed and so very happy about what i found out. I felt freaking awesome - like so many times better than on any of the opi's I've been addicted to. I have to note that I realized I'd taken more than I needed at some point. I'm sure at 100mg I would have been fine but I stayed the course of my plan which was to make damn sure I did it right the first time. When I'd had too much I became extremely stomach sick but I still felt great mentally and the sickness did pass. There's a lot of talk about it being a 'dirty high' and if someone else is going to try this - there's a bit more to the physical story after the initial newness wears off.

The problem is that I didn't think about or care one tiny bit about what would happen after day 1 or even the first week. The first two weeks were just awesome and I had no other plan than to continue the lope indefinitely. I mean it was great. However, reality checks in at some point and a person begins to realize that there's no magic substance. It sure seemed that way but how in the world can withdrawal just be completely avoided with no consequence whatsoever? It can't! The price has to be paid at some point! However, I admit that during those first two weeks I couldn't have cared - I just couldn't have cared about what the future held because RIGHT THEN life was great and I couldn't see it any other way. I mean God I hadn't felt okay or been in a good mood in years and for me the lope was just too good. As with anything - it all changes.

With further research now that things have changed, I have come to understand that I have a new and very real problem. I'd like to say it's worth it to have had such a nice time for a few weeks even but when that time is gone I have to live in the now it's hard to think it was worth it.

Bigjoey - I'd say it worked for me - and how. It seems from reading that it does not work for all. Years ago when I was on MMT I was on a HUGE split dose... I was on a very high dose of sub and neither of those worked for me. That was years ago but neither kept me from being sick ALL the time and miserable. So I don't think tolerance is what makes the lope work on some and not on others - it's something else. Anyway, I'd say sure it works and it worked great. Yet to what end? What now? I still have the exact same problem - addiction - but now it's to freakin lope. It's laughable but it is what it is. And being the addict that i am I am sure even had I known all this I would have still done exactly the same thing as I did.

Last edited:
Wow i was reading this http://www.steadyhealth.com/Immodium___long_term_use___Withdrawal_symptoms_t66653.html?page=2 a few hours ago as i hadnt heard of people getting addicted to it before..I kept reading IMODIUM on threads here and thought to myself"Aint that a poo poo pill
' so i checked it out...This is the first and only place i went but fuck man some of the poor souls on here screaming in agony addicted to this imodium.....

I tried to put the link so as it just said LINK and not the whole URL....

IF you have access to it, get some ondasetron. I don't know if it will help as I've never known anyone to experience loperamide WD, but it certainly helps with the other opiates, some more than others.

thank you all for taking this seriously, as some people can't see past their own faces....

i have been tapering over the past week and it hasn't been bad,

I am going to get down to nothing in the nxt couple weeks.... slow taper

peace and love to all

When i did a taper i was able to stay physically well by reducing by 10mg every 2 days. Problem is.. you WILL crave it and will want to take a megadose after tapering, unfortunately. But it is still worth trying.

Please come back and update about your progress when you can. I really want to know how things are going for you.

Thanks.

The advantage of lope is that it isn't behind the pharmacy counter so it is easily jackable.

I have been taking around 220 mgs of loparamide per day for a few months...

I tried to stop cold turkey 4 days ago and the withdrawals are HORRIBLE....

worse than suboxone, worse than IV heroin... for me...

What do I do?

I can not afford to lose my job, I would go to rehab, but I can't

Should I taper down a few mg's per day?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

thanx and love
Ya Mann i have been tinkering with loperamide for over a week now straight out of rehab for help with post acute withdrawal syndrome pgp inhibitors like quinine, hydroxyzine, grape fruit and a few others with success. However i noticed little euphoria and dependancy developing around the fourth morning. This led to nasty gi problems and a disgusting guilt surrounding its use. And to the posts of all the cynical who believe this to be only placebo effect, I'll have you know after about ten days of straight you i decided the gi issues made it not worth the addiction and purchased a suboxone strip to salvage what was little left of my sobriety. So i cut roughly three mgs off the strip and iv it. Let me tell you this was the most severe precipitated withdrawal i have yet to experience in ten plus years deep heroin addiction. Usually after banging a sub too soon after bags i am dragged through the withdrawal briefly then the suboxone takes over and i feel better. This however was the most aggressive form of hell i was to ever feel. It took about three hours and another3 mg shot before i experienced any relief. This was a very real experience and most definitely was not placebo. So i warn all of you that loperamide may help with some difficult withdrawal symptoms but at the prices of its own dependence / problems. That being said there is no magic over the counter pill that will rescue you from the agony of opiate addiction. I recommend rehab, comfort meds under care of a medical staff and most important, time, time, and more time. Good luck all.

Mygreenbic aka @sp0r412 on twitter