• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

Fent has a higher high, and a lower low. Also has a shorter half life, but 1/2 of forever is still going to feel like forever.
So that means I should be good? I think I might have been tossing some vics back mixing with the lope for the first 2 days…they ran out reeeeal quick lol so I guess that’s good…but I plan to take my last lope tomorrow which will be a total of 7 days using the lope…I think…

So that means I should be good? I think I might have been tossing some vics back mixing with the lope for the first 2 days…they ran out reeeeal quick lol so I guess that’s good…but I plan to take my last lope tomorrow which will be a total of 7 days using the lope…I think…
Lots of really good chronic helps

Lots of really good chronic helps
Hot soaks in the bath with Epsom salts…then a cold 🥶 ass freezing cold shower as long as I can possibly stand it and BREATHE….and I think or at least hope I’m hacking my reptilian brain helping bring me back to life basically and I really think it’s helping…a lot! Mind u…cold showers are FUCKIN MISERABLE!!! But so worth it on the other end….

Last day on the lope… 7 days total…tomorrow I take one 2mg pill and I done! I made thru the worst I think…🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
If you’re down to one 2mg pill and you don’t feel like shit, then you probably made it past the worst.

Just don’t get too comfortable. The PAWS can last for months. There’s a good reason that people go to meetings for a long time after getting off that crap. You’re still looking at several weeks of depression and light insomnia. The lope only pushed you past the physical wd’s.

Hot soaks in the bath with Epsom salts…then a cold 🥶 ass freezing cold shower as long as I can possibly stand it and BREATHE….and I think or at least hope I’m hacking my reptilian brain helping bring me back to life basically and I really think it’s helping…a lot! Mind u…cold showers are FUCKIN MISERABLE!!! But so worth it on the other end….
Scalding hot showers were my trick during wd. I think a cold shower would have killed me!

If you’re down to one 2mg pill and you don’t feel like shit, then you probably made it past the worst.

Just don’t get too comfortable. The PAWS can last for months. There’s a good reason that people go to meetings for a long time after getting off that crap. You’re still looking at several weeks of depression and light insomnia. The lope only pushed you past the physical wd’s.
I honestly feel like dog shit…this evil shit just keeps coming out of me

If you aren't already, start doing a daily workout regimen. 30 minutes or more of cardio (could even be brisk walking), and some weight training. Working out every day is the difference between having PAWS for weeks or months and feeling like shit and having a really hard time, and recovering quickly and feeling increasingly good pretty fast. It makes a tremendous difference. The only times I have successfully gotten off opiates and stayed off more than a short while was when I started working out daily as soon as I wasn't withdrawing too hard to do so.

Scalding hot showers were my trick during wd. I think a cold shower would have killed me!
Squeaky I fucked up 😭 I don’t know why I did but I did, I fucked up and took like 8 hits of H…did I fuck this whole 5 days off? I just wasn’t feeling any better, got discouraged cuz I thought I should be over the hump but didn’t feel like I was even close…can I hop in the sauna work out and drink lots of water and hope that I didn’t set myself back to square 1 😰

Squeaky I fucked up 😭 I don’t know why I did but I did, I fucked up and took like 8 hits of H…did I fuck this whole 5 days off? I just wasn’t feeling any better, got discouraged cuz I thought I should be over the hump but didn’t feel like I was even close…can I hop in the sauna work out and drink lots of water and hope that I didn’t set myself back to square 1 😰
Don’t focus on the past. Go back to lope if you can. Call it a learning experience and get back on the horse.

This isn’t one battle, won or lost. It’s an all out war. Focus on how unsatisfying this feels. You took some H and now you feel like a loser. Now you know how this feels and you will do better next time.

You have set yourself back more than one day, but probably not back to square 1. Don’t let yourself off the hook but also don’t beat yourself up either. Pay attention to all of the factors that led to your relapse (who you’re hanging out with, what foods you eat, etc). This time you should avoid those things.

I don’t remember if this had been said before, but focus on figuring out something that will help you sleep for a few nights (weed,benzos, etc). Then find something to occupy your mind during the day, like exercise (as Xorkoth said). Your biggest enemy is time. If you can disappear from life at night (i.e. sleep) and be busy during the day (like binging Netflix or exercising), time will go a lot faster. You already know how slow those 5 days felt. Now you need something to make it go a little faster.

I honestly feel like dog shit…this evil shit just keeps coming out of me
ANYBODY who says that they quit an addiction to opiates and never relapsed is full of shit. Either they were not really hooked or they fell off the wagon and ‘forgot’ to tell that part of the story.

One of the horrible tricks your mind plays on you in wd is that it tells you you deserve a break. Just a little break from the confusion, insomnia, vomiting, etc. How much could it hurt? Then you either O.D. or you keep taking more because you’re trying to make it into one last, awesome trip. Usually it’s a game of “I haven’t had any in 5 days so it should hit me extra awesome this time.”

But somehow it never does what you want and all you have is the guilt from screwing up. Then the guilt opens that door back up and the next day you think “I already cheated. What’s one more time going to hurt?”

You already feel like you wasted one day. Don’t make it two.

Don’t focus on the past. Go back to lope if you can. Call it a learning experience and get back on the horse.

This isn’t one battle, won or lost. It’s an all out war. Focus on how unsatisfying this feels. You took some H and now you feel like a loser. Now you know how this feels and you will do better next time.

You have set yourself back more than one day, but probably not back to square 1. Don’t let yourself off the hook but also don’t beat yourself up either. Pay attention to all of the factors that led to your relapse (who you’re hanging out with, what foods you eat, etc). This time you should avoid those things.

I don’t remember if this had been said before, but focus on figuring out something that will help you sleep for a few nights (weed,benzos, etc). Then find something to occupy your mind during the day, like exercise (as Xorkoth said). Your biggest enemy is time. If you can disappear from life at night (i.e. sleep) and be busy during the day (like binging Netflix or exercising), time will go a lot faster. You already know how slow those 5 days felt. Now you need something to make it go a little faster.
Ok yes ur right…ugh I feel like such a loser…I’m gonna exercise take niacian and go in the sauna in hopes I can get myself back to where I was quicker than just laying in bed miserable…I don’t have any benzos and I’ve Supposedly got the best weed in town but it hasn’t been helping me sleep… I really don’t want to get hooked on loperamide I’m thinking about just getting some crate him taking it for a week and then hopefully being done

ANYBODY who says that they quit an addiction to opiates and never relapsed is full of shit. Either they were not really hooked or they fell off the wagon and ‘forgot’ to tell that part of the story.

One of the horrible tricks your mind plays on you in wd is that it tells you you deserve a break. Just a little break from the confusion, insomnia, vomiting, etc. How much could it hurt? Then you either O.D. or you keep taking more because you’re trying to make it into one last, awesome trip. Usually it’s a game of “I haven’t had any in 5 days so it should hit me extra awesome this time.”

But somehow it never does what you want and all you have is the guilt from screwing up. Then the guilt opens that door back up and the next day you think “I already cheated. What’s one more time going to hurt?”

You already feel like you wasted one day. Don’t make it two.
I’m trying…I really am…and my mind isn’t saying it wants one more high…it just begging for relief…but I’m back in the war…fighting fir my
Life

Ok yes ur right…ugh I feel like such a loser…I’m gonna exercise take niacian and go in the sauna in hopes I can get myself back to where I was quicker than just laying in bed miserable…I don’t have any benzos and I’ve Supposedly got the best weed in town but it hasn’t been helping me sleep… I really don’t want to get hooked on loperamide I’m thinking about just getting some crate him taking it for a week and then hopefully being done
Lope is cheap. Get more now. I’m guessing that H isn’t hard to come by and you don’t want to be tempted again.

Besides.... being addicted to anything is bad but at least loperamide sucks enough that you would have some inspiration to quit. Heroin comes with a strong desire to get more.

IF you go 30-40 hours, you shal be fine; even 24 hours and you’re likely ok; just stop loperamide NOW; and they don’t work together, and wasn’t thinking appointment is m, Tommorow, if IIRC

Howe Er, they shall not give you more than 8, or at most 12ng, possibly 4mg, then 4-8 more. Point is, it shall work; buprenorphine fully penetrate ms the nervous system, unlike Lope, which barely does CNS effects, w/out inhibitors, (3A4 inhibitors, multiple doses, and then it just every couple days)

Buprenorphine can work wonders, and getting off lope is arguably tge best decision you have made; trust me, this is my area of expertise, and loperamide doesn’t compare to buprenorphine ‘ - if even 50-75 % of the lope is gone, you will feel like you took a full agonist at first, even a kind of rush - This goes away eventually , though you remain WD free, and it still gives a pick me up, kind of an anti-depressant type effect, and, it is actually an effective analgesic at reasonable doses, for mild moderate pain, especially

Post back as you mentioned, and just try and not stress it shall it surely work out

It is good you have the option, and, good luck hun
Speaking from experience. You are absolutely 100% WRONG.
Be very careful, because it's a misinformation and very bad outcome could come to other users when you misinforme them this way. I'm speaking from experience and I just came back from the dead with 500 pills 1000 mg of loperamide a day for 7 years the last 3 years was this high dose but I am on Suboxone right now and what you said it's absolutely wrong! when I have more time I'll come to the side opening new thread and tell all my life experience with loperamid, 50 bags a day of heroin before that, 800 mg of oxycodone before that etc.
I don't mean to offend you. Simply and honestly telling you the truth!

Speaking from experience. You are absolutely 100% WRONG.
Be very careful, because it's a misinformation and very bad outcome could come to other users when you misinforme them this way. I'm speaking from experience and I just came back from the dead with 500 pills 1000 mg of loperamide a day for 7 years the last 3 years was this high dose but I am on Suboxone right now and what you said it's absolutely wrong! when I have more time I'll come to the side opening new thread and tell all my life experience with loperamid, 50 bags a day of heroin before that, 800 mg of oxycodone before that etc.
I don't mean to offend you. Simply and honestly telling you the truth!
Holy crap that’s a lot. But it’s an awesome example of exactly how much misinformation is out there. When I was using loperamide to get through oxy wd’s, I got a whole lot of warnings that I would die for sure after a few weeks of a taper that started around 150mg lope per day - lot’s of talk about “long qt intervals” (heart problems).

Not saying nobody ever got hurt OD’ing on lope, just that the standard attitude about taking more than 16mg per day being fatal is not as cut and dried as I had been told. This is why BlueLight is so important.

Holy crap that’s a lot. But it’s an awesome example of exactly how much misinformation is out there. When I was using loperamide to get through oxy wd’s, I got a whole lot of warnings that I would die for sure after a few weeks of a taper that started around 150mg lope per day - lot’s of talk about “long qt intervals” (heart problems).

Not saying nobody ever got hurt OD’ing on lope, just that the standard attitude about taking more than 16mg per day being fatal is not as cut and dried as I had been told. This is why BlueLight is so important.

Not saying nobody ever got hurt OD’ing on lope, just that the standard attitude about taking more than 16mg per day being fatal is not as cut and dried as I had been told. This is why BlueLight is so import

Well said brother.
I was resuscitated five times at the emergency room that means my heart stopped five times they brought me back there is at least one death every week on loperamid happening right now at this moment I educated the doctors because they didn't have a lot of information about this drug and when they researched they literally we're very very concerned to what's happening with this opioid to users all around the world.
Cannot stress enough how much they were grateful with sites like bluelight when they were searching on Internet.
doctors are learning from us in this forums!
Like i said I will come back and tell everything that I went thru in the last 15 years, because I really believe that the information we bring here about our experiences is literally saving lives.
I am grateful for this site because even I didn't write at all in the past besides few posts, I learned a lot and probably it saved my life at one point in time in the past.
A sincere Thank you to everyone that is involved here.
May universe bless you 🙏 all!

I used to be a lurker back in the day, but I've been stuck on lope for 4 years now, even after cardiac events happened. I have been on 400mg (sometimes more) for the last 2 and its been awful. I've made several attempts to quit, another stint at rehab which did shit because of the stupid long half-life of this drug. I think thats what grinds my will down every time I hop off of it, specifically the length of time it takes me to actually sleep again. A few years ago I was taking a little less but drinking at the time heavily, and had to cold turkey both and I didn't sleep for a month. I'm of course back on 400mg ever since I got of rehab months ago, and have been so up and down with regards to feeling like I can quit and feeling like I cant. It seems pretty damn apparent successfully quitting in my current situation is going to be a taper of some sorts.

Whether its a quick one and dropping or a long one. I dont look forward to the latter though, as theres a sort of prolonged (even more than usual) misery that comes with that. This is the first time in my life where I have legitimately have considered suboxone. But I'm well aware of the pitfalls of that too. So it seems I'm between a rock and a hard place. What I'm hoping is that by at least expressing these things in some manner where people are going through the same problems, that it might help in some way.

I ended up testing the waters with cold turkey 400mg, and on day 3 the feelings of intense joint pain, anhedonia, emotional overload (get sad and feel like crying at the slightest of things lol), and noped right off. Funny thing is I took nearly 350mg but the joint pain and restless remained, maybe because of the gap in days my receptors weren't saturated with the substance like with every day use. Which is why I would like to taper. I want things to be different year when I look back on this year.

That being said anyone that is withdrawing right now, hot showers are an immediate short lasting cure for me. Sometimes I'd be in the shower for 45 mins at a time 5 times a day when I have tried in the past before. Anyone here taper from 400mg? Or tried to CT it?

Funny thing is I took nearly 350mg but the joint pain and restless remained, maybe because of the gap in days my receptors weren't saturated with the substance like with every day use.
I noticed very clearly, when I have used it, that it builds up in your system over 3-4 days. So if you’re taking 400mg per day, by the third day you might actually have something like 800 mg worth in your blood. 3 days of abstinence probably means 3 days more to get the blood level back high enough to feel normal.

That crap takes so long to begin working, and remains in your system for so long. That’s the reason it was abandoned 50 years ago as a pain reliever and rebranded as an anti-diarrhea medicine.