• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

Man I wish I knew math better…I don’t know why but that kind of confused me
First things first.
Check the internet for a “MME Calculator”. It stands for Morphine Medical Equivalent. If you can convert your daily H use to an equivalent dose of Morphine, we can start to estimate how much loperamide you’ll need at the beginning. After that I can walk you through the next few weeks of a lope taper.

If you can’t figure it out, let us all know how much H you’re taking (and probably the quality too) and I’ll do my best to estimate for you.

You’re not alone. It’s going to suck more than most folks can comprehend. But I promise you that one day you will be able to look back and say that it wasn’t so bad after all.

Man I wish I knew math better…I don’t know why but that kind of confused me
I’ll do my best to check back at least once daily. I can do the math for you to get you a plan together.

Just don’t fall into desperation. You have been on this train a long time. Another week or two won’t kill you. And don’t even think about “one last party”. It will only make it harder to quit.

Last edited:
It violates BL rules for me to tell you how or where to get drugs. What I can say is this:

Right when I discovered loperamide, I could walk into most big box stores and buy up to 400 lope pills in one pack. Cheap too. Around 2017 or 2018, the FDA in the USA got wise to all of this and scared the shit out of pharmacies around the country. Overnight, all of them pulled the huge bottles off the shelves. Now you can mostly only find blister packages of about 16 pills.

A search of the internet for “anti-diarrhea medicine” will eventually lead to what I found: 96 count bottles for the cost of breakfast at McDonald’s. Doesn’t matter who makes it, if it says “loperamide” on the bottle then it’s all the same. All from a very well known site. I’m sure you can figure it out.

One more thing.
The goal is to quit..., forever. There’s a sense of pride that comes with hard work. Ever drive your car after detailing it yourself? It feels a lot different than dropping it off at the car wash and letting someone else make it pretty. If you do the work it will be hard, but very satisfying. A year from now you will need the memory of everything you worked through to get clean, and hopefully it will help you to not relapse.

None of this has to do with solving today’s problems. It’s all about stopping tomorrow’s problems before they start.

Don’t forget..... loperamide WILL significantly increase your tolerance for ALL other opiates. It’s an inevitability. A few weeks on lope and it will take double of your old H habit to feel anything. A few months on it and your tolerance for H will be 5-10 times what it was.

Don’t go this route unless you’re serious about quitting or the next time you want H you’ll be throwing money down the toilet. And the time after that you will probably OD because you want so desperately to get high. It’s a bit more serious than it sounds.

Loperamide is an opiate. It was prescribed for pain in the 1960’s. They quickly realized it sucked as a pain killer because of how long it takes to start working, but it’s great for causing severe constipation. SO.... repackaged and rebranded in low doses as an anti-diarrhea medicine and sold over the counter as Immodium. 50 years later, nobody remembers that it is actually an opiate. No different from oxy, Hydrocodone, heroin, etc.

Everything that happens to your body from heroin WILL happen with loperamide. Happy thoughts, sleeping, pain relief, constipation, etc. It works for managing withdrawals so well because of how extremely long it stays in your system. And when you quit using it..... all of the horrible things you get from H wd’s will be there too.

The goal is to transition from the drug that can get you arrested to something that is over-the-counter and then take as long as necessary to taper off of it while minimizing the worst of the wd symptoms. Some suffering is inevitable.

Exactly 2mg per pill- that makes it easy to measure.
Tastes pretty bad- stops you from eating them like M&M’s
Makes you constipated- helps to fuel your desire to quit.

Addiction is a war. Lope is a nuclear bomb. Used correctly it can save your life. In the wrong hands it can destroy everything you love.

I have too many addictions now. Kratom, oxy, nicotine, weed, caffeine.... I have gone way too far in trying to get sleep, then to wake up. Trying to be a superhero at work. Trying to be a man’s man at home. Somehow I have no idea how I got here and yet I know exactly how I got here. I can’t figure out how to get back, although I know exactly how to get back. I’m pretty miserable most of the time just trying to be a little less miserable.

Too bad I’m no good at taking my own advice. Some days I post here on BL and I feel like the world’s best addiction counselor who’s addicted to EVERYTHING. I need to pick one thing and focus on giving it up. I just can’t bring myself to do the work.

How’s it going Jbird?
Well I’m still using…2 failed attempts at using lope…gonna try again with a higher dose…it just did not work 😨 but I’m also ordering elimdral I spelled it wrong it’s like $75 for each day and night withdrawal support

Well I’m still using…2 failed attempts at using lope…gonna try again with a higher dose…it just did not work 😨 but I’m also ordering elimdral I spelled it wrong it’s like $75 for each day and night withdrawal support
How much lope did you use?

You really have to commit. After even a couple of days on lope your tolerance for other opiates will go up. Not forever but for long enough to cause problems.

If you’re going to try it again, it might be wise to start with a lot of it ready in case it takes a lot to work. OR have a plan to get plenty more in case it takes your whole stash to do it right on the first day.

Either way you can expect to feel ‘not great’ for a couple of days, even if you do it perfectly.

I’ve never heard of elimdral. Is it prescription?

I looked up Elimidrawl. In 2017 the American government forced them to refund $239K to consumers and barred them from saying it helps withdrawl.

It could be something where they say it takes 4-7 days to start working, which is about how long it takes for the opiate wd’s to start getting better on their own.

I think it's very important to point out the cardio-toxic effects of long term loperamide use.
No doubt.
However, basically every documented case of loperamide abuse and serious health conditions are connected to long term use of 300-400 mg per day, for months to years.

Not to diminish the dangers of high doses, but starting off at under 200mg per day with a strong plan to taper off it ASAP is generally safe. Obviously if you have an underlying heart condition, it might not be smart.

Ultimately what we’re talking about is choosing the lesser of two evils: All of the risks that go with needles and heroin vs. the unwanted side effects of short-term loperamide use.

How much lope did you use?

You really have to commit. After even a couple of days on lope your tolerance for other opiates will go up. Not forever but for long enough to cause problems.

If you’re going to try it again, it might be wise to start with a lot of it ready in case it takes a lot to work. OR have a plan to get plenty more in case it takes your whole stash to do it right on the first day.

Either way you can expect to feel ‘not great’ for a couple of days, even if you do it perfectly.

I’ve never heard of elimdral. Is it prescription?
Fuck too late!!

I ran out…I feel like shit…it’s been working…I’m kicking fentanyl so it should be quick right

Relatively quick, yeah. Can't you get some more loperamide though? Try to take it every day for a week, and you should be past the acute withdrawals for the most party, you might still have some lingering light stuff. If you take lope longer you will start to get addicted to it instead, but I have found that a week will not get you addicted to lope. It's important to try to take it again before you go back into withdrawal, because it takes a long time to work, and when you're in withdrawal, you're way more likely to relapse on fentanyl.

Relatively quick, yeah. Can't you get some more loperamide though? Try to take it every day for a week, and you should be past the acute withdrawals for the most party, you might still have some lingering light stuff. If you take lope longer you will start to get addicted to it instead, but I have found that a week will not get you addicted to lope. It's important to try to take it again before you go back into withdrawal, because it takes a long time to work, and when you're in withdrawal, you're way more likely to relapse on fentanyl.
I know I have been taking Vicodin with the lope i ran out gonna get some more lope todyay

100% True. Get a LOT of lope. Enough for a week x 2

I ran out…I feel like shit…it’s been working…I’m kicking fentanyl so it should be quick right
Fent has a higher high, and a lower low. Also has a shorter half life, but 1/2 of forever is still going to feel like forever.

Fent has a higher high, and a lower low. Also has a shorter half life, but 1/2 of forever is still going to feel like forever.
Squeaky- so I’ve made it past day 4! Shouldn’t I be over the worst of it?? Man I feel like I’ve just been shoving a bunch of pills down my throat for the past 4 days ughhh…but I’m pretty sure I tapered down…I was trying to count those damn pills but it’s just a bitch getting out of those damn pockets 🥵🥵